Greetings Rebelscum! If you're a fan of tabletop games and have been wanting something new from Asmodee, you're in luck!
Check out Rebelscum.com merch!
Is this a game you plan on trying out? Do you want more gaming coverage like this from us here at Rebelscum? Let us know below!Today, Asmodee and Z-Man Games announced Star WarsTM: The Clone Wars – A Pandemic System Game. Set during the beloved Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series, the game tasks players with defending the Republic together as legendary Jedi. Built using Z-Man Games’ cooperative Pandemic System mechanics, players must work together to complete missions across the galaxy and stop the Separatists. Star Wars: The Clone Wars – A Pandemic System Game launches in the United States exclusively online at Target today for an MSRP of $59.99 USD. The game launches worldwide and at other U.S. retailers on October 1.
Get a sneak peek at the game board and pieces in this trailer:
In Star Wars: The Clone Wars – A Pandemic System Game, players choose from seven Jedi, including Ahsoka Tano and Anakin Skywalker, each with their own unique Force abilities. Across four epic scenarios, the Jedi must team up and defeat a member of the dark side like Count Dooku and General Grievous. Each scenario can be completed using different Jedi powers, squad members, and objectives, adding high replay value to every adventure.
“Star Wars: The Clone Wars is a powerful saga of heroes coming together to save the galaxy, and this game is no different! It’s also the culmination of a fantastic partnership between one of the world’s biggest franchises and board gaming’s defining cooperative system,” said Sophie Gravel, head of Z-Man Games. “Our cooperative Pandemic System helps bring iconic Star Wars characters and stories to life - with our Jedi needing to combine Forces to stand a chance against unending waves of Separatist troops. Players will be on the edge of their seat with every playthrough as they fight for victory…and bring balance to the Force.”
Star Wars: The Clone Wars – A Pandemic System Game Key Features:
- Join The Clone Wars: Encounter Star Wars: The Clone Wars characters like Rex, Padmé Amidala, and R2-D2 while traveling across the galaxy to Coruscant, Geonosis, Mandalore, and more.
- Wield the Force: Become a Jedi, each with their own special abilities, to battle the Separatists. Heroes include Ahsoka Tano, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Mace Windu, Aayla Secura, and Luminara Unduli.
- Defeat the Dark Side: Count Dooku, Maul, General Grievous, and Asajj Ventress threaten the galaxy in four exciting adventures. Claim victory in each story by beating its main villain.
- Bring the Battle to Life: See the Clone Wars play out on your table with a galaxy-sized board, illustrated cards, and detailed miniatures featuring Jedi, villains, and swarms of battle droids and ships.
- Fight Alone or with Friends: Star Wars: The Clone Wars – A Pandemic System Game supports 1-5 players and is designed for ages 14+.
Star Wars: The Clone Wars – A Pandemic System Game is developed by Z-Man Games in collaboration with Lucasfilm and published by Asmodee. The Pandemic System is an intricate, cooperative gameplay framework based on designer Matt Leacock's Pandemic, which has sold over 15 million copies worldwide. The system has been adapted to other unique settings and stories as seen in titles like World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King - A Pandemic System Board Game, Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu, and Pandemic: Fall of Rome.
To learn more about Star Wars: The Clone Wars – A Pandemic System Game and Z-Man Games, visit the game website.
Check out Rebelscum.com merch!