AT-ACT Walker

GNT

Reaction score
MORE BREAKING NEWS! New 3.75" Hasbro Plans Uncovered!

The simple five points of articulation line of single (maybe or maybe not a return of Build A Weapon and Armor Up) and Two-Packs return for Rogue One. And as of right now, they hold the same price points as The Force Awakens line look. No info has been intercepted on the super-articulated 3.75" line, but we imagine Hasbro may release another five or so figures for this year too. (sigh....)
There is a huge vehicle coming for the Fall. Right now, it's loosely described (in code perhaps) as a 3.75" Star Wars Signature Set and will retail somewhere between $289.99 and $299.99. It may or may not come with pack-in figures, but that information is sketchy at the moment. Our sources strongly believe that it's possible this could be an AT-AT vehicle (as leaked by Toy Ark around Toy Fair) while others have suggested a playset like the Death Star (but that could be a stretch). Whatever it is, it's honestly a little bit early fuzzy to lock down at the moment. No matter what it is, it is certainly expensive and hopefully will be HUGE.
Thoughts on what this could possibly be?

Reaction score
Please be Death Star Playset! Please be Death Star Playset! Please be Death Star Playset! Please be Death Star Playset!

Reaction score
A sail barge would be awesome though i'm not holding my breath. At that scale, for $300, i can't see much other than a DS playset unless we are talking more than one vehicle.

Reaction score
I wouldn't be crying myself to sleep if its a Death Star. Or a Sail Barge. Or a Star Destroyer.

Reaction score
i hope that it's not an AT-AT, like they seem to think. Because $290 is a bit steep for that vehicle. Also, it's not specified as Saga specific. So it could very well be an OT vehicles, even though it will hit during RO merchandising.
Surely it's not a RO vehicle, too early to take that big of gamble. I could probably live with a Sail Barge at that price point.

Reaction score
i hope that it's not an AT-AT, like they seem to think. Because $290 is a bit steep for that vehicle. Also, it's not specified as Saga specific. So it could very well be an OT vehicles, even though it will hit during RO merchandising.
Surely it's not a RO vehicle, too early to take that big of gamble. I could probably live with a Sail Barge at that price point.
Don't quote me but didn't Hasbro say the BMF today would retail at $500 or so?

So who knows what it could be. Weren't there rumors of a nerf gun firing moving AT-AT of some kind? The way Hasbro is now, it seems more likely it'll be kid oriented than collector oriented (though if they were smart, they would design it to be both).

My guess? Giant 5POA AT-AT.

(Hasbro I'm kidding. Pleased don't do that).

Reaction score
Which, of course, is patently ridiculous. That thing retailed for $150 8 years ago, there's no WAY Hasbro's costs have gone up that much in that little time.

Reaction score
if it were an at-at, i kinda would be ok if they "barrowed" from an old kenner idea that got canned before production..however, i'm not ok w/ $300 price

Reaction score
I wonder if instead of a single vehicle it might be something along the lines of a force type thing. Like a Death Star turret and crew and an X-Wing and Y-Wing.

One thing I'd like to see is a Sandcrawler/Lars homestead set with the Lars house, Luke, Owen, Beru, and a crapton of droids and Jawas. Or Luke's garage with the two landspeeders, hopper, and droid oil bath.

Or a really detailed Dagobah set with the hut, tree, and the five figures (Luke, Yoda, R2, Ghost Ben, Decapitated Vader).

Or a cantina set with a bunch of aliens we haven't seen in years. When was the last time we got the bartender?

As much as I like the various AT-ATs we've gotten over the years, I'm not really looking forward to yet another AT-AT or X-Wing, especially if it's just another repack or repaint.

Reaction score
I may consider a Ghost or Death Star at that price point. Maybe. Most likely the price will drop though. And most likely it will not be something cool.

Reaction score

This is what leads me to think you're right about it being the Nerf AT-AT. Why would Hasbro go out of there way and finally make a Death Star Playset now, when they've decided to go cheap on everything else.

Would I love a DS playset? Of course I would, but I'm just not ready to believe that Hasbro would actually make one after years of dismissing playsets. heck, they couldn't even come up with a playset for TFA.

I think that the amount that's Floating around is what Hasbro wants People to pay for a redone AT-AT with the nerf gun. If hasbro believes that the BMF (which would only Need to be produced) would cost about $500, then I'm sure a newly-purposed AT-AT would have to go for about the Price.

I'm not getting my hopes up because this is typical Hasbro. Lots of hype for nothing. Also, we don't even know if we'll actually see the DS itself in the film. The agents are only supposed to steal the plans and they may not even come into contact with the DS itself. There could be some Scenes of the imperials there, but I don't know if the DS will make a big appearance in RO.

Reaction score
The only reason the BMF sells for $500 is because it is not for sale any more. The few people that really really really want one will pay and drive up the price. But in a reatail setting the number of people who "really really really" want one are are stilling to spend $500 for one at target is pretty low. At $300 unless its in really limited quanities, or has over the top features that make people want to throw their 2008 BMF into the trash, I can't see this new item being too much of a commercial success.

But I am eager to see what it is and I might start a small savings account for it now.

Reaction score
It'll be the rumoured nerf'd AT-AT with the rumoured nerf'd A-Wing, plus some figures and loosely tied to Rogue 1.

