Ask the MR SBU Part 2

Reaction score
I am sure that EVERYONE would like Harrison Fords signature on a SS Falcon...I heard that he does not do the autograph thing, he once said in an interview, with Oprah I believe, that the chatacter of Han had nowhere to grow, and that he would like to leave SW behind to work on'serious' acting. Maybe we can get Peter Mayhew to sign for Chewie, I heard that he became a US citizen and lives in Texas.

Reaction score
Na....Ford's still game...He signed stuff for me in NYC....
Whether or not he'd do an MR ttype thing might be questionable...
But he is not in the Liam/Ewan/Alec(R.I.P) camp when it comes to signing stuff!

Reaction score
Hey Bryan,

When studying props for research for the replicas, how does Paramount compare to Lucasfilm with regards to the condition of the original props (how they are kept/preserved)? Did Paramount have a decent hero version of the Assault Phaser to look at or did you have to locate one from a private collector?

Thanks as always!

Reaction score
For the Star Trek props we have access to many of the original props. As you may know, most all of the original props are in the possession of either fans or the original model makers. . . When we can find the atual props (screen used) we will scan it and also take physical measurements.

Obviously for TOS, that is now 40 years old, so they really do not have an "archive" like Lucasfilm. . .

Reaction score
Hi Bryan

Does MR have any options for y-wing owners to control dust?

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi Chue

Since there is no case for this, we suggest using the little spray cans of compressed air and very carefully use it to get dust out of the fine details. You can also use a feather duster, but please be careful that the feathers do not get caught.

We are still trying to identify a source for the displays, but because of the possible low quantities, it is not any cheaper than you going directly to an acrylic converter and sourcing it yourself. However, we will continue to look into this. . .

Reaction score
Hello Bryan,

There is any chance to see in the near future a Luke ROTJ Signature Edition?.

Will be really fine get the entire trilogy signed

Regards,

Reaction score
Bryan,
Is there any plans or working on a LE for Obi-Wan THe Phantom Menace? Just wondering

Reaction score
What will the CE Stormtrooper helmets be made of?

Will these me made of resin like the sabers or will we be seeing vacuformed ABS/Styrene, or perhaps something else?

G

Hello Bryan! I don't know if this has been asked before, but will the old Anakin AOTC, Darth Vader ANH, or Luke ESB FX lightsabers be rereleased in the future?

Reaction score
If possible, I would still like an answer... or at least an acknowledgement I've said something...

Posted2/9 here :

Gytheran said:
Why? Becuase it seems as though my question has been ignored.

jango22 said:
I have a question - I have a special ops helmet and the small blue line markings under the cheec section on my helmet seem to be decals and not painted on - another scummer has checked theirs and they say that on their one they are painted on - if this is the case - what is the deal ?.

MRSWBryan said:
Hi Jango22

You are correct, yours probably has decals. During production, QC was having a little problem with the painted stripes. The number of rejects was very high because of what is called overspray. This can happen because the factory uses a "spray mask" to paint the stripes. Since each of the helmets is Hand-Laid fiberglass, the surface of each helmet may not always be exactly the same, thus causing very small gaps between the spray mask and the surface of the helmet. So, when it is sprayed, paint gets into these gaps and can produces a slightly "fuzzy line" So at some time during production, they switched to decals which gave cleaner lines more consistently.

I hope that answers your question! Please let me know if you need more detail.

1/28
Gytheran said:
MRSWBryan said:
Hi Jango22

You are correct, yours probably has decals. During production, QC was having a little problem with the painted stripes. The number of rejects was very high because of what is called overspray. This can happen because the factory uses a "spray mask" to paint the stripes. Since each of the helmets is Hand-Laid fiberglass, the surface of each helmet may not always be exactly the same, thus causing very small gaps between the spray mask and the surface of the helmet. So, when it is sprayed, paint gets into these gaps and can produces a slightly "fuzzy line" So at some time during production, they switched to decals which gave cleaner lines more consistently.

