Ask the MR SBU Part 2

Joined
May 18, 2000
Messages
5,977
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Lello999 said:
Vaapad_VII said:
MRSWBryan said:
The Vader ROTJ Reveal helmet is not our product plan at this time. The one that all of you knew about previously was replaced by the Ep III helmet to coincide with the release of Ep III (at least that was the original plan!)
I think I just heard Yodaman's heart break
Yodaman´s is not the only one! MR, please think about the decision to cancel the RotJ Reveal again!
Bummer - well, at least my wallet will be happy for a while.
 
Joined
Sep 9, 2003
Messages
14,029
Reaction score
0
Location
Ohio
I've got bills out the wazoo, but my credit card is paid off, yes, I am NOT a Broke Guy anymore, but I will still retain that name for future use of course
 
Joined
Feb 19, 2006
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Lello999 said:
Vaapad_VII said:
MRSWBryan said:
The Vader ROTJ Reveal helmet is not our product plan at this time. The one that all of you knew about previously was replaced by the Ep III helmet to coincide with the release of Ep III (at least that was the original plan!)
I think I just heard Yodaman's heart break
Yodaman´s is not the only one! MR, please think about the decision to cancel the RotJ Reveal again!

Domenik
As I wrote before about the helmet, you can hear mine too!
Please put it on again.
And as you remake retired Editions like the Han Solo Blaster, well I hate it that you might excuse that with the "more accurate" argument ("Hey, we forgot one screw on the lightsaber which we found out seeing the High-Definition Trilogy, lets sell a new one!!! *LOL*), but if you want to continue that tricky way, put the helmet on as an EE, I would be the first to order it!

As the other thead is closed now, I just want to ask you how to think about the old Han LE? False or inaccurate replica, will you send those who bought that a second plaque with: Partly accurate Replica Nr.xxx/1500
Don´t answer that , only think about what you are doing with us now and why we real collectors, not profit sellers, are very upset about this EE argument!

Best wishes from Germany
 
Joined
Nov 25, 2002
Messages
3,448
Reaction score
0
G_A_Thrawn said:
Any chance in this lifetime of getting Harrison Ford to do a signature edition?
Master Replicas has a better shot at getting Sir Alec Guinness to do a Signature Edition than to get Harrison Ford to sign anything Star Wars Related
 
Joined
Apr 23, 2004
Messages
2,613
Reaction score
0
Location
Hollywood, CA
Hey Bryan,

We've got a nice thread going (look Ma, no bashing!) about what we'd like to see as an upcoming Star Trek prop. There have been several votes for a TNG or First Contact tricorder. What a perfect prop to compliment the First Contact phaser MR made a while back. Could you chime in here and give us a hint as to what's next? Even telling us which period it will be from would give us something to ponder. I mean "The NEEDS...of the many...out...weigh the NEEDS of the few...or the (pause for major dramatic effect) ONE. I'm responsible for the LIVES of...430 scummers...and I...NEED your help, Mister! (puts arms akimbo) Spock...err..Bryan! See what you can do!

(Ouch, I think I pulled something in my toupee.)
 
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
1,770
Reaction score
0
Location
Henderson, NV
Kenwood said:
G_A_Thrawn said:
Any chance in this lifetime of getting Harrison Ford to do a signature edition?
Master Replicas has a better shot at getting Sir Alec Guinness to do a Signature Edition than to get Harrison Ford to sign anything Star Wars Related
HAHA, a little beyond the grave signing action huh?
 
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Messages
1,507
Reaction score
0
JonathanLB said:
Kenwood said:
G_A_Thrawn said:
Any chance in this lifetime of getting Harrison Ford to do a signature edition?
Master Replicas has a better shot at getting Sir Alec Guinness to do a Signature Edition than to get Harrison Ford to sign anything Star Wars Related
HAHA, a little beyond the grave signing action huh?
Perhaps MR could have a seance and have Sir Alec possess someone's body, sign a few plaques, and head back to the great beyond.
 
