AT-DP

Reaction score
I'd love to see a picture of the AT-DP in a walking pose with one leg raised. Can it be done?
Like the original late 70's Joe Johnston concept sketch? My guess on that pose is no, unless the "toe" on the "moving" leg is touching the ground. I haven't seen the toy in person but my bet is that it would topple over.

Reaction score
THe AT-DP is a great toy, and I like that it seems to be based on a concept vehicle that made it's way into the Star Wars newspaper strip from the early '80's; this seems like it's basically a smaller "cousin" to the AT-ST.....

Reaction score
Just a heads-up to my fellow collectors - not sure this will also happen to you, but I was just @ Super Target & tried to buy the AT-DP; however, the bar code wouldn't scan (Invalid item?!) and they wouldn't let me buy this. I could have argued (like I did several years back when they wouldn't let get some G.I. Joe Renegades figures that had the same issue, and they called out a manager to straighten this out so I could buy them) but I was tired & it wasn't worth it. I'm sure this vehicle will be all over the place later this Fall....

Too bad, since this is the first SW vehicle I've wanted to buy in years....

Reaction score
Finally picked up the AT-DP @ the same Target; the price scanned in this time. Extremely cool little vehicle, and the price was a little over $8.00 (after Tax)

Reaction score
Finally picked up the AT-DP @ the same Target; the price scanned in this time. Extremely cool little vehicle, and the price was a little over $8.00 (after Tax)
Only $8.00? Was there some kind of discount going on? That's a great price.

Reaction score
Only $8.00? Was there some kind of discount going on? That's a great price.
Not sure if there was a discount or not - there was only one on the shelf @ $7.49 - I was also surprised at the price. Note this is a fairly small vehicle without any leg articulation, though I wouldn't be surprised if the price goes up later. Maybe I just got lucky...

Reaction score
Naturally, now that I have found Rebels figures, the vehicles are nowhere to be found.

Reaction score
I'd buy another one of these AT-DP's if I could find it for $8, but I doubt it will be that price again.

Has this vehicle been featured in the Rebels cartoon yet? I've seen all the shorts & every episode so far, but if it's been on here I missed this. Note I did see a Rebels Youtube clip that featured the AT-DP, but couldn't tell if this was from a forthcoming episode, or one that's already aired...

Reaction score
OK - Thanks. Can't believe I missed this; I was watching some of these episodes late at night & was half asleep...I'll have to go back & watch them again.

Reaction score
Still haven't seen another AT-DP in stores again (after I got one about a month ago). It seems like this is either a rare vehicle, or one that hasn't been produced in large #'s yet.

Hopefully these will be easier to find in 2015...

Reaction score
Spotted dozens at the Disney Store here last week and passed on the C$30 price tag. Will wait for them to hit Target..
Thanks for the info. $30 is extremely overpriced for this vehicle. I think it's worth more like $15-$20, but am not sure what Target/Wal-mart/TRU's "official" price will be - if it hits at all of these stores, that is.

Reaction score
I picked mine up a few days ago at Target for $24, which still seemed like way too much. It's a good vehicle though. I wouldn't mind having another...

Reaction score
I have one, would like a few more. One thing kills me with this thing though, you have to assemble it and there are parts that one has to put together for the articulation (the little that there is). Extra articulation could have been added so easily to this, given the manner in which the one joint (at the hips) is made.

Reaction score
I've got mixed feelings about having more articulation for this AT-DP. Sure, it would make the vehicle more interesting in some ways (since it's somewhat "static" now), but at the same time that could also open the door for more problems when trying to make it stand....I've had a lot of problems with 1-2 AT-ST's re: getting them to stand properly, to the point where the leg joints of one are almost useless. So, I don't mind that this AT-DP doesn't have much articulation....

Reaction score
I really do want this, but I'm genuinely unsure what to make of it.

