AT-AT Driver #009

Reaction score
Re: AT-AT driver

I'm guessing it is resculpted. That is a pretty good looking set. Is it an EE exclusive?

Reaction score

I just like how they have the Cheers Trooper in there...

Was getting kind of worried that there wasn't going to be a Saga 2 figure besides the Leia Boussh that I'd want but with this, what does appear to be a brand new AT-AT driver, it looks like I'll have to get a couple.

Reaction score

That AT-AT Driver has to be new. It is a huge improvement over the last one from POTF2. I will defiantely be grabbing this one.

Dom

Reaction score

Im sure he has a bit of tie pilot in there somewhere

GNT

Reaction score
Re: AT-AT Driver #9

Regardless it looks pretty sweet in that picture!

Weren't the AT-AT drivers all white though?

Reaction score

Victor_Von_Doom said:
I'm guessing it is resculpted. That is a pretty good looking set. Is it an EE exclusive?
No. It's from the Saga Collection which means every toy seller is gonna sell em.

Reaction score

GNT said:
Regardless it looks pretty sweet in that picture!

Weren't the AT-AT drivers all white though?
Nope he is screen accurate. A very nice resculpt much like the TIE Pilot was back in 04.

Looks like he will have ball jointed knees under those straps but only swival shoulders and biceps. Still awesome though.

Reaction score

Nice! Finally a rehash of a good figure.
I thought they forgot all about this character.

Reaction score

Agreed... AT-AT Driver looks brilliant..... the best looking SAGA figure so far. On the whole not a bad wave at all.

Reaction score

Jonny_Rotten said:
No Ball jointed shoulders or elbows, un-freaking believable.
Calm down, these are just pretoypes, hopfully It will have ball jointed shoulders and elbows, but if it doesnt worse stuff has happened. At least he looks good, and is much better than the old at-at pilots.

GNT

Reaction score

I must be thinking of this picture where the whole suit is white:

Reaction score

buda741 said:
Jonny_Rotten said:
Calm down, these are just pretoypes, hopfully It will have ball jointed shoulders and elbows, but if it doesnt worse stuff has happened. At least he looks good, and is much better than the old at-at pilots.
Protos or not, I don't think any thing drastic will change in the sculpts. By the time the image is released, different paint apps are all we can expect.

I agree though, he looks incredible! Besides, how articulated does he have to be to sit in an AT-AT?

Reaction score

He's looking a bit odd at the moment, maybe it's the pose or lighting. Nonetheless, I'll definately be picking up a few.

Reaction score

Heres hoping the re-release the AT-AT vehicle so that this awesome looking figure has something to drive!

Reaction score

This figure is easily my favorite of all the new figures so far.

I can't wait to get this one.

Reaction score

Well his legs do seem to be close enough together to be able to sit in something... The wave does include resculpts of the two figure released with the AT-AT... Maybe Hasbro will release some kind of bizarre AT-AT minirig!

-I'd probably buy it

Reaction score

Now THAT is an AT-AT Driver!
Took Hasbro a decade (a quarter of a century if you count vinatge) to get this one right. But it looks like they did.
Will be getting it to say the least.

My hope is that they recylcled the ROTS Clone Pilot legs so that he can sit down (which is what they primarily do, right?)

Reaction score

GNT said:
I must be thinking of this picture where the whole suit is white:

The suit isn't white. The pic is just washed out and overexposed making it look all white. You can still see a slight difference in tone between the jumpsuit and the white armor.

Reaction score

They outdid the POTF2 Driver, who has really held up pretty well for the past seven years.

Glad I never found it though, as this one is a remarkable improvement.
  • Hanging pant straps.
  • White boots.
  • Accurately dimensioned helmet.
  • Finer paint apps.
  • Thinner oxygen tubes.

Reaction score

The hanging straps are the biggest improvement. He looks like an excellent sculpt to finally replace my ATAT exclusive.

Sev

Reaction score

Darth_Tedious said:
Protos or not, I don't think any thing drastic will change in the sculpts. By the time the image is released, different paint apps are all we can expect.
Well look at the final 12 ROTS protos. The final Productions were WAY different.

Reaction score

He is pretty cool i hope he stays the same way (dont want dont want hasbro to pull anymore 501st [censored] again)

Reaction score

Sev said:
Darth_Tedious said:
Well look at the final 12 ROTS protos. The final Productions were WAY different.
One figure was a bit different, the Tactical Ops Trooper, and the only thing that changed was the mold they used on the final product.

Gree was simply a matter of his helmet paint scheme being altered a bit. Those two are the only changes I can think of that were truly noticable or stood out.

All the others were basically no different from their pre-production shots or the proto's used at Comic-Con. Holo Aayla, Holo Plo, R4-P17, the two Seperatists, the two Wookiees, Grievous' Guard and the Neimoidian Commander didn't change a bit.

But sure, its expected that some changes may occur, it sometimes happens, but I can't imagine anything too dramatic happening. Even if any paint apps are altered, I don't imagine they'd be altered enough to ruin any of the figures to a point where you can't tell Derlin is Derlin or the AT-AT Driver is an AT-AT Driver. Thats near impossible.

Reaction score

I'm happy to get a resculpt of this guy. This should dbe the last one they ever need to sculpt so the next time we get a Hoth wave, we get a new SA Snowtrooper.

Reaction score

I liked he old POTF2 version, but this one blows it away.

Reaction score

By far the best figure of the bunch. The sculpt looks really nice and years beyond the first version. Finally a good looking figure..

Jason West

Uttini
"ONE BAD JAWA BOUNTY HUNTER".

Wanted: Jawas of any kind.
Jawa Collection Pics

Reaction score

i never got the potf2 version nor the vintage version when i was a kid and so i'll definitely want to pick up one or two of these guys!

Reaction score

Darth_Tedious said:
buda741 said:
Jonny_Rotten said:

I agree though, he looks incredible! Besides, how articulated does he have to be to sit in an AT-AT?
maybe he wants to reach for his cup off coffee in the cup holder beside him.

GNT

Reaction score

Blight_Nightmare said:
The hanging straps are the biggest improvement. He looks like an excellent sculpt to finally replace my ATAT exclusive.
Hope they are bendy so he can sit. Aren't those the same ones that GDutch and the new wedge have?

Sev

Reaction score

Looks good from the picture. If it has ROTS Clone Pilot articulation, I'll get it.

Reaction score

I think i will be picking up a couple of these, i can't wait to see pics of them loose!

A definate and welcome improvement over the previous POTF2 version.

Reaction score

They did a great job with this one. I will be getting a couple to open and one to leave in the card.
I like the Hoth line. they all look really nice.