Astromech Droid Focus Collectors

Reaction score
Guess Disney heard the negative feedback on last year's candy corn droid. Theyt definitely upped their game here! Love the skeleton motif! Does anybody remember if last year's droid was available on ShopDisney?
Yes, I have picked up all my Disney droids via the Shopdisney app.

Reaction score
I lie it I may pick one up when the become more available.

Hopefully this year's droid won't be trying to ship out before a major hurricane like Boo17 ;)

Reaction score
That would be awesome. :) I am hungry for another four-pack.

Talking about BOO19, the past years' Disney exclusive holiday droids have been R2s, R3s, R4s and now R5s, each year. If this is a trend does that mean next we might see R6s? My money is on repainted BB droids being more likely. I guess we'll know very soon.

Reaction score
As long as RoS does decent enough that Disney doesn't scrub the parks of everything ST.
That will never happen. For better or worse, the ST is Disney's baby, and they're all-in at this point. They just spent millions of dollars to build a land which is firmly embedded in the ST. They're not gonna spend millions more to tear it down and start from scratch.

Reaction score
Figured I would make my offer here as the classified sections are pretty dead... If anyone might be able to help me score R5-B0019 I'd appreciate it. I'd cover the cost, shipping, and chip in some for your time and effort. I missed out on R3-B0017 and don't want to miss out on another holiday droid I like.

I really like B0017 but cannot justify dropping the $70+ dollars it goes for on eBay...

Reaction score
That will never happen. For better or worse, the ST is Disney's baby, and they're all-in at this point. They just spent millions of dollars to build a land which is firmly embedded in the ST. They're not gonna spend millions more to tear it down and start from scratch.
Never thought they would tear it down, but quietly change over to OT over time if ST truely is box office poison.

Reaction score
Figured I would make my offer here as the classified sections are pretty dead... If anyone might be able to help me score R5-B0019 I'd appreciate it. I'd cover the cost, shipping, and chip in some for your time and effort. I missed out on R3-B0017 and don't want to miss out on another holiday droid I like.

I really like B0017 but cannot justify dropping the $70+ dollars it goes for on eBay...
It will be soon available on the ShopDisney app, have a little faith! :)

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind them making a Droid with GK-77's decor, as well as an Architect Droid.

Yes, I have picked up all my Disney droids via the Shopdisney app.
I'm so out of the loop with Disney purchases, that when I opened the app to see if this Droid was available. A pop announced that this app is retired, and you'll need to DL a new one! lol
That's about as far as I got, just not into signing up for yet another service that requires passwords etc. I hope all the old app account info can be transferred.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind them making a Droid with GK-77's decor, as well as an Architect Droid.

I'd love to see Disney produce new 3.75" two and four-packs of all any and all of these droids for as many years as they care to, and new colour schemes provide. There's plenty here to love, though my hope would be that if they did so, that they priortize those droids that are most original and not too alike those we might already have. :)

Reaction score
I'm about to let all of my droids go to a good home... more on that soon. Basically an instant collection.

Just about very 3 3/4 Astromech made loose or packaged, as soon as I can take pictures I'll list them here.

A lot of rarities, and all of the Disney 4 packs and recent movie droids. Most of the Holiday droids.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh man, really? Always a bummer when you hear a fellow 'mech-head is hanging it up. Well, if you're willing to sell individual pieces, let us know. I'm sure I have a few holes in my collection, even though I still have A LOT of stuff, heh.

Reaction score
hey all! it's been a while since i've checked up on these forums (and SW in general), but i've gotten back into it, or so it seems. i've been doing some catching up these past days - going back through all the old stuff i got figured out when researching background droids - but i'm still a bit stumped and figured this would be a good place to ask about any breakthroughs regarding astromechs in the OT (especially ANH) in terms of some rare, uncovered behind the scenes shots and the like. anything crazy come out these past two years or so? saw a close-up picture of R5-A2's back panels, thought that was pretty cool.

mainly asking about astromechs since i don't wanna derail the thread, but any links to other droid discoveries would be much appreciated! forgot how much i enjoyed these sorts of things - brings me back to the old days of *checking notes* 2015 :p

Reaction score
Mysterious new astromech 3-packs have appeared at D23. They appear to be 3.75" BAD, but I'm not 100% certain on that. Three separate 3-packs are being sold. New, presumably BAD versions of R4-A22 and R5-M2 are part of the sets, as well as a very nice looking blue R2 unit, based on a fan-made droid named R2-SHP. My guess is that means this droid will show up somewhere in either The Mandalorian or Episode 9. No idea on price or availability yet. I need these though!!

*UPDATE* Upon closer inspection of some sets that are already on ebay, I believe these are the same scale and materials as the Elite series. So diecast metal I guess? Not sure. The feet cables were a giveaway that these likely aren't BADs.

*UPDATE #2*

It seems the sets are sold shrink-wrapped, so the auctions up now don't show the actual droids in the other two sets. Hopefully somebody cracks open all three sets soon so we can get a gander!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hmmm... I could go for some metal detailed figure sized astromechs! Do we have a MSRP on these sets?

pod

Reaction score
Names are on the cans.
Yellow series 1
G8 r3
R4 a22
R4 p44

Blue
R4 i9
R5 m2
R2 q5

Red
R5 x3
R4 x2
R2 shp

Reaction score
Loose pic of the M2 and I9 set. These are definitely in scale with the Disney store Elite figures, so slightly larger than 6" scale. I will like pass now that this has been confirmed, but I'm hopeful a few of these will show up in either a new 3.75" BAD 4-pack, or as refreshed parts at the BAD stations outside of GE. Really want the blue R2, and would definitely love to have an update to R4-A22, since the previous version is using the 20 year old POTJ mold, which just doesn't hold up well nowadays.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are these sets D23 exclusives that will not be available elsewhere? Love me some elite series droids.

Reaction score
$90 each? Yikes. I wasn't planning on tracking them down once I realized they were Elite Series figures, but still, I feel bad for those who want them! These shouldn't be more than $74.99, if we're going by what these figures normally cost. Shame they got lazy with R4-A22. Definitely not an accurate paint job for either version of the droid.

Reaction score
No new 3.75" stuff was announced at D23, sadly. Not even a new D23 single-carded BAD droid (like the previous R4 and R5). Holding out hope that a new 4-pack of Ep. 9 droids is coming, including R2-SHP & the still unnamed teal R5 droid (which is coming with the Lego Y-wing). Hasbro no longer gives two sh*ts about astromechs, which is a damn tragedy, so hopefully Disney keeps the torch burning.

Reaction score
Oh, wow! That's really cool! Is it a remote operated vehicle that actually has chilled Coke inside? I have to say I really hope Disney figures out how to get free-roaming droids into GE soon, because the streets feel lifeless without them. I know that was the original plan, and the test droid they made before GE opened turned out to be a lawsuit waiting to happen, but still.... We need droids in Black Spire Outpost!

Reaction score
The Coke-R5 and his little hover cart would go well in a $20-$30 3.75" small vehicle assortment to also include the First Order R5 and passenger cart from the coming Rise of the Resistance ride. Hoping we see something like that some day. :D

Reaction score