Ask the MR SBU Part 2

Reaction score
Bryan,

You said that MR is trying to alert customers if something is being planned then all versions it will come in will be announced at the same time if possible. When the Han Solo ANH EE is announced will a CE be announced at the same time?

Reaction score
massoh2 said:
JonathanLB said:
Eh, that'd be kind of a dorky helmet, sorry. I think I'd like to see: Scout Trooper, TIE Fighter pilot, Rebel pilot helmet(s), that kinda stuff first.
Those are cool, but we all know that clone helmets would sell better.
AOTC Clone helmets would be nice, but I'm not a big fan of the pristine version. I would be much more enthusiastic about a battle damaged version. The spec ops trooper helmet looks much better in the promo pictures (taken from the movie) than the real thing...

Reaction score
Hey Mike - what's with the birthday cake icon next to your username? Is it your birthday? If it is ... happy birthday!

Reaction score
Hedjii72 said:
Oh, I agree we need a Biker Scout helmet and X-Wing helmet, but the Snowtrooper is a real sleeper helmet. MR could do it incredibly well. C'mon, that scene where they jump through the hole in the wall is awesome! Seeing the Snowtroopers in 1980 was the first time I realized the Emperor could armor his soldiers for any environment. Plus the original helmet is readily available, so no inaccuracy concerns.
It IS an awesome scene and I always liked the snowtroopers, but I'm also of the opinion that it looks a bit too dorkey and would far rather see the TIE Fighter and Scout Trooper ones first

Reaction score
LOL! The Snowtrooper helmet is no dorkier than the Scout Trooper helmet!
C'mon! Who would want to race through the forest at 300 mph with a helmet with a BLINDER that blocks your peripheral vision!
No wonder Leia bested them!

Seriously, it's all good. I just would hate to see the Snowtrooper fall through the cracks. Anywaze, if MR releases all the obvious helmets up front, then they will be in the same "uhhhh what next?" situation they are approaching with the sabers...

Reaction score
Happy Birthday, Jedi Mike!!! Did your Wife surprise you with a Sidious LE?

Reaction score
Since the maul Double will only come with one stand does that aslo mean it will only have the one coupler with it?

Reaction score
darthbob said:
Since the maul Double will only come with one stand does that aslo mean it will only have the one coupler with it?
The double Maul will come with 2 "Battle Damaged" end caps and 1 coupler so you can use it as either 2 Battle Damged lightsabers or 1 full, double bladed lightsaber. .

Reaction score
Well, I was duly scolded by the council members for slacking off on this thread!! Personally I rather listen to what Amy has to say!

(All the way back to page 16!!!)

Once again, we really appreciate the time the "council' members took to meet with us! We understand that everyone has a job and some took time off.

Reaction score
Bryan I thought we had scared you off for good. it gets a bit rowdy in here at times

Reaction score
MRSWBryan said:
Well, I was duly scolded by the council members for slacking off on this thread!! Personally I rather listen to what Amy has to say!

Hey now, it was all in good fun, welcome back to the forums!

Reaction score
Hey Bryan,

Since we don't have a picture of the actual Fett blaster replica, would you please describe the process of how the weathering is done? Will there be physical dents or damage to the gun like we see on the Obi-Wan A New Hope saber? Please tell us about the paint process used to create the weathered look.

Thanks! We really appreciate the time you take out of your busy day!

Reaction score
Would MR consider making props from classic Disney films such as 'The Black Hole' or 'Tron ' ?

Keep up the great work MR !

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
HamSalad said:
Would MR consider making props from classic Disney films such as 'The Black Hole' or 'Tron ' ?
I would love to see some Tron props from MR....FX Disc!!

Reaction score
Yeah, Black Hole and Tron stuff would be way kool! Maquettes of VinCENT and Max would be very nice. Light up Tron costumes? Not a good idea... TronGuy

Reaction score
I may be prejudiced towards a particular character, but as Rubies repeatedly keeps dropping the ball, it's time for MR to take on a new Royal Guard helm. And the Senate Guards, both Ep1 and 3 wouldn't hurt either. And come on, what's with the holdup on the Force Pike?

