Assajj Ventress' Fanblade Fighter

GNT

Reaction score
Assajj Ventress\' Fanblade Fighter

This was posted over at JD so thought it might be worth discussing here, seems like Hasbro aren't interested in making it but because it's a "females vehicle" and an unusual shape. Seems like a pretty lame excuse for not trying anyway...it hasn't stopped Hasbro from releasing other minor vehicles in the past (eg Geonosian fighter anyone?). So is Hasbro over reacting? Who would buy this vehicle? Does it really matter if it's a females vehicle?

Picture up here.

Hasbro QnA:

1) We noticed something pretty cool in the recent Clone Wars Season 3 Trailers. It appears that Assajj Ventress' "Fanblade Fighter" makes its return to the Clone Wars in grand fashion! This seems like an opportune time for a fine and unique vehicle like this to possibly make its way into the line. The question is, are you considering it, and how do you think the folding wing mechanism would work?

H. We are not considering doing Assajj's Fanblade fighter. As cool as we might think it is, it actually suffers as a kid vehicle given it's rather unusual shape and the fact it belongs to a female antagonist. As such, it just isn't a strong vehicle for us to invest in compared to other great choices. It doesn't mean we won't pursue it some day, but it is not in the works right now.

Thoughts on seeing this vehicle?

Reaction score
Re: Assajj Ventress\' Fanblade Fighter

actually there is some talk of this in the cw discussion thread, maybe a mod could direct/move those posts over here.
I'd for one definately would pick this ship up, the reapaints are getting boring, need something "NEW AND EXCITING"
How does this design compare to Dooku's getaway ship in AOTC?

Reaction score

I was hoping that this ship would show up in the series eventually. I was disappointed Hasbro never made it in the original CW line and figured it would have a really good chance of being produced if they brought it in to the new series.

It's a cool looking shipping, would be considered "aggressive" enough for Hasbro to make, and is used by one of the main bad guys. IMO it should be a shoe in for the line. I guess Hasbro thinks differently

Maybe the real issue is how they would make the fan section of the ship.

I'd much rather see this or Dooku's Solar Sailer than the new Jedi speeder they previewed atCelebration.

Reaction score

Lack of space is making me restrict my acquisition of ships - but I'd make an exception for the fanblade, especially since it'd be compact in its landed form. I really do hope that Hasbro hasn't written it out for the future, it looks like it gets some action during Season 3.

Reaction score

I'm in the same boat with RhyYees. I love the vehicles, but I have limited space to display or store them. My AT-TE and Republic Gunship takes up too much room.

I'm also thinking that Hasbro won't bother because they would not be able to recycle the ship for release and I have a nagging suspicion that Ventress won't be with us after season 3 of CW.

Reaction score

Copied from one of my posts in the other discussion, with pictures added:

I don't think the door is completely closed on this sucker just yet. Taking a look at the fanblade fighter from the Tartakovsky series and comparing it with the one we saw in the Season 3 TCW trailer, I am certain this is NOT the same ship. It's similar, absolutely, but the design and placement of the cockpit include significant differences. I think it's easy to simply assume that this is Ventress' ship, much like certain posters assumed Cassie Cryar must be a Dathomiri Witch based on her appearance, but again, just like folks did with Cassie, they're making assumptions here. We don't know that this is Ventress' craft yet.

Compare the pictures and see what I mean:

Until now, if we see Ventress flying anywhere it has almost always been in a Trident squiddy-ship. Connecting the dots in that trailer, I have to wonder whether this fanblade ship that we see mightn't actually belong to Savage Oppress? Again, that's a guess, but it's no less possible than the Ventress assumption. If that's the case, then Hasbro's answer doesn't technically preclude us from getting a fanblade fighter, and you know they can be slippery in their answers.

Reaction score

I have wanted one of these since it was on the first Clone Wars. It is so unique in design there is nothing like it. I have always been an Asajj fan but that is not what drew me to this ship. It was really disappointing hearing that they don't want to make a ship, yet they have no problem making something for Dooku but his craft don't look near as good.

I really want one!!!!

Reaction score

All we have to do is keep on their case about it. It's been a few times now that they said they wouldn't make something, only to do an about-face later.

Reaction score

Hasbro just said it's never gonna happen...So....It's never gonna happen. I don't get why we're speculating at all over something we'll never see anyway

Reaction score

Nope. I'd encourage you to read the posts above again. You've missed an important detail, and as we all know, when it comes to Hasbro's Q&A answers, the literal details are often key to determining exactly what they're saying (or not saying).

To sum it up, they said Ventress' fanblade fighter from the CW animated series isn't going to happen (which, while disappointing, is not exactly surprising). The ship seen in the season 3 trailer is not from the animated series (despite similarities), nor do we know that it's Ventress' ship, so until we hear otherwise, so Hasbro hasn't ruled it out.

Reaction score

I see no reason why this ship can't be made. One of them is in Season 3, it's certainly aggressive, and the fact that it belongs to a woman really shouldn't matter since it's a ship, and kids can put any figure they want in it.

On the issue of the retracting wings, I always imagined thin red fabric that expanded and retracted. I don't know how well that would hold up with frequent use, though.