Astromech Droid Focus Collectors

Reaction score
Probably a case of an executive saying.... "how many months does it normally take to sell though the regular limited edition droids?" & "...just make a month's worth!"

Reaction score
lol, perhaps. All I know is if they make another one next year, I'm grabbing a few to flip. Just two or three of those RN8W droids would fund my TVC purchases for the rest of the year! lol

Reaction score
I have an R2-RN8W that I'd be willing to trade. I'm not soliciting anyone but I've posted in the trade forum already.

Reaction score
hmmm.... I don't hate it but the creativity appears to be gone. A witches hat for $20...

Reaction score
Like the hat, but the Droid colours are a little to similar to the other red & black R6 parts.

I'm still waiting for solid yellow parts, they're the only ones we haven't had yet.

Reaction score
Like the hat, but the Droid colours are a little to similar to the other red & black R6 parts.

I'm still waiting for solid yellow parts, they're the only ones we haven't had yet.
We also have not had pink droids. My daughter has complained about the absence of pink.

Reaction score
hmmm.... I don't hate it but the creativity appears to be gone. A witches hat for $20...
That's what I like about it. It's not trying to look like some specific Halloween-related object (pumpkin, candy, etc.) Some of those previous ones were pretty corny looking, imo.

This is a plus in my book! Means more mix-n-match options with similar colored parts, such as the K6 dome. I admit that I would have preferred they went with orange instead of red. Orange and black being the two main colors people associate with Halloween.

We also have not had pink droids. My daughter has complained about the absence of pink.
TACR2KTFR.jpg

Reaction score
We do have R2-KT and QT-KT but nothing on the pink BADs. My daughter is only 9 and has gotten into droids (like her old man!) but likes to swap pieces, build, and play. Her favorite colors are white and pink. She has several BADs (a few white and purple) but laments the lack of pink. She gets upset BADs exist in her bother and my favorite colors but not hers.

Reaction score
We do have R2-KT and QT-KT but nothing on the pink BADs. My daughter is only 9 and has gotten into droids (like her old man!) but likes to swap pieces, build, and play. Her favorite colors are white and pink. She has several BADs (a few white and purple) but laments the lack of pink. She gets upset BADs exist in her bother and my favorite colors but not hers.
Sounds like she needs to learn the ways of customization, so she can have cooler toys than her brother!🎨🖌️🤖

Reaction score
If we actually got that droid... (Hint hint Disney if you want to toss us some random droids throughout the year) It would likely use existing parts & call it close enough.

Reaction score
I like the design, but it would require a completely new body to integrate the reactor. Did any of the Holiday droids ever use new parts?

If you mean unique body parts that were created specifically for the holiday droids, then no. So far they've only had newly tooled accessories, such as the various hats, mistletoe, etc.

Reaction score
If you mean unique body parts that were created specifically for the holiday droids, then no. So far they've only had newly tooled accessories, such as the various hats, mistletoe, etc.

Yeah. The mistletoe... I remember the CB-whatever from Resistance has gotten a new head from the previous BB releases, but that was never a holiday droid.

Of course, the reactor would be a must, either in circular or triangular form. With a real light, naturally. Without that feature, it would be difficult to recognize as Iron R2.

Reaction score
I'm surprised it hasn't happened already, crossover properties like that. I could see takes on all the Marvel Heroes in droid form. C3P-Hulk anyone?:p

Reaction score
Already available in the parks, so hopefully they hit shopdisney.com soon. Gonna need a few of these, cuz I already have some extra domes that will go along perfectly with that new body!

Reaction score
Made Antoc Merrick's droid the other day, since my gut tells me Hasbro won't do it. Was made with a spare R5-X3 body and R2-D2 dome, some professional art pens, and a very steady hand, lol. Used some Mr. Super Clear matte to seal it up. I can see a few small spots in these pics where some blue is still showing through, but to the naked eye, under normal lighting, you can't see it.

20210830_071356-1.jpg
20210830_070414-1.jpg
20210830_071204-1.jpg
20210830_070438-1~2.jpg
20210830_072728-1-1.jpg

Reaction score
Found next year Halloween droid.
View attachment 398940
Whatever Video Viper……

paints still drying on this one
7E80BA7E-C20F-4ACA-8D5F-8B3A7B8DA4E2.jpeg
MK-D2
MK-bomb
MK-PO

I will likely touch up a few things later.

Used combo of metallic paint & metallic markers (Marker worked much better. (Picture does not do this justice)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey fellow astro-fiends! Got a few extra droids available. Posting it here first for the true astromech fans, and will then post it in the regular modern classified section next week. All are in great condition, and come from a smoke-free home.

U.S. shipping only, sorry (just had another international package to Canada go missing recently😑). Shipping will be via USPS first class, which includes tracking. Figures will be wrapped in ample tissue and shipped in padded bubble mailer. I can give approximate shipping charges based on your zip and how many figures you want. PayPal only (no cash through the mail, no checks, no Venmo, etc). PM me if interested. Thanks!

G8-R3: $14
20210901_140152-1~2.jpg,

R0-4LO: $14
20210827_114338-1~2.jpg

R5-G19: $7.00
20210827_114139-1.jpg

Reaction score
I was wondering what you use, if not paint. I likewise suck at painting.

The tools of my trade :LOL::

pen.jpg
xacto.jpg
spray.jpg

That's pretty much it!

Fresh x-acto blade to gently scrape away unwanted paint deco, Pitt pens (size XS for fine lines, size S for filling in panels completely), and then Mr. Hobby sealant spray (matte) to set the ink. Just be sure to mask off the lens area of the main eye, to keep it appropriately glossy. The process does require having a fairly steady hand and good eyes, which unlike the other products, can't be purchased on Amazon.;) Oh, and a bright light source is 100% necessary for this kind of work!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ugh! I hate the front panel (that never stays closed) & the scope that falls out. I suppose the rationale is the "pop up" Lightsabre the original had.

I file the EE Droids using that sculpt with animated the Clone Wars Astros, so it ironically fits in with the other "cartoon figures".

Reaction score
I got to thinking again today due to the lack of Astro Droids in the line beside R2, I'd be keen on another 4-pk similar the TPM one from 2012.
This time it could be Tatooine focused and contain a redo of both R2-A5, R3-T2, R2-G2(?), and unnamed Blue dome w/black trim R2 unit
Otherwise I don't see it ever happening in basic TVC.