ASDA to get SA The Black Series 3.75"

Reaction score
It was pretty inevitable to me given Asda's links with Walmart. Thank goodness they didn't use the Disney Store!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hurray! More figures that every ASDA across the nation will get! Except for the 3 massive ones near me, of course.

Reaction score
Yes, a qualified "huzzah!" To this as South London Asdas tend to be crap at stocking "exclusives" or pretty much anything I would actually want. If current performance on the 6"ers is anything to go by I'll have to go raid Hertfordshire or something.

Reaction score
This is great news... but I'll hold my excitment back until I actually manage to find them anywhere.

Reaction score
It was pretty inevitable to me given Asda's links with Walmart. Thank goodness they didn't use the Disney Store!
"inevitable"? I'm not sure about that. There have tons of Walmart exclusives that have never come to Asda, and even gone to other retailers. In fact there have been very few that have come to Asda.

Reaction score
True point, I suppose. I based it on them getting the G8-R3 wave. Just SO glad Disney Store didn't get them. All Disney stores in the west seemed to close from Bristol to the South Coast. At least I won't have to make tripe into Cardiff!

Reaction score
True point, I suppose. I based it on them getting the G8-R3 wave. Just SO glad Disney Store didn't get them. All Disney stores in the west seemed to close from Bristol to the South Coast. At least I won't have to make tripe into Cardiff!
Youre making tripe in Cardiff???

you poor fellow!!!

Darren

Reaction score
Was in Asda Wigan last night, there was a single full case of the SA Vader, Chewie and Luke Jedi on the floor. Case stated Ep VII, but no Rylo Ken, etc.. Out of the loop at the minute, don't know if this is news..

Vader's helmet looked terrible.. Quality has certainly taken a dive.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Was in Asda Wigan last night, there was a single full case of the SA Vader, Chewie and Luke Jedi on the floor. Case stated Ep VII, but no Rylo Ken, etc.. Out of the loop at the minute, don't know if this is news..

Vader's helmet looked terrible.. Quality has certainly taken a dive.
The Vader figure is older than time itself. It has swivel elbows for a start.

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've also been wondering about what the situation will be with new Black Series 3.75 figures in ASDA, so last week I actually emailed them. This morning I got a call from a really helpful guy at their customer services, and he explained that while Walmart owns ASDA, and the Walmart company has exclusive rights to Black Series 3.75, that doesn't necessarily mean that ASDA has the rights to stock them too. Whether this means that it will be exclusive to just Walmart USA, or that the exclusivity rights won't apply to the UK at all I'm not sure. But he did tell me he'd contact me again when their buyers have more information. I'll let you know when I hear anything. It does seem worrying though that Walmart is already stocking BS Force Awakens figures already, while we've seen squat over here though.

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've also been wondering about what the situation will be with new Black Series 3.75 figures in ASDA, so last week I actually emailed them. This morning I got a call from a really helpful guy at their customer services, and he explained that while Walmart owns ASDA, and the Walmart company has exclusive rights to Black Series 3.75, that doesn't necessarily mean that ASDA has the rights to stock them too. Whether this means that it will be exclusive to just Walmart USA, or that the exclusivity rights won't apply to the UK at all I'm not sure. But he did tell me he'd contact me again when their buyers have more information. I'll let you know when I hear anything. It does seem worrying though that Walmart is already stocking BS Force Awakens figures already, while we've seen squat over here though.
Thanks for the update. Do Walmart/asda differentiate between Black Series 3.75 and Black Series Force Awakens though? I thought it was just that The Force Awakens figures are in waves 2 and 3 and we just need to wait for them to turn up? Asda clearly has the exclusive rights to stock Black Series 3.75 as they're the only ones who've had wave 1...

Reaction score
If you will allow me to join in here......thanks for the update. I talked to my SW dealer yesterday here in Munich and he said that WM must have some kind of global exclusive right to these figures. Originally they were supposed to come through a company named HEO over here, but they haven't listed them yet. Normally, exclusives aren't a Problem here, but for some reason These figures haven't been available yet, but I'm surprised that ASDA, having already received Wave 1, may not have a right to these.

Reaction score
Yeah, it didn't occur to me while I was on the phone that we were already getting Wave 1 in ASDA. I'll keep it in mind next time they (hopefully) call.

Reaction score
Yeah, it didn't occur to me while I was on the phone that we were already getting Wave 1 in ASDA. I'll keep it in mind next time they (hopefully) call.
Clearly they haven't got a clue, keep your expectations of getting the figures, or any accurate information, VERY low.

Reaction score
I'd be very surprised if we see these in Asda.

I must admit, I'm expecting to come across all of them for 99p in my local Home Bargains at around Christmas time. I usually find a lot of what I'm looking for cheap in there at Christmas.

