AT-TE v2

Reaction score
Re: AT-TE v6

Hi everyone... long time lurker. I think the last time I posted anything was in 2002. Anyway, I ordered one of the 14.99 AT-TEs the other day and just got shipping confirmation.

It doesn't look like TRU is going to back out of the deal!

Reaction score

Hey guys, this has probably already been gone over but I can't be expected to look back through all these pages for the answer:

how do you tell if you got the new legs or old crappy ones? I havnt opened/assembled mine yet(it's an Xmas gift) but I want to take a look and determine if I need to get the new legs from Hasbro so they can be ready by gift day.

Reaction score

The new legs have transparent pegs which are sturdy. The old ones were grey I believe and sent the vehicle crashing down in an instant. If the legs hold, you won't need replacements.

Reaction score

luck dog! hope it goes back down to 50 again soon, i really wanna buy it back before its too late and i dont got any money :p

Reaction score

The_Collector said:
I counted 102 of these at a local TRU yesterday. I'm sensing some sort of Black Friday special.
pic? that's really hard to imagine for me. Never seen more than 20-25 at any given store

Reaction score

bikerscout said:
The_Collector said:
I counted 102 of these at a local TRU yesterday. I'm sensing some sort of Black Friday special.
pic? that's really hard to imagine for me. Never seen more than 20-25 at any given store

There is 72 of them between the two above photos. They actually took a column of them down since the other day. In addition to those above they had about 16-20 of them in the Star Wars aisle (on the shelf, above the shelf, stacked on the floor) when I stopped by this evening.

Reaction score

Now, that's a lot of AT-TEs. I am going to have to check my local Toys R Us. I would love to get another one of these on Black Friday.

Reaction score

The_Collector said:
Black Friday ad has them for 49.99

Reaction score

The_Collector said:
bikerscout said:
The_Collector said:

There is 72 of them between the two above photos. They actually took a column of them down since the other day. In addition to those above they had about 16-20 of them in the Star Wars aisle (on the shelf, above the shelf, stacked on the floor) when I stopped by this evening.
holy s&%t that's a lot!!! Is this store the main store for IN????

Reaction score

Man... how awesome would it be if someone opens all of them and set up a diorama? It would be so cool.

Reaction score
Re: Black Friday at TRU

Star_Tours said:
Should I just stop at two At-Te's and buy a TT?
well, id say you should get TT and try it out.. you may just end up stop getting at-te's and get more tanks

seriously, the TT is more fun as a toy. a lot of thought went into putting more play features into it than the at-te.

Reaction score

Warsaw_Wonder said:
Is there a 2 for $9.99 sale on SW & CW figures at Toys R Us this Sunday (11/22)???
Doubt it as they are having a 2 for $11.99 sale this friday (after 3PM) and all day saturday (11/20 & 11/21).

Reaction score

They've had the ATTE on sale for $50 at TRU several times already. What kind of Black Friday sale is that, when it's the same sale price as before? I was expecting 30 or 40 bucks. My TRU is also stacked up and ready to go for something...

Reaction score

That price was just a hook to get folks in the door. TRU took all the sale prices off the other SW items. I also saw 0 new inventory. Very lame TRU!!!

Reaction score

I had a $5 TRU rewards coupon so I used that plus clone cash towards an AT-TE at TRU this morning.

Reaction score

Hung_Solow said:
That price was just a hook to get folks in the door. TRU took all the sale prices off the other SW items. I also saw 0 new inventory. Very lame TRU!!!
That's the way they do it.

Reaction score

Is Hasbro still offering to replace the legs if you have an original AT-TE? I never got around to it last Spring, but I still have the box and all the info on it.

(Actually I couldn't find where to request the legs).

Also, do they charge for the leg replacement?

Reaction score

Well damn. The homebrew solution was tubing, right? What about the lower joints, are there any problems with those?

Reaction score

Hey Capt. Kulas, my rear legs are also loose now at the rotating joint. On my recently posted pics, you may notice the rear legs are turned inward and not outward. My AT-TE has fallen several times at the back prior to this. Bloody Hasbro never got back to me about replacing my legs over email. I'm going to have to ask the local distributor to get me the replacement legs.

Reaction score

hey bro, let me know if you can get a deal out of the local distributors for the replacement legs, ill join you on that

..re a quick fix: i use tox/anchor(for screws) on the middle legs of my at-te. same principle as the tubes, pencils, whathavenot. you just have to look for the right tox size.

