ASK AMY! Part 11

Reaction score
MRCUSTOMERCARE said:
I will let him know.

Bingo_Bongo said:
Good morning Amy,

I wonder if you could nudge Brian and ask him if he'll look at the "Stormtrooper Helmet Questions" thread, lower down on this page

There are a number of us who'd like to know a little more about this new product

Cheers

Jez
Amy, if would be great if he could put 5 mins aside to answer the questions I raised.

I dont think he will find them too onerous and I think there are a number of people who would be interested in his response

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
Amy -

Is MR doing anything to address the numerous problems found in the Enterprise?
For details see the thread at the RPF, in particular post number 761:

http://www.theRPF.com/index.php?showtopic=112009

By address I mean in a systematic way, rather than saying that people who
don't like it can return it for a refund. Why has the Enterprise been produced
with so many problems while the Falcon has had so few?

thanks,
Adam

Reaction score
Hi Yodasan and all,

We have had only 11 returns on the Enterprise and have sent out over 600 now so we have a very small return rate on this product as I have stated in our forums. I understand that some people have had some problems and we are very sorry about it. Anyone who has one they are not happy with can send it in for a replacement.

What I have seen on our forums is alot of people speculating because they have heard some bad reports which makes the problem look worse than it is. I understand that the people who received a defective one are dissapointed, and they should be, but we will replace it for them.

Reaction score
Amy, any word on when the Y-wing plaques will be sent out? It's been a while and I've not heard any updates.
Thanks.

Reaction score
I think it would be cool, for the collectors late to the game, if MR re-released the Obi Wan Episode IV Weathered light saber with some minor tweaks (to make it different from the 1st release).

Quite honestly, the product is too nice to be limited to 2500 pieces.

Reaction score
ruiner said:
I think it would be cool, for the collectors late to the game, if MR re-released the Obi Wan Episode IV Weathered light saber with some minor tweaks (to make it different from the 1st release).

pitchforks and torches at the ready!

Reaction score
ruiner said:

Personally I hope that would never happen. It was released as a Limited Edition of 2500, so there should never ever be more of these released by MR. To do otherwise would just make a mockery of the entire concept of limited edition products and would cause more major harm to all of the collectors of this entire line than any possible very short term gain for a few newcomers.

Collectors who are late to collecting MR can do what the rest of us did when we also missed out on the initial releases, patiently search eBay.

Reaction score
ruiner said:

Your name with this comment tells alot

Reaction score
PANTHER96 said:
Here we go again.
Following the same line of thinking from another current thread, why should the new Weathered Gree helmet be only a CS exclusive limited to 500. Some people who want one obviously won't be able to because of the low number made and the necessity of being a CS member to purchase one!

I fully agree these posts do become tedious, but not because some of us appreciate limited edition collectibles!

Collect what you can, when you can, and be happy to have the opportunity to have any of this stuff offered at all at any price.

Reaction score
Hey Amy,
I have a question concerning my 2004 Gold Count Dooku .45 scaled Lightsaber. I have all this information in a thread here. Please let me know if it's a fake or maybe even a rare chase? I'm not sure what it is.

Thanks!

Reaction score
is it at all possible to find out how close the han EE blaster is to selling out. i'm close to pulling the trigger on one. the only problem is there are a few other MR items i want to get before i get the han. i dont want to all of a sudden find out they're all gone.

Reaction score
Shadow said:
ruiner said:

Personally I hope that would never happen. It was released as a Limited Edition of 2500, so there should never ever be more of these released by MR. To do otherwise would just make a mockery of the entire concept of limited edition products and would cause more major harm to all of the collectors of this entire line than any possible very short term gain for a few newcomers.

Collectors who are late to collecting MR can do what the rest of us did when we also missed out on the initial releases, patiently search eBay.
Yeah, I know it's not the best idea from a collector standpoint but look at what MR did with the AT-AT.

Yoda's lightsaber (when it was released under the ROTS heading) was pretty much the same as the AOTC version, minus a few scratches here and there.

I don't want to start an argument, but if you're a company looking to maximize your investment, and have the demand for a product - one would think they would want to captialize on it.

It would appear that that there is more demand for ANH replicas these days, especially with the 30th Anniversary upon us.

Just trying to help both parties out - minus the 2500 who already have one! But why should they care? They collect to collect, right?

Reaction score
Hi Rusty,

I can tell you that we didn't have any rare chase versions. This was either a factory defect or someone painted over it.

Rusty_Jones said:
Hey Amy,
I have a question concerning my 2004 Gold Count Dooku .45 scaled Lightsaber. I have all this information in a thread here. Please let me know if it's a fake or maybe even a rare chase? I'm not sure what it is.

Thanks!

Reaction score
I think there is probably 50-100 left. I cannot give you an exact number because there are orders pending that need to be filled.

DARTHPOTTS1975 said:
is it at all possible to find out how close the han EE blaster is to selling out. i'm close to pulling the trigger on one. the only problem is there are a few other MR items i want to get before i get the han. i dont want to all of a sudden find out they're all gone.

Reaction score
ruiner said:
Just trying to help both parties out - minus the 2500 who already have one! But why should they care? They collect to collect, right?
I would be one of those 2500; I do collect to collect. I just don’t want to lose what I collect by having it constantly redefined and re-issued. What I have now in my collection is a LE, one of 2500 total made. That would no longer be true if they start making them again, I would still have my original item but it would change the nature of the items in my collection from being a collection of unique, hard to find MR Limited Editions.

