Astromech Droid Focus Collectors

Reaction score
Damn, that's a hefty list of figures right there. I guess I've picked a bad to to temporarily suspend buying any more astromechs in favour of buying a studio scale "X-Wing Revisted" kit at a price I couldn't refuse.
Though it's off-topic, you could post a couple of pics to see this wonder you've bought! :D

pod

Reaction score
What? That Disneyland rumor is just crazy! I love it, but it is already making me squirm & clench thinking about what a huge pain it is going to be to collect such a bizarre offering from a theme park!

Reaction score
What? That Disneyland rumor is just crazy! I love it, but it is already making me squirm & clench thinking about what a huge pain it is going to be to collect such a bizarre offering from a theme park!

hopefully we can find people willing to pick up extras or we can order over the phone.

i am really worried about how much they will charge per piece

Reaction score
I've only just made the decision to buy it so I don't have it in my hands at the moment. That's still a few weeks away.

These are just some of the images available of this kit amd with just thse few images you can see how crisp all the detail is.

I have attached a couple of links if you want to see more of this kit but this is by no means cheap and of all the Studio Scale kits available this is the most expensive. But looking at all the images and the comments of everyone who has it it is money well spent. I hope you will agree with me.

New Studio Scale X-Wing Revisited

X-Wing Red 6 Build

Damn, that's a hefty list of figures right there. I guess I've picked a bad to to temporarily suspend buying any more astromechs in favour of buying a studio scale "X-Wing Revisted" kit at a price I couldn't refuse.
Though it's off-topic, you could post a couple of pics to see this wonder you've bought! :D

Reaction score
Please, if anyone could provide me with an R5-K6 unit at a fair price, please contact me... it's the last figure for my collection!! :D

Thank you all in advance! :)

pod

Reaction score
Rebelscum.com leaks the alleged droid parts available for the Build Your Own Droid madness at Star Wars Weekends. Interesting fact that there would be R6, R7, R8 and R9 series domes!:

R2 Unit Domes

- Silver w/ Blue Details
- Silver w/ Green Details
- Silver w/ Red Details
- Silver w/ Orange Details
- Red w/ Silver Details

R3 Unit Domes

- Clear w/ Red Details
- Clear w/ Purple Details

R4 Unit Domes

- Green w/ White Details
- White w/ Blue Details
- White w/ Purple Details

R5 Unit Domes

- Black w/ Silver Details
- White w/ Red Details
- White w/ Green Details

R6 Unit Domes

- White w/ Orange Details

R7 Domes

- Orange w/ Silver Details
- Silver w/ Blue Details

R8 Domes

- White w/ Black Details

R9 Domes

- Green w/ Silver Details
- Red w/ Silver Details
- Blue w/ Silver Details

R2 Trunks

- White w/ Blue Details
- White w/ Green Details
- White w/ Red Details
- White w/ Black Details
- Red w/ White Details
- Blue w/ Silver Details

R7 Trunks

- White w/ Black Details
- White w/ Blue Details

Right Legs

- White w/ Blue Details
- White w/ Red Details
- White w/ Green Details
- White w/ Black Details
- Red w/ Silver Details
- Blue w/ Silver Details

Left Legs

- White w/ Blue Details
- White w/ Red Details
- White w/ Green Details
- White w/ Black Details
- Red w/ Silver Details
- Blue w/ Silver Details

Middle Leg

- Blue w/ Silver Details
- Red w/ Silver Details
- White w/ Silver Details

Do remember that none of this information has been confirmed by Disney, Hasbro, or Lucasfilm, but our source does legitimately have access to this sort of information, and there is a very good chance that this is the real deal. Stay tuned for more information as it becomes available.

Source: Rebelscum.com: Disney Park's BYO Droid Bins & Something Cooler
Looking at the list more closely, the only new, 'canon' onscreen droids in this assortment would seem to be the orange R2 (Hoth Hangar), and the Imperial R5 (assuming its the other, unmade one from the Death Star II).

Here's an idea I had that I posted in another thread, but would seem more appropriate here:

What they *really* need to do is to make a battlepack the way I've been advocating since the late 90s:

Make a single, standard package that can fit one each of the R2, R3, R4, and R5 astromechs in an "exploded" style format, so that the buyer can see that the parts can be switched around. Then offer at least 2-3 different sets in one wave, with each set offering a set of droids in unique schemes. Play up the fact that you can switch the parts around between the different sets on the back of the packaging. Make the sets partly color-coordinated, like have a yellow R3 dome in one set, with a matching yellow body on an R2 droid in another set. Each set should have a black Imperial droid of a different type (whose domes can be switched), and a droid whose body is a solid color other than basic white (yellow, green, blue, etc). Each set should also feature at least one droid that was actually seen in a movie.

You could then do another set with the other 4 EU droids - R6, R7, R8, R9.

