ASK AMY! Part 11

Reaction score
Amy,
I know its not star wars, buy you guys should get the TMNT license. I would love some of Ralph's sais.

Reaction score
Good morning! I just want to throw an idea out there. I know that there has been a lot of complaining about the Collector's Society not really offering any perks that make the purchase worth while. Well, there are several lightsabers that could be "rehashed" like Count Dooku and Mace Windu from Revenge of the Sith. Why not offer something like this... make it a very small edition size - like 500 - and offer it only to collector's society members. This would give people who missed these the first time through a chance to grab one and the edition size would be small enough as to not upset collectors.

Reaction score
Jorusexar said:
Good morning! I just want to throw an idea out there. I know that there has been a lot of complaining about the Collector's Society not really offering any perks that make the purchase worth while. Well, there are several lightsabers that could be "rehashed" like Count Dooku and Mace Windu from Revenge of the Sith. Why not offer something like this... make it a very small edition size - like 500 - and offer it only to collector's society members. This would give people who missed these the first time through a chance to grab one and the edition size would be small enough as to not upset collectors.
If they did that, they should be CEs. More people could get them, and won't bring down the vaule of dooku's or windu's. They are the same sabers (dooku with a more cromed area) so rehasing sabers probaly won't be the best idea, with MR rehasing the Han ANH as an EE, it still hasn't sold out.

Reaction score
That's fine. I was just trying to make a point that there is no reason to join the collector's society right now unless you like playing the weekly newsletter game. You point out yourself that ordering early doesn't matter anymore. Nothing sells out quickly. All I was trying to say is that I would like to see MR pull out a major surprise or two with a VERY small edition size of something cool and make it available only to society members.

Reaction score
Has any one heard anything from Amy this week??

I have an email in to her and have not heard anything back, just wondering!!

Reaction score
Maybe she took a vacation.....employees do that from time to time (not slammin' anybody, just thinking out loud!)

I think she mentioned that a short while ago, there was a family issue that needed addressing also....didn't she?

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I am so sorry I have not answered anyone's questions or pms yet this week. I just got back from LA getting William Shatner's signature on our Enterprise plaques. I will get to the pms as soon as I can!

jedi_dm said:
Has any one heard anything from Amy this week??

I have an email in to her and have not heard anything back, just wondering!!

Reaction score
MRCUSTOMERCARE said:
Hello Everyone!

I am so sorry I have not answered anyone's questions or pms yet this week. I just got back from LA getting William Shatner's signature on our Enterprise plaques. I will get to the pms as soon as I can!
Well Amy, at least you know you were missed, eh?

Reaction score
MRCUSTOMERCARE said:
Hello Everyone!

You've been away from US because you were hanging with HIM?! Where are your priorities?!

Can you tell us what it was like? Sounds pretty cool!

Reaction score
It was actually very cool. We did the signing at his office. He was very nice and very accomodating. We were there for about 3 hours unwrapping plaques, having him sign them and then wrapping them again. We talked a little about Star Trek and about Boston Legal (one of my favorite shows which he is brilliant in). I asked him if he would like an Enterprise for his office and he said he would love one. He was also gracious enough to sign something personal for me, for Bryan and for MR.

Jedi_Mansur said:
MRCUSTOMERCARE said:
Hello Everyone!

You've been away from US because you were hanging with HIM?! Where are your priorities?!

Reaction score
MRCUSTOMERCARE said:
He was also gracious enough to sign something personal for me, for Bryan and for CORGI.
Fixed that for ya Amy...

Reaction score
MRCUSTOMERCARE said:
It was actually very cool. We did the signing at his office. He was very nice and very accomodating. We were there for about 3 hours unwrapping plaques, having him sign them and then wrapping them again. We talked a little about Star Trek and about Boston Legal (one of my favorite shows which he is brilliant in). I asked him if he would like an Enterprise for his office and he said he would love one. He was also gracious enough to sign something personal for me, for Bryan and for MR.

Jedi_Mansur said:
MRCUSTOMERCARE said:
Hello Everyone!

Cool! Thanks for sharing, Amy!

Reaction score
msmjr2003 said:
MRCUSTOMERCARE said:
Hello Everyone!

Well Amy, at least you know you were missed, eh?
Ditto!!

Reaction score
MRCUSTOMERCARE said:

Wow, Amy. You are SO lucky! It's been a life-long dream of mine to meet him. And you're right, Boston Legal is great. Shatner is giving the best acting of his career. His chemistry with James Spader is a hallmark of the show.

On to business...waaaay back I sent the email for the Han blaster plaque with the important details yet I never received my plaque. Could you help a fellow BL fan out?
I could forward the original email to you if you tell me where to send it.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Do we get any kind of confirmation on the mail away plaques? I sent my Luke email last week and was wondering about that. Thanks,

John

Reaction score
Hi Amy,

Any word on the winners of the Pirates of the Caribbean contest? I haven't heard anything from you all and I wanted to make sure that you didn't lose my email address.

