area reports........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Ultimate Battlepacks

Target in Florence had a restock. They had a few of the Greivous and Bespin sets along with the new comic packs. Only 1 each of the Ultimate battlepacks (but I didn't check the scanner.) Wal-Mart had some of the new Transformer Star Wars (Snowspeeder, At-At etc.) Toys R Us had some of Wave 9 (I think). Anywho, it's the one with Jango, Padme and the training clones.

Reaction score
Re: Target Excl

Have the AT-RT packs come & gone already? They'd better not be sold out!
The Hoth ULT BP is pretty sweet---2 good snowtroopers!

It's looking like there will be many of the newer figures that I will never see at retail (similar to the red clone commander of ROTS).

Reaction score

Target on Ridge had a full endcap of the Ultimate Battlepacks yesterday
Wal-Mart Ft Wright had the new TF Star Wars along with a few Biker Scout Legends

Reaction score

At noon today, Target in Florence had a nice endcap that included all of the exclusives: ATRT Unit, Ultimate Hoth, Ultimate Endor, Tie Bomber, ARC170 and both Galactic Heroes sets.

Reaction score

Picked up the Arc-170 and AtRt Pack from Target Florence. I passed on the TIE Bomber though. I didn't see the Ultimate Battlepacks there, maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough, but found both of them at Target Ridge, where there was also the Arc-170 Battlepack. Talk about burning a hole in my pocket!
20+100+30+30=180

Reaction score

Toys R Florence us had some of the red Naboo soldiers and Clone engineers. Target still had the Arc, Tie bomber etc but no Ultimate packs. 1 McSnowie was at Biggs. Even at 9:30 this morning the toy aisles were getting crowded...

Reaction score

Florence Target restocked the Ultimate battle packs. There were 2 of each.

Reaction score

I think Im done for 07 now.

After I pick up my walmart cantina sets Ill just have to wait on 08 product to roll in.

Luckily I scored wv1 08 of gi joes today with the crimson guard so no more Joes besides two packs for a couple months now.

Have been done with single star wars as well for a couple weeks, so it looks like I have a little downtime for a few weeks to help others catch up.

good luck

ds

Reaction score

is all I can say. I had luck with Wave 1 and 3; haven't even seen Wave 4 yet and now Wave 5 is hitting... Please tell me if you found them locally or off the internet (so I can start moaning now...)

Reaction score

they are local

lmk who you need and i can pick them up and mail them to you

ds

Reaction score

DanielSammons said:
they are local

lmk who you need and i can pick them up and mail them to you

ds
Wave 5 Joes? You slay me. PM me if you see anymore.

Reaction score
Obi Wan Starfighter

Toys R Us Flornce has the excl obi Wan Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring in stock ($34.99.) They also had quite a few McSnowies. Other than a few Wave 3 GI joes at Meijers, pickings were pretty dang slim everywhere else.

Reaction score
Re: Obi Wan Starfighter

hey guys picked up some more wv1 08 gi joe cases and distributed them to the fans at cost.

dooku yours has arrived to you allready chuck im mailing yours friday and hooked up a local collectore.

ill buy the next set of these i see in case anyone still needs them

ds

Reaction score
non sw report

heads up guys on a non sw note

toys r us is restocking dc universe series one

they sold through their first shipments last week and are starting to get more in

good luck

ds

Reaction score
Re: non sw report

Speaking of non SW, saw the new GI Joe comic packs Wave 1 (Torch / Ripper, Scarlet / Hawk and Duke / Cobra Commander) at all NKY and Cincy Wal*Marts and Targets the last couple of days. Waves 2 and 3 look even better than this one.

Reaction score
Back to SW

Also, with the resets happening all over town, there is not much SW out there right now. However, Florence Target had Wave 7 (including McHan) today at lunch.

Reaction score
Wal*Mart Comic Packs

Saw the Wal*Mart comic packs at both Cincinnati Dayton and Deerfield. There were at least 6 of each 2-pack at both locations, so they shouldn't be hard to find.

Reaction score
Re: Wal*Mart Comic Packs

also saw thewalmart two packs today in nky

picked up a extra set for trade if anyones interested

good luck

ds

Reaction score

I ALMOST went to Wal-Mart today on the way home from work but I was too tired. Here's hoping they have something tomorrow... I haven't been out much in thr past few weeks but new stuff has been scarce (normal for this time of year.) I did see some Vintage OTC figs (incl the Snowtrooper) at TJ maxx for 5.99 each. Still looking for Wave 4 & 5 Joes if anyone comes across them...

Reaction score

id say wave 4 is done since its a 07 wave and all repacks

but wv 1 08 should be shipping more soon

ds

Reaction score

Dan, thanks for the heads up! I found all 3 WalMart Comic packs today (with plenty to spare...) My wife found the Breaker/Destro comic pack at a different Wal-Mart so today was a good day, score-wise. Any idea when to start panicing, er, looking for the next wave of SW figures and vehicles?

Reaction score

Rodimus said:
Dan, thanks for the heads up! I found all 3 WalMart Comic packs today (with plenty to spare...) My wife found the Breaker/Destro comic pack at a different Wal-Mart so today was a good day, score-wise. Any idea when to start panicing, er, looking for the next wave of SW figures and vehicles?
what sw or vehicles?

its really a retail downtime now, and hasbro was late with sw last year and looks to be again this year.

I remember saga 06 rotj wave hit in december 05 in nky lol

ds

Reaction score
Wave 5 at Wal*Mart

Saw Wave 5 (Pre-Cyborg Grievous, Darth Malak, Darth Revan, etc.) at Ridge Wal*Mart. They are finally getting stuff out of the back with their reset of the department.

