Astromech Droid Focus Collectors

Reaction score
R2-RN8W is said to be out of stock, so if you haven't gotten it yet, you may wanna do so now before prices on the secondary market climb even higher...

Reaction score
i meant pay today's secondary market prices (ebay has multiple listings) before they get even worse. out of stock means no more for retail price anywhere, most likely.

Reaction score
Anybody catch that interesting flub in the recent episode of Bad Batch? Ahsoka's droid, R7, had a significant cameo in its classic maroon/white/lime colorway, but moments later, its colors changed completely to what looked like gunmetal with yellow details. Guess we'll know in future episodes if that was a mistake or not.

Reaction score
I thought Ahsokas' droid was shown as destroyed when Rex was walking back to the Y-Wing with the shovel in the last episode of The Clone Wars...?

Reaction score
I'm afraid I don't know how the timelines of each show line up, as I don't delve too deeply into the animated shows. All I know is that Ahsoka's droid is clearly shown hanging out with those two sisters from Coruscant, and is referred to by name as "R7".

Reaction score
Here's a couple screen shots I found. I lightened them up a bit so you could better see how R7 changed between the two shots.

r7droid1.jpgStarWars-dot-com-700x383.jpg

There's no time jump happening between the two shots, so it makes me think the wrong CG model was used for one of the shots, and the editor of the episode didn't catch it before approving and publishing the shot. The question is, which color pattern was it meant to be?

Reaction score
It look like the same model but lower lighting in the 2nd shot making it appear like a darker color. Haven't watched the show.

Reactions: pod
Reaction score
I have to agree, it looks like a difference in lighted or shadowed.... perhaps poorly. I'm not a vfx person, so perhaps you see something beyond just washed out color...

Reaction score
Well, it's obvious to my eye, but simply watch the episode, and it will be fairly easy to see the differences. There's also a better shot from behind it, where the droid turns its head backwards to project a hologram, and you can clearly see the dome is mostly gray/silver with one yellow panel on top of the dome, and one large yellow panel on its back.

Reaction score
Was able to get some screen grabs of my own. This makes it easier to see that the color scheme is no longer that of R7-A7 in the last two shots it's in. It almost looks like it's matching the colors of the stolen uniforms the sisters are wearing. Guessing it's just an interesting snafu that will never be addressed.

r7.png
r71.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
No, I also immediately thought that was Ahsoka's R7 in that first shot they showed and then in the following shots he seemed to look completely different.

I have no idea how he changed so much in that ending shot but if you check Wookiepedia R7-A7 has been updated like that was him. There is also a bit at the end that says he appeared in his normal color, than changed to black and orange, lol.

Reaction score
IIRC, Ahsoka didn't have any droids with her when she was away from the Jedi world and with the sisters...

Reaction score
IIRC, Ahsoka didn't have any droids with her when she was away from the Jedi world and with the sisters...

I thought the same, but I couldn't be bothered to rewatch that specific episode, lol. Again, I don't really know where Bad Batch falls in the timeline compared to that final season of Clone Wars. BB is happening shortly after Order 66, that's all I know.

Reaction score
I thought the same, but I couldn't be bothered to rewatch that specific episode, lol. Again, I don't really know where Bad Batch falls in the timeline compared to that final season of Clone Wars. BB is happening shortly after Order 66, that's all I know.
The last 4 episodes of Clone Wars Season 7 happens concurrent with events in Revenge of the Sith (there's even a 4-hour spliced cut somewhere), and shows what Ahsoka and Capt Rex are up to (chasing Maul) while Anakin and Obi-Wan are doing their thing.

Bad Batch pilot begins as Order 66 is being given, so it is immediately post-ROTS.

Reaction score
Probably just another scenario where two Droids look the same/similar, and they simply used an existing CG model to save Money. I feel it's highly improbable that Ahsoka's Droid would wind up here, now I can see it possibly finding its way into another person's ownership once the Order falls.

Reaction score
Even if the color scheme was that of Ahsoka's droid, there is no guarantee that it is the same one; droid color schemes are not necessarily unique. Nor are the R designations (I really wish they had stuck with the initial Old EU numbering per dome shape). Wookieepedia apparently only quotes the visuals from the Bad Batch episode with no other sources, and as the visuals change between shots, it is... debatable.

But from the storyline... R7-A7 went down with the Venator Star Destroyer at the end of Clone Wars, at least badly damaged. Ahsoka and Rex didn't take the droid wreck along. We do see Darth Vader visiting the crash site, with no sign that anyone else came back there between scenes (that is also ambiguous, but...) or that the Venator was plundered.

To end up with the Martez sisters, someone would have needed to salvage R7 from the crash site. Ahsoka? Unlikely, since that would be an unnecessary danger - and if she had thought R7 was repairable, then she could have taken him along in the first place. Is there any hint in the BB episode that Ahsoka had contact with the Martez sisters after Order 66, so that the droid could have been passed along?

