Artillery Stormtrooper - #TM13

Reaction score
wow... another that just flew past me, much like the Droids and Holiday Boba Fett. :(

I'm getting sick of these pre-order figures with limited numbers. My interest in Star Wars Black figures has been dipping almost every month. It also doesn't help that the stores in my area never carry any new stock, and that my existing pre-orders take forever to fulfill. It's such a shame because I have been collecting these guys from the beginning.
Agreed…every month I care a little less. No thinking towards army building at all on Hasbro’s part. I’ve had nothing from Amazon but defective returns…so, anyone but them. Pass.

Reaction score
I don't mind the price hike too much. Yes, it's pretty high, but that was inevitable. What does grind my gears is the way these are often announced an released. I'm so sick of the "be there at the right time and place, or you miss out" game. I was teaching classes all day yesterday, and there was no way on earth I could have gotten one of these. It's so frustrating. That is what's slowly driving away from collecting modern Star Wars.

Reaction score
I got lucky and happened to be on break when they went up so I got one. I'm frankly pretty nervous it's going to have an insanely messed up helmet and I won't be able to exchange it...

Reaction score
Rapidly getting to the same point because of exclusives. Was hoping I'd end up with the original 96 in 6", but at this point once I've got Bad Batch Echo, a Bespin gown Leia, I'm really close to maybe calling it quits. The RotJ anniversary will no doubt draw me back in for a bit but exclusives should be stuff like the Carbon Collection, Carbonised and Gaming Greats.

Hasbro should come out and say if these exclusives are just timed. If they are, they should say for how long. I'd be fine with that. If they're genuine exclusives then its really counter-productive. Whats the use in generating demand if you can't fulfill that demand? We're just talking plastic here, its not something complicated like CPU production.

Its been said ad nauseum but part of the problem is their Exclusive partners, depsite being retail behomoths just arent up to the task. On Amazon.ca you had to search for "Sw Bl 6" Figure - Haiku- Sioc" to find it, then you had to select "Other sellers". Even then it only lasted 30 minutes if that. If Amazon can't get this right (and Walmart/ToysRUs are just as bad here in Canada) then they really need to stick to fan channels, and actually find a fan channel who is on this side of the border.

Star Action Figures in the UK never seem to struggle with preorders, its crazy theres nothing similar Canada.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’m not a fan of exclusives but I understand that they’re a necessity for the line to succeed. I wish Hasbro would implement the open preorder system that many other companies use. You have a set amount of time to order and don’t have to worry about scalpers, bots, and FOMO. But they’ll never do it because they rely on a sense of false scarcity to boost sales.

Reaction score
I don't mind the price hike too much. Yes, it's pretty high, but that was inevitable. What does grind my gears is the way these are often announced an released. I'm so sick of the "be there at the right time and place, or you miss out" game. I was teaching classes all day yesterday, and there was no way on earth I could have gotten one of these. It's so frustrating. That is what's slowly driving away from collecting modern Star Wars.
The higher price is a concern since they do sell out so fast because it means an even higher secondary price in the future! It's bad enough to pay $26 MSRP for a straight repaint, but how do you choke down paying $36-56 because you weren't there in time at the launch when only 2,500 were made available?

Reaction score
I’m not a fan of exclusives but I understand that they’re a necessity for the line to succeed.
Agree with everything you wrote but I would just say the Star Wars licence should be a licence to print money when you have Hasbros resources. How can they be so bad at this when in a much less sophisticated, and less globalised world, Kenner were able to make bank 45 years ago?

Hasbro need to be saying to Amazon, Target etc "sure, we'll work with you on exclusives, but you need to be ordering more inventory or we'll go to another retailer". The product clearly sells. Hasbro need to realise they hold the all the cards, not bricks and mortar stores.

Reaction score
Just got update on my PO at german Amazon. They just added expected delivery date Nov.6th to Nov.9th 😊

Last edited:
Reaction score
Agree with everything you wrote but I would just say the Star Wars licence should be a licence to print money when you have Hasbros resources. How can they be so bad at this when in a much less sophisticated, and less globalised world, Kenner were able to make bank 45 years ago?