MR can maximize their bottom line and keep all of us happy by continuing to release new items like the just announced X-Wing and Slave 1 studio scale models. Just keep making new stuff that both the old and new MR collectors alike can keep purchasing.

Reaction score
Amy, any word on when the Y-wing plaques will be sent out? It's been a while and I've not heard any updates.
Thanks for any info.

Reaction score
Amy, it would be great if he could put 5 mins aside to answer the questions I raised.

I dont think he will find them too onerous and I think there are a number of people who would be interested in his response

Cheers

Jez
Bingo_Bongo said:
MRCUSTOMERCARE said:
I will let him know.

Bingo_Bongo said:
Good morning Amy,

I wonder if you could nudge Brian and ask him if he'll look at the "Stormtrooper Helmet Questions" thread, lower down on this page

There are a number of us who'd like to know a little more about this new product

Cheers

Jez
Amy, if would be great if he could put 5 mins aside to answer the questions I raised.

Cheers

Jez

Reaction score
Amy -

Please reconsider making the new blueprints (eg the helmets) available
for sale! I think there is a rising interest in SW art, spurred largely by
the ACME Clone Wars stuff. The original sets of blueprints sold didn't they?
I think if you make more, to increase the size of the line, then there will be
more interest. And I bet there would be a lot of interest in blueprints of
the studio scale ships - imagine how many people would get a diagram of
the Falcon to hang behind their SS Falcon! I would for sure.

-Adam

Reaction score
Amy, slightly bizaare question.

Do MR have a shadow trooper clone helmet in the pipeline, it's just that I have sen it available for pre-order on a web-site here in the UK.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Darth_Milo said:
Dear Amy,

When will the Falcon LE be available for retailers in Europe ?

Thanks,
Alain
A very very very good question.I hope in 2007

Reaction score
Not a queastion, but a praise....Didn't have anywhere else to put this

THANK YOU AMY & MASTER REPLICAS
!!!!!!!!!!

The only replicas I've been collecting since MR came onto the scene are the FX Lightsabers
. These are far cooler (in my opinion) than the other saber replicas that MR makes
. I just received my DARTH MAUL FX today and I am totally jazzed....THIS THING ROCKS
!!! The only one I have yet to get is the LUKE EPIV/ANH version and I'll have 'em all
. Amy, I am so very sorry
that we will not have you here anymore (at least for SW collectibles), but you deserve all of the recent recognition that you have received AND MORE
!!! Thanks again for all of your hard work and for putting up with all us GEEKS
!!!!!!

VIA CON DIOS !

Jason-

Reaction score
Amy, back in early Febuary I sent an email requesting a plaque for my special ops helmet (I was one of the ones who recieved it sans plaque or paperwork). I have not heard a thing yet. Should I send another email? PM you? contact my retailer? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks, Tim

Reaction score
Hi Bango,

I am so sorry this has not been handled yet. Please send another request to customerservice@masterreplicas.com and we will get it out to you.

Bango_Fett said:
Amy, back in early Febuary I sent an email requesting a plaque for my special ops helmet (I was one of the ones who recieved it sans plaque or paperwork). I have not heard a thing yet. Should I send another email? PM you? contact my retailer? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks, Tim

Reaction score
Hello Amy,yesterday i "got" my Y-Wing plaque from MR,but in my envelope was only the lamination sheet for the plaque,and nothing more (also no adhesive tape on the lamination sheet,and the envelope)??.I think the plaque is slide out of the envelope. After i was waiting so long of this piece is there a chance to get another one with my own Y- Wing number?

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Reaction score
Why was it that you changed to DHL?

I am not saying FedEX is all that - but at least I got my stuff from them!

DHL is a joke!

(I am having a really really really really really really really bad time with them and I would rather you send any other way........including snail mail!).

So I guess this isn't much of a question....but the fact of the matter is that they have had my package with them for 4 days now and they are not delivering it without me calling them about such!

I guess what I am saying is that you might expect to hear more from me about this and it is not that I am angry with you per se...or MR - I am just upset at DHL and wanted to give you feedback on them!

(You aren't the only company that ships with them unfortunately and this is not the first and I am sure not the last time that I will complain about them!).

Reaction score
Plaque received, Thanks Amy

MRCUSTOMERCARE said:
Hi Bango,

I am so sorry this has not been handled yet. Please send another request to customerservice@masterreplicas.com and we will get it out to you.

Bango_Fett said:

Reaction score
Hi Amy,
I just bought 2 factory sealed items, and they have no plaques or am I just over looking them?

Reaction score
Hi Amy, this is ig88srevenge from the combat trials. I received an email a while back saying that if we were unable to make it to perform at the relocated combat trials at Jim Henson studios MR would send us a special conselation prize. I was unable to make it and sent out an email to inform MR. I have not received anything yet and several weeks ago tried contacting customer service and the combat trials email but have not recieved a response. I don't mean to sound pushy or anything but am just curious as to what's going on with this. Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi Amy

I bought a Shockertrooper helmet back in March and I discovered a crack forming while dusting the the other day. I was wondering is it better to talk to you direct or to go through my MR retailer as to what to do? I live in Australia and so does the Retailer I bought through.

Regards

Reaction score
Hi Amy....when do you expect to start shipping the OT Trooper helmets? I've heard rumours of late October...but your website still says "Late Summer".

I'd love to hear the official answer...

Thanks

Reaction score
KevVader said:
Hi Amy....when do you expect to start shipping the OT Trooper helmets? I've heard rumours of late October...but your website still says "Late Summer".

I'd love to hear the official answer...

Thanks

Helllloooo?

Can anyone answer this? The MR website still says "Late Summer" and we're in October!