Joined
Aug 30, 2002
Messages
10,752
Reaction score
0
Location
The Empire State
Hey Bryan!

How about this for an idea...

Here's your ultimate 30th Anniversary piece...(and just enough to cause plenty of controversy too!)



A weathered Luke ANH Saber and the chest that Obi-Wan (Ben) kept it in all those years!!!

[image][/image]
[image][/image]
[image][/image]
[image][/image]

Oh, I would love to see this!
....But if it's a weathered version....and the box/chest is nice...I don't think there would be too much bickering! ...and with the cost of things today...and how much of it we insane collectors buy? This would be a hit!
Make a Collectors Society Exclusive for 2007!!!
 
Joined
Aug 12, 2000
Messages
3,452
Reaction score
0
Will there be mini gaffi sticks, bowcasters, skiff guard vibroblades, clone rifles, and helmets? There's plenty of life left in the minis beyond sabers and blasters.
 
Joined
Feb 11, 2006
Messages
355
Reaction score
0
Are there any plans to make .45 helmets and COLLECTOR`S EDIOTION AT-AT, Snowspeeder, Y-Wing???
 
Joined
Apr 23, 2005
Messages
4,996
Reaction score
0
Location
Western MA
I look around and did not see an answer for this question:
Is there a special stand for the Maul FX full saber, just put both stands side-by-side or use only one stand to support the whole saber?
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2006
Messages
279
Reaction score
0
If you purchase the Double Bladed Maul FX, the stand will come with the correct clear vertical stands to display the double FX Version.

If you purchase the single blade FX, it will come with one stand with the large diameter for the handle and one with the smaller diameter for the blade, just like the other FX's. If you later decide to purchase a second single bladed Maul, and you assemble to make the double, you will not have 2 complete stand sets. All you do is use 2 of the clear vertical stands with the large diameter and then your display will be for the double.

I hope this makes sense, if not, please let me know what you need clarified!
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2006
Messages
279
Reaction score
0
The reveal is not cancelled, it has just been placed later in our development schedule. Since we jsst came out with the Ep III helmet, and in the process of addressing the issues that we had, it is more a priority to make those right first!
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2006
Messages
279
Reaction score
0
Yes, we will have the photos of Hayden and James Earl Jones signing the plaques.
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2006
Messages
279
Reaction score
0
As many of you know, Star Trek is in alittle bit of a "hiatus" right now since Enterprise has been cancelled. As you already know, we are working on the TOS Enterprise and the Assault Phaser for 2006. We are now in the process of developing our 2007 plan and are acknowledging all of your great suggestions!
 
Joined
Apr 23, 2004
Messages
2,613
Reaction score
0
Location
Hollywood, CA
Thanks for the response Bryan! You are a scholar and a gentleman!! Wow, the Enterprise is going to be LONG! Great to hear it.


Looks like there will only be two items for Trek this year...that's OK. It saves more money for all the MR Star Wars items coming out this year.
 
Joined
Nov 26, 2003
Messages
410
Reaction score
0
MRSWBryan said:
If you purchase the Double Bladed Maul FX, the stand will come with the correct clear vertical stands to display the double FX Version.

If you purchase the single blade FX, it will come with one stand with the large diameter for the handle and one with the smaller diameter for the blade, just like the other FX's. If you later decide to purchase a second single bladed Maul, and you assemble to make the double, you will not have 2 complete stand sets. All you do is use 2 of the clear vertical stands with the large diameter and then your display will be for the double.

I hope this makes sense, if not, please let me know what you need clarified!
Am I understanding this correctly the double will only come with one of black displays but with two of the larger clear stand pieces ?
I have seen several of the regular FX sabers where the blades had warped over time and they at least had a little support for the blade . Maybe I'm wrong but with the length of the double blade wont it's blades warp even worse over time then the other fx sabers since they wont have anything to support the blades. It just seems silly on something this size to have no support for the blades.
 