Reaction score
I really don't get the Nerf angle. Do adult collectors really want deformed/oversized vehicles or accessories that are Nerf launchers? Are parents really going to drop 300 bucks on an exclusive Nerf toy for their kids? I understand Hasbro not wanting to tool a brand new vehicle or playset because of the costs involved so rehashing an existing mold makes sense, but is anyone out there really telling Hasbro, I got 300 bucks and want a Nerf shooting AT-AT!"

Who is the real market for this?

Reaction score
We've gotten some good AT-ATs and those things take up a lot of space to display. I don't want another one. I have zero interest in playsets either. I'd rather see Kylo's ship, Jabba's Sail Barge, or the Sandcrawler. I don't think any of those are likely though.

Reaction score
I'd like to see a good Bespin freezing chamber if we're going playset route. Throw in an ugnaught or two and a Bespin guard. We haven't seen those figures in a while.

Reaction score
I didn't mention a big Sandcrawler even though it's on my dream list. Just didn't seem plausible to me.

I'd like to see Kylo Ren's ship, but I don't think it would translate out to $300, even if they did make it big.

Maybe it'll be a set with multiple new ships? That'd be something.

Reaction score
Pretty sure 300 bucks is about what a store exclusive or online scalp shop exclusive reissue of the BMF would go for with a newly tooled radar dish at most...possibly TFA electronics such as dialogue samples.... licensing media directly from a recently released blockbuster being what it is and all.

Reaction score
Maybe the Imperial Shuttle from Return of the Jedi is getting the BMF treatment. Perhaps it will be heavily featured in Rogue One.

Reaction score
Hmm, with the upcoming Rogue One maybe a Tantive IV Starship/playset? It was such a shame the Kenner model never got released, I have always loved the design of the ship and would like to have an action figure version. Failing that one of those First Order troop transports from TFA, which are also slated to appear in RO wouldn't go amiss either!

Reaction score
Hmm, with the upcoming Rogue One maybe a Tantive IV Starship/playset? It was such a shame the Kenner model never got released, I have always loved the design of the ship and would like to have an action figure version. Failing that one of those First Order troop transports from TFA, which are also slated to appear in RO wouldn't go amiss either!
I would love to see a Tantive IV...

Reaction score
Yeah I would go in for a tentative or the FO troop lander... possibly TWO of the trooper landers, how epic would THAT be in a display!

Reaction score
If not too gimmicky as the Republic Attack Shuttle was, i'd be up for a couple FO troop landers.

Reaction score
Where did this Hasbro saying the BMF would cost $500 now thing come from ?
That sounds a bit high...maybe $250
Was it reported anywhere?

Reaction score
Where did this Hasbro saying the BMF would cost $500 now thing come from ?
That sounds a bit high...maybe $250
Was it reported anywhere?
The Nerf AT-AT is coming.....that is guaranteed. And I believe(like the Falcon)it's a smaller new tool.

The fact that it(the Falcon)cost $129(or less) i can't reason the NAT-AT wouldn't be nearly $300.

Im curious/excited about what this could be.

A Death Star would be beyond awesome....even a LEGO stylized one. Or sell a hemisphere so you could theoretically double up(I'd gladly purchase two) to complete the sphere. All they'd have to do is have a non superlaser mod you could leave out so the finished sphere wouldn't look odd. Hinged or removable plates please.

It would go some way to appeasing us long suffering die hards after the years of horrible distribution,5POA regression,bubble snafus and NERF......or at least make us excited for the hobby again.

To quote another franchises captain.....MAKE IT SO!!!(Hasbro)

Darren

Reaction score
Would it be bad form to ask what you guys mean by a Nerf At At? I may or may not be interested as I have 2 POTF and the BAT AT... But what are you guys talking about NAT AT... it is discussed as if it were common knowledge.

Reaction score
I guess we should consider ourselves lucky that LFL/Disney doesn't own Nerf then.
They don't, but Hasbro DOES. And they make like 37 different kinds of Nerf guns, but when was the last time any of us saw a Nerf football or the little basketball set anywhere?

Reaction score
Would it be bad form to ask what you guys mean by a Nerf At At? I may or may not be interested as I have 2 POTF and the BAT AT... But what are you guys talking about NAT AT... it is discussed as if it were common knowledge.
What they mean is when Hasbro merges a Nerf dart launcher or something within the toy. Like they did with the new Millennium Falcon for The Force Awakens.

Reaction score
At this Point, with Hasbro withholding the 3.75" SA line to a US (and partial UK) release, my interest in Hasbro SW has sunk to a never-before-thought-possible-Level, so I don't know how I'd feel about a DS Playset.

I have the old one, but I've always thought a second try would be a lot of fun. Maybe seeing a new DS plaset would get me interested in Hasbro's products again. However, I just don't see Hasbro doing a DS at this Point. If they couldn't make a playset for TFA (the most anticipated film of the century), then why would they plan to make a huge playset for a one-off film?

I just refuse to get my hopes up for aynthing that we, collectors, would really like to see. Why on Earth would Hasbro change their methods and make a $300 playset for 3.75" figures when they spent the last few years trying to get us to collectors to Switch to 6" or just leave???

Also, if Hasbro actually made a DS playset, what message would that send? Assuming the most parents won't Shell out $300 for it, then the assumptions would be that the collector community has enough financial power to actually make this Thing successful, which would run completely counter to what Hasbro and many "collectors in the know" have been saying for the past 4 years.