AT-DP

Reaction score
My Hoth AT-ST from Target had its articulation fall apart. We could pretty much never get it to stand and when we did, a slight touch would cause it to collapse. So I guess that implementing articulation so poorly the last time has caused me to prefer its absence this time around. Sharp Move big H!

Still this is a nice looking walker, so I likely will bite and get it.

Reaction score
Why wasnt the driver shown ?
that's one of hasbro's long-time signature move..release a vehicle w/o driver/pilot available...release a diver/pilot w/o a vehicle to operate. tbs biggs and tvc cloud car pilot and thier respective ships are recent exceptions (although the tvc x-wing wasnt named as bigg's but the red3 markings lend itself to be bigg's ride)

Reaction score
$24.99, from GH:

Though I think that along with the price increase comes a return to a larger size; I've seen a few pics of the SL figures in the same frame as the ships, especially the Inquisitor's TIE Advanced, and they don't seem to be scaled down like the Class II vehicles of the past year or so are.
My eyes deceived me---I was wrong about the size of the ships; they do appear to be on the smaller, scaled-down side. Rebelscum's front page has a pretty great gallery here where you can see The Phantom and the Inquisitor's TIE in somebody's hand, along with some much more detailed pics of those two ships, and some of the Rebels figures. The $5 increase in price is a bummer, but I'm still in for a set.

Reaction score
My eyes deceived me---I was wrong about the size of the ships; they do appear to be on the smaller, scaled-down side. Rebelscum's front page has a pretty great gallery here where you can see The Phantom and the Inquisitor's TIE in somebody's hand, along with some much more detailed pics of those two ships, and some of the Rebels figures. The $5 increase in price is a bummer, but I'm still in for a set.
Yeah, I think you're right there. On reflection that walker is probably tiny. I think there is just enough room for one figure in the cockpit.

It will still be nice to get a concept vehicle though.

Reaction score
Hard to tell on the vehicles, I didn't they looked that scaled down but maybe they are. Either way, I like these.

I also like the "Please do not touch" image followed up by a pic of the TIE being held. :awesome:

Reaction score
Yeah, I think you're right there. On reflection that walker is probably tiny. I think there is just enough room for one figure in the cockpit.

I says somewhere that it seats one figure with one standing behind it. Don't ask me where I read that though, no idea.

Reaction score
I never got the last AT-ST (still bummed about that; passed on it for 'reasons' the two times I saw it, then never saw it again), but at least there was some articulation. It really shouldn't be that difficult for them to articulate the damn legs on this thing. Easy pass because of that alone. Put some ratchet joints on 'em like on many a Transformer, and call it done!

Reaction score
I'm pumped for this vehicle, I've loved that concept design for years. And the driver is fantastic, a nice cross between AT-AT, AT-ST and TIE pilot. Wil definately be getting this, the driver, Inquisitor and the Inquisitor TIE. Hoping to see more great Imperial things from the show.

Reaction score

That's good because I'm running out of room.

Mind you the Inquisitor's ship looks like it's got a full scale cockpit. It's just it's a small ship anyway and doesn't have the big wings of the standard TIE. Personally in the show I hope he dies by his ship getting shot by a bow and arrow from a baby ewok. Just for having a stupid ship, stupid saber and stupid outfit and even THINKING he could be allowed to hunt down Jedi.

After he kills Freddie Prinze Jnr.

Reaction score
T
Mind you the Inquisitor's ship looks like it's got a full scale cockpit. It's just it's a small ship anyway and doesn't have the big wings of the standard TIE. Personally in the show I hope he dies by his ship getting shot by a bow and arrow from a baby ewok.
One of the early clips for the show has the "streetwise" brat character shooting a slingshot at a crashed TIE Fighter...

Reaction score
I really like this one. I'll get one for sure and if I really like, who knows how many after that.

Reaction score
put me down for a small squad of 4-6 depending on price. these will look great in a Hoth, Endor or even Tatoonie setting.

Reaction score
I might have gotten this one if the legs were articulated but with out that I have lost interest, but it looks good nice in the pics

Reaction score
I says somewhere that it seats one figure with one standing behind it. Don't ask me where I read that though, no idea.
Ok, after looking at the pic that makes sense. I think the driver sits forward and the other figure stands in the hatch. That would be cool.

I thinking this is one that I'll be getting more than one. Like somebody said, it can be used in multiple settings.

Reaction score
Ok, after looking at the pic that makes sense. I think the driver sits forward and the other figure stands in the hatch. That would be cool.

I thinking this is one that I'll be getting more than one. Like somebody said, it can be used in multiple settings.
I found this photo taken at the Rebels presentation last year of the cockpit interior, I wonder if the toy cockpit will be the same?

Reaction score
I mostly want this toy because it featured in the very early SW comic strips by Al Williamson where it chased Luke and Leia while they were scouting out a new planet for the Rebel base :)

Plus I just love the whimsy that the Imperials use walkers, sure tanks would be more practical, but walkers are just part of what makes SW the great fantasy it is :D

Reaction score
It looks like if you click the legs back, making the top leg bar parallel to the cockpit, it would shorten the height and look a little bulkier and intimidating (in my opinion).

I'm just trying to visualize how that would have cockpit facing since it would change the overall angle. Probably time to get some sleep since I can't wrap my mind around that image and I saw the pic 2 minutes ago.

Reaction score
I love this thing. Not sure if I'll get it, but I love the clean lines and design work - and it looks like a rad toy.

Reaction score
I found this photo taken at the Rebels presentation last year of the cockpit interior, I wonder if the toy cockpit will be the same?

Unlikely, given the cockpit's gotta be designed with 5POA (or 6/7/8 if wrists & waist swivel) figures in mind. Forget about the back seat entirely, it'll be for a standing guy at best… and obviously a lot of the detail would be gone from the driver's seat & controls, judging by the Inquisitor's TIE interior.

I might have gotten this one if the legs were articulated but with out that I have lost interest, but it looks good nice in the pics
It's a nice statue. While I admit 'motion' poses would be difficult with balance issues, the fact the legs are so limited is a massive mark against this. I skipped the recent AT-RTs for the same reason. Would be a simple matter to add ratchets for each joint…and probably not all that expensive.

Reaction score
Would be a simple matter to add ratchets for each joint…and probably not all that expensive.
they did that with the last two releases of the AT-ST and many people complained about joint failure, I'm fairly sure thats why they avoided it this time around, that and the whole rebels line seems to be bare minimum toys at best

Reaction score
I picked up the 1st release of the CW AT-RT (1 man scout walker from ep III) and, it's cool, but I think it's the perfect vehicle that could have received full leg articulation without having to worry about collapse due to it's lack of significant weight in upper area.

From the look of this one's cockpit in relation to size of legs I think they could have made full articulation work here, they're just "done" with articulation. (Hopefully not forever).

Reaction score

With Hasbro taking away leg articulation, it would be hard to sit a SWR figure in the driver's seat. His feet would be hitting the controls.

Reaction score
NO articulation???

WTF, Hasbro?!

Clearance item buy at best for me now.

Reaction score
It does look cool, and something I would have bought. If it more articulation. I'm already losing interest quickly enough, that I don't buy like I used too. So doing this to to something I may have bought, puts it right into the non buy column.