ASDA to get SA The Black Series 3.75"

Reaction score
Well I've been to two stores and only found one Kylo Ren at one, and a Yavin Ceremony Leia at another. The rest was all old Vaders, Chewies and Lukes. I've had enough now and I've sent a rather angry email to ASDA's customer services regarding their lack of availability. I can't believe how hard these have been hard to find, and I've been trying several stores for the past year. I wish they would pass their exclusivity rights over to someone like Toys'r'Us. Maybe they'd take better care of it.

Reaction score
Been speaking to ASDA (working my way up the chain of command) and eventually spoke to someone who said they're reviewing which products they will be renewing, which includes Black Series 3.75". Hopefully they'll sell the license to someone else.

Reaction score
Keep up the good work. If I had the time I'd take them on and find why they didn't pick up series 2 and 3.

Reaction score
My Asda (Havant) has restocked the 3.75" BS, they had about 40 on the shelf, which is more than I have ever seen. Sadly all Luke, Vader and Chewie.
Seriously, who the hell is managing this stuff?

Reaction score
the problem is to bring in TBS waves theres a MOQ on this product and they are still moving thru wave one...

sucks *** and they havent put it in all stores as a specialty item...

dum that this isnt in every store that stocks toys and the waves are a poor mix

same issues in usa that wave 1 it still clogging up

Reaction score
Tired of Asda's b******t with these, just messaged them again asking why the hell aren't they readily available.. Heard wave 5 just hit Hong Kong, albeit TVC repacks..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Lol, check you out..

Yea, started collecting last week, whose dis Dark Vader bloke??

;-)

Well I just mean this is pretty standard. This Asda line has really suffered from a terrible wave 1 that is a real slow seller, its still clogging up distribution of the whole line. And thats just this line, even the standard lines have "patchy" distribution over here at the best of times.

Reaction score

Well I just mean this is pretty standard. This Asda line has really suffered from a terrible wave 1 that is a real slow seller, its still clogging up distribution of the whole line. And thats just this line, even the standard lines have "patchy" distribution over here at the best of times.
Yep that Wave 1 was an absolute disgrace with the launch of a new film and countless new desired characters.
Repack unwanted figures form a decade ago and force the awful 5poa kid friendly garbage on us, or swap to 6 inch which is out of scale with 99% of my collection.
One of the big reasons I decided to pack in buying Hasbro stuff. I was hunting for the Jabba Guard and could only find it on ebay for around £40.
So I decided to buy my first Sideshow instead for not that much more, and the rest is history.
No regrets, especially with the exceptional Hot Toys now.

Reaction score
Have you guys gotten wave 3 yet?

In Germany we were blessed with wave 1 a few weeks back, but haven't gotten word about wave 2.

Reaction score

In Germany we were blessed with wave 1 a few weeks back, but haven't gotten word about wave 2.
Which chains of stores is selling them there? Nothing here, and apparently they will never come.

Reaction score

No. Wave 2 made it through a month or so ago, and it sells out (aside from Leia) but then wave 1 continues to clog up pegs. This is an perfect example of terrible figure choices and how that impacts on an action figure line, in a microcosm.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, guys. The so-called collector channel (small dealers and shops) have gotten wave 1, but nothing beyond (yet???).

Reaction score
Wave 6 "revealed" on Banthaskull:

Shark Trooper Yellow (Shore Trooper?)
Seal Leader Green (Jyn?)
Shark Trooper Deluxe (Deathtrooper?)
Seal Communicator (Cassian, or could it be K2?)

Shame asda is still clogged with wave 1 - we'll likely never see these over here!

Reaction score
Wave 6 "revealed" on Banthaskull:

Shark Trooper Yellow (Shore Trooper?)
Seal Leader Green (Jyn?)
Shark Trooper Deluxe (Deathtrooper?)
Seal Communicator (Cassian, or could it be K2?)

Shame asda is still clogged with wave 1 - we'll likely never see these over here!
f they continue the line with the same SKU and barcode then we will have real problems..... I am happy they are doing the Scarif Stormtrooper and the Deathtrooper in this line.

Reaction score
Received the case of wave 3 figs I'd ordered from Taiwan a week or so ago, no duty thanks to the sender for sorting that, received intact and factory sealed. Need wave 4 now, probably give wave 5 a miss with them being repacks.. May possibly get Ackbar and Lando..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Asda are the pits. They need to offload the rest of wave 1 asap. But most of us have got our wave 2 and 3 wants already, haven't we? The clogup will continue beyond wave 1 I'm sure. That is unless they jump to wave 5 & 6 now.

Reaction score
Asda are the pits. They need to offload the rest of wave 1 asap. But most of us have got our wave 2 and 3 wants already, haven't we? The clogup will continue beyond wave 1 I'm sure. That is unless they jump to wave 5 & 6 now.
Managed to get what I wanted from wave 2 but as far as 3 onwards, I haven't gotten anything.... Most on line retailers have been charging a fortune, add postage on top and they become too expensive. So I'm hanging on in the vain hope Asda finally get some.

Reaction score
Managed to get what I wanted from wave 2 but as far as 3 onwards, I haven't gotten anything.... Most on line retailers have been charging a fortune, add postage on top and they become too expensive. So I'm hanging on in the vain hope Asda finally get some.
If I saw wave 3 onwards in ASDA I too would pick a few up. But the idea of purchasing them for scalper fees, especially when you can pick up 1/6 stuff at reasonable prices occasionally, makes them a total no go.

Reaction score
Am I reading that right? They want to move away from 3.75" and into those tiddly Age of Ultron style ones? NOOOOOOO!!!!!
No - you're not reading it right ;-). The 2.25" reference is the difference between the 3.3/4" and 6" lines, and the justification for the $20 price.

