Astromech Droid Focus Collectors

Reaction score
Well, if you ever want to show off your collection - especially the 1:1 droids - please feel free to post pics! We'd love to see 'em.
Only pic I have of all of them together from a couple of years ago.
(MSE-6, Chopper(WIP), BB-8, R2, and the start of BB-9E)
IMG_2379.jpg

Any experts on Jedi Starfighter domes here? Need help on IDing a couple of domes that I cant figure out what vehicles they came from. Thanks
IMG_1654.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Only pic I have of all of them together from a couple of years ago.
(MSE-6, Chopper(WIP), BB-8, R2, and the start of BB-9E)
View attachment 366071

Any experts on Jedi Starfighter domes here? Need help on IDing a couple of domes that I cant figure out what vehicles they came from. Thanks
View attachment 366072
Looks like it could be these?

Reaction score
Looks like it could be these?

Thanks RebosFeet. Looks like a match.

Reaction score
Yeah, this is a total bummer. They need to put the holiday BB units in carbon freeze for a few years. So many other options they could do with classic astromechs. We have yet to receive any Xmas themed R4 or R5 units, not to mention all the possibilities with classic R2 units!

Reaction score
Yeah, a letdown for me as I'm not into these Droids. However, these are more of a "Disney" era Droids so it makes sense to switch to them going forward. However, considering their design there isn't many options for variants. Well unless they literally do every color, but that can be done with normal Droids and TBH this looks like a normal Droid pattern. They could have used a bit of imagination and had a different color head.

Quite frankly they should be doing these BB Droids as two packs, then they could do more than one version at a time. At this rate next eyars wii be blue, the year after green, and on and on.

I think they should do two Droids per holiday, 1 BB and 1 Astromech.

Reaction score
I like him because he looks as if he could simply be a background BB-unit somewhere just off screen. His colours aren't too garish. These holiday droids are fun and I don't mind picking them up at the gentle rate that they come out, but I would rather Disney put more energy into on screen droids. I'm still hoping for a Mandalorian derived astromech two or four-pack this Christmas, like the fabulous movie-based sets they used to produce.

Reaction score
I like the idea of a 2 Pack R2 unit & bb unit. Gives them the excuse to bump the eventual price hike. Best of both worlds.

pod

Reaction score
I like him because he looks as if he could simply be a background BB-unit somewhere just off screen. His colours aren't too garish. These holiday droids are fun and I don't mind picking them up at the gentle rate that they come out, but I would rather Disney put more energy into on screen droids. I'm still hoping for a Mandalorian derived astromech two or four-pack this Christmas, like the fabulous movie-based sets they used to produce.
You're being too kind. He's the same as the GE 2-pack droids, only they are 2/$10, while this one is $13.

I wonder if the lack of astromechs is due to the poor sales of the ROS 4 pack, though that was due more to the lame choices included.

Reaction score
Found this today quite unexpectedly...

2f8d7a47f90173052c15e64f283fb156.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using a hacked pirate satellite in a decaying orbit

Reaction score
You're being too kind. He's the same as the GE 2-pack droids, only they are 2/$10, while this one is $13.

I wonder if the lack of astromechs is due to the poor sales of the ROS 4 pack, though that was due more to the lame choices included.
Agreed, and by comparison the Solo set was much better! Too bad I was never able to get that one and had to buy singles on ebay.
At this point it's becoming more about Disney's "surcharge" that they charge on everything else they sell.

Reaction score

A four pack inspired by the Mandalorian would be extraordinarily welcome. Surprised that hasn't shown up yet. Seems like it has been awhile since we've had a proper 4-pack.

Reaction score
IMG_1654.jpg

The Yellow one looks like it's R2-C4 from Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter (3rd in line) The other one looks like Kit Fisto's Droid R4-H5.
Clone Wars Jedi Starfighters.jpg

Reaction score
The yellow one is from the Clone Wars blue Jedi starfighter. The other is definitely from the Kit Fisto starfighter.

