AT-TE v2

Reaction score
Did anyone else read this on the main page of the Scum? Hopefully Hasbro makes the AT-TE and not one that's like the Sith Infiltrator, small and not to scale.

Reaction score
Re: AT-TE Better Be In The Works!!!

No matter how big or small, it's the same play value, So I'd say maybe in a 35$ line? It's a good line to make. Not too big, not to small considering it's got considerable screentime in the Clone Wars, and there really can't be much play features apart from few cannons, it's just another hunk of plastic - So I'd wish they would put the play feature into simple cannons and just spend more money in the vehicle itself for a nice 35$ scale, maybe a 50 scale for a bigger and more detailed one but with a pilot? I don't feel like spending 50$ on a vehicle for my clone when I know I'm going to need a dozen of these

Reaction score

I'm sure we're going to see this next year or early 2009. Hasbro would love to do this, they just a weekly show where kids and parents see this thing and know what it is.

As for scale I'm not so worried about that as long as it has a few places for clones to sit and some decent play features, it should be fine.

I hope the price range is about what the gunship was originally $40, but $50 would be ok too, but with a pilot then.

Reaction score

I'm actually hoping it is not to scale, so they can retool a gunship and make it into a AT-TE lander, as seen in AOTC. Either way i'll buy this, I got a soft spot for clones
and they need more things to ride around in.

Reaction score

ShadowFXD said:
I'm actually hoping it is not to scale, so they can retool a gunship and make it into a AT-TE lander, as seen in AOTC. Either way i'll buy this, I got a soft spot for clones
That would be difficult to do, but if they could pull it off, it would be sweet.

Reaction score

ShadowFXD said:
Not to scale? Don't worry. I am sure it will be a lot smaller, (hopefully not small enough that a gunship could be re-tooled into a dropship, though). The LAAT Dropships are a lot larger than the average Gunships.

Reaction score

I hope they do this, but I'd be shocked if it was sold for less than $60. Even then it will be underscaled.

Reaction score

CaptainJack said:
I hope they do this, but I'd be shocked if it was sold for less than $60. Even then it will be underscaled.
I'd pay $60 for one. Big ships are awesome.

Reaction score

big_bad_bantha said:
CaptainJack said:
I'd pay $60 for one. Big ships are awesome.
I would pay $60-$80 if it were decent in size. I am worried that it will be a mini-rig, like the Infiltrator. The new AT-PT is bordering on that line of being underscaled.

Reaction score

It would be neat if they did a special super version of this that came with a republic gunship that could hold it and drop it off in battle. It would be a much better hundred dollars spent then the AT-AT walker over at TRU.

Reaction score

I miss the early 1980's, some of the best toys and vechicles ever produced for pretty affordable prices and good chance of seeing them on the selves.

Reaction score

Vorax said:
I miss the early 1980's, some of the best toys and vechicles ever produced for pretty affordable prices and good chance of seeing them on the selves.
Same here. The Vintage Line tottally ruled. My friend Toyman made a good point to me...he said Hasbro would probably never make another big ship like Amidalas Starship again because they take up valuable space on the shelves. Makes sense to me. Hope he's wrong, though.

Reaction score

Make it the size of an AT-AT and i'll buy at least one. If it's unable to fit at leat 6-8 clones and a pilot, i'll certainly pass.

Reaction score

Hasbro rep told me to save for vehicles next year. So, if that means anything...

Reaction score

Nactous said:
Hasbro rep told me to save for vehicles next year. So, if that means anything...
Whoa! Maybe the AT-TE will be bigger than we think then.

Reaction score

I'd gladly pay $100 for a well done AT-TE. It would just look so cool leading my clones into battle. I can wait until next year for it. The AT-AP will hold me over until then.

Reaction score

JediMisfit138 said:
I'd gladly pay $100 for a well done AT-TE. It would just look so cool leading my clones into battle. I can wait until next year for it. The AT-AP will hold me over until then.
Yep, a full sized AT-TE with some AT-AP's and AT-RT's would make for a pretty badd [censored] diorama.

Reaction score

big_bad_bantha said:
My friend Toyman made a good point to me...he said Hasbro would probably never make another big ship like Amidalas Starship again because they take up valuable space on the shelves. Makes sense to me. Hope he's wrong, though.
He will be! It's a different time now! Hasbro picked the wrong movie and the wrong ship to bring out! I mean it's not an action oriented vehicle, it's no Falcon!! The AT TE would be perfect, I bet plenty of play features, and it would serve to carry the runaway hit from ROTS, the Clones!!