MAF

Reaction score
Hi, Amy!

Can you please confirm which of the Edition Size plaques have been issued? I've submitted requests for several but am still missing a few.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Hi JCoffman,

I don't send out confirmation emails for the plaques. I just go through the emails and mail them out.

jcoffman99 said:
Do we get any kind of confirmation on the mail away plaques? I sent my Luke email last week and was wondering about that. Thanks,

John

Reaction score
A winner has been picked and their affidavit is being sent out to them today I believe. Once we get it back we will announce the name of the winner.

IronFist said:
Hi Amy,

Any word on the winners of the Pirates of the Caribbean contest? I haven't heard anything from you all and I wanted to make sure that you didn't lose my email address.

Reaction score
Yoda
Han
Anakin
Obi
Sidious
Vader
Luke SE

MAF said:
Hi, Amy!

Can you please confirm which of the Edition Size plaques have been issued? I've submitted requests for several but am still missing a few.

Thanks in advance.

Mauricio

Reaction score
Dear Amy,

Can you confirm the aproximate release date of the next replicas?

- Boba Fett Blaster Signature Edition
- Han Solo ANH Blaster Elite Edition
- Millenium Falcon Studio Scale Signature Edition
- Darth Vader ROTJ Lightsaber Signature Edition

I got them on order, so I would like to have at least an aproximate so I can plan my finances ahead. I hope this information is useful for the rest of the people here.

What would mean Early/Late Fall/Winter?

Regards,

Mauricio

Reaction score
MRCUSTOMERCARE said:
Yoda
Han
Anakin
Obi
Sidious
Vader
Luke SE

MAF said:
Hi, Amy!

Thanks in advance.

Any idea When the Luke ANH LE's will go out?

MAF

Reaction score
MRCUSTOMERCARE said:
Yoda
Han
Anakin
Obi
Sidious
Vader
Luke SE

MAF said:
Hi, Amy!

Thanks in advance.
Thanks, Amy. PM sent.

Reaction score
Hey Amy,

Can you comment on the just-released news that the Vader Helmets are now a "take it or leave it" item? If my Vader Helmet arrives flawed in some way, I have NO recourse other than a refund? That just doesn't seem right and out-of-character for MR . . . . can you please give us some insight into this issue? Thank you so much!

Reaction score
I'd also like to know if this is an across the board policy change. I am expecting my first and only Shocktrooper helmet. If it is defective, is my only recourse a refund, or do I get a second chance? (Mind you, I hope it is perfect.)

Reaction score
She said in the other thread that it only affects the replacement helmets...Everything else is the same as its always been

Reaction score
Jedi_Rainman said:
She said in the other thread that it only affects the replacement helmets...Everything else is the same as its always been
I wonder when MR was going to inform customers of this return policy? Obviously customers who are receiving replacements should have this info. (I know I would want to know).

Reaction score
Will there be a second plaque issued for the Studio Scale Y-Wings since the final edition size is not listed on their plaques?

Reaction score
I believe it will start shipping in November or December. However these will be shipping in waves as we get them in.

JediDave76 said:
Hi Amy,

when is the Falcon scheduled to ship out?

thanks
dave

Reaction score
Yes! We are in the process of making the 2nd plaques for these.

Shadow said:
Will there be a second plaque issued for the Studio Scale Y-Wings since the final edition size is not listed on their plaques?

Reaction score
Hi Yodaman,

If people call in with a complaint we let them know we will offer them a refund if they do not want the helmet. Our returns policy has always stated that we will replace if we can. If we can't we have the option to offer a refund instead:

"If you purchased your Product directly from Master Replicas and it arrived damaged beyond repair, we will, at our option, provide you with either a replacement Product, subject to availability, or a refund of the purchase price of the Product, including shipping and handling. To receive a replacement or refund, you must follow the procedures described below for obtaining warranty service."

Although it may seem different because there are half a dozen people or so on this forum that are not happy with their helmets, we have not had many complaints on the replacement helmets.

yodaman said:
Jedi_Rainman said:
I wonder when MR was going to inform customers of this return policy? Obviously customers who are receiving replacements should have this info. (I know I would want to know).

Reaction score
Thanks Amy

You mentioned the Falcons shipping in waves starting Nov./Dec. - can you shed some light on how the waves will be prioritized? Will dealers be getting their orders filled as well or will it primarily be CS members first? Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi Amy!

I was hoping you could give us "mini" collectors an update on shipping times for the Stormtrooper & Boba Fett blasters, and the status of the Qui-Gon mini.
Any other exciting news you can share would be great!
Thanks,
Chuck Mc