Yes, its a great vehicle that reminds me of a walker from the Marvel Comics reprint I read over 2003 religiously and I like it in the show.
But the articulation of it...

I mean, yeah, the simple fact it can stand upright is something the new AT ST can't say too often. But I wouldn't mind a bit more movement in the legs.

I dunno.

I'll still buy it and wonder why I did as I have no room anymore

Ben

Reaction score
Is the articulation limited to the "hip" join on the AT-DP?
If I'm understanding your question, yes: There are only three articulated areas re: this vehicle: The head can move from side to side, and each leg can move at the joint where it's connected to the body. The legs themselves are completey unarticulated, which IMHO makes it easier to make this stand - I.e., you just place the vehicle on a table and that's it. It's fairly light, so shouldn't fall over easily. Hopefully I'm explaining this properly...

Reaction score
I have thre of These. I think it's a fun vehicle, although the "head" is a lot smaller than I thought it would be. I think it makes for a great display Piece with a bunch of troopers or it's really nice for Kids.

Reaction score
It is small and fits only one driver. There is room for some storage in the back seat or where you can place someone that can stand up in the back half out the portal like a tank commander. Its not bad for the size blunder and you can get away with it cause its a scout vehicle but its more like a taller and enclosed AT-RT. I added a guy on top with an MG 34 to give some kinda extra fire support.

Reaction score
I've just bought one of these tonight. It's the first Hasbro Star Wars vehicle I've bought in ages, and it's looking like it might be the last as there's nothing else on the horizon I'm interested in.

Anyway, it's a very nice item for what it is. I find myself glad they skimped on the leg articulation as it means it can actually stand up.

They should have put that on the box.

Instead of "FIRING MISSILE LAUNCHER!" it should say "CAN ACTUALLY STAND UP!"

Question. Should the bit below the head be hollow? It kind of looks like there's a bit missing on mine as I can see inside to the joints. I'm guessing they shaved off a bit of cost by doing that.

Another question, can anyone point me to a comic strip image or some concept art where we get an idea of scale?

Reaction score
I've just bought one of these tonight. It's the first Hasbro Star Wars vehicle I've bought in ages, and it's looking like it might be the last as there's nothing else on the horizon I'm interested in.

Anyway, it's a very nice item for what it is. I find myself glad they skimped on the leg articulation as it means it can actually stand up.

They should have put that on the box.

Instead of "FIRING MISSILE LAUNCHER!" it should say "CAN ACTUALLY STAND UP!"

Question. Should the bit below the head be hollow? It kind of looks like there's a bit missing on mine as I can see inside to the joints. I'm guessing they shaved off a bit of cost by doing that.

Another question, can anyone point me to a comic strip image or some concept art where we get an idea of scale?
Glad you like the vehicle - it's the first new SW vehicle I've gotten since 2010 (the last one I got befor this was the excellent Cloud Car from ESB) & agree that the non-articulated legs are great; don't mind them at all, especially since I hate dealing with the AT-ST's legs & their balance issues.

The AT-DP isn't in front of me right now, so I can't answer the question re: the head; That being said, I do remember the head being primarily hollow.

Re: the source material that this vehicle may be taken from, here's a good link - look at the image at the top of the page - note this is the cover of "Star Wars Classic #1", which was a series that Dark Horse comics reprinted in the early '90's; these comics reprinted the '80's Star Wars newspaper strips by Al Williamson & Archie Goodwin:

Classic Star Wars #1 - The Bounty Hunter of Ord Mantell (part 1) (Issue)

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Thanks for that. I've got that comic somewhere so I'll go hunting. Good place to start.

Reaction score
Found one at TRU, box was pretty beaten up and it was loose inside and already assembled. There was a small AT-DP inside the box(from those command sets they sell). Not sure what was up with that, may of been display piece, was complete and unbroken but minus the small decal sheet. Was a good find though, now I got two of these.

Reaction score
I got one of these and besides the hollow legs, the thing stands! I like it.