Tell your friend I bet him 5 bucks that either the AT-TE or the Turbo Tank will make an appearance, and it won't be in the crappy 20.00 range either!!!

Reaction score

Just make it to where it can hold a bunch of clones.

Reaction score

I really don't see whats so great about this vehicle. It looks really lame, kinda like a bug. Smaller starfighter ships shoud be Hasbro's main thing. Y-Wings, X-Wings, AT-AT's, Republic Gunships, Arc 170s, Tie Fighters, HELL the Falcon are all great, classic ships. This, this is just, crude. Not even worthy of a design. I want to know where all this hype started, I know and hope this vehicle will fail miserably at retail if Hasbro decides to go with "our" idea. Kids won't want it, and I know retail will pull their hair out. Hasbro was wise not to feed into our BS, but now I'm afraid that they will make the mistake. This thing is going to be a flop.

Reaction score

Clone in the gunner station, clone pilot, open side or rear compartment to seat more clones, maybe a couple other features, and legs with AT-AT-style locking joints. Could be very cool, even if it will be undersized (as most vehicles must be, from the Falcon to Slave I to the Queen's Starship to the Sith Infiltrator to... hey, the AT-AT!)

AT-AP's in the $20 line, so there's no way the AT-TE would be.

As for the comment to 'save for vehicles next year', that doesn't necessarily mean the AT-TE will be a massive expensive vehicle, it could just mean that there'll be PLENTY of vehicles in the line, both from the films and the cartoon. Scaled snowspeeder, AT-AP, Grievous' starfighter, AT-TE, maybe Anakin's ship from the trailer (since his old one was destroyed in the old cartoon, remember), the Torrent starfighters, CIS tanks and such... LOTS of possibilities (movie-deco $20 TIE Interceptor, please? I'll be grabbing the 181st, but I know many would like the movie-deco of the coolest TIE fighter design ever for a non-exclusive price!)

AT-TE will probably show up next year. Maybe late in the year, in time for the holidays.

Reaction score

If they took the upcoming at-pt and took the cockpit and made it into the front section and back section (with a little retooling), that would be about the perfect size for an at-te. Two pilots in the front section, two pilots in the rear section, and add a center section to hold a total of 4 more troops and that would make most of us happy.

Here is a picture to better demonstrate this. Just imagine the picture mirrored to have 2 sections facing away from each other, and then add the center section. You could even keep the same legs. Since the at-pt will probably be in the $20-$30 range, just double this amount for the price of the at-te.

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
Clone in the gunner station, clone pilot, open side or rear compartment to seat more clones, maybe a couple other features, and legs with AT-AT-style locking joints. Could be very cool, even if it will be undersized (as most vehicles must be, from the Falcon to Slave I to the Queen's Starship to the Sith Infiltrator to... hey, the AT-AT!)

As for the comment to 'save for vehicles next year', that doesn't necessarily mean the AT-TE will be a massive expensive vehicle, it could just mean that there'll be PLENTY of vehicles in the line, both from the films and the cartoon. Scaled snowspeeder, AT-AP, Grievous' starfighter, AT-TE, maybe Anakin's ship from the trailer (since his old one was destroyed in the old cartoon, remember), the Torrent starfighters, CIS tanks and such... LOTS of possibilities (movie-deco $20 TIE Interceptor, please? I'll be grabbing the 181st, but I know many would like the movie-deco of the coolest TIE fighter design ever for a non-exclusive price!)

AT-TE will probably show up next year. Maybe late in the year, in time for the holidays.
It would look really nice under my Christmas tree, and hopefully we'll have a hard time making it fit!

Reaction score

That's the AT-AP... Hasbro goofed on the name on the slide
It shouldn't be more than $20 (or $25, at TRU... ugh) since it's in the "Starfighter" category. While the size you suggest would work well (though a middle section would be insubstantial for troop-carrying as it's basically just flexible stuff to support the large middle legs & connect the front & back sections), they'd be better off with new tooling.. the pilot cockpit of the AT-TE is quite a bit different & distinctive, and the main cannon up top would need to be longer in the seat/housing area, and the cannon barrel itself longer too (like, add the long gun on the body of the AT-AP to the top chair's cannon, that'd be close).

It's feasible, and possibly even cheap if they use the AT-AP's 3rd leg as the mold for the front & back pairs of legs on the TE. At a glance, they look pretty darn close if not actually identical.