Reaction score
MR,
As you know, your Darth Vader ANH LE has 6 grips instead of the 7 grips (which most believe 7 is more accurate to the original).
I'm asking if you will be or can offer a single ANH Vader grip to those who have that saber? I and probably others are thinking about getting rid of my MR saber to get a replica w/ the correct 7 grips but, if I could I'd just remove and reapply the grips on my MR saber.....
Also, we would need some info on how the grips are stuck on (ie. glue double sided tape etc..) and a suggested method of removal and reattatchment, would be nice.
NOW, I know you don't want to be responsible for people complaining that they ruined their saber, so you could just right up a disclaimer and send it with the extra grip.

One more... Will MR ever sell prop replica parts?? I think you could make a killing in parts.

Reaction score
Hey Bryan,

Will the SS Enterprise come with a display case? Or will you be providing customers a can of compressed air in the shape of a hypospray?

Reaction score
Oh, look...the thread's mic got unplugged. There. Now they should be able to hear us.

...now about that display case for the Enterprise?

Reaction score
If they can't do one for the Y-wing, I HIGHLY doubt there will be one for the big E.

Reaction score
Brian, is Master Replicas still planning on distributing the Japanese Rocketeer 12 inch figure?

Also, when is Indiana Jones stuff going to come out? Does it hinge on an Indy4 movie release? I hope not, cause Indy 4 has been "coming soon" for years and years now.

Reaction score
Hi Bryan!

Since there's debate going on about the Qui-gon LE, I was wondering if you could clear up something for everyone. What is the outer silver sleeve of the Qui-gon Jinn LE made out of? Some guys think it's maybe plastic, others are convinced it's metal.
Thanks Bryan!

Reaction score
Hi Sumdumgai!

Check out my posting on the QGJ Part 2 thread. I hope this answers many of the questions.

Bryan

Reaction score
Hi Bryan,
don't know if this has been answered yet, but in regards to the vaderhelmets, are our replacements, technically:

1. Completely new product off the assembly line,

2. reconfigured existing unreleased stock,

or

3. repaired returned helmets (in which case we could wind up with someone else's return - which is not my preference)

thanks, I believe I posed this question to Amy but never got a response, that I'm aware of. But this question is probably meant for you anyway.

Thank You

Reaction score
demorathis said:
Hi Bryan,
don't know if this has been answered yet, but in regards to the vaderhelmets, are our replacements, technically:

or

3. repaired returned helmets (in which case we could wind up with someone else's return - which is not my preference)

thanks, I believe I posed this question to Amy but never got a response, that I'm aware of. But this question is probably meant for you anyway.

Thank You
Awesome question, I'm also very interested in the answer!

Reaction score
The web site lists the dimension for the Enterprise as follows:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
approximately 32.7" x 16". Display stand measures 8" x 12" x 2" plus 12" on pole.

[/QUOTE]
I figure that this means 32L x 16W. What about the height? It references the stand, but I can't decypher how tall the model is when on the display stand.

Also, will the display stand be removable (for whatever reason)?

And, how is the power provided (where does it plug into the model)?

Really looking forward to this and the falcon coming out at the end of the year!

Reaction score
I believe the model will sit on a small rod on the bottom of it which is big enough to have a wire going through to power it.

Reaction score
Yeah, Bryan. My friend and I have both pre-ordered the Commemorative Edition Enterprise and want to get a local company to make plexiglass display covers/ cases. Could you tell me what dimensions the case should be? Is the stand substantial enough so you only need to make a cover or do you recommend having an entire display case made?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Bump

jedi_dm said:
demorathis said:
Hi Bryan,

or

Thank You

Reaction score
jedi_dm said:
Bump

jedi_dm said:
demorathis said:
Hi Bryan,

or

Thank You
addendum:
One reason we don't want to have sombody else's helmet is that there could've been other issues we could be stuck with (repaired paint, other scratches, tearing foam, uneven eye screens, etc)-- plus we don't want one that's been used -- we want - virgins --

we are, after all paying for MINT from the factory product so the replacements should be brand new, unused, uncirculated, factory direct. - you get the picture.

Reaction score
100% Agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
theyve already said that LFL requires them to destroy all of the defective helmets. they will not be refurbished.