ATTENTION VINTAGE SELLERS : READ THIS NOW: AUCTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED!!!

Reaction score
Splitting vintage classifieds into FS and WTB

Chris_Morin said:
Is it time to split the Vintage Classified section? It's really hard wading through all of the WTB ads. A For Sale post could easily get lost in the shuffle. Is it possible to open up the discussion of having a Vintage For Sale section and a Vintage Want to Buy section? It may make life a bit easier and may possibly keep the bumping to a minimum... Comments?
You've got my vote. Would make life easier for both the sellers, the buyers and the wanters...

-Alex

Reaction score
Chris_Morin said:
Is it time to split the Vintage Classified section? It's really hard wading through all of the WTB ads. A For Sale post could easily get lost in the shuffle. Is it possible to open up the discussion of having a Vintage For Sale section and a Vintage Want to Buy section? It may make life a bit easier and may possibly keep the bumping to a minimum... Comments?
In your scenario, where would Trade threads go?

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
In your scenario, where would Trade threads go?

[/QUOTE]

How about its own section too?

Reaction score
I'm all for splitting into
  • For Sale
  • Looking For
  • Trades

As a board member since 2002 and RASSCV from 97, I don't think I've ever seen the classifieds in such a mess with reckless bumping.

-Mike
www.womprat.com

Reaction score
I didn't think the vintage classifieds were all that bad. You want to see a mess of reckless bumping go to the modern classifieds
. You post one item and by the end of the day it's 20 threads down.

Reaction score
CanadianCollector said:
I'm all for splitting into
  • For Sale
  • Looking For
  • Trades

As a board member since 2002 and RASSCV from 97, I don't think I've ever seen the classifieds in such a mess with reckless bumping.

-Mike
www.womprat.com
everything mike said. and please post ONCE. put all of your items into ONE thread per forum. i don't need to see 6 threads for 6 figures.

Reaction score
Maybe 2 years ago I suggested that we split the Classifieds into:

-Buy/Sell
and
-Trade

The Trade section was created and thus a seperation took place, but I believe when the re-organization happened, it was decided that there were not enough WTT posts to warrant it's own Section.

I'm sure a Mod can chime in, but I just thought I would remind everyone that we did have a Trade section at one time, less than 2 yrs ago, and it ended up getting consolidated.

Regards,

Jeff

Reaction score
Absolutely yes. It should have been this way from the beggining. It's a very difficult/tiresome sale thread to browse. Would be infinitely better to split into separate FS/WTB & Trade threads.
Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Reaction score
ummm, what if I just want to know what my items are worth? is that ok?

Reaction score
Thats fine mate. This the wrong section tho. Try the "Vintage:Toys section" - post some basic details of the item along with some Pics and we will be able to value it for you! Liam

Reaction score
Dustin, do you think you could help out with the situation occurring with jedijawas - her name is Britt. Numerous members have paid and it seems like she is having personal issues. Not sure if you could reach out and attempt to contact her to see what is going on. We are all curious and concerned what is going on and would greatly appreciate your assistance.

If you would like to chat on the phone send me a PM and I will give u my cell.

Thanks Dustin

Joe Fagan

Reaction score
hi, ive been a member a while now, year or so but dont use the sight very often, is it possible to do swap deals on here, i have a carded droids R2 Y/85% i had him graded at UKG about a year ago, problem is all my collection is loose graded and it just does not look right ( to big ) so im after a swap deal with a loose U85%, ill go into more detail if this is possible, cheers Garry

Reaction score
I was wondering if I'm allowed to offer non vintage items (or even non Star Wars items) to trade for vintage SW items? I have a few things that could possibly be of interest to someone on the board that I'd be happy to trade off. No random furniture, but collectible or OAK items.

Reaction score
I have seen a few threads where people offer trades of non star wars items for vintage in the classifieds. I would just be specific in your ad though that you want vintage because otherwise members will scratch their heads as to why your posting in the SW section. So for example...say you have some indiana jones stuff...make your thread title...

FT: Vintage Indiana Jones for Vintage SW or something like that.