Reaction score
New single carded figures are popping up at the Droid Depot in Galaxy's Edge. I know some of you will be very happy that they're making this BB unit from Resistance. Since these seem to be made for inside of Galaxy's Edge, don't expect to see them on shopDisney.com :cry: Ebay or local connections will be our only options for now....

dd.png

Reaction score
Yes lets release something that almost no one can get. lol

I don't get it, in an age were everything is sold online they have the most peculiar process of only being able to get certain items. 90% of teh population don't even live in driving distance to these locations.

I don't think the cards are that ugly, just different. Also I get the BB but not 4-Lom, plenty of other unmade Droids that could have been done. Considering 4-Lom was already released in TVC, and that's where most people would prefer that droid.

Reaction score
I don't get it, in an age were everything is sold online they have the most peculiar process of only being able to get certain items. 90% of teh population don't even live in driving distance to these locations.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but that's kind of the point: To have exclusive items that you can only get by visiting the park. It's a big part of how Disney lures guests in. Disney park exclusives are BIG business. They've been doing it for years. Long before Galaxy's Edge was even an idea in Bob Iger's brain, heh.

Reaction score
Also I get the BB but not 4-Lom, plenty of other unmade Droids that could have been done. Considering 4-Lom was already released in TVC, and that's where most people would prefer that droid.

You must remember that Disney and Hasbro are two different companies. Hasbro's 4-LOM was made in 2010 by Hasbro. Disney's version of the 4-LOM-type droid was made in 2017 by Disney, not Hasbro, and only came in a handful of generic colors (blue, black, and silver). Disney doesn't stop to consider what figures Hasbro made over a decade ago, nor should they. Their B.A.D. 4-LOM sculpt just happens to be superior to Hasbro's older attempt, and they likely saw all the great customs people posted online, where they painted the figure to be film accurate. So it's not only fine that they released their own version of 4-LOM, it's much appreciated by collectors like me.;)

Now, about that season 2 premiere of Mandalorian.....:cool:

Reaction score
Disney park tickets are overpriced but they lure in locals because they know the locals will buy up this stuff resell it on eBay & get their season passes paid for. They been running this racket for years and it helps the local economy pays for people to have a nice weekend trip, it’s one of the few things I don’t mind paying scalper prices with reason because it costs me a lot more to go any other route. Unless I am on the website during the 2 minutes it’s available.

Reaction score
Yes! Excited for these droids, though obtaining them may be difficult and require patience.

I'm thrilled Disney had finally tooled up a CB-23 dome for us. :) She has been on my want list for two years, now.

I bought extra protocol BAD parts with the intention of painting myself a 4-LOM using their superior mold, but this saves me the trouble, so those parts will end up becoming customising folder. I wish these were easier to get, but they're still cool and very, very welcome! At least Disney is still bringing the droid love.

pod

Reaction score
A particular droid looked in much better condition than that poor looking one the Jawas were offering up as trade. I do appreciate them playing around in the same "sand box" we know and love.
The new one was sweet! Nice variant dome and paint scheme.

Reaction score
The dome on that droid came from this guy, which was built for Solo: A Star Wars story. I never would have guessed that Lee and his crew built the domes of those droids to be the exact diameter of standard astromech domes. Some pretty good forward thinking there! Now we just need a figure of it, lol.

T1M8-LT2 (1).png20201031_232812-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if Hasbro made that droid, though I would have to swap out the dome. as I'm not a fan of that particular design element.

Reaction score
Couple more Galaxy's Edge astromechs coming in a new 5-pack. Unfortunately it's a park exclusive which likely won't show up on Disney's official online store.

droidfactory_set_2020_droiddepot.jpg

pod

Reaction score
Really nice astrodroids, the yellow thing is more Lost In Space than SW.

Reaction score
Neat looking set for sheer obscurity but nothing I really need, might try to pick up the yellow R5 for a decent price if I can.