The Martez sisters? That is at least far-fetched. They might have heard of the Venator crash from Ahsoka (again: any contact?) and went there for salvage, but is there any indication for that? Are there even valuables enough that could be harvested by two girls alone and which justify the journey? Wouldn't that be a complete story worth telling?

Someone else? Even more far-fetched, as that would be a third party that happens to connect the Venator and R7 to the Martez sisters where R7 winds up, with no Ahsoka as connecting element. That would be a bad Small World Syndrome. And Wookieepedia doesn't give any hint what might have happened so I suppose there is no clear proof.

Together with the color change, I would say this is not Ahsoka's R7, Wookieepedia is really rash in its conclusions, and there is actually no special story behind that, it's just a texture failure on the 3D model.

Reaction score
Was already officially confirmed to be Ahsoka's droid shortly after the episode aired. Color change still wasn't explained though. I'm chalking that bit up to a production error.

Reactions: pod
Reaction score
Was already officially confirmed to be Ahsoka's droid shortly after the episode aired. Color change still wasn't explained though. I'm chalking that bit up to a production error.

Well then. I suppose they don't explain anywhere how R7 comes into the possession of the Martez sisters? The linked snippet at least doesn't. Do I maybe remember wrongly, and Ahsoka took R7's remains with her? Or is that just one other ugly plothole just for the sake of unnecessarily reviving a droid that rarely took front and center?

Reaction score
Unrelated to Droids, but I am still lurking about...

Recently went to some of the Men In Black filming locations: MIB Headquarters, Jeeb's Pawn Shop.
d26d9cb5653dc336e32b664772fb72e0.jpg

915fb11a8962f9f636d9dcf568735c34.jpg

4b075ec08b64df58ca8ac15edbfe7f8d.jpg

24fba7039f16d4d6c982507bdffc4479.jpg

They're beautiful... aren't they? The stars. I never really look at them anymore, but they actually are quite... beautiful.
94d9ef5606b1334bf329010ac29ad9f1.jpg

7c6de05317da13d89476bcaeca613ccb.jpg

9ee9f4399f08b4019d4c7e79f97684aa.jpg

251846bf947cd961208073b9c2a5f75b.jpg

Loki anyone?
d5fc085232b48ff34b80632117e02f4d.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using a hacked pirate satellite in a decaying orbit

Reaction score
Yes, I agree. Yet this little plastic treasures can help in a pinch. I have sold some things in the past to try and cover emergencies or make ends meet from time to time.

Reaction score
Wow! R2-SHP, the fan-made astromech that was barely seen in TROS, recently sold for $80,000 at auction! Don't know who the builder was, but congrats my dude!

*edit* Looks like Lee Towersey - the droid builder who got hired by JJ and Kathleen Kennedy at Celebration - signed it, but not sure if he was the builder of this particular droid.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah. That was one of my gripes about the sequels. No background astromechs were really given much love. Only one that jumps to mind is the R4-M9 clone that got a hero shot in TFA. Hell, not even the newly designed R0 droids had any focus. Would have been cool to see Poe interacting with his temporary droid while BB-8 was off doing his thing, but alas.

Reaction score
Hey all, just want to take the convo in a different direction for a moment but does anyone have any pics or links to any repaints of Hasbro's 1/6 POTF Astromechs. I remember seeing some but can't remember where.

Reaction score
Wow! R2-SHP, the fan-made astromech that was barely seen in TROS, recently sold for $80,000 at auction! Don't know who the builder was, but congrats my dude!

*edit* Looks like Lee Towersey - the droid builder who got hired by JJ and Kathleen Kennedy at Celebration - signed it, but not sure if he was the builder of this particular droid.

Jake, R2-SHP was built by UK R2 Builder Sam Prentice ☺

Reaction score
Well then. I suppose they don't explain anywhere how R7 comes into the possession of the Martez sisters? The linked snippet at least doesn't. Do I maybe remember wrongly, and Ahsoka took R7's remains with her? Or is that just one other ugly plothole just for the sake of unnecessarily reviving a droid that rarely took front and center?
Gee, another instance where they don't pay attention to prior events or bother keeping current things Canon? I suppose they could explain it offscreen how the Droid makes it from the wreckage, unless those two are simply scavenger and came upon the crash site accidentally.

My question is why bother when it only support shrinking Galaxy syndrome since there's no connection to the sisters, it could have literally been any other Droid...

Reaction score
I was recently able to acquire Jabba's bar tender droid, the one from the recent EE astromech set. I was wondering if there was an official designation for this droid. Anyone know?

Reaction score
R2-RN8W is said to be out of stock, so if you haven't gotten it yet, you may wanna do so now before prices on the secondary market climb even higher...
I was lucky and was able to get one from a friend for $20 early on.... I just looked on eBaying to buy a second R2-RN8W to open... man did I mess up waiting this long. $130? Sold sales?!?!

Reaction score
Whoa!! Had no idea they were going for that much now! Was that figure more limited than their regular seasonal mechs, or is the LGBQT community really that ravenous for droids?! All I know is I'm kicking myself now for passing it up when I had the chance to get it for retail. lol