Asajj Ventress (Clone Wars) Mini Bust

Reaction score
Woot woot.
It’s not available at GG, weird. I pre ordered but will go direct when it pops up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well this is going to sell out quickly

GG keeps nailing these animated shows to realistic interpretation busts

Reaction score
Woot woot.
It’s not available at GG, weird. I pre ordered but will go direct when it pops up.

I noticed that as well and thought the same thing as I preferred to order it from GG directly and use my coupons. ES is 1500, so I don’t think it will sell out quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Oh, Halle-freakin-lujah!

I didn't know today was Christmas! Absolutely outstanding!

Hard to understate the improvement in GG since DST took over. Well done!

Reaction score
It’s funny to me just how critical some scummers have been of DST and others have been full of glee.....maybe funny isn’t the right word....more like interesting.
While DST have been inconsistent, I believe they’ve overall done a nice job. Any issues I’ve had they’ve made right.

that being said, this looks like a real nice piece!

Reaction score
Wow, it’s about time! Easy purchase! Love the removable cloak option. Hopefully this ushers in more great character designs confined to the Clone Wars like Cad Bane and Savage Opress.

Reaction score
Absolutely, Hellboy. I'd love to see 1-2 of these realistic CW busts every year, and you would think that Cad Bane and Savage Opress would be near the top of the list to be made.

Reaction score
Daaaaang!! I need this. Stunning!

Only hope that the lightsabres can be removed, as I don't like the solid color on them.

Reaction score
Holy cow! That looks fan-freakin’-tastic. I haven’t bought a mini bust since Ahsoka, & I shouldn’t be spending money on busts right now, but screw it, I just pre-ordered this bad bad lady.

I’ve been disappointed with the past several busts, but they knocked this one out of the park.

Hopefully a new Dooku with arms & a saber is next

Only hope that the lightsabres can be removed, as I don't like the solid color on them.
...that is pretty strange, I much prefer the original look that, ya know, every single other red saber has

Reaction score
I might cancel my order, just not digging the portrait. She’s kind of fugly and I always seen Asajj to be attractive if she were realistic.

Reaction score
I'll be passing on this despite I like the character, so more for you boys. Why was she made look so masculine as a mini bust? I have the Asajj Ventress & Dooku statue, and this is like from day to night. She looks great as a statue. Her facial features are completely different here.

Statue:

1605895202682.png1605896291863.png

Mini Bust:

1605896702807.png

Marilyn Manson:

1605896939424.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ventress as a statue traces her look to concept art created for Attack of the Clones as a potential look for the new Sith apprentice.

Assajj_concept-art

The mini bust is more on par not with the micro series from 2003, but as the animated Clone Wars, hence why she does not have that attractive look. People can love the mini bust or hate it. We have a right to choose what we want to collect. Personally, I'm quite happy with the statue and the rough, unattractive look of the mini bust is not something I'm looking to add to my collection.

1605898094097.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’d say the statue was made to look more seductive which is not a character trait she revealed in either CW series. The bust seems more in line with the traditional Dathomirian female appearance.

Reaction score
To clarify, are we talking about that statue with Ventress standing in front of Dooku? Can't recall if that was a GG or Sideshow piece. If so, it seems like I remember the story being that it was based on a piece of art, or maybe a book cover?

Either way, I can't say that I recall Ventress ever using her sexuality in either CW animated series, but I suppose it may have been intimated somewhere. That aspect of her was definitely part of the Dark Apprentice novel, but it seemed to have been more genuine, and not necessarily used to manipulate.

Reaction score
We all have our own interpretation of what we see. Dathomirian females tended to have pale or white skin and this one is a bit on the dark side, the lips are huge; looks too masculine. Either way, the mini bust is not appealing to me. The pose is nice, but I'm not liking her facial features. And let me say it again, I love the character (no hate intended), but the look of her face is just a downer for me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'll concur with others that the face is not my favorite part of this bust. Honestly, I'm just happy to have any bust of this character at all - and a realistic version to boot! Personally, I'd like a second head more in accordance with her micro-series appearance. Not sure she had any tattoos on her head in that series, but I definitely remember the white, vacant eyes with no pupils. Very cool.

Reaction score
... I remember the story being that it was based on a piece of art, or maybe a book cover?

What was used as a reference for the design of the statue was an illustration by ILM conceptual artist Aaron McBride. This illustration was used first for the cover of the official Insider magazine and then for that of the official French Club Lucasfilm Magazine. A more feminine approach that shows female characters don't have to look like men in order to be tough.

Those images all look computer generated to me. If so, it wouldn't surprise me if that's not the final look for the face.

If there are positive changes made to her face, then I'll consider getting the mini bust. However, after looking back at Ponda Baba and Grand Moff Tarkin mini busts, despite many expected positive changes to be made, nothing ever happened. Maybe this time around they'll better up her look, so I hope.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Any body notice that the blades of the lightsabers are different than the other busts? Why they did opaque?
The character is interesting, the removable cloak it's amazing, but her face... I prefer the Ventress Statue version done a few years ago.

Reaction score
Well, I quite like it and I have the Dooku/Ventress statue already.
Not sure if I like the lightsaber being painted or not as you could always see the mounting pin through the clear ones that kind of ruined the look and this does overcome that issue.
The rest of the paint job looks great but there is a lot of subtle shading and blending going on that may not translate to the mass produced version that we will get. This is the master painted sample after all
I am going to order it and hope they can paint it as well as the sample shown here.
DST, PLEASE DON'T let the children that painted the Sith trooper bust anywhere near this piece!