Reaction score
I'd be very surprised if we see these in Asda.

I must admit, I'm expecting to come across all of them for 99p in my local Home Bargains at around Christmas time. I usually find a lot of what I'm looking for cheap in there at Christmas.
Any more news on force awakens 3.75 SA in the UK?

Reaction score
I've just bought the 5 TFA figures from US ebay (still need Leia) - worked out about £15 each. So I fully expect to see the shelves overflowing with them all in every Asda across the country, at vastly discounted prices, very soon!!!

Reaction score
Had a look on Amazon for the 3.75 black series from the force awakens. Not prepared to pay £30 for something that should be in the UK for £10.

Getting a bit of a joke how distribution is nowadays.

Reaction score
Had a look on Amazon for the 3.75 black series from the force awakens. Not prepared to pay £30 for something that should be in the UK for £10.

Getting a bit of a joke how distribution is nowadays.
Especially when they are selling them for $1 now in some stores in the states! They have loads of them hanging on the pegs unsold and here in the UK...Nada!

Reaction score
As I said in another thread, Singapore is full of Poes, Finns and Endor Hans.... TRU, indies, even the Duty Free toyshop, but none of the rest to be seen anhwhere(except one indie with Wave 1). I did a run round a couple of Asdas yesterday looking for the recent 5POA for my son, and they both had wave 1 still on the pegs as well.

Either they're in a warehouse somewhere and they will suddenly appear in clearance, or we're not going to get them - cos let's face it, Monday was the ideal day to get them out there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As I said in another thread, Singapore is full of Poes, Finns and Endor Hans.... TRU, indies, even the Duty Free toyshop, but none of the rest to be seen anhwhere(except one indie with Wave 1). I did a run round a couple of Asdas yesterday looking for the recent 5POA for my son, and they both had wave 1 still on the pegs as well.

Either they're in a warehouse somewhere and they will suddenly appear in clearance, or we're not going to get them - cos let's face it, Monday was the ideal day to get them out there.
Whoever decided on the line up of Wave 1 needs to be shot! Visited the local ASDA the other day to see MORE of Wave 1 on the shelf, how many of these things did they order!!

Reaction score
Whoever decided on the line up of Wave 1 needs to be shot! Visited the local ASDA the other day to see MORE of Wave 1 on the shelf, how many of these things did they order!!
I just do not think they have sold. I have never seen a single figure from wave 1 sell in any branch. New film, new characters and we get 3 repacked figures from a film that is 30 years old.

Reaction score
I just do not think they have sold. I have never seen a single figure from wave 1 sell in any branch. New film, new characters and we get 3 repacked figures from a film that is 30 years old.
And this is probably the single biggest reason why wave 2 will never appear in the UK.

Reaction score
And this is probably the single biggest reason why wave 2 will never appear in the UK.
Exactly. Even on sale, which they always are, they are such a poor buy. Crazy decision.

Reaction score
There's now a good chance that if the UK does get them it will skip to Wave 4 so apart from Phasma, a lot of old man Han and old lady Leia. Not great if you are a kid wanting Finn, Rey, Kylo Ren, Poe or even a Trooper.

I'm just buying these from the US now. More expensive? Yeah, more or less, if you factor in petrol, time etc maybe not so much. Plus I can have then in my hand within a week or so, not spend how ever many months it is scouring Asda in the hope they get some in, and that they haven't just been scalped immediately.

Reaction score
I ended up buckling and got a mate who's living out in the US to pick up a set. He'll bring them back next time he comes home. Kinda like playing the long game, but actually knowing that you'll get em!

In fairness I will say that my local ASDA has sold through about 4 cases of the Black series Wave 1, each time it sells through I was caught thinking maybe this time... Maybe now I'll see Wave 2...

Nope.

This last case really seems to be sitting though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I STILL need the Jabba Guard from the last Orange striped Black Series.

That was the figure that made me move into 1/6 high end. I was paying roughly £20 a figure due to the insistence on pushing 3.75 badly made 5poa rubbish or swap to 6 inch.
I got sick and tired of needing to import figures at high costs that should be on the shelves in Supermarkets. If I have to do my shopping outside of high street retail, I may as well buy less and get the ultimate versions of my favourite characters.

I will not go back unless Vintage style packaging returns.

Reaction score
Well... I've just done something I've not done before and ordered a case. As long as the VAT charges are as expected, I should be able to cover enough of my costs to make it the same as buying these in store (should they ever appear)...

Reaction score
Visited two large Asdas today... the first only had wave 1 still adorning the pegs, but the second actually had the new figures. Picked up the last Kylo and Stormtrooper.

Reaction score
I feel like that guy in Hot Fuzz who proclaims that they're being attacked by 'two guys and a f*ckload of cutlery' when I say that my local Asda has a f*ckload of Wave 1 and nowt much else. :(