Aurra Sing

Reaction score
I think from the beginning one of the main appeals of SW has been the intriguing side characters. Everyone has their favorite characters that have one line or less. And the franchise has done a great job making diverse cool looking backgrounders.

I agree with this. And I've grown to like Aurra due to her appearances in The Clone Wars and in some other side stories.

This may not be exactly where @LordZeppelin is coming from, but my issue with her was always the feeling that they tried to make her a thing. Like, they had her for a split second in the podrace to draw attention to her. Instead of the cool and intriguing side characters from earlier movies, this felt like a flag being planted to be used later. And my memory of things was that some fans immediately took the bait and got super-obsessed with her...with at least part of it getting turn-of-the-century internet creepy. Maybe my memory is off, as I don't remember seeing that so much as I remember seeing people talking about seeing it. But I do recall hearing that it got to the point where Lucas said "ehh, maybe let's not bring her back to the movies," and we got Zam Wesell at the start of AOTC instead of Sing.

Between the try-hard introduction and the chatter about her afterwards, I soured on her. Like I said, I've grown to like her over time. She's a cool alien and a cool bounty hunter, and I'm excited to have her somewhere in my scum display.

Reaction score
I agree with this. And I've grown to like Aurra due to her appearances in The Clone Wars and in some other side stories.

This may not be exactly where @LordZeppelin is coming from, but my issue with her was always the feeling that they tried to make her a thing. Like, they had her for a split second in the podrace to draw attention to her. Instead of the cool and intriguing side characters from earlier movies, this felt like a flag being planted to be used later. And my memory of things was that some fans immediately took the bait and got super-obsessed with her...with at least part of it getting turn-of-the-century internet creepy. Maybe my memory is off, as I don't remember seeing that so much as I remember seeing people talking about seeing it. But I do recall hearing that it got to the point where Lucas said "ehh, maybe let's not bring her back to the movies," and we got Zam Wesell at the start of AOTC instead of Sing.

Between the try-hard introduction and the chatter about her afterwards, I soured on her. Like I said, I've grown to like her over time. She's a cool alien and a cool bounty hunter, and I'm excited to have her somewhere in my scum display.
I think, Aurra main appeal just comes from the BTS side, as they tried to make her some kind of ST Fett, with her short appearance at the podrace track. If I remember right, she also was titled "Fem Fett" during pre-production.
But for some reason they changed her for Zam and Jango to ultimatly give Boba a back story and ruined his OT myth.
Glad they brought her back in CW and a "still unconfirmed" death mentioned in Solo

Last edited:
Reaction score
Isn't that the way it is, Reeve's was in stock accouple days ago but she wasn't so I waited, now it's the other way around! lol

Reaction score
Mine shipped from Gamestop today but Koska is still a preorder despite ordering her the other day and Sing was yesterday.

Reaction score
The Aurra I ordered from GS yday shipped today. Q9 was supposed to arrive too but fedex kicked it back til tomorrow

Reaction score
Aurra arrived from GS. She’s pretty good and fits well on my wife’s Halloween shelf. The long rifle is awful though. Soft details, bad paint.

Attachments

• 67300C78-7D27-4911-9370-3832C36C0A55.jpeg
    67300C78-7D27-4911-9370-3832C36C0A55.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
Reaction score
She has boot swivel articulation! How many Black Series figures have that?! So cool. It’s beautifully integrated, too.

But I will agree that the rifle is sorely lacking in detail. Aurra herself could use a bit of weathering, and some black fingernail polish, if one wishes to suggest her TPM appearance:

3EE92A17-F026-4E35-8043-4163732E6A36.jpeg

Reaction score
She has boot swivel articulation! How many Black Series figures have that?! So cool. It’s beautifully integrated, too.

But I will agree that the rifle is sorely lacking in detail. Aurra herself could use a bit of weathering, and some black fingernail polish, if one wishes to suggest her TPM appearance:

View attachment 402281
Yeah the boot swivel is cool. It’s a nice touch. I don’t mind that she has the old school neck but I do wish she had butterfly joints. They would be perfectly hidden behind the vest.

Reaction score
I was charged for this, it was delivered today. Neat looking figure but agree that the rifle kind of appears cheap, I think it's the dull gray barrel instead of silver.

I'd be lying if I said that I didn't want whatever vehicle is soaring over her head in the background though!

Reaction score
A note about the headantenna. I am curious, why Hasbro was going for this "thicker" execution ?
I mean we have seen thinner parts before, on both 6 ( Battledroid backpack and Commander antenna, shorter but thinner on BB-8..) and 3.75 figures, especially the small version of her ( the one that came with the lightsaber-trophy case pops instantly into my mind )

I have been considering taking a straight section from a thin paperclip and replacing the antenna (using a metal file to slightly round off the end).

I'm just not sure if the look would be right, and once original antenna is removed reattaching it securely could be problematic.

Reaction score
I used a long push pin for my 3.75" version and it worked nicely, at least it's not warped looking. Only drawback was that it now like to punch through storage baggies.

Reaction score
I used a long push pin for my 3.75" version and it worked nicely, at least it's not warped looking. Only drawback was that it now like to punch through storage baggies.
Great idea.
Maybe find a piece of soft plastic to put on tip to prevent punching thru baggies.

Reaction score
Yeah since the archives no longer show you what's under the SG's it's tough to tell reuse unless you have said figures and do it yourself, it also doesn't appear to be a good match for Aurra until you actually see it done. I wouldn't have though Hold's torso would have worked since it had an attachable piece to it under that SG's robe.

At any rate it's nice that they were able to get some reuse out of an otherwise useless mold that didn't seem to sell very well in the first place. They've got to get their Money back some how, oh wait they already did since it's the retailers who take the loss on that kind of thing...

Reaction score
Aurra Sing

2R7wc8z.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got shipping notice from Hasbropulse yesterday that she had left the building. Normally I would expect delivery in about a week since it normally ships from East Coast (GA). However, I got notice from Fedex that it was being delivered today and it was. Apparently, Hasbro must now have distribution center in Chino, CA. Shipping label has sender as PCA Pulse Chino.

Reaction score
Got my notice from pulse yesterday too. Last week I got a figure from them about 2 days after I got the email, so tomorrow or Friday is what I'm expecting.