AT-ST Raider w/Klatoonian Warrior (The Mandalorian)

Reaction score
This is up on ToysRUs.ca for $75 Canadian as there is a sale going currently. Unfortunately the site is malfunctioning and doesn't allow me to place an order! Hopefully they fix the glitch before the thing sells out.

Reaction score
In case this will help anyone who is on the fence, there's a coupon for being a My Best Buy rewards club member (which is free to join) for 25% off a toy; the coupon can be used from November 1st until sometime in mid-November. Brings this set down to $60 on release date. That was still too high for me personally, so I used the coupon on a Black Series IG-11...but if anyone is looking to get this and needs/wants a discount, this is an option.
Thanks for the tip! Saved me $20!

Reaction score
Saw this on the shelf, but didn’t think that $80 was a good price. It does look really impressive though. Will pick it later if I can find it for less.

Reaction score
I've been a member for years, and never heard of such a coupon.

Edit: I found it, repeat, I found it!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just signed up for that program but can't find the coupon. Is it hidden someplace or is it just not for everybody?
Hmm, I'm not sure -- I can't bring it up again because I've already used it. I forget if it was just on the "account home" page, or if I had to click through the "member offers" which is on the left side of that account home page (might have to scroll down to see it). I don't think it's unique or special...saw someone mention it on twitter, signed in and found it right away. Good luck!

Reaction score
Its still top heavy but the legs are much more sturdy than the Black Series one (mine anyway), the paint and weathering look fantastic and the Klatoo fig is great so im really happy with this set

Reaction score
The figure is great but be forewarned, the articulation is limited. If you thought you'd be addin another super articulated gem to your vintage collection that is noted for such engineering, hasbro says I don't think so��

Reaction score
I'd be interested in acquiring the AT-ST Raider with figure, but can't order it from Best Buy as I'm in Europe (despite a shipping address in the US).

Could anyone help a scummer out ? Even better if there is a coupon that could be used through a double order to decrease a bit the price.

Please let me know by MP.

Reaction score
5 years ago...
These price increases are not sustainable. Wages are not increasing with costs. 400% increase over 5 years in the case of AUD is scary. Even the 200% increase in USD is bad enough.

I'm getting priced out on the new vehicles. Skiffs could be my last... (actually I'll be a sucker for sith TIEs).

The last time I got an AT-ST was the Target attack/offense on Hoth $40 set and it included 3 SA characters.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's a decent figure. I definitely prefer the old hip articulation over the new over engineered stuff we get in modern VC.

Reaction score
I prefer swivel hips as well, and the figure is 14 POA - so thats SA. Hopefully this gets a carded release - I want him!

Reaction score
I really wanted to buy this last night at Best Buy, but couldn't get myself to pay the $80 for it. For some reason I hadn't realized that it was their exclusive. I put it back in the hopes of finding it cheaper elsewhere.

Reaction score
It's a decent figure. I definitely prefer the old hip articulation over the new over engineered stuff we get in modern VC.
I prefer swivel hips as well, and the figure is 14 POA - so thats SA. Hopefully this gets a carded release - I want him!
I agree. Swivel hips are superior. I'm really not a fan of Hasbro's current method of creating ball-joint hips. It's overcomplicated, ugly, and restricts the figure from achieving basic poses easily... like sitting. To quote the guy from Retroblasting, "Dude, how can you suck at sitting?"

Reaction score
I picked this up today from Best Buy. Price Tag is a little high but I will say paint apps and deco on vehicle and figure are top notch. Hasbro has been putting out very nice stuff lately..

Skiff
Jabba Palace Playset
X-Wing
AT-ST Raider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I picked up the AT-ST too, and it's defintely better than the BS version. It stands without much issue.
Paint apps are also fantastic. It's really a great piece.

Reaction score
had a hard time getting it to stand. if the previous releases were worse, i'm glad i skipped them. this is the first new sculpt AT-ST i own. the rest are repaints of the old kenner ones. both the figure and the vehicle look awesome, though. just wish the headgear fit a little better.

Reaction score
After all these years has anyone figured out yet where the weak point is in the legs? I can't even tell what I need to brace/strengthen to get this ****ing thing to stand up for more than 47 seconds.

If it's only going to be able to be displayed when you finally find the "sweet spot" then why does it have to have all these over engineered joints? I'd rather just have static legs that don't require the hand of God to stay put.

Honestly of all the vehicles that I've been burned on this is the worst and I have no one to blame but myself. How many times do I need to buy this piece of **** before I learn...

