AT-ST with pilot

GNT

Reaction score
This came out of nowhere, Yakeface have a picture up of an AT-ST with pilot figure in the black series packaging. Any thoughts on this?

Reaction score
It does look good. I have the 2009 Legacy version, hopefully this one compliments it well. At $60 I might wait to see if they go on sale at some point.

Reaction score
This is a nice vehicle, and the figure is great as well. Unfortunately, I don't think many people that would want this don't already have it from its endless re-releases. A nice window boxed version of the newest Landspeeder with a kit bashed Tatooine Luke would've been more welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Talk about random...I'll probably scoop one of these if I see it in person. Not going to go crazy looking, though. It has to be an exclusive, right? Would a non-Walmart store carry a vehicle made for figures it doesn't currently sell?

Reaction score
It's out of the blue, sure, but is isn't that odd. This vehicle does feature in the new film, after all. I would have preferred a re-release of the X-Wing or Y-Wing but who knows what the price tag would have been??

Reaction score
Cool, I might pick this up if the price is right. I have the TVC release from kmart which suffers from super loose knee joints.

Reaction score
Cool, I might pick this up if the price is right. I have the TVC release from kmart which suffers from super loose knee joints.
That problem was eliminated on the TBS Toys R Us exclusive from a few years back. Hopefully they kept whatever modification they did for this release.

Reaction score
Well I'm glad, cause I need one. Will see if ppl wI'll buy it or like always collectors asking for nice vehicles will wait for clearing prices. I'm betting money ppl will wait for CLEARANCE prices, after all the asking Hasbro for Big Vehicles.

Reaction score
Hasn't this been rumored for awhile? Idk kinda cool I guess. Might be more tempting if I could get it on sale at some point.

Reaction score
Well I'm glad, cause I need one. Will see if ppl wI'll buy it or like always collectors asking for nice vehicles will wait for clearing prices. I'm betting money ppl will wait for CLEARANCE prices, after all the asking Hasbro for Big Vehicles.
Its crazy this literally just came out a few hours ago and so many people are already waiting for clearance prices,lol

Reaction score
I just want to know where they are selling at lol

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I need it and it's price is far better than loose ones on ebay so I'll gladly take it

JVM

Reaction score
I don't have any previous version, but I'd love to buy it - depending on price. Nobody's mentioned price. The LEGO version is $40 and I'm also after that and I'm not sure if I'm willing to double-dip.

Reaction score
Hard to tell in the pics but i fear that the driver might be an older version. Doesn't look like there's knee joints and elbows are swivel type.

Reaction score
If the local Wal-Mart will stock it, I'll get one for sure. I had sold off my old Wal-Mart legacy AT-ST after the joints broke. I have the TVC one, but it'll be nice to have one with a cleaner deco too. It's a shame these didn't come out before Rogue One did, or branded as RO related. Or came out before Christmas. I just hope the sales are well enough they'll reissue more older vehicles. Like maybe a big wing TIE Fighter for ANH's 40th this year,

Reaction score
Hard to tell in the pics but i fear that the driver might be an older version. Doesn't look like there's knee joints and elbows are swivel type.
The one on the back of the box is the old one made from the old saga Imperial Officer. But the one in the box is definitely one of the TVC K-Mart AT-ST drivers.

Reaction score
Nah, he looks just like one of the TVC K-Mart exclusives from the 2-pack. Great figures, those.

Reaction score
I ended up selling my legacy and hoth and vintage versions of this. So if it's able to stand up on its own then I'd consider getting one. Assuming it comes to the UK that is.

Reaction score
Seriously, what makes them decide to package and sell this as part of The Black Series instead of the official Rogue One line?

is it just the opportunity to jack up the price for "collectors"? Or is it because it's part of the exclusive 3.75 Walmart Black line?

Reaction score
For that matter, why is this forum thread called "The Black Collection" when that's not the name of the actual line?

For that matter, why the hell can't Hasbro come up with different names for the 6" and 3.75" lines? That way, I won't wind up with the wrong damn figure for Christmas from well-meaning, but toy-ignorant family members?

Reaction score
This was a nice surprise! I'm a little curious which Driver they packed in here...there have actually been 3 modern AT-ST Drivers now. The original 2010 SOTDS Hoth set figure and then the 2 figures from the K-Mart 2-pack (which represented Watts & Marquand).

Ty

Reaction score
Ehehe shold have included the cancelled dalmatian Ewok abs his partner. I want this for sure but they would have sold even more with something unique.

Reaction score
Wait, I never knew there was a cancelled Dalmatian Ewok! Damn!! They should have! Or the original, screen accurate Teebo that was on the Ewok BP packaging! I still am holding out hope that version gets released on a VC single card someday.

Reaction score
Talk about random...I'll probably scoop one of these if I see it in person. Not going to go crazy looking, though. It has to be an exclusive, right? Would a non-Walmart store carry a vehicle made for figures it doesn't currently sell?
Since TRU had no problem selling the Black Series Battle On Endor and Jabba's Rancor Pit Battle Packs when it was not selling The Black Series figures, I would say that is precedent enough. However, I still think something like this would be a one retailer exclusive rather than mass retail.

Reaction score
Since TRU had no problem selling the Black Series Battle On Endor and Jabba's Rancor Pit Battle Packs when it was not selling The Black Series figures, I would say that is precedent enough. However, I still think something like this would be a one retailer exclusive rather than mass retail.
Good point, but didn't those run concurrently with the 2013-15 "regular," widespread Black Series line? This AT-ST would be the first Black Series 3.75" vehicle released since Walmart got exclusivity of the SA 3.75 line, no?

Reaction score
Seriously, what makes them decide to package and sell this as part of The Black Series instead of the official Rogue One line?

is it just the opportunity to jack up the price for "collectors"? Or is it because it's part of the exclusive 3.75 Walmart Black line?
It is part of The Black Series line because it is a higher quality collector aimed item, not a light weight hollowed out kid aimed vehicle. This is what we want to see more of, right?

Reaction score
It is part of The Black Series line because it is a higher quality collector aimed item, not a light weight hollowed out kid aimed vehicle. This is what we want to see more of, right?
Black series = quality toy we would have released 7 years ago by default which we now charge a premium markup for, lest you get stuck with a Slave I that is actually SHORTER than the figure that flies it.

Reaction score
Wait, I never knew there was a cancelled Dalmatian Ewok! Damn!! They should have! Or the original, screen accurate Teebo that was on the Ewok BP packaging! I still am holding out hope that version gets released on a VC single card someday.

Yeah, I had forgotten about that one as well. See here: http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1094377&page=41 and here: http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/wpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/20130719-134626.jpg

I'd love to get this ewok as well.

Reaction score
Good point, but didn't those run concurrently with the 2013-15 "regular," widespread Black Series line? This AT-ST would be the first Black Series 3.75" vehicle released since Walmart got exclusivity of the SA 3.75 line, no?

Yes, I believe you are right.

Reaction score