Austin, Texas Finds #2

Reaction score
Ended up finding at least 10 of them last weekend at the Anderson Lane/Northcross Walgreens. Thanks though! Hopefully anyone else who wants them was/is able to get one.

Reaction score
I had some time to kill yesterday and went into a Walmart for the first time in a very long time. Thought I might catch a glimpse of the new BS figures. Not only did the store not have any, I didn't even see a spot for them. Pathetic.

One day I'll come to terms with the fact that action figure collecting is over for me, at least for the time being. :\

Reaction score
Finding anything new in stores is so rare, it really makes you think "why waste my time?" I have been getting most everything from Amazn, or BBTS. Hasbroke Toy Shop would have everything that is current if they knew what they were doing. What does it say when the biggest movie release (domestic) that is part of the biggest movie franchise, and the biggest movie toy merchandising success, has very little of it available. Pitiful.

Reaction score
Target in the Arboretum got in 2 cases of the 5poa Han (old man) & Rey (Resistance outfit) wave. I had to ask the guy to bring them out since the pegs were full of old waves.
They also have a few of the big Legendary Yoda on clearance for $53.00 (down from $179)

Also

Walmart @Parmer & 35 had a few 6" Flametroopers and a few 6" First Order Tie Pilots

Reaction score
I've seen the new LEGO sets around several stores in town over the past week

Reaction score
The Walmart on 290&MOPAC in South Austin restocked with Wave 3 of TBS 3 3/4" and what I think was Wave 2 of TBS 6".

TBS 3 3/4": 6 Reys(didn't look over the paint jobs), 5 Stormtroopers(1 good, 1 okay, 3 FUBAR on the helmet paint jobs), and more than 6 each of Finn, Han, Kylo Ren, Luke and Poe.

TBS 6": I didn't look too closely as I don't pay a whole lot of attention to this line but it looked like a bunch of Kylos and Captain Phasmas.

To find them, go to the regular Star Wars figure aisle, from there, start heading to the electronics section and keep looking to the aisles on the right side and you should see the special section where these figures were stocked. I found this special section of figures on my way to pick up the Blue-Ray/DVD set after I checked the regular Star Wars aisle.

I didn't buy any of the figures and this was around 2:00 pm this afternoon.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I hope you all had a great 4th. It may not happen but I am going through the interview process (4th one tomorrow) for a job that will have me moving to Dallas. As a consequence, I will have to downscale my Sideshow collection. Would anyone be interested in a 501st full-size bust (no box), Vader Mythos, Maul mythos (no box), Dooku PF (saber doesn't work, but he looks good) and Commander Cody and Boba Fett (new one) PF EXs? I have a three GG busts and a zombie trooper statue as well. I plan on keeping my 1/6 scales and some PFs (Emperor, Tarkin and Malgus)... Any interest? I'd rather sell local and you guys get to take a look at what you're buying, should you be interested. Thanks and have a good one!

Reaction score
Well, it's looking more and more like this move to Dallas may happen, so if you, or any of your friends want some of these pieces of art at pretty much rock=bottom prices, I'd love to hear about it and make a deal. My loss will be your gain as I'll make good deals. Just scouting interest at the moment. I have a big box of Blu Rays heading for half price books this weekend!!!

Have a good one guys and gals!

Cheers

Omar

Reaction score
Man, I'd be all over that PF Malgus if you decided to sell. How much are you looking to get for the PF Fett?

Good luck with the move!

Reaction score
Hi! I really like the Malgus, but I may change my mind when I move- I got the job!!! As far as the Fett goes, I'm not greedy- I'd sell for retail minus the shipping. Is that fair?

Reaction score
So, this is the stuff potentially up for grabs at Scummer prices and no shipping!

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Reaction score
Hi! I really like the Malgus, but I may change my mind when I move- I got the job!!! As far as the Fett goes, I'm not greedy- I'd sell for retail minus the shipping. Is that fair?
man, that's a tempting offer on the Fett. Let me think about it. I just moved into a new house myself, and I haven't figured out the layout for the collection yet. The Malgus I'd definitely make work if you decide to sell!

Reaction score
Hey, Austin scummers. So I recently contacted a Toys R Us in Austin, Tx that has an Imperial Hovertank Pilot, several in fact, and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to pick up one for me, and I would pay cost plus S+H. Let me know! Thanks.

Reaction score
Not much to find of late...unless one is into the 6in line or the Lego stuff...

Reaction score
So I'm looking to be on the hunt for the revived 3.75" vintage collection in 2018, though only original trilogy characters this time around as I've narrowed the focus of what I want to have or collect.

I recall that distribution in 2012 ~ 2013 suddenly took a turn for the worse - has it improved any in the past five-ish years? I might just order whole cases as each new wave comes along and trade/sell the figures that don't fit my collecting focus. Not as fun as "hunting", but saves plenty of gas and time...

