Art by Russell Walks

Reaction score
Re: Russell Walks Retro Posters

dvldog1 said:
I haven't pulled it out of the tube, but it came in yesterday!!!
Nice...hopefully mine arrives today!

And I look forwared to additional ones being offered....

Reaction score

Mine arrived today......almost perfect shape, the bottom right section got "crinkled".

Didn't realize these were numbered.

I got #67 out of none other than 1138.

Hope these Retro posters continue!

Reaction score

dvldog1 said:
Wow, DB, you wasted NO time getting that one on a wall. I, however, still haven't popped it out of the tube
Only because I had an extra frame from Michaels in the closet, that fit this poster. BTW - it is slightly smaller than 24x36, not sure if you can tell in the frame. Anyway, with the extreme shortage of wall space in my office, I tend to rotate stuff out as new pieces I'm fond of arrive.

Reaction score

That looks great framed! I thought these posters were cool anyway, but the photo makes me want it more.

Reaction score

What i find interesting is that Kurtz and williams names are larger than lucas. You would think his would be larger?

anyway.. it looks great!!!

Reaction score

It would be really great if we eventually saw all 6 movies done in this format... I am really impressed here.

Reaction score

Jack_Victory said:
It would be really great if we eventually saw all 6 movies done in this format... I am really impressed here.
Grab one for your wall J_V!

Reaction score

Mine arrived in the UK today. Very nice poster.

Thanks again Russ for the great artwork!

Andy

Reaction score

I thought I posted yesterday but don't see it... anyhow... if he ever releases the 50's version I'd be all over it.

Reaction score

Official site is now selling the 40s version.

Still hopeful on that 50s one....

Reaction score

MrPickles said:
Official site is now selling the 40s version.

Still hopeful on that 50s one....
Thanks for the update!

I'll pass on the 40's...but yeah, for sure grabbing the 50's. That rules.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I received mine this morning. These are so nice! Great job, Russell and thank you.

Reaction score

Hey, Gang!

Thanks for all the interest in my work! You guys should thank yourselves, too, for all your interest, because the 50's era poster is now a go!
It should be available for sale sometime in early summer - I'll keep you updated.
Thanks Again!

Reaction score

walks said:
Hey, Gang!

Thanks for all the interest in my work! You guys should thank yourselves, too, for all your interest, because the 50's era poster is now a go!
It should be available for sale sometime in early summer - I'll keep you updated.
Thanks Again!
Do you have a newsletter or anything we can subscribe to? I want a 50's style for sure, and don't want to miss out on this.

Thanks,
Jason

Reaction score

walks said:
Hey, Gang!

Thanks Again!
GREAT NEWS!

Reaction score

walks said:
Hey, Gang!

Thanks Again!
Hope this one comes up soon!

Reaction score

walks said:
Hey, Gang!

Thanks Again!
Can't wait, this baby will go in my Living room!

Reaction score

Very awesome posters, will have to grab one.

Does anyone have a high-res copy of that shot of luke and leia that they can share or know where I can find it???

Reaction score

I'll pick this upcoming one up too....it'll join the other one in a tube - just no wall space now.

Reaction score

Same boat. I'm gonna have to familiarize myself with the term "rotation".

Reaction score

Thanks for that Daniel.

I've been anxiously awaiting the 50's style one to come up for sale.

Someone needs to alert Turbo!

Reaction score

I think that most of you know that Russell and I will be sharing a booth at San Diego Comic-Con with Heather Theurer. A few days ago, Russell posted on his site that the 50's retro poster he's been working on will be unveiled at the convention and be available through him AND at the SWS.

Reaction score

Spencer_B3 said:
I think that most of you know that Russell and I will be sharing a booth at San Diego Comic-Con with Heather Theurer. A few days ago, Russell posted on his site that the 50's retro poster he's been working on will be unveiled at the convention and be available through him AND at the SWS.
Cool. I may have to pick these posters up there.

Reaction score

DarthBeek said:
Thanks for that Daniel.

OH YEAH!!

Reaction score

DarthBeek said:
Thanks for that Daniel.

Reaction score

Got my pre-order in. All of my Star Wars stuff is located in only 1 room, my office. Too many preconceived stereo-types out there in the world towards this hobby, so for the most part these collectibles stay hidden from stranger's eyes. But this poster is so 'understated cool' it might actually find a wall located outside the Star Wars room.

Reaction score

MrPickles said:
Got my pre-order in. All of my Star Wars stuff is located in only 1 room, my office. Too many preconceived stereo-types out there in the world towards this hobby, so for the most part these collectibles stay hidden from stranger's eyes. But this poster is so 'understated cool' it might actually find a wall located outside the Star Wars room.
I agree its as if everyone thinks all we do all day is dress up like a jedi or stormtrooper, call each other by star wars names, and quiz each other. Why can't they understand that we talk about star wars all day, collect everything under the sun, and quiz each other about autographs all day. Man the nerve of some people

Reaction score

MrPickles said:
Hmm I can care less what other people think of my collection. Whats it to them. I do have everything in one room though, but it's not because I don't want anyone to see it.

Reaction score

Picked this one up along with the other one and he says a 40's and 30's are in the works!!! He drew a nice little saber on one and got then signed.

Reaction score

This finally came last week. Looks great in-person.

Might be awhile until I can I pick-up a frame for it though since I've ran outta wall space...