Joined
May 23, 2005
Messages
1,754
Reaction score
1
MRSWBryan said:
The reveal is not cancelled, it has just been placed later in our development schedule. Since we jsst came out with the Ep III helmet, and in the process of addressing the issues that we had, it is more a priority to make those right first!
Hi Bryan,

Is there ANY way to include a dome? for this -- , not that it HAS to be able to connet -- I understand that there are bit's and pieces that could get damaged -- unless you guys can engineer a way for the pieces to mate as some very talented customizers/prop builders have done (who sell on ebay) --


also,

is the DV e3 magnetic connector issue the reason for the varying vader dome heights (my observation of varying dome heights varied up to about .75 of an inch -- that's a pretty big gap for just fiberglass thickness alone) ??
please say it is so -- (that means we'll ALL get the mean looking vaders)
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2006
Messages
279
Reaction score
0
Actually the magnet at the front of the dome is another issue. Some of them were not glued properly in place, so it will eventually break loose and then come through the foam pad. You can tell on your helmet if you are going to have this problem very easily. Take the dome on and off several times. After doing this, check the round foam pad and if you can now see the outline of the magnet disk, then the magnet is loose and will eventually come off.

As for the differences in the location of the eybrows relative to the eyes, that is another issue that is being adressed. If you look on the inside of your dome you will see a "dish" or as we called it "the frisbee!" Well that is placed in after the outer surface is fiberglassed. Due to the fact that the inside surface is not that consistent, sometimes the placement of the "frisbee" can be slightly off. Just a degree or so off can cause the eyebrows to be higher. We are working with our vendor to make these more consistent from helmet to helmet.

I know that was a long dissertation for a short answer!


demorathis said:
MRSWBryan said:
The reveal is not cancelled, it has just been placed later in our development schedule. Since we jsst came out with the Ep III helmet, and in the process of addressing the issues that we had, it is more a priority to make those right first!
Hi Bryan,

Is there ANY way to include a dome? for this -- , not that it HAS to be able to connet -- I understand that there are bit's and pieces that could get damaged -- unless you guys can engineer a way for the pieces to mate as some very talented customizers/prop builders have done (who sell on ebay) --


also,

is the DV e3 magnetic connector issue the reason for the varying vader dome heights (my observation of varying dome heights varied up to about .75 of an inch -- that's a pretty big gap for just fiberglass thickness alone) ??
please say it is so -- (that means we'll ALL get the mean looking vaders)
 
Joined
Aug 12, 2000
Messages
3,452
Reaction score
0
Is the Qui-Gon Jinn mini all-metal? What is the release schedule for the mini blasters?
 
Joined
May 23, 2005
Messages
1,754
Reaction score
1
That answer is perfect -- I like the involved explanations it covers all angles =D

oh what about the reveal?

Also I like the fact that you guys are honoring the lopsided stormtrooper for the LE
at gives us hope for the empire vader face we are all so familiar with...oh and if you DO do the vaderhelm from empire, can you guys construct it with the same thickness if fiberglass -- as the originals as well as the don posts? (they were all really thick up to almost 1/4 in....


As for the forehead magnet -- maybe it should be glued / secured more DIRECTLY to the fiberglass somehow...in the dome
 
Joined
Nov 26, 2003
Messages
410
Reaction score
0
<font color="blue">MRSWBryan wrote:
If you purchase the Double Bladed Maul FX, the stand will come with the correct clear vertical stands to display the double FX Version.

If you purchase the single blade FX, it will come with one stand with the large diameter for the handle and one with the smaller diameter for the blade, just like the other FX's. If you later decide to purchase a second single bladed Maul, and you assemble to make the double, you will not have 2 complete stand sets. All you do is use 2 of the clear vertical stands with the large diameter and then your display will be for the double.

I hope this makes sense, if not, please let me know what you need clarified! </font>




Am I understanding this correctly the double will only come with one of black displays but with two of the larger clear stand pieces ?
I have seen several of the regular FX sabers where the blades had warped over time and they at least had a little support for the blade . Maybe I'm wrong but with the length of the double blade wont it's blades warp even worse over time then the other fx sabers since they wont have anything to support the blades. It just seems silly on something this size to have no support for the blades.
 
