Austin, Texas Finds #2

Reaction score
Have the droid two-packs already passed through town? I wanted Corran Horn, but I haven't seen them at all. Looks like they've been spotted up north. Did I completely miss them?

Reaction score
Found them yesterday in MD., so they should certainly be out in your neck of the woods. They were on an encap with other merchandiders containing BAD, Legacy & Evolutions sets.

Reaction score
Our Wal-Marts seem to have redone their SW space, and I don't see any space for new figures. I hope we get them soon. Seems Hasbro is putting out too many lines. I see lots of comic packs, keychains, etc. I wonder if the glut of side lines deters the restocking of regular Legacy and CW figures,

Reaction score
Hung_Solow said:
Our Wal-Marts seem to have redone their SW space, and I don't see any space for new figures. I hope we get them soon. Seems Hasbro is putting out too many lines. I see lots of comic packs, keychains, etc. I wonder if the glut of side lines deters the restocking of regular Legacy and CW figures,
Based off what I have heard from some of the folks who work at the Walmarts around where I live, they are not sure what is going on but they do know that they are told nothing goes on the shelves till there is space...and given that GI JOE and TRANSFORMERS is the big ticket items right now...all the extra space is going to them.

Reaction score
Hey Gang!

If anyone is still looking for the Droid Factory figures there is 1 complete set (plus a few extras of all but darth maul and boba fett) left at the Walmart on the NE corner of I35 and 183 intersection. It's in the clearance section, although they are not on sale. Happy hunting!

Reaction score
Okay, I have a second Cad Bane, if anyone is interested let me know via PM.

Reaction score
I saw the new CW wave with the space Asoka and Anakin. At the San marcos and 35/ 183 Wal-Marts. Not much new at Southpark and Ben White locations. Haven't seen any Cad Banes yet. Looks like him and Denal are short packed. Still keeping any eye out for the WM exclusive CW 2 packs. Sigh...

Reaction score
Yo, dudes. Found two of the BAD WM exclusive 2-packs today (Corran and Maul, I only purchased Corran). This was at the 'Mart on MoPac and 71. I also saw the CW 2-packs (Yoda was the only one I remember).

I did see a space Obi-Wan at the SouthPark Meadows WM a couple days ago, but forgot to note it here. Sorry!

Bane is the only one I want from that wave, but I figure I'll find him eventually, even if he's short-packed.

Reaction score
The Georgetown Walmart had some Cad Bane's and Denal's, along with the rest of that wave, there yesterday.

There were also tons of the 3 new Evolutions packs there.

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up infallible! I went over to the 290/ Mopac location at lunch today. Lots of the CW 2 pack exclusives, and the 2 pilot evolution sets.

Reaction score
Pflugerville Wal-Mart had the Phantom Menace wave around 5 this afternoon. Had all the new stuff except the podracer and Rum Sleg. I snagged everything else. They also had a ton of Droid Factory sets. No Evolutions sets though.

Reaction score
I've been to 5 Wal-Marts around Austin, the Palmer Walmart was the only one that has the Evolutions packs. Still haven't seen TPM wave...guess I missed Pfluegerville.

Reaction score
Forgot to post last night, but yesterday I found the entire Phantom Menace wave at the RR Target (I35 & 45).

There was only one of each, so I got them all (except for the 3 repacks - Biker Scout, Han & Luke Stormtroopers).

Reaction score
By the way, I think Lakeline Walmart still has plenty of the Evolutions sets if anyone needs them.

Reaction score
A week or two ago I found TPM wave at Cameron Road WM (less OWK and Sleg). I have been to all of the WMs, Targets, and the TRU up and down 183 and haven't found anything for weeks.

KBD3

Reaction score
The Buda, TX Wal-Mart just got The Phantom Menace wave but only has a few figures from the early Clone Wars waves and several vehicles.

Reaction score
I found the CW wave with Thire, Unduli. Argyus, and driver droid at the San Marcos WalMart. Looks like they had the Gungan and Queen from the LC too.

Reaction score
Stumbled across the ROTJ wave (except Slave Leia) yesterday at Lakeline Target.

Reaction score
I found Matchstick, Padme, and Assassin Droid at Cameron WM on Monday -- but they have not restocked since.

I have completed all the way through ROTJ via Targets as well.

KBD3

Reaction score
Just realized that I never posted this... I was up by Lakeline last week and found ROTJ at the Lakeline Target. Grabbed a slave Leia and Jedi Luke.