Reaction score
$7 Wal-Mart Comic Packs

For some reason the new Wal-Mart comic packs were marked down to $7 at the FT Wright store. They were in the clearance section toward Lawn&Garden. There was a Boba set as of 9am this morning (I picked up an extra Keller set.) Florence did not mark them down. Are they being marked down at any of the other stores? If anything I saw the mylar for the regular comic pack had been raised to $1088 or something. (Thanks lead paint scare...)

Reaction score
Re: cheap wal mart

IT depends on the wal mart on if the mark their stuff down. I know one wal mart that mark something down like 2 months after it came out and anthoer one that still has the same thing for almost 2 years now and it has gone down by like $5 due to price changes.

Reaction score
Comic Packs

Found the Lt. Jundland / Deena Shan, Republic Commando / Super Battle Droid and Stormtrooper Disguise Mouse / Basso comic packs at Ridge Wal*Mart this morning. They had one set left.

They also restocked their GIJoes with Waves 1 and 2 of 2008.

Reaction score
wv 1 08 in nky and more comic packs wv 5

wally is the place again.

wv 5 comic packs for 10.88 and wv 1 08 figures have begun to hit the area, watch the stores the next couple days. Could not ge them all to scan so just used the one that would.

hopefully the force unleashed wave will hit soon as wv 1 is lackluster, except for the new droids B)

good luck

ds

Reaction score
Re: wv 1 08 in nky and more comic packs wv 5

DanielSammons said:
wally is the place again.

wv 5 comic packs for 10.88 and wv 1 08 figures have begun to hit the area, watch the stores the next couple days. Could not ge them all to scan so just used the one that would.

hopefully the force unleashed wave will hit soon as wv 1 is lackluster, except for the new droids B)

good luck

ds
Georgetown, Ky Wal-Mart had these as well.

Reaction score
gi joe comic packs wave 3 at walmart

scored all 4 new gi joe comic packs at walmart today.

ace and wild weasel
the twins
crimson guard and cobra officer
snake eyes and storm shadow

great sets at a great price 9.88.

good luck

ds

Reaction score
Re: gi joe comic packs wave 3 at walmart

And I was happy I found a new Obi Wan today... Haven't been able to hit the usual places as much lately due to work. (Maybe I need to work at Wal-Mart instead? Nahh, I'd get fired for loitering by the toys...) On the same topic, Wal-Mart Florence still has the latest SW comic packs (Lt Jundland, etc.) 2 aisles over from the reg SW stuff.

Reaction score

I dont know if actually working at walmart means you will get new toys. As far as sw wave 5 comic packs two of the three look to be pegwarmers the clone and sbd seem to sell out first.

ds

Reaction score

I was just joking that I would have better luck than where I work now (Walgreens.) The surrounding area doesn't have much (a Kmart and a closed Kay Bee.) That and I just seem to hit the right store at the wrong time lately. Heck, my 8 yr old found a loose brown vest Jedi Luke at The Earth Saturday in the same bin where I had been looking 5 minutes before. Eyesight and luck must be the 1st things to go...

Reaction score

Rodimus said:
And I was happy I found a new Obi Wan today... Haven't been able to hit the usual places as much lately due to work. (Maybe I need to work at Wal-Mart instead? Nahh, I'd get fired for loitering by the toys...) On the same topic, Wal-Mart Florence still has the latest SW comic packs (Lt Jundland, etc.) 2 aisles over from the reg SW stuff.

Don't bother about trying to find anything good after 9:00am. By that time gravipoopage and Dave from Traders Worlds have already claimed ownership of all new hard to find figures in the area.

Reaction score

AAAHHHH!!!! I still haven't found the Dreadnocks wave. Everywhere I go, all I see is the Cobra Commander pack and the Hawk pack. I have virtually given up on Star Wars, I am on the verge of giving up on toys all together.

And I still owe Dan for a Crimson Gaurd. I'm sorry bro, I haven't seen any new Justice League stuff. I keep hitting Target, but nada.

Reaction score
Star Wars Comic Packs

Saw the Lt. Jundland, Basso and Republic Commando Comic Packs at Ridge Wal*Mart this morning. There were at least 4 of each.

Reaction score

Buddha said:
AAAHHHH!!!! I still haven't found the Dreadnocks wave. Everywhere I go, all I see is the Cobra Commander pack and the Hawk pack. I have virtually given up on Star Wars, I am on the verge of giving up on toys all together.

And I still owe Dan for a Crimson Gaurd. I'm sorry bro, I haven't seen any new Justice League stuff. I keep hitting Target, but nada.
doh forgot you where on my watch list im good on jlu picked up the last set i needed two weeks ago at target florence.

lmk what you want from gi joe chuck as i know of some stuff coming down, dont know which comic sets it will be though

ds

Reaction score

Dan you are forever the man. The only things that I am looking for until the Armored Cobra Commander wave are the comic packs after the first wave. Dreadnocks, Tomax & Xamot, and Crimson Gaurd and Cobra Officer are the ones I really really want, but I still need any of them after wave 1.

I know that there is little chance I will find anything before you, but is there anything else I should have my eyes open for?

Reaction score

PM'd ya. Found my sets this morning. How KY got to be one of the first distribution points is beyond me but I'm not complaining at all....

Reaction score

Rodimus said:
PM'd ya. Found my sets this morning. How KY got to be one of the first distribution points is beyond me but I'm not complaining at all....
chuck im coming into cincy staurday taking some comic packs to james at the earth, i can probaly score the cobra officer crimson guard set ace wild weasel and snake eyes storm shadow sets

i only have one set of cobra commander ina rmor right now

and ky gets stuff fast all the time

good luck

ds

Status
Not open for further replies.