Armored Assault Tank (AAT)

GNT

Reaction score
The AAT will be making a comeback in the new year, it'll be nice to see the original version back on the shelves after years of the brown CW versions.

Picture here

Reaction score
My original goal was to have one variant (definitive version) of every vehicle in the movie line...I don't know if this will ever happen haha

Reaction score
I'll be getting this... I never had an original version, and I've been considering a Clone Wars version to use in my Gungan battle.

Reaction score
I always disliked something about the design of this vehicle. It's not "tank-y" enough for me. I have an original-release version and won't be buying another. Although the paint-ops look to be improved I generally won't be a sucker for the "modified cockpit" trick.

Last edited:
Reaction score
saw it last nite around 1am @ the 24 hr Walmart long beach, CA after i got off work. they also had the Maul's ship, both pod racers. from what i could tell by the small pic on the back of the box it looks to be a 2 seater. 1 pilot, pic had a battle droid sitting in that seat at the controls, and what appeared to be a seat behind him which I'm guessing is the gunner. Looks pretty cool for an upgrade. the scanner didn't ring it up and they hadn't placed new price tags on the shelf yet so I'm guessing it's still regular Walmart price.

Reaction score
I compared it to one of the other zillion versions I own and other than paint apps the only difference is the cockpit. I've been a little busy, so my desk is quite messy.

Here's the changed cockpit -

The new battle droid driving.

It's hard to tell, but the droid is sitting in the new seat.

Reaction score
Does the cockpit cover seem to be more secure on this one? The most recent release is the first one I've ever picked up, and the cover seemed to be popping off all the time if I remember correctly. The new details look nice, and I'm glad they ditched that flipping panel feature from the previous versions. Definitely picking this up, because I love the traditional EP I color scheme, and I need some more separatist ground forces.

Reaction score
The cockpit cover is just as loose as previous versions. It kept coming off every time I picked up the tank to make some adjustment.

Reaction score
They at least need to make one with the door that opens in the back.

There's alot of wasted space back there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's the retooled cockpit?

Pass. I was expecting something a little more than that.

Reaction score
They replaced a built in pilot, so now you'll have to buy more battle droids.

I was hoping for a better interiour than than, at least a better looking seat. I might get one sometime, since I have 4 out of the first 6 AAT releases already.

Reaction score
Pretty much. I was hoping for a cockpit that could handle two droid pilots side-by-side along with the droid in the turret, making a total of 3. But this.. this I can pass on. I'd rather have a wall with the droid half-molded onto it to save me putting BDs inside the AAT.

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the clone wars version I have I like it better then this actually. Yeah imma pose it next to my mtt big whoop wanna fight about it?