Also, for those interested, my comic store had the new wave of Marvel Universe figures. Tribe Comics and Games on Manchaca right behind the S. Lamar Half Price Books. They had just put them out, though last time I was in, the Vision figure had been purchased.

Reaction score
I found the newest Legacy wave at the WM in San Marcos today. They had a bunch. The only Clone Wars stuff was the Freeco speeder and the Dooku speeder. WM at Southpark had the 2 speeders as well. but haven't got any new figures in ages. Where is all the new Clone Wars figures?

Reaction score
WM at 290/ Mopac has 4 of the exclusive chicken walkers. WM at Ben White/ 35 has 1 too. No new figures... go figure. Seems like Tuesday mornings are restocking days at WM.

Reaction score
Tue and Wed got the entire ANH wave at Cameron WM in Austin. Passed on the repacks (although the Boba Fett is VERY appealing!).

Lakeline WM had the Scout Walker as of Monday.

KBD3

Reaction score
kbd3 said:
I found Matchstick, Padme, and Assassin Droid at Cameron WM on Monday -- but they have not restocked since.

I have completed all the way through ROTJ via Targets as well.

KBD3
Still no resurfacing of the Matchstick wave at all.

KBD3

Reaction score
Wm San Marcos and Buda both have the Legacy Ki Adi Mundi wave. Target San Marcos has CW Cmdr Thire and Driver Droid.

Reaction score
The Target @ Ben White/ Lamar has the exclusive TIE fighters, and both CW Battle Packs [Mace & Plo].

Reaction score
Lakeline and Cedar Park Walmarts have the ANH wave w/Ki Adi Mundi. Both also had the Dewback and AT-ST sets.

Lakeline TRU has the two McQuarrie Concept sets.

Also at the TRU, I noticed that some ********* apparently returned the new TIE Interceptor, after switching out the new TIE Pilot with one of the old POTF TIE Pilots. Made me wonder if he also put an 'older style cockpit' Interceptor inside the box as well. I wish there were collectors that work the Cust. Service desk to catch things like this. People who do this are scum.

Reaction score
Capitol Plaza Target has Abregado and Ryloth BPs and Tie Fighter.

Someone at Lakeline WM returned a figure (can't recall which one) that had swapped out the BAD part with a random battle droid arm. My take on this is: just steal it. For god's sake -- all the trouble it took -- purchasing the figure, taking it home, carefully opening the package, taking out the piece, replacing it, resealing the package, returning it to the store... Seriously, save the environment the trouble and just steal it. Either that or just BUY THE F***ING FIGURE!

WHO DOES THIS?!?! Fellow collectors/thiefs in our town? Egads, that's just creepy.

KBD3

Reaction score
HAHAHAH I love these stories! The pics that get posted are hilarious too. The amount of effort involved in buying the thing, monkeying around with it to make it look passable, then going to the trouble of returning it is just to get $7 back is RIDICULOUS! If you're gonna steal something, steal something big and valuable, not an action figure arm. Cripes.

When I see stuff like this, I damage the package--rip the card or whatever--so that no parent or little kid mistakenly buys it. Who loses in that scenario? Only the store, and it's the store's problem for accepting this often OBVIOUSLY tampered-with merchandise back in the first place.

Reaction score
A productive morning. Finally found the Rishi Moon Outpost Ambush BP at TRU Brodie Oaks. Only the one. They also had the Gelagrub w/ clone. I found one Undulli and Matchstick at Target Greatland on Mopac /290. They didn't have the other figures from those 2 waves.

Reaction score
Looks like several Wal Marts put out the CW Matchstick wave and the Legacy wave with Ki Adi Mundi for Black Friday.

Reaction score
Finally picked up Matchstick, Tank Gunner, and Slave Leia at Parmer HEB this evening. Had a full sidecap at the back of the toy/seasonal aisle.

Reaction score
The Walmart at 620 and 2222 have the Kai Concept wave. They had four Kai's left and three scanner guys.

Reaction score
Scored Rishi Moon and Tank Gunner at WM Lakeline just before Thanksgiving. I am still searching like crazy for a second Tank Gunner and a second Matchstick. I think I'll hit the Parmer HEB on the way home!

KBD3

Reaction score
HEB has BOGOF SW figures until 12/08. 2 for $7.28!!! They had the latest waves at the Congress/Oltorf store. Just checking out one of the little yellow coupons that I used. It says limit 1 coupon per purchase of product. The cashier had to manually enter my coupon. It also says it is an in ad coupon, so I'm wondering if there is a ad that could be used for a price match somewhere else. I need to pick up alot of figs that I previously passed on.