Reaction score
Oh wow this thread is dead, but then again so is Star Wars collecting lol

So I'm looking to be on the hunt for the revived 3.75" vintage collection in 2018, though only original trilogy characters this time around as I've narrowed the focus of what I want to have or collect.

I recall that distribution in 2012 ~ 2013 suddenly took a turn for the worse - has it improved any in the past five-ish years? I might just order whole cases as each new wave comes along and trade/sell the figures that don't fit my collecting focus. Not as fun as "hunting", but saves plenty of gas and time...
I would recommend getting cases online. Distribution is still awful, and now we have the added bonuses of stores simply not stocking stuff (TRU), backlogged with years of pegwarmers (Target) or have shrunk their space so small that anything stocked sells out quick, leaving empty pegs (Walmart)

Reaction score
Thanks for heads up on things, I have noticed that as well. Might as well support the online companies since the local stores can't seem to get things right.

Reaction score
On the off chance there is anyone still checking this... While things are pretty bleak for the most part, I thought there were a few things worth sharing.

I live near the Domain so all of these store reports are pertaining to stores in the Arboretum and North Austin area.

Wal-Mart - SAD SAD SAD. The only thing I have found in a while is the Milton Star Wars ‘Xcavations’ fossils. These are
pretty cool, love the Hutt & Trandoshan skulls in particular. They are shelved with the science/STEM toys.

Target - Got my Gam Gaurds when they first came out, I saw they had more last week. Arboretum store had some 6” BS
Enfys Nest & Speeder. Also the Solo Vandor Playset. Lots of TVC wave 1 (except for Hoth trooper).

Tuesday Morning - The Hot Wheels Elite Millenium Falcon for $29.99. EXCELLENT die cast replica with magnetic changeable
attachments (landing gears open or closed & era specific radar dish).
Rebels 5poa Thrawn & many others. Lots of BS Titanium figures, ships, and helmets

Gamestop - Lots of clearance and the BS Shocktrooper helmet

Reaction score
Hey, nice to dust the cobwebs off this thread! Yeah, my experience has been almost exactly the same. I did find the new Solo 2-packs at Walmart 620 yesterday (Mimban Han/Chewie and the Corellian Hound set) and the First Order stormtrooper commander. Other than that, finding the same stuff as you. There's a BS Rebel Fleet Trooper at the GameStop in the Walmart plaza on Anderson Lane if anyone's looking (though the box is a wreck).

Personally, I'm looking for the Colin Cantwell concept die-cast vehicles. I think these are only showing up at GameStop. I've found the concept Falcon, X-wing and TIE fighter, but I'm still hunting for the Star Destroyer and Landspeeder, if anyone has any leads on those.

Anyway, thanks again for dusting off this thread. Nice to know there are still some Scummers in the Austin area :)

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, on the topic of Tuesday Morning -- I went last week looking for an Elite Falcon (found one), and discovered they also had the Propel drones for $70 each. You can find them slightly cheaper on Amazon, but it was nice to see them in-hand for a reasonable price. I'm still holding out hope they release the Falcon they teased a while back, but based on the fact that these are showing up at the junk stores for 75% off, it doesn't look promising.

Reaction score
Wow, nice to see some signs of life in this thread. Unfortunately, it's a reflection of the sad state of affairs of our hobby.

Reaction score
I was able to get the first wave of the concept series (X-wing,Tie,Falcon) from Walmarts site and had them shipped to store (free) for pickup. The second wave (Star Destroyer & Landspeeder) is just now starting to show up on line. As you said, Gamestop seems to be the main place they are showing up in stores.

You mentioned the Propel Drones, I got the Darth Vaders Tie Fighter Collector edition on clearance at Target for $44 earlier this year. Possibly the most satisfying purchase I have made in the last few years. Just the box opening presentation was worth what I spent. If you haven’t seen it, when you take it out of the box & sleeve it is in an clear acrylic case that automatically lights up and starts playing Vader’s theme. About 2 weeks ago I got the X-wing off of Amazon. When it isn’t 100 degrees outside I will actually go fly them.

Reaction score
You mentioned the Propel Drones, I got the Darth Vaders Tie Fighter Collector edition on clearance at Target for $44 earlier this year. Possibly the most satisfying purchase I have made in the last few years. Just the box opening presentation was worth what I spent. If you haven’t seen it, when you take it out of the box & sleeve it is in an clear acrylic case that automatically lights up and starts playing Vader’s theme. About 2 weeks ago I got the X-wing off of Amazon. When it isn’t 100 degrees outside I will actually go fly them.
Yep, I grabbed an X-wing for $40 and a TIE for $50 on Amazon last week. I should have grabbed the speeder bike when I saw it cheap, but it wasn't the one I wanted at the time (now I need them all, of course haha) so I held off. Ended up paying the $70 Tuesday Morning was asking, but considering how cheap I got the others, I'm ok with it. They're TONS of fun, and as you say, the presentation is top-notch.

