Army of the Republic Battle Pack

GNT

Reaction score
This was pointed out by quinlanvos21, EE have listed a new battle pack for January 2011 called "Army of the Republic" and mentions "Action Figure Battle Pack features the best warriors yet!" and "Includes droids, clones, jet packs, and guns" so take all that info with a grain of salt.

Any ideas for this battle pack?

Reaction score
Best warriors yet? Could be yellow ARC Trooper, Sergeant Boomer, Aqua droid, and new-mold Jedi-hunter droid EG-5 from the Lightsaber Duels game.

Reaction score
Just like the K-Mart " Best Seller/Most Popular Troop Set (or whatever it was technically titled) Exclusive, I would simply venture to guess that this is nothing more than repack of past clones. Most probably pegwarmers, but they may throw one hard to find clone/exclusive/or something like a pack-in clone that was previously (relatively speaking) not all that easy to get. By throwing that 1 single figure in their they will probably double their original sales probability. This has become fairly standard throughout the years (see: Battlepacks)

Reaction score
curious... I'm thinking perhaps a couple repaints of the current ARC Troopers, maybe a new looks ofr Cody and Rex (perhaps ROTS gear). I mean Filoni did say that the CW is getting closer to the events of ROTS so perhaps we'll see the transition to ROTS clone gear.

Reaction score
The title sounds very generic, but it somehow includes droids, which aren't even in the Republic Army. I have a feeling this could be a repack BP for younger kids getting into the show late.

Reaction score
Astromechs and protocols are droids and part of the Republic. Maybe another astromech is included with 3 or so clones. I hope it isnt just a bunch of repacks, id prefer repaints.

Reaction score
Where's my head
I was thinking of battle droids only

Maybe similar to ARC-170 realistic pack with 2 pilots, 2 gunners and an astromech, but now make a 4-pack version.

Reaction score
Sounds like the Clones Troopers & Battle Droids pack, but I guess it's not if it's "new".

Reaction score
This is what I'm hoping for:

-Commander Cody (Phase 2 Armor)
-Captain Rex (Phase 2 Armor)
-Battle Droid (Updated Articulation)
-Super Battle Droid (Updated Articulation)

If this pack is filled with repacks that are useless, then I will have to pass on this pack.

Reaction score
As Hasbro has stated time & time & time again: Unless it's an exclusive of some sort, it is going to be a repack.
It's very nearly a 1,000,000% guarantee: General release Battlepack = repacked figures. Just about each & every time. It's been like this this for years upon years now. Not weeks, not months, not one single year, but MULTIPLE YEAR AFTER YEAR, thus I think enough time has now gone by that we can all put a lid on the whining. It's hard to understand the complaining over something that's been told to you is going to be the case.

Reaction score
The benefit of Clone Wars sets is that a simple repaint can result in an entirely new figure - I'm thinking Waxer and Boil from the Ryloth pack.

Reaction score
Maynard said:
As Hasbro has stated time & time & time again: Unless it's an exclusive of some sort, it is going to be a repack.
It's very nearly a 1,000,000% guarantee: General release Battlepack = repacked figures. Just about each & every time. It's been like this this for years upon years now. Not weeks, not months, not one single year, but MULTIPLE YEAR AFTER YEAR, thus I think enough time has now gone by that we can all put a lid on the whining. It's hard to understand the complaining over something that's been told to you is going to be the case.
Right, all repacks except for these fine Clone Wars BPs:

AT-TE Assault Squad
Speeder Bike Recon
Ambush on the Vulture's claw
Droids and Clones
Anti-Hailfire BP
B'Omarr Monastary Assault
Jabba's Palace
Rishi Moon Outpost Attack
ARC Troopers
Mandolorian Warriors

So that's 10 out of 12 total Clone Wars BPs that have included items that aren't repacks. I will agree that there are a fair bit of repaints, but at least the repaints end up being unique and usually packed with some troop builders or some new accessories. It's perfectly acceptable to hope for something new in a BP, especially when we got four new sets this year.

Reaction score
As lame as this may sound, that's a decent army builder if you're in need of white clones.

Reaction score
I agree. The white clone hasn't made much of an appearance on the pegs since 2008, so this is great for army building.

Reaction score
quinlanvos21 said:
pictures of this are posted. Its all white clones and a droid
It looked like four clones were the center of the picture...but the description says a droid? Weird. If it keeps the red clone in, I'll buy it

Reaction score
Three white clones and a red clone? Hmm, does this mean they're introducing color-coded ranks into the show now? If so, that'd be confusing. If there's a blue lieutenant, how can you tell the difference between it and a 501st trooper, or a sergeant and a 41st? A captain and a Coruscant Guard? A commander and a 327th?

Still, a great battle pack altogether. Will be getting it when its released. Also, anyone notice that up for preorder is a Rishi moon outpost battle pack saying 'November 2010?' Does this mean they're rereleasing it?

Reaction score
Yep - but with stands and a battle mat...

BTW the rishi clone and the arf trooper's heads are interchangeable... Makes a dang fine BJH sa shiny, too.

Reaction score
This pack dosn't even include Droids, it's just 3 white Clones and one with red arms. The Droids in the picture are just background images.

Reaction score
Halomite said:
This pack dosn't even include Droids, it's just 3 white Clones and one with red arms. The Droids in the picture are just background images.
I'd still buy that. Seems good to have "filler" clones that are all white. The red armed one could be another seated officer/specialty clone.

Reaction score
The one in the middle with the two guns isn't plain white. He has blue on his helmet.

Reaction score
SnTrooper said:
The one in the middle with the two guns isn't plain white. He has blue on his helmet.
I'm pretty sure your just seeing the shadowing they are using in the picture.

Reaction score
Hard to tell from the artwork. A lot of times it comes close but doesn't represent the actual end product. I'm hoping it is four different colored clones or two colored and two plain.

Reaction score
SnTrooper said:
I don't know about that, but it looks like the one on his left actually has some yellow on his helmet. (Though I'll admit that I wouldn't bet any money on it.)

LOL, it's really difficult to tell if this pack will have 3 plain clones.

And of course, the final versions may change anyway.