Aurra Sing - WalMart Exclusive

GNT

Reaction score
Confirmed at the Hasbro panel at SDCC, looks like Aurra is coming as part of the WalMart exclusive wave in early 2012.

Reaction score
Re: Aurra Sing - 2011

Sounds pretty cool. I'm all for bounty hunters... as long as she doesn't come with a lightsaber

Reaction score

Seriously, George has a fetish for pasty skinned, bald bad girls from the beyond.

Power to those that are, but I've never been interested in Aurra - or Ventress, or Sly Moore, or Leesub..

Reaction score

VintijDroidGutzz said:
Seriously, George has a fetish for pasty skinned, bald bad girls from the beyond.

Power to those that are, but I've never been interested in Aurra - or Ventress, or Sly Moore, or Leesub..
It's not nearly as bad as the Half-naked Twi'Lek chick fetishism.

Reaction score

New Aurra would be cool - never got the POTJ one

Wonder what accessories she'll come with

Reaction score

For a blip on the screen and now a massive amount of EU, she certainly is a compelling looking character, and will hopefully be a compelling looking figure! I like my POTJ version, but will probably get this one, especially if they "knock it out of the park"!

Reaction score

The Clone Wars Aurra does look great and if it is anything like the Clone Wars Ayla they just put out then sign me up!

Reaction score

Another character I don't like. I think she could be some kind of exclusive or something cause on a vintage card this could be a nasty pegwarmer.

Reaction score

Wonder if she'll have the head antenna. The POTJ one didn't.

Remember all the hype that was built up about this character for a while after TPM? That she was going to play a big part in the story, have some major role...then nada. Except in the EU.

Would have been interesting if they used her instead of Zam Wessel in AOTC.

Reaction score

RogueWompRat said:

Remember all the hype that was built up about this character for a while after TPM? That she was going to play a big part in the story, have some major role...then nada. Except in the EU.

Yeah I think that was what they had in mind for her, then changed her to Zam.

Also it will be interesting to see if they have the wierd long fingers, which she doesnt have in TCW or Sideshows PF statue.

Reaction score

I remember being very unimpressed with the original Sing back in the day. Why sculpt one working holster on a character that has two holsters? Lazy! Then there was the gum rifle! V-Crotch horrors, forgotten antenna, easily broken fingers too. Just one lousy figure IMO. So I can't wait to see the new one! SA please!

Reaction score

Looking forward to her. More bounty hunters are never a bad thing.

Reaction score

I'm glad to hear about this one. With her in TCW, it's a safe choice for Hasbro.

GNT

Reaction score

Trooper31 said:
I'm glad to hear about this one. With her in TCW, it's a safe choice for Hasbro.
It's a much needed resculpt, the older figure is way out of date by todays standards so it's great to hear Hasbro has plans for a realistic version.

Reaction score

Agreed. That sculpt is really out-of-date. I'm actually looking forward to this figure.

Reaction score

Blight said:
Another character I don't like. I think she could be some kind of exclusive or something cause on a vintage card this could be a nasty pegwarmer.
Do you account for that high a percentage of the market?

Seriously, this isn't a terrible choice. The old one was OK for it's day, but could stand an update. It allows them to basically put an EU figure in a TPM wave, and, even more importantly, put a character that is recognizable to TCW kids in the realistic line.

Reaction score

I think as long as they do this figure nicely, then it will be a win for them.

Because not only can she be used for TPM but also she is so neat visually that she could be used anywhere in the Star Wars timeline (it helps if you think outside of the box).

Reaction score

RogueWompRat said:
Yes I think they should have done. And used Sabe,and Rabe fore Dorme and Corde. And Panaca fore Thypo which was the plan. And of course Adi-Stass, Eeth-Agen, Deepa-Sar.

Reaction score

RogueWompRat said:

Yeah there was the whole "Femme Fett" rumor craze that there was going to be a little family of Fetts, and "Femme Fett" would just make a cameo in TPM but play a larger role in the other 2 PT episodes.

Seeing as how Zam's career ended as it did I'm glad they didn't go that route. I'm probably going to buy the Clone Wars figure to have till this one comes out.

Jason

Reaction score

This might be one of the few figures in this line I'd go out of my way to get. I neve got the POTJ one either, so if this one is better: I'm cool with it.

Reaction score

I'm psyched for this figure. It's one of the POTJ figures I've been waiting on an update for. The CW fig looks noce so I'm hoping for good things on this version as well.

E...

Reaction score

So she's been confirmed for 2011, but we don't when she will be out right? Early, mid or late 2011? I am sure that they will do a good job based on the what they did with the CW version.

Reaction score

I like this weird and deadly looking bounty hunter. This is one of the few characters from TPM I'd love to see get a good figure. I'll take it.

Reaction score

The POTJ sculpt was great, just had awful articulation. It will be interesting to see how they manage to pull this one off and still keep her tight jumpsuit-covered body look right. I bet the hips will give them trouble, as they did with the last sculpt.

Reaction score

This is awesome news, even if somewhat expected. I just hope they find a way to better execute the antennae.

GNT

Reaction score

Agen_Kolar said:
The POTJ sculpt was great, just had awful articulation. It will be interesting to see how they manage to pull this one off and still keep her tight jumpsuit-covered body look right. I bet the hips will give them trouble, as they did with the last sculpt.
Something along the lines of the animated versions articulation only just a realistic sculpt would be fine.

Reaction score

GNT said:
Agen_Kolar said:
Something along the lines of the animated versions articulation only just a realistic sculpt would be fine.
I forgot about the CW version! I haven't even paid attention to how that one's hips look.

EDIT: I just went and looked in the CW forum. I don't like her hips.

Reaction score

I've got to say, the CW version is a magnificent figure. Barring that oversized antenna, she's pretty passable as a realistic version. Unless they're doing another Wal-Mart Jedi version, this is almost unnecessary.

Reaction score

I kind of hope she is in an "alternate" outfit, like the one in the 2006 Saga Collection. I'd love an Aurra figure, but we just got her TPM outfit in the CW line.

Reaction score

Yay! Happy, happy me! I have always wanted a posable live action Aurra Sing! Definite buy!

Reaction score

How they described her is even more impressive. I think they are finally giving her a case with the lightsabers of the Jedi she has killed... I so can't wait for this figure. I think they are finally going to knock her out of the park. The black outfit figure was good, but it was a black outfit. I think they finally have her this time.

Reaction score

This being a Walmart exclusive wave worries me... Hasbro has done this before with other lines, and they've tended to be hard to find (except for the real stinkers). I have no doubt Ric Olie will stick around, but Aurra's sought after as it is, and Walmart has a bad track record of distributing its exclusive figure waves.

Reaction score

Cool

Looks really cool, I never picked up a movie appearance Aurra (I got the black outfit with the green saber)

Reaction score

matt292 said:
Cool

Looks really cool, I never picked up a movie appearance Aurra (I got the black outfit with the green saber)
When was she in a movie??