AT-AT Driver - BD49

Reaction score
I got the "helmeted" version of the AT-AT Driver a few weeks ago.

I found the "unhelmeted" version first, but really wanted the one with the helmet on. It represents the character's "true" appearance in TESB, and makes it seem more "complete" to me. If I had found the "helmeted" figure first, then I probably wouldn't have bothered seeking the helmetless version.

However, thanks to the PT, Hasbro has the option of portraying Imperial stormtroopers of every specialty sans helmets, which is cool, too, for many reasons. It's just unfortunate that the "barebones" AT-AT Driver looks so dull in its gray jumpsuit and white trim. All the color is on the helmet and its attached breathing apparatus.

Reaction score
Found one of these on the pegs last night for the first time & picked him up (mainly for the HK-50 torso). The helmet looks too narrow & elongated to me. Has anyone tried boiling it & squishing it down a bit so it's less boxy?

edit: well, i just did the above, and think it looks much much better now. the slightest adjustment made the biggest difference on the whole figure.

Reaction score
Please Forgive me if this has been asked/explained/obvious...but...what is he talking about.."Legacy Red AT AT driver" ?!?!?!?

From Jedi Temple Archives:

2) he collector media only got a brief look at what's coming in the Saga Legends line at Toy Fair. One figure that a number of troop builders are hoping that may return in this lineup is the Legacy Red AT-AT Driver. It's been tough to come by, but would certainly complement the new AT-AT that's on the way

Reaction score
Julythrunov said:
Please Forgive me if this has been asked/explained/obvious...but...what is he talking about.."Legacy Red AT AT driver" ?!?!?!?

From Jedi Temple Archives:

2) he collector media only got a brief look at what's coming in the Saga Legends line at Toy Fair. One figure that a number of troop builders are hoping that may return in this lineup is the Legacy Red AT-AT Driver. It's been tough to come by, but would certainly complement the new AT-AT that's on the way
"Legacy Red" refers to the current packaging.

Reaction score
vlai44 said:
Found one of these on the pegs last night for the first time & picked him up (mainly for the HK-50 torso). The helmet looks too narrow & elongated to me. Has anyone tried boiling it & squishing it down a bit so it's less boxy?

edit: well, i just did the above, and think it looks much much better now. the slightest adjustment made the biggest difference on the whole figure.
Got a pic, man?

Reaction score
Found one myself really good figure now if I can get the New AT-AT I'll be set. Does anyone know when its suppose to come out by the way?

Reaction score
Awesome thank you Spookymufu now I have two reasons to look forward to August now this and CELEBRATION V!

Reaction score
OdinsDad said:
vlai44 said:

Got a pic, man?
here ya go:

Reaction score
I think I'm gonna go ahead and pic one of these up, invade I get the new AT-AT. In order to have two drivers. Plus he is a pretty nice looking figure.

Reaction score
Found a good version of this guy; opened him and was not disappointed at all. Great articulation, and looks great next to the Snowtrooper I've got.

Boiling the head is an interesting trick to make the helmet less boxy; may try that out.

Reaction score
Finally got this AT-AT Driver not only to have the figure but also to get the gosh darn torso piece for HK-50. The bugger along with the head and right leg are a helluva hard to get

Reaction score
Finally got this AT-AT Driver not only to have the figure but also to get the gosh darn torso piece for HK-50. The bugger along with the head and right leg are a helluva hard to get
Good! So hopefully this ends the 8 post Shutzie saga on several different threads on getting the HK-50 torso, stay tuned for the next 8 posts when he receives his part in a few days.

Reaction score
I picked up the helmet off variant the other week, from a collector buddy who was offloading his collection. This has the HK-50 Torso droid part packed in.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow, can't believe it's been nearly 9 years since this figure was released. Anyways, I recently got the SW OT Costumes book. First of all, it is a wonderful book and I highly recommend it to any hardcore OT fans! Lots of cool info and great pics. But something caught my eye in it that I had never seen nor heard of before. Apparently the AT-T Driver's armor was painted black for the Emperor's arrival scene according to the book. It doesn't state that the prop was ever used in the film, but I have never seen it. I have scoured the internet for BHTS pics and also studied the scene on bluray and honestly I don't think it ever appeared on-screen. It probably was something the props department thought of, but then the idea never actually got used.

Anyways, I thought it was cool and wasn't sure if anyone had heard about this before. I actually kind of want to make a custom now using this figure and painting him all black. What I wonder is if Lucas had decided to use that costume in the film would they have given him normal black boots and gloves like the gunners and TIE Pilots instead of the snow boots and thermal gloves. Probably? So I may use the TIE Pilot figure's legs and lower arms instead.

Reaction score
back in '81 when I got the at-at driver figure, I didn't have an at-at so my at-at driver became the TIE pilot substitute until summer '82 when the real TIE pilot was finally released.