Reaction score

How do you go about ordering replacement legs? I can't touch my AT-TE with out one or both of the center legs popping off and when they are attached one of the front legs doesn't even touch the ground, when I adjust that leg the leg can't support the wait of the front end and it ratchets itself back up again, making my AT-TE always lower at the front then the back.

Can we even get replacement legs in Australia?

Reaction score

capt_kulas said:
hey bro, let me know if you can get a deal out of the local distributors for the replacement legs, ill join you on that

..re a quick fix: i use tox/anchor(for screws) on the middle legs of my at-te. same principle as the tubes, pencils, whathavenot. you just have to look for the right tox size.
I'll ask Babes (toy store lady to all non-Flips, I know the name sounds funny) when I visit her store. Or I'll try to catch her on the phone. Getting the Hasbro distributor through SM/ TRU would be be impossible -they don't know (poo) about customer service, and finding someone who would know the Hasbro guy would take all day.

Reaction score

CC2287Beejay said:
How do you go about ordering replacement legs? I can't touch my AT-TE with out one or both of the center legs popping off and when they are attached one of the front legs doesn't even touch the ground, when I adjust that leg the leg can't support the wait of the front end and it ratchets itself back up again, making my AT-TE always lower at the front then the back.

Can we even get replacement legs in Australia?
I have yet to see anyone in Australia get any. Are you fine with having the legs static with no articulation? If so I recommend taking your legs of the vehicle, make them so each opposite leg (eg, front left and right) is exactly the same, and then super-super glue them in place. However make sure you find the perfect conbination between every set of legs, so that all legs touch the ground. I personally got my AT-TE to be perfectly simetrical, with every leg on the ground (see one of my posts above to see the measurements). I think you'll find your front end will always be slightly lower then the back (mine dips by 1 cm). Using this technique you can play with the AT-TE (opening the compartments, posing troopers), however you will not be able to pose the legs. Personally mine has not moved from the original dementions I started with.

Reaction score

bongjuan said:
capt_kulas said:

I'll ask Babes (toy store lady to all non-Flips, I know the name sounds funny) when I visit her store. Or I'll try to catch her on the phone. Getting the Hasbro distributor through SM/ TRU would be be impossible -they don't know (poo) about customer service, and finding someone who would know the Hasbro guy would take all day.
tita (auntie) babes! that's my fave local hobby shop.. count me in on that mission on yours bro

Reaction score

People with loose AT-TE legs... go get some flexible tubing from a local hardware shop (I used Lowes here in the US). On the plumbing materials aisle they have flexible tubing of various sizes/diameters. Buy some (you only need a few inches). Insert the tub into each leg joint and snip it flush. The tubing forces the prongs on the legs to stay sturdy and tight inside the plug end.

This was an original fix that someone identified almost immediately. I used it for three AT-TE's and never even bothered trying to get the replacement legs. It worked great.

I can't recall what size tubing I bought (it's been 18 months or so). Just take a leg with you when you go to the store and buy the one that fits.

Reaction score

My AT-TE dips considerably more then 1cm...it looks like it's been shot and is gonna do a nosedive right into the dirt.

With the piping in place can you still move those joints? I may try this, but I'm still hoping to get replacement legs then I can use the old ones for wreckage on my battlefield

Reaction score

CC2287Beejay said:
My AT-TE dips considerably more then 1cm...it looks like it's been shot and is gonna do a nosedive right into the dirt.

With the piping in place can you still move those joints? I may try this, but I'm still hoping to get replacement legs then I can use the old ones for wreckage on my battlefield
Yes the piping does allow for movement.

Reaction score

hey anyone out there um would the newer at-tes have the proper legs taht dont need the clear stuff for them to stay on?

Reaction score

SoonerSean said:
People with loose AT-TE legs... go get some flexible tubing from a local hardware shop (I used Lowes here in the US). On the plumbing materials aisle they have flexible tubing of various sizes/diameters. Buy some (you only need a few inches). Insert the tub into each leg joint and snip it flush. The tubing forces the prongs on the legs to stay sturdy and tight inside the plug end.

This was an original fix that someone identified almost immediately. I used it for three AT-TE's and never even bothered trying to get the replacement legs. It worked great.

I can't recall what size tubing I bought (it's been 18 months or so). Just take a leg with you when you go to the store and buy the one that fits.
yes it works. think its 5/8ths tubing. can get it at home depot, lowe etc.