AT-AT Driver - BD49

Reaction score
Well, If the BAT AT holds 6 in its command area, I can now fuill one up, I have 1 POTF, 2 SAGA and 3 legacy drivers, now I just need 6 more for a second BAT AT because Imma want 2 of them, fully crewed

Reaction score
Honestly I hated this figure in the pictures, but once I saw it in the store and now that I have it in hand....I must say that I truly love the figure. Better than the Saga version!

Reaction score
This guys grown on me. Standing next to the Saga figure, he fits in pretty well, which is cool. I like that the colors match up nicely.

Reaction score
Is the helmet-on/helmet-off packaging variation pretty even? I finally got a second one of these to open, and got home and noticed the two different package variations and because I'm a compulsive freak, I don't want to open either now...!

KBD3

Reaction score
I've only seen the helmet-on version at retail. Then again, I've never seen more than one of this guy (just like most every figure from the ESB wave) on the pegs at a time.

Reaction score
OK -- I will not open either for now. Whatever the next one I see on the shelf is, I will grab it and open it, but I want to be sure I have two carded versions, one of each packaging variation.

Yes, I am that compulsive freak that will buy three of the same figure just for this reason. Hasbro just loves people like me...

KBD3

Reaction score
I got helmet-off version first, so my gut is telling me that will be the more rare one.

Glad you guys are also freaks like me.

KBD3

Reaction score
I had found the helmet off version, and had no problem opening it. I used to be super crazy about variants, however not anymore (sans Luke Jedi, I try to get as many variants as I can.)

Reaction score
This may have already been brought up, but some have mentioned the "movie inaccuate" helmet not having the red stripe in the back. However, last night we were watching TESB and I noticed that once again there is no consistency in the movie.

The scenes where Gen. Veers is shown with the two AT-AT drivers you can clearly see the back of their helmets and that they DO NOT have red stripes. The only time you see red stripes on the back of the AT-AT driver helmets is when they are shown shooting Rebel troops, then it cuts quickly to Gen. Veers. Either this is a movie inconsistency or the AT-AT drivers with the red stripes are in a different AT-AT.

I can post pics if someone needs to actually see the proof, or just go check out the movie for yourself.

Wasn't going to pick this one up, but I ran across another one (helmet off); so I bought it.

Jason

Reaction score
Finally broke down and bought two of these. Awesome figure! I didn't think we needed a new version so soon after the Saga 2 update, but with the improved articulation and sculpt, I gotta say Hasbro made a great decision to make the definitive AT-AT driver.

The only thing that's a shame is, as others have pointed out, the weak paint apps on the helmet - arguably the most important part of a figure like this! I managed to find myself with a decent application, but I consider myself pretty lucky to have come across one like that, considering how rare they are.

Reaction score
you made the right decision it looks like going forward the helmet on will be the one out, At least judging by the date stamp the helmet off is older.

Reaction score
The white background of TLC cards really works well with this figure. I had to get a second AT-AT Driver so I could have one carded.

Reaction score
So sick of this removable helmet business. Maybe I'm just bitter at the ripe old age of 22, but does everything have to be a clone? It's getting old.

Reaction score
meh_cd said:
So sick of this removable helmet business. Maybe I'm just bitter at the ripe old age of 22, but does everything have to be a clone? It's getting old.
I agree with you. I'd prefer OT figures not to have PT heads.

Reaction score
trevagg said:
meh_cd said:
Is it really that big of deal when you can make 2 sets of people happy at once. Put the helmet on and put a sock in it!

Reaction score
I just got them today:

Here's my solution:

This figure is actually pretty awesome! Highly detailed and much better sculpt and articulation that the saga version.

Here is where he will stay until they board their new AT-AT:

Reaction score
phantomrs said:
trevagg said:
meh_cd said:
Is it really that big of deal when you can make 2 sets of people happy at once. Put the helmet on and put a sock in it!
I get what you're saying. And I usually end up forgetting about the PT head after a while when all I see is the helmet. And, I'm glad that essentially both PT and OT camps are served by having a removable helmet. But I'm an OT purist, and my preference is that these OT figures are free of any retconning, whether it's visible or not. Still, I'm not at all demanding that Hasbro change their current (likely Lucasfilm-mandated) policy on troopers. It's not a dealbreaker for me or anything like that.

All that being said...the AT-AT Driver is one of my favorite figures of the Legacy line.

Reaction score
I take back all of the negative things that I said about this figure. I bought it today, and I absolutely love it!

Reaction score
AdmiralScreed said:
I take back all of the negative things that I said about this figure. I bought it today, and I absolutely love it!

This figure definitely has the power to change minds. I really hated it when it was first unveiled at CC last July. Now I think it's one of my favorite figures from 2009!

Reaction score
Gambit said:
Darth_McBaine said:
well, I think the helmet is way too big and looks rather silly. The TSC one looks a lot better to me
It's accurate though. Those helmets were huge.
Yeah...kind of like the TIE fighter pilot helmets. They always seemed precariously big to me in the films.

Reaction score
trevagg said:
Gambit said:
Darth_McBaine said:
well, I think the helmet is way too big and looks rather silly. The TSC one looks a lot better to me
It's accurate though. Those helmets were huge.
Yeah...kind of like the TIE fighter pilot helmets. They always seemed precariously big to me in the films.
I think thats why I like them so much. They just seemed to make the pilots and in this case the AT AT drivers look like bad a$$es.

Reaction score
I can't find one with the helmet OFF! I see the other one all the time.

Reaction score
spawn44 said:
I'm pretty sure he was just in the first batch of that wave.

I have three all together and only the first was helmet off.

Reaction score
spawn44 said:
Yeah those are long gone, as is the variant on the concept snowtrooper.

GNT

Reaction score
Got my AT-AT driver the other day, helmet on in the bubble. He'll come in handy for the Big AT-AT Hasbro will be releasing this year.

Reaction score
Got this last week, nice figure. Gotta make the time to paint his head a lighter shade, maybe hair too, to de-clone him.

Not too crazy about how skinny his limbs are, and really don't like the grip on the hands... remove the plastic band, the blaster just sits in his right hand, if you tilt him it'll fall out.

Throw some Endor Luke blasters in his hands, though, he looks great

Reaction score
I found one when I got Cody and bought him. Sculpt-wise, he fails to the one from TSC. But this one poses better.

Had it been me in charge, I'd have just taken the arms from this figure and stuck them on TSC's figure. Kinda like the Clone Pilot from the evo set. Ah well. This one is still a fun toy and I will enjoy sticking him in the cockpit of my inevitable AT AT purchase.

The AT AT comes with one as well, right? I guess I'll have 3 when I get it. Is it common for AT ATs to have a spare driver somewhere on board?

Reaction score
It would be really interesting if they did indeed include the saga version.

If they DO include the saga version, I won't use him with our AT-AT since I've bought three legacy AT-AT Drivers...

He WILL however look nice on a shelf with other Imperials...

I don't have ANY saga AT-AT Drivers but have wanted one for a while.