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
That's the AT-AP... Hasbro goofed on the name on the slide
It shouldn't be more than $20 (or $25, at TRU... ugh) since it's in the "Starfighter" category. While the size you suggest would work well (though a middle section would be insubstantial for troop-carrying as it's basically just flexible stuff to support the large middle legs & connect the front & back sections), they'd be better off with new tooling.. the pilot cockpit of the AT-TE is quite a bit different & distinctive, and the main cannon up top would need to be longer in the seat/housing area, and the cannon barrel itself longer too (like, add the long gun on the body of the AT-AP to the top chair's cannon, that'd be close).

It's feasible, and possibly even cheap if they use the AT-AP's 3rd leg as the mold for the front & back pairs of legs on the TE. At a glance, they look pretty darn close if not actually identical.
Hopefully someone from Hasbro reads what you just wrote, Toonimator, and builds the AT-TE just like you described.

Reaction score

Lady_Jaye said:
big_bad_bantha said:
My friend Toyman made a good point to me...he said Hasbro would probably never make another big ship like Amidalas Starship again because they take up valuable space on the shelves. Makes sense to me. Hope he's wrong, though.
He will be! It's a different time now! Hasbro picked the wrong movie and the wrong ship to bring out! I mean it's not an action oriented vehicle, it's no Falcon!! The AT TE would be perfect, I bet plenty of play features, and it would serve to carry the runaway hit from ROTS, the Clones!!

Tell your friend I bet him 5 bucks that either the AT-TE or the Turbo Tank will make an appearance, and it won't be in the crappy 20.00 range either!!!
Hey BBB, I never said that they wouldn't make any big ships again, just that they would probably never make one in the $100 range for a mass release like the Queen's Starship was. I forsee a large Clone Wars vehicle assortment on top of the already existing starship assortment that will contain a repaint gunship, a repaint ARC-170, an AT-TE, and a Turbo Tank. The latter two will most certainly be "out of scale", but will be in a price point range of $30-$40 that will make the retailers happy. Considering the size of the box that the gunship and the ARC-170 came in, I think Hasbro could pull off a pretty nice looking AT-TE and Turbo Tank (with a little bit of "some assembly required" of course). We are just kidding ourselves if we actually think that Hasbro will produce the $100 giant sized Turbo Tank that everyone seems to want.

Reaction score

To get a really cool and workable AT-TE it would need to be in the $80 price range otherwise don't bother Hasbro! it should also be at least 3 times bigger then that AT-AP with blaster sounds, and motorized.

Reaction score

Masterfett said:
To get a really cool and workable AT-TE it would need to be in the $80 price range otherwise don't bother Hasbro! it should also be at least 3 times bigger then that AT-AP with blaster sounds, and motorized.
god no, not motorized. The At-rt sucked

Reaction score

If a small company like Zizzle can make a $50-60 3ft long Black Pearl Hasbro can do the same. In fact Zizzle used really thick good plastic, so if Hasbro sticks to the plastic they use which appears cheaper they can do it.

To the person who said it was rubbish, when and why did people want it, The answer is as soon as we all saw it in AOTC's and it's the AT AT of it's time!

Reaction score

It's not a bad vehicle I guess but I'd prefer a resculped y-wing still.

Reaction score

Y would you want a rescuplt of a vehicle we already have that is perfectly good over an all new vehicle???

Reaction score

Toonimator said:

No, I specificly asked "in the 50 doller range" and he said higher. He told me there would be some 20, some forty, and some a lot more.

Reaction score

Paulskywalker said:
If a small company like Zizzle can make a $50-60 3ft long Black Pearl Hasbro can do the same. In fact Zizzle used really thick good plastic, so if Hasbro sticks to the plastic they use which appears cheaper they can do it.
Dont try to use that as a comparison-- because those all went to clerance around me and didnt sell the first time through (now they are repacking it in a new box and not selling again).

THe AT-TE would be awesome-- but if it isnt released around christmas time (when parents are willing to splurge on a major toy item)- it might be doomed-(or at least doom any other large toys).

Look at the AT-AT -- parents were paying upwards of 250 bucks for that at christmas -and now every TRU has at least 20 of them sitting around for 2/3 of that price. And to the retailers side the big vehicles do take up alot of space- especially when they don't sell.

Not to be all negative-- the AT-TE is my most wanted item-- but there is always a large amount of truth in what hasbro has been saying-- but please for the love of all-- get me a clone vehicle before another damn falcon-- resized or otherwise.. stores couldnt get rid of those when they were marked down to 10 bucks-- and they are still scattered at several TRUs around me. Iconic as it is-- enough already.

