AT-DP

Reaction score
IMHO, $23 is overpriced for this AT-DP; $15 would be more reasonable. I really like the vehicle (even more than the AT-ST), but it's a small, puny, and extremely light toy...

Reaction score
Maybe one day, like 10-25 years from now Hasbro(how did it take them to re-do the kenner AT-ST and others) is able to make a proper scaled version but until that glorious day and age tts still a neat vehicle. I want atleast two more.

Reaction score
One figure sitting down. You can squeeze a second in standing up but the hatch won't close on top... so one.

Reaction score
Has anyone seen one of these, or any of the Rebels vehicles, in Canada? The only ones I've seen were the Target exclusives, and even those will soon be gone. Not sure if I should hold out hope of being able to get these at retail.

Reaction score
Got my first AT-DP in the mail from HTS yesterday. I am actually pretty impressed with it. I like it better then the latest versions of the AT-ST for 1 reason...IT STANDS UP...without any fuss.

Reaction score
Wow - I can't believe how HTF @ retail the AT-DP is - the only time I've ever seen this was @ Target last October, which is the one I got - never seen this since.

Reaction score
Here in South TX, I saw several of AT DP's at two WM's I went to. Strange.

Reaction score
A quick question...does anyone know how to 'dis-assemble' (i.e.. remove the legs & feet) this vehicle without damaging the parts.

I am temporarily looking to store this put back in its box & am struggling to dis-assemble it without fear of damaging the parts which 'lock-in' to each other.

Reaction score
A quick question...does anyone know how to 'dis-assemble' (i.e.. remove the legs & feet) this vehicle without damaging the parts.

I am temporarily looking to store this put back in its box & am struggling to dis-assemble it without fear of damaging the parts which 'lock-in' to each other.
I don't know of a way to do this. Here's my opinion, and take it as you will: I would recommend against trying to take this AT-DP apart. I have bought a lot of SW vehicles (and other toys) over the years, and in my experience trying to take something apart - after you have firmly snapped it together - will potentially break the item. This plastic isn't that durable, and IMHO could break easily.

Just my .02....

Reaction score
I don't know of a way to do this. Here's my opinion, and take it as you will: I would recommend against trying to take this AT-DP apart. I have bought a lot of SW vehicles (and other toys) over the years, and in my experience trying to take something apart - after you have firmly snapped it together - will potentially break the item. This plastic isn't that durable, and IMHO could break easily.

Just my .02....
Thanks for the advice...I think you are probably right on this one!

Reaction score
Huh,I have seen it several times at walmarts in my area.Got one myself it's cool but the cockpit Is very small.You can't fit another figure in the back.

OTE=ThallJoben;19568807]Wow - I can't believe how HTF @ retail the AT-DP is - the only time I've ever seen this was @ Target last October, which is the one I got - never seen this since.[/QUOTE]

Reaction score
Odd, around here in Central TX it's the opposite, only the Phantom has been taken (at both Walmarts in the area) and those two have still remained
Yeah. I had no trouble finding these in Austin. Actually, the only vehicle I've not seen in stores here is the Troop Transport.

Reaction score
My Disney store had all the Rebels vehicles on clearance for $12.99 about a month ago. I snagged 2 AT-DPs. A couple of weeks later they marked them down to $9.99 so I snagged 2 more!

Reaction score
I like these but not to much a fan of the legs with no articulation, so I did a Lil tinkering and came up with this, needs to be painted and finished, but you get the idea, kinda of a Mcquarrie Concept At-St....

Reaction score
I have not seen this vehicle yet. Is it a myth? Can anyone help me out?
Can't help much with this, other than to say that the AT-DP is an extremely HTF vehicle. I've only seen it once - last October - and never since. IMHO your best bet would be ordering online.

Reaction score
What ever happened to the Target exclusive version of this (AT-DP)? The one with the Driver included?
That one seemed to be pretty hit-or-miss. I spotted a few standard AT-DP's between March-May, along with a healthy supply of Inquisitor TIE's and Phantoms (as well as the Target versions with pack-in figures) but NEVER the Target AT-DP. I *think* as far back as last fall the Target version started showing up here and there, and this past spring the same but it was never too common.