Hasbro need to be saying to Amazon, Target etc "sure, we'll work with you on exclusives, but you need to be ordering more inventory or we'll go to another retailer". The product clearly sells. Hasbro need to realise they hold the all the cards, not bricks and mortar stores.
It's the other way around by far. Hasbro needs the big box and big online retailers to move product. Hasbro would take a serious hit in sales if they didn't sell through them. Hasbro holds very little cards. I'm sure they do work out deals whereby they get an exclusive and in turn guarantee to buy a certain amount of product. But a store like Walmart dictates to the supplier their terms and the supplier can take it or leave it. They are known for being like that. Walmart can get along fine without them.

Reaction score
But Hasbro aren't some small dried pasta seller, they're probably the biggest toy manufacturer in the world so Walmart/Amazons pressure tactics shouldnt be as effective. I'm sure Coca-Cola don't bow down to Walmarts whims (obviously Coca-Cola dwarf Hasbro, but with in the toys/game industry they're very much a leader).

Hasbro also have the ability to sell direct. Amazon sold out of this artillery trooper in minutes. Do you really think the same wouldn't have happened on Pulse? Whether they sell 2500 units or Amazon do, its still 2500 sales. Obviously the factor here is what Amazon/Walmart etc are actually paying Hasbro for these, and we're not party to it, but thats ultimately being passed on to us anyway, so if I was Hasbro I'd be thinking why not charge that premium for these figures and just call them Pulse Exclusives and hold far more inventory? Sure, we'll still moan about price rises, but then we'll buy them anyway.

I also realise this is also about relationships and bigger pictures, but if Hasbro tell big box stores "no more exclusives", are those stores really going to suddenly stop selling non-SW toys and games in retaliation? I genuinely doubt that - toys and games can drive people to these stores which leads to additional sales (which is the whole reason for the exclusives in the first place). I can't be the only person who would have no real reason to go to a Walmart if I didn't collect action figures and they only had Mattel on the shelves.

Hasbro have sway here. They should use it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
But Hasbro aren't some small dried pasta seller, they're probably the biggest toy manufacturer in the world so Walmart/Amazons pressure tactics shouldnt be as effective. I'm sure Coca-Cola don't bow down to Walmarts whims (obviously Coca-Cola dwarf Hasbro, but with in the toys/game industry they're very much a leader).

Hasbro also have the ability to sell direct. Amazon sold out of this artillery trooper in minutes. Do you really think the same wouldn't have happened on Pulse? Whether they sell 2500 units or Amazon do, its still 2500 sales. Obviously the factor here is what Amazon/Walmart etc are actually paying Hasbro for these, and we're not party to it, but thats ultimately being passed on to us anyway, so if I was Hasbro I'd be thinking why not charge that premium for these figures and just call them Pulse Exclusives and hold far more inventory? Sure, we'll still moan about price rises, but then we'll buy them anyway.

I also realise this is also about relationships and bigger pictures, but if Hasbro tell big box stores "no more exclusives", are those stores really going to suddenly stop selling non-SW toys and games in retaliation? I genuinely doubt that - toys and games can drive people to these stores which leads to additional sales (which is the whole reason for the exclusives in the first place). I can't be the only person who would have no real reason to go to a Walmart if I didn't collect action figures and they only had Mattel on the shelves.

You're looking at it wrong. It's not like Hasbro really cares so much about these exclusives in the first place. They're only doing them to appease the big retailers otherwise they probably wouldn't do them at all. Hasbro told us as much in the past. But, the way they present it to us makes it seem like Hasbro was looking for a way to get these figures out to fans, and they figured out a way to do it. Typical marketing spin to make themselves look good in the eyes of the fans. When in reality the big retailers are asking for them and Hasbro simply obliges them. That's why they are always easy repaints and not anything completely new. They're just a way to get in better with the big retailers and solidify bigger deals for the rest of their product offerings.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’m not a fan of exclusives but I understand that they’re a necessity for the line to succeed. I wish Hasbro would implement the open preorder system that many other companies use. You have a set amount of time to order and don’t have to worry about scalpers, bots, and FOMO. But they’ll never do it because they rely on a sense of false scarcity to boost sales.
I think you are giving Hasbro way too much credit. LOL They don’t give a crap about Star Wars or it’s collectors. Carbonized and Holiday figures? Really? This artillery trooper is the perfect example of their half-assed approach to this line. Like a lot of exclusive figures, this should have been part of a normal wave, preferably two per case. Instead, we get another Lando (two per case) that has already become a peg warmer in my area. So many things about this line points to mismanagement and a lack of foresight. Have contemplated quitting, selling off my Black series and reinvesting in Mythic Legions.

