AT-TE v2

Reaction score
Nice paintjob.
I've been considering painting mine up a little to match the plainer AOTC design, and since I've got 2, I would still have one in CW colours. Doubt I could weather it as good as that though!

Reaction score
I love a good weathering job on a ship. It just brings them to life. That AT-TE looks great.

Reaction score
Recently picked up one of these guys loose. It didn't include instructions, so I was wondering; the legs and feet have markings such as RL, MR and obviously it indicates 'rear left' or 'middle right' etc. But which side is considered left/right on the AT-TE? I guessed that if you were looking at the AT-TE from the rear, left and right would be determined from that position (so if you're looking at the AT-TE from the front, the walker's left side would be on your right). I think I've got it from looking at the pictures in the thread and the Rebel Scum gallery, but if someone could check for me I'd appreciate it.

Mine came with grey pegs on the legs, rather than the clear ones on the replacement legs, but everything seems to be holding up very well. The front feet can come off fairly easily if I try to take them off, but I've had the walker up for two days now and nothing has fallen off on its own and I can mess with it without anything coming off either. Absolutely loving this vehicle, it looks amazing, the gimmicks are fun and it's way more to scale than I'd expected!

Reaction score
Before I got the replacement legs I did this:

"The quick detach legs can easily be fixed with just 1 standard pencil. Take a pencil and cut 12 pieces of it the same length as the eraser. I used a hack saw to cut the pencil. Put one of the cut pieces into each shoulder and elbo joint on the legs. You put the pencil piece right in the middle of the 4-prong claw connector. Snap the leg parts back together."

Reaction score
Before I got the replacement legs I did this:

"The quick detach legs can easily be fixed with just 1 standard pencil. Take a pencil and cut 12 pieces of it the same length as the eraser. I used a hack saw to cut the pencil. Put one of the cut pieces into each shoulder and elbo joint on the legs. You put the pencil piece right in the middle of the 4-prong claw connector. Snap the leg parts back together."
Thanks for the tip, OdinsDad. This sounds similar to using the 3/16" tubing fix that I read a bit about in this thread, but using a pencil would save me a trip to the store, haha. That being said, my AT-TE is still holding up nicely a week later with no legs falling off or anything. I did find that I may have gotten the left and right sides of the AT-TE reversed, but all the galleries of the walker I've seen have the legs put on the same way I have and I've also read that the legs stick a bit better this way (which may be why I haven't had any problems). So I think I'll leave 'em as is.

Having so much fun with this vehicle, I love the light and sound effects on the main gun, and this morning I just discovered the button on the back of the gunner's seat which activates the coaxial laser. So cool!

Reaction score
I'm late to the party but I finally managed to get one. I really regret not getting this when it came out but the Ebay prices were too high. I managed to actually just win one on Ebay for $55. It's missing all the missiles though, but at $55 and it was in Canada as well so I save on import fees. Hoping to one day manage to find all the missiles. The stickers are all on the wrong place unfortunately, but found a set of replacement ones from someone in Europe. Can't wait till it arrives.

Reaction score
Cool. The AT-TE is a pretty awesome toy. Just don't be surprised if the legs pop off easier than you'd expect. They just do that.

Reaction score
I'm late to the party but I finally managed to get one. I really regret not getting this when it came out but the Ebay prices were too high. I managed to actually just win one on Ebay for $55. It's missing all the missiles though, but at $55 and it was in Canada as well so I save on import fees. Hoping to one day manage to find all the missiles. The stickers are all on the wrong place unfortunately, but found a set of replacement ones from someone in Europe. Can't wait till it arrives.
Congrats on the good deal. It shouldn't be hard to find the missiles. Looks like a few sellers on eBay are parting out AT-TE's like they do with the Legacy Falcon.

I remember buying the AT-TE new back in 2008 and ended up selling it on here in 2013 or 2014. A couple nights ago I was hit with that crappy feeling when you regret selling something and want it back. :'( I'm going to be scanning eBay for one, but should anyone here decided to sell one please keep me in mind.

Reaction score
Hasbro made replacement legs that stayed connected to the body better. If you contact them, and give them the code on the bottom of the body, they may send you replacement legs for free. I bought 2 used for good deals and Hasbro sent me replacement legs at no charge.

So it arrived today. It can't really hold it's weight. Gonna have to do the joint mods on it.

Reaction score
I just realized today after 3 weeks of owning this thing that it actually still works. I didn't realize there was an on/off switch behind the top gunner seat. Turned it on and it actually works. Didn't realize how loud it was though but it's really cool.

Reaction score
It's worth a try. They probably till have some sitting around. The new legs stay on way better than the old ones. The old ones would fall off if you breathed on them.

Another thing you could try is to cut off short segments of a bic pen and shove it into the middle of the prongs that stick out of the legs that clip into the body. That helps the clip part stay pressed out into the hole in the body so they won't fall off so easily.

I was thinking of that, but just think it might be too late by now. I mean this came out in 2008 I think. Guess it doesn't hurt to try.

Reaction score
It was also solved by trimming a short piece clear plastic hose like the kind use for fish tanks and placing that inside the tabs to provide a tighter fit.

Reaction score
I had two sealed AT-TEs I purchased at retail back then. I had also ordered one set of replacement legs from Hasbro in between the time I bought the first and second AT-TE. The first one has a day stamp of 133 and the second one a day stamp of 228 (so 3 months later). I opened them both tonight.

On the 133 one, the leg parts were practically falling out of the sockets as I took them out. All but one popped out of their sockets very easily, allowing me to replace them with Hasbro's replacement legs. Hasbro's legs have the clear plugs, while the included legs had gray plugs. Hasbro's leg parts required a lot more force to plug in than it took to remove the included leg parts.

On the 228 one, the leg plugs were also gray. However there was no looseness on them, no instant falling apart as I unboxed them. Trying to pull them apart, they offered no easy give. Even though they have gray plugs, they seem to hold their position and rotate just as tightly as the clear-plugged Hasbro replacement legs. I put the exposed gray plugs side-by-side with the "bad" gray plugs from the earlier AT-TE, and visually they look impossible to tell apart in both color, shape and position. The clear plugs on Hasbro's legs look not only different in color but the plugs look to be "opened up" wider.

Does anyone know if the AT-TEs ever shipped with the clear-plug legs, or are these legitimately improved legs in the later shipments that still had gray-colored plugs?

The 228 box also included a Clone Wars catalog the earlier one didn't have and it extra piece of paper with an "addendum" to the instructions that mentioned three bits of advice, including a recommendation to keep the AT-TE posed with all feet flat on the ground and an explanation of how to rotate the legs to "lock" them in place if they fall apart "during play."

It sure was difficult putting the decals on, with so many of the interior locations hard to access without holding the ship in one hand and with the front cockpit panels that need stickers put on them largely blocked from easy access by the control levers.