Reaction score
FYI if you are looking for BS 6” Moloch (Target exclusive) the Target at the Arboretum had 7 left last night (after I grabbed 1). The boxes all have a box cutter mark across the top, no biggie if you are an opener. Really cool figure.

Reaction score
And things are picking up all of a sudden.

Last Friday I picked up wave 3 of TVC from Wamart @ I35 & Parmer.

Yesterday I picked up from Target at the Arboretum both the BS 6” Leia Bespin Escape, and the Solo Force Link Trooper Pack. They had several of both left.

Tonight at Walgreens on Braker & Metric I picked up BS 6” General Veers. I grabbed 2 and they had over 10 left.

Reaction score
Starting to feel like I’m talking to myself... kidding.

Found the incredibly overdue BS 6” Mimban Stormtrooper at WM 183 & 35 (Noorwood Park) before they closed at midnight. After I grabbed 2 there were 6 left.

Reaction score
Man, you’re having all the luck. I can’t get out the way I used to, so I’m always a few days late on finding stuff. If you see any more BS 6” Mimban Troopers, pls stash one for me and PM me the location (I suspect scalpers lurk this thread). I guess I missed out on the $25 Vader helmets too ��

thx for keeping the thread going!

Reaction score
Man, you’re having all the luck. I can’t get out the way I used to, so I’m always a few days late on finding stuff. If you see any more BS 6” Mimban Troopers, pls stash one for me and PM me the location (I suspect scalpers lurk this thread). I guess I missed out on the $25 Vader helmets too ��

thx for keeping the thread going!
I will keep an eye out and do so if I see any.

Reaction score
With the return on the Vintage Collection I decided to go on my first hunt in a while. Found nothing but peg warmers.

I did see a couple 6" Darth Revans at the Best Buy near Hester's Crossing. They were the only two 6" figures there. My guess is someone bought them to scalp on Ebay and returned them when they didn't sell.

Happy Hunting!

Reaction score
Tuesday Morning stores are getting in more of the Propel drones. I already had Vader’s Tie, but they had the Speeder bike & X-wing which I grabbed. They have several of each all priced at $49.99. They are all the collector’s display case editions.

Reaction score
would anyone be interested in splitting a case of wave 4 of then vintage collection coming out in March?

i’m only interested in one each of boushh, yakface and klaatu, but here’s the case breakout:

1x SW S RANGE TROOPER
2x SW E6 VIN YAKFACE
2x SW R1 VIN SCARIF STORMTROOPER
2x SW E6 VIN KLAATU SKIFF GUARD
1x SW E6 VIN PRINCESS LEIA ORGANA BOUSHH

Reaction score
would anyone be interested in splitting a case of wave 4 of then vintage collection coming out in March?

i’m only interested in one each of boushh, yakface and klaatu, but here’s the case breakout:

1x SW S RANGE TROOPER
2x SW E6 VIN YAKFACE
2x SW R1 VIN SCARIF STORMTROOPER
2x SW E6 VIN KLAATU SKIFF GUARD
1x SW E6 VIN PRINCESS LEIA ORGANA BOUSHH
I went ahead and ordered a case and it got here earlier this week...

The bad news is half the cards have creases (yes, straight out the sealed case from Hasbro), so these are likely best suited as figures to be opened. I’m asking $14 each (essential the same price at retail after tax) for any of:

1 x range trooper
1 x yakface
2 x scarif stormtrooper
1 x klaatu

Reaction score

The bad news is half the cards have creases (yes, straight out the sealed case from Hasbro), so these are likely best suited as figures to be opened. IÂ’m asking $14 each (essential the same price at retail after tax) for any of:

1 x range trooper
1 x yakface
2 x scarif stormtrooper
1 x klaatu
I am in Austin (North Braker & Metric area). I will pay that for the Yakface & Klaatu. I want extras as it is. I will message you as well.

Reaction score

The bad news is half the cards have creases (yes, straight out the sealed case from Hasbro), so these are likely best suited as figures to be opened. IÂ’m asking $14 each (essential the same price at retail after tax) for any of:

1 x range trooper
0 x yakface
2 x scarif stormtrooper
0 x klaatu
Yakface and klaatu are gone; still have all three troopers.

one scarif trooper and the range trooper don’t have the creasing like the other figs, so they are probably ok for someone who doesn’t open their figures. Still asking $14/ea.

Reaction score
Found & purchased BS Wave 20 (Mace, Battle Droid etc) at Target on 183 & Peyton Gin. Have seen leftovers at other Targets as well.

Also found VC Mimban Stormtrooper at Walmart (Norwood Park). They have 2 left, & it looks like a few other Walmarts in the area got them in.