Ask the MR SBU Part 2

Reaction score
Jedi_Rainman said:
Nash said:
theyve already said that LFL requires them to destroy all of the defective helmets. they will not be refurbished.
Nor sold to AJ
Thanks you guys,
I missed that, and the more I was thinking about it the more it was bugging me.

Because in MR updates they have stated about that the helm requires more work than they expected, so that made me think that they were trying to fix the ones that where sent back.
as stated below.
I hope what you are saying, is the direction they are still going.
Thanks again!!

"Dear Master Replicas Customer,

We would like to share with you the latest updates regarding your Darth Vader Helmets.

All of the Darth Vader Helmets have now arrived at the factory in China. Our Director of Product Development personally reviewed the helmets with our vendor in their factory in China, and it was determined that many of the helmets are going to require more work than first anticipated. Unfortunately, this will result in a delay in the shipment of the helmets. We now anticipate beginning to ship the replacement helmets in September and the outstanding orders shortly thereafter.

Please be assured that we will continue to work with our vendor to improve the schedule. We will provide you with another update next month.

We apologize for this delay and appreciate your continued patience and understanding. Master Replicas is committed to only delivering quality products to our loyal customers.

Sincerely,

The Master Replicas Team"

Reaction score
jedi_dm said:
Because in MR updates they have stated about that the helmets require more work than they expected, so that made me think that they were trying to fix the ones that where sent back.
That's why I asked the same question. The last MR email eluded to the Vader helmets "requiring work" vs. being manufactured from scratch. I would still like Bryan to chime in and confirm this.
Bryan?

Reaction score
Nash said:
theyve already said that LFL requires them to destroy all of the defective helmets. they will not be refurbished.
Can you post a copy of that email here? (one that explicitly states that they are manufacturing new helmets and destroying the returns (all of which are inherently defective)- It makes perfect sense to me Ijust haven't seen that email. Thanks

Please chime in, too Bryan.

Reaction score
demorathis said:
Nash said:
Can you post a copy of that email here? (one that explicitly states that they are manufacturing new helmets and destroying the returns (all of which are inherently defective)- It makes perfect sense to me Ijust haven't seen that email. Thanks

Please chime in, too Bryan.
I dont recall it being an email. If i remember correctly, it was an online discussion from either Amy or Bryan probably after one of MR's Trivia nights.

Reaction score
Do you think you can find the quote somewhere? That would be somewhat of a relief, as I don't think they'd state something like that and not follow through, even if only stated unofficially. I'd appreciate it, if you could.

Bryan, where are you?

Reaction score
I found this from Amy..."This will be more of question for Bryan than myself. However I can tell you that we are obviously going for better quality all the way around on the new ones since the old ones didn't do so well in the inspection. The old helmets are not resellable and will not be sold through AJCollecting. "

I also found this from Bryan..."Once you commit to returning your helmet we will tell you the date that we must receive the helmet. Unfortunately, we cannot let you keep it until the new ones are ready. Since this is a limited edition item, we may be required by Lucasfilm to provide proof of destruction of these helmets before we are allowed to make the replacements. This will ensure the integrity of the edition size. If we make a replacement for you and you never send yours back, then there will be more than the published edition size in existence."

You can find it all here ---> MR Clone Helmet Update 4/20

Reaction score
I hope this refers directly to The Vader helmets as well, because they are technically under the studio scale banner and not "helmets".

I'd love to hear confirmation of this from MR.
Thank you for your legwork on getting this info -- it is hopeful that we get the same respose regarding Vader considering the news re the clone helmets.

Reaction score
Here is what I'm coming up with:
1) The Helmets were sent back, why would they take on all the cost to send them back if they were going to destroy them?
2) The LE version is open ended, which means that they do not have to destroy the returned ones because there is no set limit.

This is really bothering me, because this is the most expensive SW item I have ever bought, and I really want a new helm., I'm not buying a returned fixer upper. I know people can say so dont buy it. But I really want this item in my collection and after seeing it and holding it before sending it back I'm hooked. Even though there were alot of flaws, to me this is the best piece that MR has made. I have trust in MR and there quality and I applaud them for stepping up and correcting the issues. But I guess I'll just have to wait and see when I recieve my replacement, if there is any sign that this was repaired, its going back, I'm not settling for a refurb at full price.

Just my thoughts!

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked:

How's the CE line doing, and is it going to continue? Are we going to see CE releases of formerly released LEs or EEs?

Reaction score
jedi_dm said:
Here is what I'm coming up with:
1) The Helmets were sent back, why would they take on all the cost to send them back if they were going to destroy them?
2) The LE version is open ended, which means that they do not have to destroy the returned ones because there is no set limit.

This is really bothering me, because this is the most expensive SW item I have ever bought, and I really want a new helm., I'm not buying a returned fixer upper. I know people can say so dont buy it. But I really want this item in my collection and after seeing it and holding it before sending it back I'm hooked. Even though there were alot of flaws, to me this is the best piece that MR has made. I have trust in MR and there quality and I applaud them for stepping up and correcting the issues. But I guess I'll just have to wait and see when I recieve my replacement, if there is any sign that this was repaired, its going back, I'm not settling for a refurb at full price.

