AT-AT Driver - BD49

Reaction score
Re: AT-AT Driver - ESB Wave

Another wasted OT slot if you ask me. The Saga one was perfectly serviceable. So much so, I have to wonder if this will in fact be "new".

Reaction score

Cool, I guess. I'll buy one, but this does not knock my socks off. Would of rather had Toryn Far.

Reaction score

Huh. This seems kinda unnecessary, but perhaps the end result will somehow wow me. It is an odd choice.

Reaction score

Do we know for certain this is a new tool? It could be a Greatest Hits rerelease of the TSC figure too, conceivably. That would explain why current lists for the ESB wave contain seven figures in what should be a six figure wave anyways. I guess we'll find out real soon.

Reaction score

The 2006 figure was excellent.

If this parlays into a new AT-AT, I will be pleased. If not, this is a wasted figure slot.

Reaction score

GhostOfLunchBox said:
Another wasted OT slot if you ask me. The Saga one was perfectly serviceable. So much so, I have to wonder if this will in fact be "new".
The only upgrades this figure really 'needs' are a few POA and--inevitably--a removable helmet showing another boring old clone head in Hasbro's campaign to make every concealed-face Imperial a Jango.

Even though we've little to no evidence that AT-AT Drivers are any different from AT-ST Drivers when in temperate environments. Nor is there any good reason for them to be different, unless there's technical readouts in the HUD of an AT-AT Driver helmet that helps when operating such a big machine.

As to the articulation, I didn't miss it. Ankles might be nice, but his swivel elbows were great. I'd rather they keep those arms than saddle him with awkward ball-hinge elbow arms like the Imperial Pilot Legacy set's ROTS and TIE pilots got.

Reaction score

From the pictures it looks like it should be a GH release. Swivel elbows are still there, no changes over the last release.

Reaction score

ReverendStrone said:
Do we know for certain this is a new tool? It could be a Greatest Hits rerelease of the TSC figure too, conceivably. That would explain why current lists for the ESB wave contain seven figures in what should be a six figure wave anyways. I guess we'll find out real soon.
Hmm, looks like he might indeed be new after all. Not one that really demanded a new figure, but perhaps seeing him here adds credence to the possible AT-AT retool rumour? Maybe the R2 droid is the GH figure of this line-up?

Reaction score

hmmm...was really hoping this one would be a hold-out for the return of the vintage style cards. Looks like a good figure though. Already got a bunch of the TSC version, so I may only get a couple of this one.

Reaction score

Didn't really need an upgrade but i believe that means he will comme with BJ everywhere.

Reaction score

Looks great! Though, I already have two POTF II AT-AT Drivers manning my Hoth AT-AT.
So until Hasbro releases an upgraded version of the walker I have no need to pick up any extra drivers.

Reaction score

You have to be kidding me...No, you're not. I'll add to the opinion that another AT-AT driver is completely unnecessary. I quite liked the Saga II version.

Reaction score

it looks over-sized so i think you're right. it's different enough for me to warrant a purchase.

Reaction score

royalguard96 said:
The 2006 figure was excellent.

If this parlays into a new AT-AT, I will be pleased. If not, this is a wasted figure slot.
Agreed. I really like the TSC figure, but maybe Hasbro has something up there sleeves yet...

Reaction score

I like the update. Also hated the swivel elbows and short height of TSC AT-AT driver.

this picture is filled with great figures....zuckuss, concept snowtrooper, snow speeder luke, hk-50, oh my.

oh---and the future hands down pegwarmer ice cream maker.

Reaction score

BoomBot said:
You have to be kidding me...No, you're not. I'll add to the opinion that another AT-AT driver is completely unnecessary. I quite liked the Saga II version.
Stop thinking like a collector and pretend like you're a kid instead; this release makes PERFECT sense to me if it's true that a Big AT-AT is right around the corner
Kids and parents are going to want them to drive that badboy, but not want to shop on eBay to find them.

Reaction score

I know someone said earlier that it had swivel elbows but his left elbow sure looks like a ball joint to me & it is definitely darker. The last one was my favorite figure to come out that year but I will probably get this one too.

Reaction score

king_d said:
BoomBot said:
Stop thinking like a collector and pretend like you're a kid instead; this release makes PERFECT sense to me if it's true that a Big AT-AT is right around the corner
Kids and parents are going to want them to drive that badboy, but not want to shop on eBay to find them.
...that's what Saga Legends are for

Heaven knows we need SOMETHING to replace Saesee Tiin's permanent spot in every wave of Saga Legends. Everyone's about had their fill of AOTC SA Clones, now, too... and Sandtroopers.

Reaction score
G

Great improvment from the Saga 2 version, I will sell my other two and pick up two of these.

Reaction score

I'm sold.

Loved the last one, & the pics of the new one look smashing!
Nice upgrades, removable helmet? Anyway, real glad about this guy getting a another run!

Reaction score

Because the re-did this figure, it just screams new AT-AT in 2010. The TSC one was fine already. I'll be picking this one up.

Although I do agree with Lunchbox, it is almost a wasted slot since the last one was good enough.

Reaction score

Really liked the SAGA2 versions. Don't think they needed to do anything extra with this figure, but since they did, I'll probably pick up at least one of it (maybe two).

GNT

Reaction score
Re: AT-AT Driver - BD**

Sucks that Hasbro still haven't been able to do an accurate helmet colour yet but looks ok. Not huge on my wanted list.

Reaction score

The gray color of the actual film prop isn't really all that gray though and they look pretty close to white on screen, so I'm not all that bothered by the color difference. It's so subtle.

Reaction score

Ok, was wrong about it being a GH or just being the old mold. That said, give me a better Veers and give it to me right now. None of that removable chest armor BS either. I want a really well done, accurate deco figure.

Reaction score

i think the figure turned out great. i didn't like the swivel elbows on the old one, so just ball elbows is enough for me to get it.

Reaction score

I thought the last one was fine, but can't have too many troops. I'll pick up one of this guy.

Reaction score

I totally fine with my Saga one, but this guy looks pretty good, I may build my squad up from 2 to 4.

Reaction score

Suprised they would update this one. Unless there is a new AT-AT on the way. Either way still looks good and worth picking up.