Reaction score

CommanderDiFabio said:
I really don't see whats so great about this vehicle. It looks really lame, kinda like a bug. Smaller starfighter ships shoud be Hasbro's main thing. Y-Wings, X-Wings, AT-AT's, Republic Gunships, Arc 170s, Tie Fighters, HELL the Falcon are all great, classic ships. This, this is just, crude. Not even worthy of a design. I want to know where all this hype started, I know and hope this vehicle will fail miserably at retail if Hasbro decides to go with "our" idea. Kids won't want it, and I know retail will pull their hair out. Hasbro was wise not to feed into our BS, but now I'm afraid that they will make the mistake. This thing is going to be a flop.
Geez, way to pee in the punch there.

I'd love an AT-TE, my only issue would be space.

Reaction score

Okay, so a $60-80 AT-TE (any higher may be financial suicide, unless it's an exclusive... but even the AT-AT is shelfwarming, especially with the 2007 $10 increase)

The AT-TE could be about the length of the AT-AT, but it's shorter. More legs, but no fancy head tooling, just a simple swivel cannon chair & some Gunship-like swivel cannons on the body, maybe some firing 'missiles'. While blaster sounds would be cool, I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if there were any electronics.

I'll also 2nd the notion that it should absolutely NOT be motorized. The AT-RT thrilled me when I first heard of it, but after getting one for my g/f's son I realized that it wasn't all that great. I'd much rather have an AT-RT with taller jointed legs (locking joints, ala AT-AT, so you can pose 'em and they'll stay like that) with better detailing & weathering and the little 'gun holders' at the back. A motorized AT-TE would jack the cost up a lot, I'd think, and would mean the legs would be cheap & unjointed, meaning it's stuck in the same pose except while the motor makes it walk. Besides, un-motorized, it'll be possible to have the some flexibility in the middle so you can pose it like it's turning or shifting to get a better shot, like when you drive one in Battlefront .

Reaction score

stewbacca said:
Paulskywalker said:
Dont try to use that as a comparison-- because those all went to clerance around me and didnt sell the first time through (now they are repacking it in a new box and not selling again).

THe AT-TE would be awesome-- but if it isnt released around christmas time (when parents are willing to splurge on a major toy item)- it might be doomed-(or at least doom any other large toys).

Look at the AT-AT -- parents were paying upwards of 250 bucks for that at christmas -and now every TRU has at least 20 of them sitting around for 2/3 of that price. And to the retailers side the big vehicles do take up alot of space- especially when they don't sell.

Not to be all negative-- the AT-TE is my most wanted item-- but there is always a large amount of truth in what hasbro has been saying-- but please for the love of all-- get me a clone vehicle before another damn falcon-- resized or otherwise.. stores couldnt get rid of those when they were marked down to 10 bucks-- and they are still scattered at several TRUs around me. Iconic as it is-- enough already.
It might be your area of the globe, they went off the shelves here no problem and plus i got one for my collection it's amazing. Loads of SW fans i know bought one.

Plus the AT AT i thought sold well, must of if Hasbro is thinking of another large vehicle. The stores seem to be getting back into large items, the shelves are full of them plus i think kids have gotten back into toys lately.

Reaction score

I'm a little worried because the AT-ATs sold big around Christmas time. Toys R Us couldn't keep them on the shelves then. But now every TRU I go to has about 6-10 of them stacked up and gathering dust. $100 is too much to ask when it's not the holidays.

Reaction score

RolandofGilead said:
I'm a little worried because the AT-ATs sold big around Christmas time. Toys R Us couldn't keep them on the shelves then. But now every TRU I go to has about 6-10 of them stacked up and gathering dust. $100 is too much to ask when it's not the holidays.
Plus, a lot of people already have At-At's.

Reaction score

I do think the problem lies more with Hasbro over producing and the obsession with units.

Lots of people have tried hard to change Hasbro's minds on this ignoring there fear of taking a chance making things for 3 3/4in, there lame excuses and there other obsession on wasting money on experiments like choppers! and now there seems to be a u-turn from a lot of people now there is a possibilty of it happening, which doesn't help things.

Reaction score

CommanderDiFabio said:
Don't you have a redundant thread to start somewhere???
Please this is a great vehicle, and along with the Turbo Tank is sorely needed!! Kids that still play with figures will go nuts over it!! Much better than any old playset, it can be used anywhere!! They can recreate their favorite battles or create new ones in any kind of local they want. They can run over as many Gungans as they want!!

I hope Hasbro doesn't have suits like DiFabio working for them!!