AT-ST Driver - #VC192

bac

Reaction score
Typical Walmart nonsense. One of my two AT-ST drivers shipped out of CA via OnTrac. Expected delivery today. The other hasn't processed.

Paploo has not shipped and is now paired with Leia in a package.

Reaction score
i havent had an issue w/ fedex damage since 2006 or so when starwarsshop was in business. The only fedex issue i've had recently was a birthday gift i sent to my sister and the driver delivered it to the wrong house despite both my sister and the drop off house had giant numbers either on their mailboxes or a post at the end of their driveways. The only common number was the 1st number, the other 3#s were no where close to one another like a 5 or a 6. The package even had her house number printed on it in large black letters. Luckily she was home, heard a truck drive by. She looked all around her house, didn't see pkg, despite me texting her it was delivered. She then had to leave to go to work. As she drove by the other house (mind you, there used to be another house next to my sisters but its been torn down and lot made into an extended horse pasture, the original lot that's a horse pasture, then a lot for a barn, then the house where pkg was left- so 4 lots away from my sisters.) she saw her pkg on the steps. She retrieved her pkg and went to work. Luckily she knew the people at the farm house, even though they were not home at the time.

THe absolute worse delivery service i have experienced is UPS mail initiative or whatever the flip it's called where UPS does all the transport, but hands it over to usps for final delivery. Those are ALWAYS late by several days, often rarely scanned/updated during tracking, always in envelopes w/ little to no padding or non corrugated cardboard boxes, no thicker than a cereal box. And sometimes the pkg arrives smelling like :poop:.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Mine are coming out of Atlanta - same for everyone else?
Mine are coming from CA via OnTrac, so it'll only take a couple days at most. My Leias, however, are shipping from GA via FedEx, which is on the other side of the country. I'd go ahead and re-order her right now, if she was in stock, as there's little hope the packages will arrive in decent shape.

Reaction score
FedEx is just a horrible delivery service in general. They're easily the slowest, and as mentioned by others, you can bet your stuff is going to arrive damaged. Anytime I see FedEx being associated with a shipping notification, I'm like:

tenor.gif

Reaction score
^ that's my reaction for UPS associated pkges especially those handed over to usps. Locally, Fedex has improved, even time it takes their smartpost to pass it onto usps (I had a pkge about 8 years ago sit a week in limbo while being passed onto usps.) the biggest complaint of late i have about fedex is they seem to take longer to get things updated in their system such as picked up from seller, scanned onto trucks, dropped off at a facility, except they are accurate and up to date w/ delivered scans. I had one, i think mando/grogu set to been delivered b4 the scans showed up online that it reached local facility and placed on delivery truck. Meanwhile UPS service locally, has gone down the :poop:'er. I must say, though, the weights on these 50ths do not sound too great for non damaged cards/bubbles

Last edited:

bac

Reaction score
One of my AT-ST Drivers just arrived and survived the trip. Walmart used a big enough box, thankfully.

No sign of my other Lucasfilm 50th figures shipping.

Reaction score
Got mine today, smashed into a box, only one survived MOC. Came with one ewok. What the heck is going on lol But my clearance order of Lando skiff and Stormies came in a very nice sized box, too bad they gave me crappy Lando cards that are going right back to Wal mart

Reaction score
Got mine today, smashed into a box, only one survived MOC. Came with one ewok. What the heck is going on lol But my clearance order of Lando skiff and Stormies came in a very nice sized box, too bad they gave me crappy Lando cards that are going right back to Wal mart
I got a Lando today from wm. It's got a lot of creases. Planned on opening it anyways but it definitely looks like it was a damaged bin item or previous return. At $6 clearance price, no big deal. I'd rather have it, than see it go to a landfill on its next journey.

Reaction score
I got a Lando today from wm. It's got a lot of creases. Planned on opening it anyways but it definitely looks like it was a damaged bin item or previous return. At $6 clearance price, no big deal. I'd rather have it, than see it go to a landfill on its next journey.
thing is, I already have one opened. I had a few display ideas with other parts of my collection that I thought he would look good, provided it would be MOC to display....

bac

Reaction score
My second and final AT-ST Driver shipped. While the first came from CA via OnTrac in a box, this one is coming from Texas via FedEx in an envelope. Odds of card and bubble being crushed: 100%. I'll be ripping this sucker open and enjoying it.

Reaction score
Received mine a few minutes ago. I was a little confused, as this is the size of the box it came in *

20210626_112926_resized (2).jpg

*Greef Karga for scale

I thought maybe Walmart had heard the complaints and went overboard on packing mine, there were plenty of air pillows in this huge box:

20210626_112954_resized.jpg

Then I pulled out, not one, not two, but three figures!

20210626_113021_resized (2).jpg

I thought Walmart made an error in my favor, but I checked my order and (even though I don't remember doing so) I apparently ordered three of them.

Reaction score
Oh, Walmart. Four of my six figures arrived today. All individually. Three came in padded bubble mailers. One came in a box just small enough to damage the card. I know Hasbro "claims" the line won't survive without partners for exclusives, but after the total nightmare of damaged Mando build up packs and all the free figures they refunded, one would think they would get their act together for shipping these things! For the record, I bet 100% if these figures were all main line mass release, they would still sell like crazy.

20210626_133032.jpg

20210626_133021.jpg

Reaction score
I ordered two of each figure. They only shipped the AT-ST Drivers.

I hate this feeling of delivery roulette with them every time.

What’s it going to be?
  • Figures shoved into a bubble mailer?
  • Figures stuffed into an unpadded t-shirt mailer?
  • Figures bent into a cardboard mailer?
  • Figures forced into a box too small?
  • Figures pushed into a box the exact same size as the card/box?
  • Figures mangled the wrong way into a box that would’ve otherwise fit them?
  • Figures sliding around a large box with no protection?
  • Figures gently cradled in a cloud of air bags?
  • Figures rattling around in a comically huge box?

Last edited:
Reaction score

What’s it going to be?

It's so nerve wracking. And I can assure you, I have received pretty much every one of those options at least once.

Reaction score
It's so nerve wracking. And I can assure you, I have received pretty much every one of those options at least once.
I think we all have.

They say variety is the spice of life, but in this case, I’d rather get the spice Elan Sleazebaggano was trying to push on Obi-Wan than all this.

Reaction score

What’s it going to be?

Just wait until Target ships the exclusive prototype Boba Fetts

Reaction score
It might be to AT-ST distinct outfit but I was thinking they could repaint this figure all black to use for an SA version of this Imperial Officer, and just tool up a new head/hat.

Reaction score
Just wait until Target ships the exclusive prototype Boba Fetts
They do a better job than Walmart that’s for sure (at least on vehicles that I have ordered in the past). I ordered the proto Vader using the ship to store option and he was fine so I don’t have any experiences with figures. They gave it to me inside a plastic bag but I am not sure how it was shipped from the distribution center to the store.

Reaction score
Ordered 2 from WM. One came in a box, one in a mailer. They both came on the same day. There was plenty of room in the box for both. One in the mailer is destroyed! I couldn't help but think this was done on purpose to screw with me (us).

Reaction score
Well I don't visit the trading section of the forum as much as I used to so it's certainly feasible, although even if I had I'd need more than a days notice to respond.

I just hope these returns don't end up deemed unsalable by Walmart thus shipped to landfill...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Upon opening this figure, it's no very exciting - I would say more was done with some of the repaints in the repaint waves than this one. Even, so it's on a new card, so I'll call it a new figure.

Reaction score
What I really don't get, is that I ordered two Drivers at the same time yet they ship them separately. That has to be costly not to mention wasteful because two to three figures would have easily fit into one box that they used. And Paploo is shipping separate as well.

At least they arrive in good shape.

Reaction score
I'm guessing it's some kind of efficiency/order fulfillment metric that is being improved by shipping each item individually. Also, I think by shipping one item per box/envelope they can automate the task more because they can code into the system what box/envelope is needed for each item. It is probably more difficult to automate the task if every order is different and they have to figure out the proper shipping container for probably thousands of orders that come and go each day. So, maybe by being able to automate and getting by with less labor, and by getting more product out the door quicker they can actually save/make more money than trying to save money by shipping in less packages. Just a theory.

Then again, such a theory wouldn't account for why some come in boxes and others come in envelops unless, perhaps, they are coming from different distribution centers and they are not all on the same page with shipping methods.

I will note that my AT-ST Driver came from Las Vegas, while my Endor Leia came from Johnstown, NY. Both came in bubble mailers. I'm curious to see if my theory holds up. I'd be interested to know if others are getting their figures in a box from the same place.

Reaction score
* hmmm.....interesting but looking in actual scans on all 3 pkgs i receieved, all 3 were p'd/u by fedex at same FC despite billing location was different, the to/from section at top of tracking.
My theory on multple pkgs from same FC leaving at nearly the same time is...more pkgs shipped mean more discount from shipping companies. And by using multiple carriers, they need even more pkgs to ship out to get discounts across the board, so they split up orders

Last edited:
Reaction score
Maybe they should implement the feature that Amazon does, where you can opt to combine orders to ship together.

As for shipping carton it likely comes down to "who's" shipping the item out and what they have immediately available. You might be amazed at how some associates don't care much how an item is packed into a carton as long as they can get it done expediently and move on to the next. Because yes, they are timed per order.