Ark of the Covenant Project

Reaction score
After looking at it, I think I'm unworthy of such a piece. I mean I don't have enough worth, literally. If a kit was available I would hope to make it happen somehow. My indygear display would likey

Reaction score
Excellent work.
Is there any news? I think next up was documenting the process?

Philip_Wise

Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
Jaw-droppingly beautiful, Phil!
Thank you.

I'm looking for somebody to come run the parts for me so the kits can get started. So far, haven't been able to work that out and my schedule is otherwise occupied for some time now.

Reaction score
Thank you.

I'm looking for somebody to come run the parts for me so the kits can get started. So far, haven't been able to work that out and my schedule is otherwise occupied for some time now.
I bumped up the RPF thread as well so everyone there knows what's up.

Reaction score
I have been waiting for this for a LONG time. I am so happy to see it all pay off for you, Phil!

I'm going to start saving up for a kit! I am IN.

Reaction score
Thank you.

Hmmm, makes me wish I lived in the Dallas-Fort area.

Reaction score
Ark

Great stuff; here are some older pics of mine that might amuse you. I can't figure out how to make the images large - but you can click them.
:)

-DrJones3000

Philip_Wise

Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
Great stuff; here are some older pics of mine that might amuse you. I can't figure out how to make the images large - but you can click them.

-DrJones3000
that's not something you generally find in a house. :)

Reaction score
-DrJones3000
Hey DrJones3000. I remember you posted these photos of your ark years ago over at COW but without details. Can you fill us in on how this was made, source of casts, anything like that? I think the panels were original designs, not cast from a prop. Is that right?

Reaction score
Thought I would bump this up. I am in serious disagreement with a moderator about their response to a situation with a member. I have never really posted against a mod so just in case I get banned I thought I would bump this up to see what's going on with it.

Thanks again for making it Phillip and I will hope to see you at RPF.

Tom

Reaction score
Did this ever go into production?
i was wondering if it was worth me making new Moulds for the cherubs I offered some years back pictured on top of phillips Ark?

Last edited:

Philip_Wise

Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
Yes, we are in production on the kits now for awhile. I'm overdue posting an update about it.

I've partnered with Blue Realm Studios and this is one of the things we have in production.

It takes a fantastic amount of work to do the full kits. We're well on the way though and we'll set the details as soon as they are nailed down.

Reaction score
Holy good God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly figure a kit was just too much to do and was not going to happen and that's why their had been no update.

OMG.

It's Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (The last guy who said that about the Ark ended badly.

Thanks again for making these.

Tom

Reaction score
Simply Amazing

The quality of each trim piece's fabrication is readily apparent especially given the tight-fit between the individual parts stacked next to each other and..... simply amazing!

I eagerly look forward to you next update.

Reaction score
Being able to build one of these and a Han Solo in Carbonite have been dreams of mine for a long time.

Reaction score
Jak, are you working on a Han Solo in Carbonite? Although I would certainly love a full scale ark... I know there would never be any place to put it. However, when it comes to a Han in Carbonite... I would find the space. The fact the SSC one was so far out of wack on price immediately made me realize I will need to build one.

Reaction score
Jak, are you working on a Han Solo in Carbonite? Although I would certainly love a full scale ark... I know there would never be any place to put it. However, when it comes to a Han in Carbonite... I would find the space. The fact the SSC one was so far out of wack on price immediately made me realize I will need to build one.
HIC is going to happen, Ive been doing a lot of researching on RPF and it is a very doable project but I never thought I would have the skills to pull off an Ark of the Covanant until now with Philip's kit on the way. I'm hoping the cost of the kit will be within my budget.

Reaction score
I am very interested in a kit of this.....

Been a dream of mine to make one of these......

Philip_Wise

Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
Any updates?
Yes, a lot has been completed.

We are building two of them at the moment, and using this to document the process for kit buyers.

We have all the parts run for the initial run of kits. The only remaining task is to drill all the legs for the lifting rings and trimming them to length.

Except that I will be cutting the lid and trim boards to order as opposed to doing them all at once. Just trying to save a bit of space.

We are very close.

Reaction score
Very Exciting News!

Any thoughts as to when you will begin taking names/deposits for the initial run of kits?