Art by Russell Walks

Reaction score
Re: Russell Walks Retro Posters

Hey fellas!

Here is a peek at the next one in Russell Walks retro line -

This was at Fan Days this past weekend! Too bad it wasn't for sale ~ next summer I believe.

Anyway. Thoughts?

Reaction score

DarthBeek said:
Does anyone know if there is still somewhere I can get this poster? I love it and I know, I should have gotten it sooner.

Thanks for any help

Reaction score

DarthBeek said:
Hey fellas!

This was at Fan Days this past weekend! Too bad it wasn't for sale ~ next summer I believe.

Anyway. Thoughts?

Beat me to posting about this. LOL, I'm just now starting to go through my pics from the con. Russell was great talking to and real friendly.

Reaction score

Russ is a top guy. Had the pleasure of meeting him at Celebration Europe. Other than Mcquarrie, his is the only other artwork i collect.
Amazing stuff, and he is a real pleasure to talk and deal with. For me, he is the top SW artist out there.

Reaction score

SITHSPAWN said:
Russell was great talking to and real friendly.
His wife is so sweet! Had a great chat with her while Russell was talking with another fan......

Reaction score

The new poster looks great! I'll have to get these eventually.

Reaction score

SITHSPAWN said:
DarthBeek said:
Hey fellas!

Anyway. Thoughts?

Beat me to posting about this. LOL, I'm just now starting to go through my pics from the con. Russell was great talking to and real friendly.
Russell was awesome, very pleasant. I like it when the artist you are talking to looks up and makes eye contact. His wife was very nice as well. I did pick up the blue and purple retro poster, he signed it in gold, so his signature pops out for sure.

I asked about the red one, he did say next summer. I can't wait. The two of them will look good togther.

Reaction score

DarthBeek said:
SITHSPAWN said:
Russell was great talking to and real friendly.
His wife is so sweet! Had a great chat with her while Russell was talking with another fan......
She was nice too. I guess her and my mother chatted for a bit. I don't know why but she didn't want to be in any of the pics I took.

Reaction score

Agree with all the positive sentiments here, I talked with Russell and he was super-friendly. It's going to be really neat to see the continuation of this poster set.

Reaction score

Can't wait to see the Flash Gordonesque one coming up!

Reaction score

Spencer_B3 said:
I think that most of you know that Russell and I will be sharing a booth at San Diego Comic-Con with Heather Theurer. A few days ago, Russell posted on his site that the 50's retro poster he's been working on will be unveiled at the convention and be available through him AND at the SWS.

Where can I get this? I will buy this right freakin now!!!!

Reaction score

got mine from the last SDCC, but you can also e-mail Walks or buy one at SWshop.

Reaction score

Does anyone have any idea on when his 1940's film noir one will be released? That's the one I'm waiting for

Reaction score

Meriwyn said:
DarthBeek said:
Does anyone know if there is still somewhere I can get this poster? I love it and I know, I should have gotten it sooner.

Thanks for any help
I should have gotten this sooner also. Gonna have to email Russell.

Reaction score

Russell updated his FB page with some killer new posters in this series!

Will bring pics over tonight if they don't show up before then.

They are all sweet.

Reaction score

WOW they are awesome! I love the 1917 art nouveau piece. Can't wait until it's available!

Reaction score

Hi, everyone...

First off, thanks for all the kind words, compliments and orders you've been kind enough to throw my way over he last couple of months!I wanted to let you know that I've completed all six pieces in the Star Wars Retro collection on which I've been working over the last couple of years.

Each of these pieces will appear shortly in Topps' new Star Wars: Galaxy 5 series of trading cards along with a few words explaining the influences and inspiration behind each image.

One of these will also be the next image in the ongoing poster series I'm doing with Trends International, and I'd love to hear your thoughts which regard to which piece you think it should be:

Thanks for looking, gang!

Reaction score

I simply MUST own 1917 AND 1927 ......... they both rule.

I wanted to smuggle that 1927 one away with me from Fan Days.

Reaction score

Russell, I would like them all, but if you were going to only make 2 more I really want the 1927 and 1937. I already have the 1957 and 1967 from when I met you at the last SDCC. Awesome stuff!

Reaction score

I would have to go with the first two from the left. They are awesome.

Reaction score

Mr Walks, please please please tell me where I can get the 5th one in full size. I am in love with this print and want one badly. Please let me know where I can acquire one of these.

I looked on SWS.com and even emailed about you but I never heard back.

Thank you!

Reaction score

This one really pops off the green wall.

Reaction score

I really like the first one too. The last one is nice too. heck i like em all. The second one is way cool too. I guess if i had to pick, Id go with the first one.

Reaction score
Too bad for me. This is the only one I do NOT care for. I was hoping for the 20's