Joined
May 1, 2005
Messages
331
Reaction score
0
Hallo Bryan

I do not know if this question was asked before (and wasn´t able to find a answer by usning the search option).

Will we see a Dr. Doom Mask from "Fantastic Four" in the near future or at least is there a chance that we´ll see it at all?

Thanks a lot

Have a nice day
Domenik
 
Joined
Nov 10, 2005
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Hi Bryan
I am wondering about the sounds on the Maul FX, if they'll be all new sounds from TPM, or if they're sounds used on previous sabers. Thanks!
 
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
6,278
Reaction score
0
Hi Bryan, now that MR is getting into puppetry with Kermit, what's the likelihood of seeing Salacious Crumb or ESB Yoda?
 
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
1,611
Reaction score
0
Hedjii72 said:
Hi Bryan, now that MR is getting into puppetry with Kermit, what's the likelihood of seeing Salacious Crumb or ESB Yoda?
I think Bryan mentioned a while back that a Yoda puppet in the same vein as Kermit wasn't possible because of licensing issues. Something about Yoda being classed as a character,rather than a prop.
 
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
6,278
Reaction score
0
Hi Bryan, what is the likelihood of getting a Snowtrooper helmet? You know how we fanboys love Hoth stuff from ESB!

 
Joined
Feb 20, 2006
Messages
3,916
Reaction score
0
Hedjii72 said:
Hi Bryan, what is the likelihood of getting a Snowtrooper helmet? You know how we fanboys love Hoth stuff from ESB!


I Second that!
 
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
1,770
Reaction score
0
Location
Henderson, NV
Eh, that'd be kind of a dorky helmet, sorry. I think I'd like to see: Scout Trooper, TIE Fighter pilot, Rebel pilot helmet(s), that kinda stuff first.
 
Joined
Jun 28, 2005
Messages
3,936
Reaction score
0
yeah im not too into snowtroopers. Biker Scouts are cool though
 
Joined
Jul 31, 2004
Messages
4,352
Reaction score
0
Location
Philadelphia
notice carefully those snowtrooper pics....they are very different. one is a grunt---left the other is an officer--right. there are differences like the metal greeblies and the front shroud?? is soft ont he grunt and hard on the officer...

this was pointed out over at the RPF....
 
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
669
Reaction score
0
Hi Bryan, It would be great to a set of something like the Darth Maul control bracelet & sith binochulars from TPM...very easy to make & would look well cool in one case together. + they were real props.
 
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
669
Reaction score
0
Congrats on the Snowspeeder AP, but hushh now. Or I'll tell bryan you stick pins in a sideshow 12" Bryan doll.
 
Joined
Feb 14, 2006
Messages
323
Reaction score
0
JonathanLB said:
Eh, that'd be kind of a dorky helmet, sorry. I think I'd like to see: Scout Trooper, TIE Fighter pilot, Rebel pilot helmet(s), that kinda stuff first.
I agree. Although I like the snowtrooper, I think the Rebel Pilot Helmet/Tie Fighter helmet and scout trooper helmet would be much better choices for the next iteration of helmets.
 
Joined
Nov 3, 2005
Messages
2,613
Reaction score
0
JonathanLB said:
Eh, that'd be kind of a dorky helmet, sorry. I think I'd like to see: Scout Trooper, TIE Fighter pilot, Rebel pilot helmet(s), that kinda stuff first.
Those are cool, but we all know that clone helmets would sell better.
 
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
6,278
Reaction score
0
Oh, I agree we need a Biker Scout helmet and X-Wing helmet, but the Snowtrooper is a real sleeper helmet. MR could do it incredibly well. C'mon, that scene where they jump through the hole in the wall is awesome! Seeing the Snowtroopers in 1980 was the first time I realized the Emperor could armor his soldiers for any environment. Plus the original helmet is readily available, so no inaccuracy concerns.
 
Top