I would really like to know at what point the process was changed, if that is even possible. I'm just curious to know how many Spec-Ops helmets out there are hand-painted versus not.

... no reply ...

1/31
Gytheran said:
To reiterate my earlier question, I would love to hear more details regarding the change from painted to decal stripes on the Spec-Ops clone helmets. How many were painted versus not.

Thanks,

Joe

... no reply ...

2/5
Gytheran said:
MRSWBryan said:
Hi Jango22

I would like more detail, please. What is the ratio of decal to hand-painted helmets?
... no reply ...

2/8
Gytheran said:
I give up...

Reaction score
hey Bryan ,

1. will the Stormtrooper helmet have the flat green lenses or bubble lenses ? or will both be offered ?

2. MR seems to be putting out 2 helmets per year - is it safe to say that we will not see a Episode 2 AOTC clone trooper helmet until 2008 or beyond ?

since in 2007 we will probably see Tie Pilot and X-Wing Pilot helmets for the 30th

is there any plan to release the AOTC trooper helmet ? or a possible year mentioned ?

thanks

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Sorry for the "forum" silence, but I have been really busy with Toy Fair and other issues!

TK427; We are currently developing 3 editions of the Storm Trooper Helmet: CE, LE and EE. It is important to note that just because we are developing all 3, this does not mean that we will ultimately release all 3. However, when they are made available, the editions will be identified so that you can make the decision of which one you would like to purchase: Here are the 3 (currently) editions and a brief description:

CE: Vacuum formed in 4 pieces: Face Mask, Dome and 2 ears. The geometry of the helmet will be symmetrical as it was intended to be. The lense will be a flat lense.
LE: This will be vacuum formed in 4 pieces: Face Mask, Dome and 2 ears. The material will be more premium than the the CE version. The geometry will be "wonky" exactly as seen on screen. The lense will be the bubble lense. The inside will be padded.
EE: This will be made in 4 pieces, as well However, this will made of hand laid fiberglass. The gemoetry will be symmtrical. The lense will be the bubble lense. The inside will have premium padding.

We have not finalized our product plan for 2007 yet, so future helmets are still in discussion. . .

Reaction score
I like the idea of giving people various options for the helmets. I probably go CE on the stormtrooper.

Will there be a CE version of the Fett helmet too?

MRSWBryan said:
We have not finalized our product plan for 2007 yet, so future helmets are still in discussion. . .
Well I do hope you are discussing a Vader ANH helmet

Reaction score
We are working on 2 versions of the Fett Helmet. Once again, working on them does not guarantee production!!

CE: Vacuum formed bucket. The ear pieces will be either injection molded plastic (except the antenna) or die cast.
LE: Fiberglass. The ear pieces will be either die cast or machined aluminum. We are working on making the 2 LED's on top of the helmet blink.

Reaction score
MRSWBryan said:
We are working on making the 2 LED's on top of the helmet blink.
Now that would be cool.

Bryan, is there a timeframe on when these MIGHT ship? Did these get pushed back on your schedule at all due to all the helmet issues MR is dealing with?

Reaction score
I do not have an available date for the Fett helmet at this time. We are proceeding to keep on schedule, but I can tell you that we are proceeding taking into account the problems we encountered with our first helmet offerings. As you know, we have experienced a few "growing pains" recently!

Reaction score
thanks for all the info Bryan ! !

(added exclamation )

Reaction score
Interesting info about both helmets, thanks for the early heads up Bryan.

Reaction score
TK427 said:
thanks for all the info Bryan ! much appreciated , but any plans to make an AOTC clone helmet ? year ?
Yeah, we need an AOTC helmet for a complete clone evolution

Reaction score
I was planning on getting the stormtrooper helmet but after hearing its going to be made out of plastic they can keep it. Why are are the other LE helmets being made out of fiber glass but the stormtrooper LE is going to be made out of plastic. Is it just so you can make the fiberglass version an EE and charge twice as much ?