Just my thoughts!
I am hopeful that they are indeed making new ones with higher QC standards and an agent who'll oversee the process preferrably someone who really wants one as well

Anyway, it wouldn't make sense to make us wait this long and then have more issues -- . I think at this time MR is doing their best to come out with the best possible piece free from defects. VBack when Don Post made their helmets, nobody looked at these flaws, but MR has raised the standard to the point that they have to outdo even themselves -- Rubies is not even close to being a contender when it comes to quality control, so I believe that we will not be disappointed as long as - and it was almost perfect -

1. No paint flaws (ie unpainted areas - like mine, touch ups)
2. No damage of any kind esp if puttied
3. No irregularities (like the surprised Vader's - they should all look mean if seated correctly)
4. Nothing that will deteriorate quickly because they chose cheaper materials.
5. No sloppy applications of glue or components.
6. No mishandling resulting in scratches, dents, missing pieces,etc.
7. packaging properly that doesn't interfere with the item's shape (mine had crushed padding cause the foam interfere with the chape of the padding - and was shoved into the packing incorrectly ausing further damage)
8. Pieces should line up and fit properly with an even narrower tolerances (for variances in, for example, the rear neck pieces.
9. Better protection of the paint job to avoid mminor scratches (Like the Don Post which was made every bit as good as the originals -- very VERY strong and not prone to scratches)- not as detailed of course.
10. Better care in packaging to avoid the obvious damage as a result of vibration, shock, crushing and overall transportation -- especially with FedEx's reputation.

Bryan's been absent for a while. I guess they're really busy either trying to figure out what to do if thay are indeed beholden to destroying defects or not, or trying to figure out a way to break news to us. Let's hope they make a decision that is ideal in the long run and one that will keep us dedicated to MR. I think so far every decision made was for our benefit and they do keep the collector in mind, they know what we want and have been pretty good thus far, so I'm anxious to hear what they will decide to do.

I don't want to settle for anything less than what we expected in the first place, too. I care about this product too much, as I am a Vader collector -- it's my main focus and it was a no brainer to get this product. The only thing I ask for is the product they intended and marketed. And I am willing to wait if they have to manufacture from scratch to eliminate the flaws of the first production...they said it themselves, it's a learning process, so I'm willing to be patient, if they are willing to give us the best product possible - so far they've done a great job in light of this problem with all their helmets, and have shown that they care about what we want and are willing to deliver -- that's what will keep these guys afloat for years to come -- their commitment to their customer base -- I believe that they are by far the most actively responsive company licensed by Star wars so far -- I still have a sideshow vader with one painted eye waiting to be picked up by sideshow -- it's been mover a month....

So Bryan, if you are around, collect your thoughts and please address this collector-wide concern, if you're on your vacation -- worry about it when you get back...Thanks...

edit:
as of yesterday, I received a call from Sideshow Collectibles and they are taking steps to correct my problem with my PF vader's QC issue =)

Reaction score
I thought mabe this Icon might help!!

Very well put, Agree 100%!!

Thanks again for posting

Reaction score
Dear master replicas...

in light of the vaderhelm update,
here are some questions:

Does the repainting process involve anything that could effectively alter the minute details of the replicas features, like edges and points - if there is sanding or scraping involvevd? Or is/was the paint stripped by chemical process before repainting?

Also will any helmet be made "from scratch" - fiberglass and all or is this run it for the limited edition?
--------------------

Reaction score
Hi Bryan!

1. Is the LOTR line dead?
2. Are there any plans to make .45 sabers with cases? (like blasters)
3. Are you going to change .45 sabers style box again?
4. When we can expect Qui-Gon .45 saber?

Mati

Reaction score
Bryan,

Just curious as to the next Elite saber(s) to be planned and I'm assuming for 2007?

thanks,

Reaction score
BigDumbWookiee said:

How's the CE line doing, and is it going to continue? Are we going to see CE releases of formerly released LEs or EEs?
Any word on this? Is the CE line dead after the Qui-Gon?

Reaction score
Bryan - will the upcoming SS Falcon have any type of stickers on it? Just checking.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Foe_Hammer said:
BigDumbWookiee said:

Any word on this? Is the CE line dead after the Qui-Gon?

I had to laugh at those two posts. Who would have thought there'd be so much controversy.

Reaction score
Well, we still don't know if the CE line will continue. Amy said it might not happen next year at all, so at this point who knows?

Reaction score
yodaman said:
Bryan - will the upcoming SS Falcon have any type of stickers on it?
Just heard from a source that the Falcon won't have any type of decals on it (for those waiting for an answer to this). That's very good news

Reaction score
european minority asking :

Hi Brian...

as the Falcon got announced I'd like to know if

a) is there a paymentplan ? is there a plan to have one ? or will you charge my CC right away a total that is unknown yet as of b)
b) is the shipping rate to europe correct when I check my account info ? how will it be shipped ? DHL ?
c) is it possible or MR plan to have those Falcons SE that have been ordered from european customers ( like me ) shipped to your european distributor ( and part of your company soon/already ? Cards Inc. ) instead of shipping them to USA first ? So will/or can ( please consider! )Cards Inc. act as european warehouse for huge boxes/expensive items/expensive shipping rates like this ?

I know someone will answer this sometime ...

Reaction score
Hi Bryan,

i have a shop here in Germany and have an important question about the Falcon.
All Europeans retailers (including me) get their Falcons from the same distributor in the UK.
I have heard that a container is on the way to the UK.
Now i have heard the container might be on the wrong way and the Falcons will arrive February 8th or 9th the earliest.
Can you confirm that, or give any clue whats going on right now. The distributor holds his information low, but the customers surley want to know when their treasures will ca. arrive.

Thanks,
Philip

Reaction score
Amy / Jerry

Have emaild and PM'd but no reply as yet. I really need help with the following.

1) I requested 2 sets of replacement O rings for the full size Maul as mine are cracking. I sent my details etc but nothing has arrived since I first asked (Nov 2006 I think).

2) Is there anything that can be done to make these new ones last longer? Would Silicone spray help?

3) Does the Leia Blaster SE have 'signature' written on it (like the sabers do)? If so where?

4) Do the 'first' display boxes offered (Han ANH LE) have the 'MR' logo on the bottom?

Please let me know ASAP. Many thanks.