Also anyone that says they have "no issues with getting this to stand" is absolutely full of **** and is just trying to make themselves feel better for buying this thing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
while getting this Raider version to stand this AM, I came up w/ a theory of why the legs could be weak. To explain my theory, picture a gear/cog like a face of a clock where the peaks are at the 12 numbers and the valleys are between the numbers. Well say on the left side that's how the leg was assembled, clock numbers are peaks. BUT on the right side the numbers are not the peaks, they are the valleys. Thus the 2 legs could not be placed completely level to one another, one will always be set slightly higher or lower. Given the top-heaviness of the cokpit that slight off-setting is enough to cause the whole structure to collapse. It is simply poor assembly for the internal gears of the legs at the factory level. One may get lucky and the gears are set identically on both sides and toy will stand perfect on its own. The way I fixed one older version may support this theory- --
I fixed one of the older models by opening up a leg and placing a thin broken tip of a flat toothpick in the gear and re-assembled the leg. The shim I made was enough to keep toy standing w/o assistance. A 2nd version I didn't have any more flat toothpicks and the only shim I could make was too think to stay in the gears, so I have a brace under the belly that the ATST sits on to keep it upright. The 3rd (target hoth) version, must have gears assembled in unison because to this day, it has never collapsed but maybe once when I accidently bumped the display at it as well as a turret and radar laser cannon toppled over. I didn't try this with the Raider but instead I used the clear rubber bands from packaging to go from 1 leg to the other and let the body rest on the bands hoping it's own weight will tighten the bands and keep body from dropping an collapsing the ATST.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Someone tightened the screws on the joints of the legs to get it to stand better

Reaction score
Someone tightened the screws on the joints of the legs to get it to stand better
While that may provide a temporary solution tightening those screws is undoubtedly stripping soft plastic or thin metal around the screw and will collapse upon itself sooner rather than later.

It's a piece of junk that is going back to Best Buy as a defective item without the ****ing figure.

Reaction score
Mine does stand ok ( have it on a detolf shelf) but it takes some fiddling to get right. If you're gonna be changing poses regularly or want something specific then yeah, I can see why you'd be miffed but I'm happy with the paint job and sculpt and it looks miles better than the Black Series one which had awful weathering. It's good enough for me : )

Reaction score
I picked one up on Friday at Toys R Us, taking advantage of their sale. I haven't opened it up yet, but I am happy to have it.

Reaction score
Will have to wait on this one. Already way behind with 3 TVC waves pending. Not spending another $80 until I get my hands on my current PO.

Reaction score
I finally saw these yesterday while picking up my IG-11. The box was way smaller than I expected. Considering I grabbed a couple of The Black Series ones at Ross for $10, I don't see how there's any way I could justify spending $80 on what amounts to a minor variant with a new figure. Even $60 with the coupon would be hard to swallow. I have a feeling these will see deep discounts next year.

Reaction score
Finally got a chance to open mine today. This thing is a piece of art. The weathering, detailing... Just gorgeous. And it stands far better than the earlier versions. I had no problems getting it to stand. The figure is fantastic too (I personally would prefer the ball-jointed hips but I see I am outvoted in this thread and it isn't a dealbreaker for me at all). I still think that headgear looks like it was designed for Taym Dren Garen...

Reaction score
I ended up having to order one online, since my "nearest" Best Buy didn't have any in stock and that store is too far away to check more than once every few weeks. However, one of the legs on my AT-ST seems to be defective as there are no ratchets whatsoever in the joints and it just folds up immediately any time weight is placed on it. I might try to superglue the legs in place (which is what I've had to do for every previous release of this mold) in order to get this thing to stand up. It seems like the quality of this mold gets worse and worse as Hasbro keeps jacking up the price. Definitely an example of too much articulation rendering a toy completely worthless.

Reaction score
Okay, after several very frustrating minutes, I did finally get the walker to stand. My main mistake was trying to mimic the stance of my Black Series AT-ST which has had a few years of gravity pressing down on it.

On a positive note, the figure is pretty nice. It's cool to see another Klatooinian outside of the context of ROTJ.

Reaction score
The legs seem sturdier so far . The coloring makes this unique. The figure is really cool, great job on the eyes. I like how they made the spikes on his armor. Non working holster is a lil weak but no big deal.

Reaction score
While that may provide a temporary solution tightening those screws is undoubtedly stripping soft plastic or thin metal around the screw and will collapse upon itself sooner rather than later.

It's a piece of junk that is going back to Best Buy as a defective item without the ****ing figure.
"My lord, is this.. legal?" That sounds a little unscrupulous there buddy.