Reaction score
Please, if anyone could provide me with an R5-K6 unit at a fair price, please contact me... it's the last figure for my collection!! :D

Thank you all in advance! :)
I had no idea the crazy amounts this figure was going for... :wtf:

Reaction score
hopefully we can find people willing to pick up extras or we can order over the phone.

i am really worried about how much they will charge per piece
this is what my fear is... price point. but i love the idea and i hope its true...

Reaction score
i think over in The Legacy Collection thread someone suggested they should have just have a bucket of parts.

i could go for that, even just a bucket of random parts would be good.
it would have to an even number for each part though, 10 heads, 10 bodies...
( i do realize people will want matching colors but i just want extra parts)

Reaction score
POTF2.com has posted another pic of the alleged Hasbro Pilots Pack, in which appears Porkin's R5 astromech unit.

If you watch the droid's arm sockets closely, you'll guess it's a Build-A-Droid figure. Can anybody make out its name? R5-D1 perhaps???

Reaction score
I have a lot of astromechs (maybe 20) which I'll be selling once I get them out of storage and sorted out, PM me if anyone is interested and I'll get some pics together. I also have some some Built a Droid parts.

Reaction score
Reaction score
DROID SALE!

Shipping extra. B.A.D parts $3 each
PM me your email address for more pics

Reaction score
Well, I haven't heard back about the SS X-Wing yet so I thought I could get a couple more. I'd take most of them if I could but that may mean I can't get the X-Wing.
"A time for each thing in life there is, decide you must", Yoda would say ;) Welcome back!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I not only have one of pretty much every astromech, but I also have doubles of my favorite ones. I keep them stashed away like some kind of hidden treasure. Yeah, I have a sickness, lol. Here's a rare peek at 'em.B)

Reaction score
I not only have one of pretty much every astromech, but I also have doubles of my favorite ones. I keep them stashed away like some kind of hidden treasure. Yeah, I have a sickness, lol. Here's a rare peek at 'em.B)

You have arrived to the right place, Palps, where sickness becomes normality ;)

Reaction score
Just started collecting Astromechs about a month ago. I have about 11 so far. Went on ebay and picked up the following for a buy it now price of $24.00
R3-S6 (Goldie)
R2-X2
R4-M9
R4-M6-Mace's droid

I couldn't believe the price, the guy had several lots of 4 droids for $24 buy it now. I went back today to see what else he had and all of his astro auciton's had the 'buy it now' price removed. lol, guess he realized he was giving people too good of a deal. Too bad i was in for at least 3 or 4 lots.

Reaction score

Ooooooh, Lego astromechs! I love it! I never even though of trying to collect those. That's a very dangerous pic for me. :eek:

Reaction score
Yeah, the Lego astros are addictive. At first I only collected the movie style ones, but after a friend gave me Ahsoka's droid, I decided to collect the Clone Wars style ones as well. And now they have the R5 versions! Tis a very slippery slope, heh.

So what astromech do you guys want Hasbro to make the most at this point? For me, I really want them to finish what they started, and give us R2-A5, using the G9 mold.

Reaction score
Yesterday, I ordered Star Tours R3-D3 AND R5-D2 from fellow scummer.
------------------------
"He's no good to me dead."

Reaction score
Just picked up R3-T7, (yellowish green with a clear dome). Shipped for $5 from a fellow scummer.

I hope we get re-releases of some of the harder to find Droids, namely R5-K6. I haven't been able to find him anywhere for under $50. Hopefully the Disney BAD has that color scheme.

Reaction score
being a lazy astromech dome swapper, did any else notice that only R3-A2 & R3-M3 have totally different "guts"?

painted wires and a lot less details

Reaction score
How do you guys plan on aquiring the R2-711 from Japan that we see on the front page of the scum?

Because I am interested in getting one, just not paying an arm and a leg for one. Just figured maybe someone had to have an idea on that topic.

Reaction score
How do you guys plan on aquiring the R2-711 from Japan that we see on the front page of the scum?

Because I am interested in getting one, just not paying an arm and a leg for one. Just figured maybe someone had to have an idea on that topic.

well if it was an actual toy i might have tried to figure something out but it looks like it projects star on your ceiling and is 8 inches tall so i will pass.

i already have a hard time finding room for my R2 Pepsi cooler i got from a gas station

Reaction score
Well, either way, it looks pretty cool. I like the color scheme of it and matching the company promoting the product. Just a neat little trinket...

But I feel you, I have no idea where to put this R2 Mail Box I got off the street! It was just sitting there a couple of years ago. ha ha J/K (I WISH THESE WOULD COME UP FOR SALE)

Reaction score
moved 4 times since i got it back in '99 and lugging around is not fun but at least it has wheels.

i never saw any of the mailboxes. really doubt any will be up for sale at a gov auction.
they probably just repainted them all blue again

Reaction score

I am thinking the same thing! I definitely want one! For sure. Are there any fellow scummers from Japan?