Austin, Texas Finds #2

Reaction score
Man, I barely shop retail anymore. I never find anything. Good to see the updates though, just to know what's actually hitting!

Reaction score
Man, I barely shop retail anymore. I never find anything. Good to see the updates though, just to know what's actually hitting!
That makes two of us. I ordered the last round of figures online because I was tired of not finding them at retail. Of coarse, the day after I get them I find the entire wave at HEB. :\

Reaction score
Anybody finding anything good on clearance out there? I’m looking for a probe droid, wampa or awing from five below. I’m looking for Hoth rebel soldiers on clearance too. As many as. Possible. If you have something or have found something, on me please.

Reaction score
Anybody finding anything good on clearance out there? I’m looking for a probe droid, wampa or awing from five below. I’m looking for Hoth rebel soldiers on clearance too. As many as. Possible. If you have something or have found something, on me please.
I am not sure about Five Below, because the one that was closest to me (183 & Mopac) just closed. I was there a couple weeks ago & all it had was a ton of 6” Jyn, Cassian, & Krennic. I went yesterday to go look & it was shut down & empty.
I did get a couple A-Wings there a while back (October) & did a battle worn custom.

Reaction score
I am not sure about Five Below, because the one that was closest to me (183 & Mopac) just closed. I was there a couple weeks ago & all it had was a ton of 6” Jyn, Cassian, & Krennic. I went yesterday to go look & it was shut down & empty.
I did get a couple A-Wings there a while back (October) & did a battle worn custom.

I can't seem to time these Five Below's correctly. Every time I go, I'm too late. Whats the secret? I would've loved an A Wing, Probe droid, etc.

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, did anyone around these parts get the Sail Barge?

Reaction score
Way too cool. I'm envious! :)

If I do end up getting one I have no clue where I would display it. It wouldn't be complete without having a skiff to go along side it. I still haven't figured out how to properly display the BMF I picked up years ago. I keep it in the guest room and have to move it whenever someone stays. Maybe the guest room has to go......

Reaction score
Way too cool. I'm envious! :)

If I do end up getting one I have no clue where I would display it. It wouldn't be complete without having a skiff to go along side it. I still haven't figured out how to properly display the BMF I picked up years ago. I keep it in the guest room and have to move it whenever someone stays. Maybe the guest room has to go......
My home office is a converted garage, and it's chock full. I have no space left in the main room, but it has two walk-in closets with shelving, which is where I displayed the barge. I have too much stuff to properly display, so a lot of things are just stored in the closets, but I'd like to clean one of them out (selling a bunch of stuff) and turn it into a 3.75" diorama display room. My main office is mostly life-size stuff (Han in Carbonite, helmets, MR sabers/blasters, Sideshow/Hot Toys, etc) without much of a 3.75" presence, but I'd love to display some of that stuff. I have a complete loose vintage collection that I'd love to display in one of those cool wall cases some people have.

Anyone local interested in a huge modern liquidation sale? Lots of loose ships, figures, etc., and not just Star Wars (Transformers, MOTU, etc). I've been thinking about doing it for a while...

Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation. My office is actually the media room, and it's at capacity. Between my collection and my wife's scrap-booking supplies there's not much room left for something the size of the barge. I need to get one of those houses with the detached garage and mother-in-law apartments. That would make for a great man cave.

I may be interested in picking up a few things. Let me do a check of what I'm missing. If you happen to have it that would work out well for us both.

Reaction score
Saw the BS 6” Imperial Rocket Trooper at the GameStop at Northcross. Surprised because that is a REALLY small store that barely gets anything. They have 2 left as of this evening. Nothing else to report...

Reaction score
Saw a vintage collection tank driver in great shape at the HEB at the Y at Oak Hill (71 & 290 split).

also, I bought three vintage skiff Landos from Walmart and they all arrived in keepable shape. Good guy fellow Austin collector price of $14 each for the two extras I have.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anyone see any of the new Retro Figures or the Solo 2.0 figures or even the Solo Stormtrooper figure anywhere???

Reaction score
Anyone see any of the new Retro Figures or the Solo 2.0 figures or even the Solo Stormtrooper figure anywhere???
No retro yet. I was able to pick up the lone Luke Stormtrooper 6" and VC Han Stormtrooper from Lakeline Target Sunday morning, but that's it. Not sure why it's such a desert around here lately.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was able to get all the Retro figures, the Death Star game w/ Tarkin, VC Solo Storm, & BS Luke Storm last Sunday morning (all at Target Arboretum). The Retro figures were still not put out. Found a helpful employee that went to the back & brought out the one case they had. They ship 1 each per case (& the case box is small).

All Targets should be getting more VC Solo & Luke Storms this week. Not sure about the Retro figures though.

Reaction score
I was able to get all the Retro figures, the Death Star game w/ Tarkin, VC Solo Storm, & BS Luke Storm last Sunday morning (all at Target Arboretum). The Retro figures were still not put out. Found a helpful employee that went to the back & brought out the one case they had. They ship 1 each per case (& the case box is small).

All Targets should be getting more VC Solo & Luke Storms this week. Not sure about the Retro figures though.
Target Arboretum actually got another case in at some point, because I was able to get them all from the back the other day as well, and they had a few left over (couple of Lukes, a Chewie and a Vader, I think), which makes me think they had even more cases, but people bought up certain ones, all right from the back. The figs are going to be in the Father's Day setup in the men's section, as you might have heard. Arboretum didn't have theirs set up yet, but maybe this weekend? Good luck!

I also picked up my Jabba's alcove set from Lakeline Walmart today, but I had ordered it for online pickup, so I don't know if they have them in-store for purchase yet. Anyway, awesome set!!

Last edited: