AT-ST Driver - rumor

Reaction score
According to the 9/10/2009 Q&A we'll have a new AT-ST driver coming on a basic card next year - late next year. Sounds like there's a ROTJ wave shaping up for next fall.

'78

Reaction score
Re: AT-ST Driver (2010)

I need this one for my collection in one form or another but I may skip it and go for the loose vintage figure instead.

Reaction score

I'll even say that I'll get a couple, as this will hopefully be another head-swap candidate with all the other human soldiers in the line

Reaction score

It would also be cool if they do a variant so we get one figure with the goggles down (as depicted in the movie) and maybe a variant with the goggles up. But if we only get one version then I hope it's the former.

Reaction score

Darth_Brett said:
It would also be cool if they do a variant so we get one figure with the goggles down (as depicted in the movie) and maybe a variant with the goggles up. But if we only get one version then I hope it's the former.
Of course whats more likely is removable goggles.

Reaction score

Idpullthecurtain said:
Darth_Brett said:
Of course whats more likely is removable goggles.
Even better!! I also hope if we only get one it's based off of Marquand's likeness (I think it was his likeness that was used for both the original and POTF2 figures).

GNT

Reaction score

I've always had a soft spot for the AT-ST Driver so count me in for a new version. Hasbro can't go wrong if they reuse the scanning crew body to bring us a new imperial since all the hard work is aleady floating around. Good news

Dom

Reaction score

Im all for the vintage/goggles down style.

Reaction score

It'll have a Jango head, of course, since every Imperial wearing a helmet has one according to Hasbro. Except for the ANH Spacetroopers

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
It'll have a Jango head, of course, since every Imperial wearing a helmet has one according to Hasbro. Except for the ANH Spacetroopers
You know it won't though. That wouldn't be movie accurate...unless Hasbro is making a retcon of star wars one trooper at a time. I find it funny that they won't go there with troopers that show faces (death star trooper) but they will with all the others. Like we won't notice. Speaking of Death star Trooper...who else would be up for a death squad trooper in grey ala vintage?

Reaction score

I don't think they'll use the Jango head only because their faces are very much visible. They don't use the Jango head on Imperials that do not have masks. The Death Star Trooper and Imperial Scanning Crew Tech are both examples of this. I wouldn't worry about the AT-ST Driver having a clone head at all.

Reaction score

^^
Exactly. Come on, no one seriously think they'd do that, do they? Closed face helmets are fair game, but when you see the faces of course they're not going to do that. I'd like to see a running change of Marquand's likeness, and Robert Watts.

Reaction score

Oddly this is from JediDefender's Q&A:

3. The Scanner Technician seems like a surefire base figure for a number of redecoes, or slight changes, that could crank out super articulated "new" figures. Will we see this figure eventually in the black jumpsuits, maybe with a helmet, like the Death Star Troopers working on the 2nd Death Star and shield generator? What about a new AT-ST Drive to compliment that spiffy new ride he has coming? There's a lot of Imperials wearing that pretty basic jumpsuit, and it just seems like something we could easily see updated into pretty desirable army builders.

3) We're glad you like this guy - we certainly think he turned out great. We do anticipate utilizing this great new base sculpt to bring out some other Imperials over time. What the next one may be, though, has yet to be slotted into the lineup. Stay tuned!

Why would they say that if an AT-ST Driver is planed for next year? Either it's not going to use the Scanning Trooper sculpt, one of those others is in a exclusive that may or may not show up before the driver, they don't know what they are talking about, or they are lying.

Reaction score

SnTrooper said:
Oddly this is from JediDefender's Q&A:

3. The Scanner Technician seems like a surefire base figure for a number of redecoes, or slight changes, that could crank out super articulated "new" figures. Will we see this figure eventually in the black jumpsuits, maybe with a helmet, like the Death Star Troopers working on the 2nd Death Star and shield generator? What about a new AT-ST Drive to compliment that spiffy new ride he has coming? There's a lot of Imperials wearing that pretty basic jumpsuit, and it just seems like something we could easily see updated into pretty desirable army builders.

3) We're glad you like this guy - we certainly think he turned out great. We do anticipate utilizing this great new base sculpt to bring out some other Imperials over time. What the next one may be, though, has yet to be slotted into the lineup. Stay tuned!

Why would they say that if an AT-ST Driver is planed for next year? Either it's not going to use the Scanning Trooper sculpt, one of those others is in a exclusive that may or may not show up before the driver, they don't know what they are talking about, or they are lying.
Contradictory answers. Not the first time. But dont often get then in the SAME week.

Reaction score

Perhaps a link to the source that confirmed this figure? Jedi Temple Archives Q&A

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>

Q. The new AT-ST looks fantastic! And the demos at Comic Con really helped this vehicle shine. It seems perfect. But the driver that's packed in looks frankly, a little lonely in that new, spacious cockpit. We have not had an AT-ST Driver in the basic figure line (with the exception of Han Solo in his AT-ST Driver disguise) since the POTF2 days. Can we expect a new AT-ST driver in the near term? Or perhaps some AT-ST hijacking Ewoks? If my memory serves me correct, they're named Widdle and Oochee.

A. Glad you like the new AT-ST! It sure turned out fantastic, in our opinion. Yes, there are plans for all of these figures next year. The AT-ST driver should be out by the end of next year as a basic figure, while the Ewoks have yet to be confirmed but will likely be part of an exclusive pack.

[/QUOTE]

Reaction score

I hope so too. I bought two AT-STs because I didn't think we'd see the AT-ST for at least 18-24 months. I'd think about another AT-ST, but I don't want to have to buy one just to get a new AT-ST driver.

Reaction score

I think a little much was read into the answer on the Hoth AT-ST - while it may come with the new Driver, they've said before that he was coming on a basic card, and in that answer, I saw absolutely nothing about the driver, just the AT-ST.

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
I think a little much was read into the answer on the Hoth AT-ST - while it may come with the new Driver, they've said before that he was coming on a basic card, and in that answer, I saw absolutely nothing about the driver, just the AT-ST.
well they say "yes to both", so the suggestion is that means yes to the vehicle and yes to the part of the question about a new pilot. That may or may not mean the AT-ST Driver comes in the ROTJ wave.

Reaction score

Maybe I am not reading this the same way you guys did. I made the statements that lead me to believe the AT-ST Drive is a pack in boldface.

QUESTION: The AT-ST seems to have been extremely well received by the collecting community as a whole. It was an amazing advance from the vintage vehicle. This version seems to have been specifically geared towards the Battle of Endor in RETURN OF THE JEDI. But with this being the 30th anniversary of THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK (the first place we ever saw the AT-ST), is it possible that we could see the AT-ST reintroduced in 2010 with Hoth deco? And might this be the venue by which we see the new AT-ST Driver that was mentioned back in a September, 2009 Q&A session?

ANSWER: We're glad you appreciate the AT-ST. We agree - it sailed way past our expectations to be one of our favorite pieces of 2009. There were a lot of them actually, but that one was fantastic. Now, your question....yes, to both parts. The plan was is bring the vehicle out as an exclusive late in the year and details will likely be announced at Comic Con or CV. The exclusive line still has a bit of an unsettled nature to it this year, so we can't say with 100% certainty that it is definitely coming. Stay tuned for more info later in the year.

To me, they clearly said the answer is yes to both questions. I guess I could see how maybe some read this as being yes, the AT-ST will be re-released in 2010 and yes, it will be in the Hoth deco.

Reaction score

Then a Richard Marquand likeness would not be appropriate if it is an ESB AT-ST. I'm not really interested in another AT-ST Driver unless it has Mr. Marquand's likeness.

Reaction score

Well technically we never even see the AT-ST Drivers in TESB so it's out of place in that respect, too. I don't see why even if this is a pack-in figure that it wouldn't have Marquand's likeness regardless if he was only seen in ROTJ (I know Hasbro confirmed that the new figure would be him in a more recent Q&A). I guess it's possible that the basic card figure is Marquand and the pack-in figure might just be a generic driver.

Reaction score

Darth_Brett said:
I guess I could see how maybe some read this as being yes, the AT-ST will be re-released in 2010 and yes, it will be in the Hoth deco.
Interesting point. Too bad the Legacy AT-ST sculpt was not used in ESB though. Maybe it will be a wacky EU repaint.

Reaction score

Lone_Jedi said:
Darth_Brett said:
I guess I could see how maybe some read this as being yes, the AT-ST will be re-released in 2010 and yes, it will be in the Hoth deco.
Interesting point. Too bad the Legacy AT-ST sculpt was not used in ESB though. Maybe it will be a wacky EU repaint.
Hm! This is the second time I've seen that so I have to ask, considering they looked pretty similar to me, what exactly are the differences? Any photos?

Reaction score

MysterioMenace said:
Lone_Jedi said:
Darth_Brett said:
Hm! This is the second time I've seen that so I have to ask, considering they looked pretty similar to me, what
exactly are the differences? Any photos?
I'm sure they just mean the "battle damage", as the one released had an Endor deco but this ESB one would have a snow deco.

Reaction score

Kinderspartan said:
MysterioMenace said:
Lone_Jedi said:
Darth_Brett said:
Hm! This is the second time I've seen that so I have to ask, considering they looked pretty similar to me, what
exactly are the differences? Any photos?
I'm sure they just mean the "battle damage", as the one released had an Endor deco but this ESB one would have a snow deco.
They wrote that the actual model shown in the film differs from the AT-ST shown in Jedi, not that the weathering alone was different. This was something I had never noticed, though it's probably just in detail like maybe different guns and such as it's clearly nothing overt. Still, I would doubt the Hoth AT-ST that Hasbro releases will be anything more than a repaint.

Reaction score

the ATST from ESB is more rounded then the one from ROTJ, if you look at the side by side images you can easily see how different they are, the original Hasbro/Kenner ATST looks closer to the ESB one then this latest release.

Reaction score

I believe there are comparison photos in the Hoth AT-ST thread in this very forum. To be brief, the Blizzard Scout AT-STs in ESB have thinner and longer legs so they stand taller than the Tempest Scout AT-STs from ROTJ. The ROTJ one is wider and has a bigger head (proportion-wise) to the rest of its body. The differences are significant when viewed side by side.

Reaction score

I'm surely in for two but jeez I would have liked a nicer pack-in with my $40 WM exclusive I just effin bought.

you know?

G

Well I am not buying another AT-ST just for a new driver, he will be out on a single card at some point in time.

Reaction score

wiiwhitey said:
Well I am not buying another AT-ST just for a new driver, he will be out on a single card at some point in time.
duuude

Since1978 said:
According to the 9/10/2009 Q&A we'll have a new AT-ST driver coming on a basic card next year
rtp heh...

cmon bro

Reaction score

I read the answer the same way as Darth Brett did. It is possible that Hasbro misread the question and meant that both were coming, but they had more than enough time to write a response.