Nothing tl do with tiddly figures.

Reaction score
I had to re-read that part twice, I'va also thought they were going to move to 2.25" scale figures :wtf:

Reaction score
Not had chance to listen to the original Q&A from Imperial Shipyards yet. I just think it's shocking how Hasbro can turn their back on collectors, be it cost or whatever reason, then they go pack that extra crap in with the 5POA for playability..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nothing but wave one of the 3.75" BS in Asda Chorley, Bolton and Wigan over the weekend.. Rogue One basic figures were present, which is more then can be said for Tesco..

Last edited:
Reaction score
In a fit of Saturday afternoon enthusiasm I decided to write to Asda about the back series. I think the only way we'll ever see these figures in the UK is if we badger Asda to get them in their shops. You can contact them here https://asda-stores.custhelp.com/app/ask

This is a copy of my email:

"Asda has the exclusive UK rights to sell the Star Wars Black Series 3.75" action figures, but only the first two series of these figures have been available in your shops. Please can you tell me when series 3, 4 and 5 will be available?"

Last edited:
Reaction score
In a fit of Saturday afternoon enthusiasm I decided to write to Asda about the back series. I think the only way we'll ever see these figures in the UK is if we badger Asda to get them in their shops. You can contact them here https://asda-stores.custhelp.com/app/ask

This is a copy of my email:

"Asda has the exclusive UK rights to sell the Star Wars Black Series 3.75" action figures, but only the first two series of these figures have been available in your shops. Please can you tell me when series 3, 4 and 5 will be available?"

Yeah sure, I'm bored so why not - here's my email:

"Asda have the exclusive rights to the 3.75" Star Wars The Black Series figures in the UK. Walmart have the same rights in the US. Walmart have had waves 1-5 of these toys, but most Asda stores have only had wave 1 (with a small minority briefly having wave 2). Can you please confirm when you are likely to have waves 2-5 readily available in stores? If not, what is the point in your stores having the exclusive rights to these figures if you do not stock them appropriately?"

Let's compare answers when we get replies!

Reaction score
Nice to to all those making the effort to write in to Adsa customer services..

Here's my correspondence with them, commencing 06-09-2016, basically they blew me off (starts at the bottom):

You recently requested personal assistance from our on-line Support Centre. Below is a summary of your request and our response. If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next days. Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.
Subject
Star Wars Black Series figures - lack of availability
Response By Email (Maddy) (13/09/2016 09.11 AM)
Hi Lee,

Thanks for your email regarding the availability of Star Wars Black Series figures.

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been able to get hold of this product, I can certainly appreciate your disappointment.

We always aim to be available to our customers, it's a shame we have let you down on this occasion.

However Lee, all of our products are subject to availability and I'm afraid we do not have the facility to check stock in retail time. The best advise I can give would be to contact the store directly before you visit and this way my colleagues can look into this an hold the product back for 24 hour.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact myself or one of my colleagues on 0800 952 0101.

Kind regards

Maddy Taylor
Asda Customer Service Team

Hi Lee,

Thanks for getting in touch. One of our Customer Service colleagues will look into your comments and contact you as soon as possible. If you need to contact us in the meantime, instead of replying to this email, please call us on 0800 952 0101 with the incident number in the subject heading and a colleague will be happy to discuss this with you further.

Kind Regards,

The Asda Service Team
Customer By CSS Web (Lee Whalley) (06/09/2016 06.30 PM)

Hi Asda,

Please could you explain why I am having such a nightmare of a time trying to track down Hasbro's Star Wars Black Series 3.75" figures in your stores in north west England (see attached image)?? I have tried repeatedly at numerous branches in the north west, but I just cannot find these figures.. Your staff have advised me that they are on MOQ (minimum order quantity) and have no idea when they'll be receiving more. These figures are readily available in Walmart in the US, but proving to be a nightmare over here. The image shows wave two, waves three and four have been around for ages in the US, and wave five is also due.. I'd like to purchase two factory cases of the displayed wave, can you assist me in acquiring these? When can I expect later waves to be arriving?

Thanks,

Lee.
Question Reference # 160906-006614
· Date Created: 06/09/2016 06.30 PM
· Date Last Updated: 13/09/2016 09.11 AM

Last edited:
Reaction score
Think it's a case of getting through to the right people in Asda's purchasing dept. The 'foot soldiers' manning the CS emails just want to fob us off..

I do see Ceremonial Leia from wave two from time to time on my travels, most Asda's in the area have had wave two. I got lucky just one time with Kylo.. Everywhere I've been is clogged up with Chewie Luke and Vader. Warrington had shed loads around Force Friday..

Last edited:
Reaction score
I too have tried this approach both via a letter and email. No postal response as yet and the email response was much like the above, "We're sorry about the availability, please check local stores and online." I have replied stating that as far as I know the Black series has never been made available online, I do check my local stores regularly and asking what they are doing about the issue. No response to that as yet. I will be chasing it up again Tuesday or Wednesday, but I do feel that it may well be a case that you need to actually speak to someone before we even get close to a sensible answer.

Reaction score
Not the instant fob off I was expecting:

"[FONT=&quot]Hi Richard[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks for contacting us about the Star Wars merchandise, I have contacted our toy buyer and as soon as I receive a response I will get back to you.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Kind Regards[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Denise[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Asda service Team"[/FONT]

Reaction score
Not the instant fob off I was expecting:

"[FONT=&quot]Hi Richard[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks for contacting us about the Star Wars merchandise, I have contacted our toy buyer and as soon as I receive a response I will get back to you.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Kind Regards[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Denise[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Asda service Team"[/FONT]
I'll grab the popcorn..