Reaction score
Mods, am i allowed to trade my body/personal s*xual favours, for Vintage star wars items in the vintage classifieds?
Just wanted to ask and do the right thing before i put a thread up.

cheers

Last edited:
Reaction score
Even beaten up star wars figures are worth something, your body on the other hand ...... :p

Reaction score
Hi Mods, ive noticed a lot of sellers removing their pictures of items from FS threads after they have sold something, is this permitted, id like to see pictures stay up for future reference, ive seen 4 examples of this today from recent threads.

Same goes for sellers deleting the title of the thread and writing SOLD or PLEASE REMOVE, should the title stay up and the sold or please delete be written after it.

I really like to read old FS threads to get an idea of the market, and it doesnt help when pictures are deleted and titles removed.

So please mods could you please clarify this and whether its ok.

cheers n thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Aussie:

I've actually been keeping pics and lists of items sold with prices, but not everyone's as OCD as I am. I think you're asking a lot, especially when it comes to people who have on-going sale threads.

Reaction score
Aussie:

I've actually been keeping pics and lists of items sold with prices, but not everyone's as OCD as I am. I think you're asking a lot, especially when it comes to people who have on-going sale threads.
Thanks Boba, understand mate, and point taken, i just thought it was a rule pics must be left up for future reference, i must be wrong, the threads ive seen arnt on going sales threads, i just find the for sale threads such great reference threads, cheers

Reaction score
Yes I am one who removes pics after it has been sold. It makes it much easier for everyone in my opinion. Less clutter and not a bunch of stuff that is already sold still pictured.

Todd

Reaction score
Removing pics isn't a problem for me, it is sellers that remove the prices for items that have sold.

I'm not the hardcore expert collector like most here, so I like to see what certain vintage items are selling for.

Reaction score
Hi all.

Newbie here. Been on RPF for a while.

For clarification, I understand no auctioning on here but are links to Ebay auctions allowed?

I know this has been asked but I have not found it yet.

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi all.

Newbie here. Been on RPF for a while.

For clarification, I understand no auctioning on here but are links to Ebay auctions allowed?

I know this has been asked but I have not found it yet.

Thanks

Welcome to the forums! You aren't allowed to post links to any active auctions, yours or otherwise, unless there's an issue that the item is a fake and is not listed as such in the item description. Hope this helps and take care!

James

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! You aren't allowed to post links to any active auctions, yours or otherwise, unless there's an issue that the item is a fake and is not listed as such in the item description. Hope this helps and take care!

James

Thanks for the clarification. That's really too bad though. Unlike props where it's easy to determine value I just have no clue what my toys are gonna be worth so Ebay will be the best bet. I have a huge collection I am about to start selling in the next few months and figured this would be the place to list it. Oh well.

Reaction score
Has there been any movement on this? I'm new too and was advised to come here to sell my unwanted Star Wars figurines. I have no idea on value other than checking ebay and random googling. I'd rather they go to a collector than someone thats just making profit off me.

Feel free to PM me to discuss what I've got and prices, I've got a Yak Face, Darth Vadar with red extending sabre and two Anakins (plus much more).

Reaction score
Has there been any movement on this? I'm new too and was advised to come here to sell my unwanted Star Wars figurines. I have no idea on value other than checking ebay and random googling. I'd rather they go to a collector than someone thats just making profit off me.

Feel free to PM me to discuss what I've got and prices, I've got a Yak Face, Darth Vadar with red extending sabre and two Anakins (plus much more).
Can you post pics?

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
Just a reminder to sellers here, if you are selling here on RS you most post a price and stick to it. You can not ask for better prices because others are interested, that is the same as an auction.

Mike

Reaction score
I apologize if this listing is a violation of the rules. If it is please let me know and I will remove it. I just wanted to make our members aware of the large collection I am going to depart with. My entire Master Replicas line is being listed on Ebay. I need to clear it out. Revenge of the Sith all five LE lightsabers, 28 (Twenty eight) .45 scale lighsabers and my FX lightsaber collection will be listed last. I will then list all of my autographed figures and Celebration exclusives. Thanks for looking everyone. Ebay username is hallnh.