Reaction score
You're looking at it wrong. It's not like Hasbro really cares so much about these exclusives in the first place. They're only doing them to appease the big retailers otherwise they probably wouldn't do them at all. Hasbro told us as much in the past. But, the way they present it to us makes it seem like Hasbro was looking for a way to get these figures out to fans, and they figured out a way to do it. Typical marketing spin to make themselves look good in the eyes of the fans. When in reality the big retailers are asking for them and Hasbro simply obliges them. That's why they are always easy repaints and not anything completely new. They're just a way to get in better with the big retailers and solidify bigger deals for the rest of their product offerings.
Yep.

Reaction score

Obviously none of us here truly know one way or the other, but I do feel that Walmart would do just fine if they didn't sell any toys at all. Customers main go to are household goods because you can't eat wipe or clean with toys, they're just there to complete the 'variety" in store. TBH I bet a lot of store would rather not have a toy section so that they don't have to straighten that aisle every hour, and it would open up more floor space for a product that has a higher profit margin. So while Hasbro might seem to have a lot of pull in the toy world, more specifically in securing toy rights, I doubt very much that they have any sway on Retailers in any meaningful way. Just look at how horrible distribution has been for over a decade and still no fix, look at how certain retailer continue to botch releases or ship supposedly collector items in smashed carton or cram them in to too small of box. Still no improvement no matter how many times issues are brought up with Hasbro.

Reaction score
I keep seeing the number 2500 tossed about. Do we know for sure that’s how many were available? And if so, do we know why it was such a limited quantity?

Reaction score
I just threw that 2,500 number out simply based on how quickly they sold out, and knowing that Star Wars isn't produced in the numbers they once were and Exclusives being less than a normal run of something. Plus the higher cost per figure is usually due to lower numbers made. It could very well have been 10K and being that Amazon has a broader reach than some other sites it sold out quicker, it just seems like with how quickly it sold out that number were very low. Then again I don't know how quickly 5K or 8K units sell out in the first place because we don't have access to production numbers or how many units a particular site gets.

If one item sells every 2 minutes, basing this merely on how long it takes to complete the checkout process, then how long would it take to sell out 2,500 figures, or even 10K for that matter in about 30 minutes?

Reaction score
I'm still irrationally bothered by how the presale for this one went down. I feel a bit like Job, mad at God (Amazon/Hasbro) for allowing such ******** with no answers forthcoming, disrupting my last remaining sense of fairness in this hobby. Defend yourselves at least!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm still irrationally bothered by how the presale for this one went down. I feel a bit like Job, mad at God (Amazon/Hasbro) for allowing such ******** with no answers forthcoming, disrupting my last remaining sense of fairness in this hobby. Defend yourselves at least!!
Hopefully you get rewarded thrice what you were deprived of in the name of cosmic justice.

Reaction score
Nah, just an example figure.
There was a website at one time that you could look up the total run of any manufactured product. Someone used to post the runs of black series back when Bossk made his debut. I used to buy all of the ones with a low production run first.

Reaction score
Gone again. Was about to order for a delivery to Canada, went to add a Christmas gift for my partner, then sold out. Really hope they go live on .ca again, really want this one (same with any OT Trooper tbf)

Reaction score
I almost ordered a second but they ran out... like I said before, I'm just really nervous about getting a warped helmet... I don't trust this new stormtrooper helmet mold.

Reaction score
I just ordered it off Amazon.ca. With all the issues I've been having with the credit collection Mando though, I wonder if I'll actually get him or not.

Reaction score
Considering they are the the standard bearers for online shopping, it's quite amazing to me that there appears to be no wish list push notifications if you have the app installed.

FWIW my CC Mando shipped today (although my original order went missing at the fulfillment hub) so hopefully yours will too.

Reaction score
Some people are already seeing their order status updated to processing with an arrival date this month. Mine still show the second week of November, however.

Mine updated to arriving early next week. A friend of mine (who is a Prime member) already had his ship and it's due to arrive today.