Reaction score
Yes, there is a conspiracy behind every decision that MR makes

The original stormtrooper helmets where made of plastic, so in order to have a acurate LE, it should be made of "plastic" and not be symmetrical. A fiberglass EE would be an idealized version of the stormtrooper helmet.

As bryan stated, the Fett LE will be made from fiberglass so it's not just for the money.

Reaction score
I would like to request that MR consider making Clone Commander Helmets - since the 2007 plan is not finished. Commander Cody, or Bly or Gree... any will do !

Reaction score
Darthbob

The LE version of the Storm Trooper helmet is vacuum formed because that is the way the original helmets were made. The original helmets were made out of polyethylene, that is why the paint chipped and peeled off most of the original helmets. (It is like painting on tupperware, nothing really sticks) MR will, obvioulsy, not use Polyethylene for our material!

As for the Fett, the ones that are in the archives are fiberglass.

I hope this answers your questions. . .

Reaction score
Hello,
I like the idea how the CE line. I'm only 17 and only collect sith sabers. Right now I have 4 LEs, still missing sidious LE. I have the full Maul LE but missed out on the BD LE. Are there any plans making a maul full and BD CES?

Thanks, Bob

Reaction score
Bryan, are there any upates on the rumored Vader ROTJ Reveal Helmet?

G

Hello Bryan,
So are you saying the Stormtrooper helmet EE is the EE for this year? I was surprised to hear it is a helmet and not a lightsaber or gun.
btw, I like the idea of the blinking lights on the Fett helmet.

KBA

Reaction score
MRSWBryan said:
Hi Everyone!

Sorry for the "forum" silence, but I have been really busy with Toy Fair and other issues!

TK427; We are currently developing 3 editions of the Storm Trooper Helmet: CE, LE and EE. It is important to note that just because we are developing all 3, this does not mean that we will ultimately release all 3. However, when they are made available, the editions will be identified so that you can make the decision of which one you would like to purchase: Here are the 3 (currently) editions and a brief description:

CE: Vacuum formed in 4 pieces: Face Mask, Dome and 2 ears. The geometry of the helmet will be symmetrical as it was intended to be. The lense will be a flat lense.
LE: This will be vacuum formed in 4 pieces: Face Mask, Dome and 2 ears. The material will be more premium than the the CE version. The geometry will be "wonky" exactly as seen on screen. The lense will be the bubble lense. The inside will be padded.
EE: This will be made in 4 pieces, as well However, this will made of hand laid fiberglass. The gemoetry will be symmtrical. The lense will be the bubble lense. The inside will have premium padding.

Crazy news!

Wow, right now for me it's either the Fett LE or the Stormtrooper EE...

Really hoping the Fett paint job detail improves alot, aswell as the color.

Would love to have the EE bucket if the Fett falls through its expectations

Reaction score
darth_fetty said:
Hello Bryan,
So are you saying the Stormtrooper helmet EE is the EE for this year? I was surprised to hear it is a helmet and not a lightsaber or gun.
btw, I like the idea of the blinking lights on the Fett helmet.
I think it'd be speculation at this stage ... all he's said is that the items are UNDER DEVELOPMENT and that this does NOT necessarily mean they'll reach actual PRODUCTION. If the developmental CE stormie just looked rubbish for example (like a Rubies bucket) - I figure they'd decide not to produce it and go for better quality as an LE/EE.

They most likely have a target date planned - it's a business after all - but projects slip and if he were to say something like they're aiming for Summer 2006 and that gets pushed back, I'll bet a load of people here would then start complaining that they can't meet their target dates etc etc

An helmet EE ... seems like a logical progression from lightsabers ... helmet or a blaster IMO. I like the idea of a stormie EE myself and it'd be the one I would go for ... maybe a CE for fooling around with depending on the price ...

KBA

Reaction score
Markimus said:
I would like to request that MR consider making Clone Commander Helmets - since the 2007 plan is not finished. Commander Cody, or Bly or Gree... any will do !
Really hoping to see a Cody helmet sometime too MR, that would be wicked

Also would love to see an orange-striped normal clone trooper helmet (Utopua)