Reaction score
What ever happened to the Target exclusive version of this (AT-DP)? The one with the Driver included?
News to me that there was a Target Exclusive AT-DP with the driver included. I did see the AT-DP once @ Target last Fall, but that was it. I think I saw it once again @ TRU.

That being said, this AT-DP is one of hardest-to-find vehicles in the modern line....

Reaction score
To clarify my last post, the AT-DP I saw @ Target last Fall did not have the driver included, just the vehicle (couldn't edit my last post).

Reaction score
I caved in and finally ordered one of these off of eBay yesterday. It's a vehicle design that I've been a fan of since the 1980s and I remember when I first saw it in the old Empire Strikes Back Sketchbook, from 1980, I felt that it was a shame the design was rejected because I thought it looked cooler than the final versions of the AT-ST that made it into the films.

I'm a little bummed about the lack of leg articulation, which is probably why I waited so long to finally get one; but considering how fragile that Legacy AT-ST was (where many of the leg joints cracked and broke just being shipped to stores), maybe it's for the best. In 2015, Hasbro still struggles to show basic competence in areas of toy design that Kenner seemed to have mastered 35 years ago.

Reaction score
I wasn't in a big hurry to get the AT-DP either.I thing that bugged me is that it doesn't have room for 2 figures.The back section is for a figure to stand up through the hatch.Hasbro could have made the head a Tad bigger and it would still fit in the box.

Reaction score
I'm a little bummed about the lack of leg articulation, which is probably why I waited so long to finally get one; but considering how fragile that Legacy AT-ST was (where many of the leg joints cracked and broke just being shipped to stores), maybe it's for the best. In 2015, Hasbro still struggles to show basic competence in areas of toy design that Kenner seemed to have mastered 35 years ago.
Agreed. Leg articulation would probably have ruined this AT-DP. As it stands (pun intended - LOL), the toy balances very well. However, if it did have leg articulation, I'm sure it wouldn't be standing well at all - especially considering how poorly that Legacy AT-ST stands, per what you mentioned above. I do have this AT-ST, and think it's a crummy toy.

Reaction score
Agreed. Leg articulation would probably have ruined this AT-DP. As it stands (pun intended - LOL), the toy balances very well. However, if it did have leg articulation, I'm sure it wouldn't be standing well at all - especially considering how poorly that Legacy AT-ST stands, per what you mentioned above. I do have this AT-ST, and think it's a crummy toy.
Mine showed up today and I'm pleasantly surprised by how stable it is. Mine was even able to stand with only one leg attached. The lack of leg articulation doesn't bother me nearly as much now that I have the toy in hand and at least I don't ever have to worry about this thing sagging and eventually collapsing, like the Legacy AT-ST and even the original Kenner mold (after a couple of decades).

Anyways, I love the design and not just because of its pedigree. It has an awesome profile (probably one of my favorite Star Wars vehicle designs of all time) and the way it towers over the action figures makes for a very impressive display.

I'm still waiting on my AT-DP Driver to arrive in the mail, so I'll probably post some pictures when he gets here. For now, I have my Rebels Stormtrooper filling in for the crew (does anyone else remember when Stormtroopers piloted every Imperial vehicle toy?).

Reaction score
I like these but not to much a fan of the legs with no articulation, so I did a Lil tinkering and came up with this, needs to be painted and finished, but you get the idea, kinda of a Mcquarrie Concept At-St....
Need to see more than sideways, thumbnail-sized photos; but it looks like you put the vintage Scout Walker legs on the toy?

Reaction score
My favorite and only vehicle from this line. Patiently waiting for the ghost to drop to around $10. Wouldn't mind getting the troop transport bit a bit hesitant on getting it for $20

Reaction score
bigbarada, great pic. of the AT-DP above - that reminds me somewhat of the cover of Star Wars Classic #1 by Dark Horse (reprinting the Williamson/Goodwin newspaper strips).