Area Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: TRU Midnight Madness

Billy_Ray said:
Westlakes Mall used to be kind of nice, got a lot of good stuff at the KB they had there.

Jimmie, Patti has gottne me up to 44 I think.
Yeah, I remember getting the last vintage figure I needed - Prune Face - at the KB at Westlakes back in '83/'84 - something like that. That was before I traded all of my Star Wars stuff (all loose, but complete) for baseball cards. DOH!!!

Okay, so you still need the Tarkin and crispy Anakin waves. I'll see what I can do.

Reaction score

Went to the Wallworld at 151: NO tan face variant of your senator guy. Only pink ones. Tarkin wave is the latest.

Target on Marbach: Wookie wave is the latest. They did have some good deluxe figures, like Yoda with CanCan?, Saesee Allie on speeder bike, rebuild Darth Vader, and one 3-pack of clones troopers-green.

Reaction score

Cool, thanks for the update. The hunt continues..

I think it's crazy what they're doing with these Deluxe Clone 3pks. Why not just have an all-white 3pk and a red-blue-green 3pk? That's $20 to get them all, instead of $50 to get all of them the way they're doing it now. I know, I know... it's all about $$$ for Hasbro. ;-)

Bill, sounds like Patti should swing by that Military/410 WM to get the Tarkin wave.

Reaction score

I was originally going to purchase the 3-pack when I found one, but I have heard their articulation is very limited and they are basically statues.

I'd rather stock up on regular Clones #6 or #41. They work better in my Stories with Pics....

Reaction score

So you recreate scenes from the movies using figures? I'd like to check some of those out, if you have any to share.

Reaction score

I don't know how to link the thread on this board, but look under thr ROTS forum for a thread called "Story with pics thread"

I got several stories there....

Reaction score

OK - EVERYONE ON ALERT -

Reports are the 500th Darth Vader has been released. On the east & west coasts, people have found him at TRU for 16.99. Start looking for him and report any news!!!

Reaction score
Re: 500th Vader

Cool! I have a buddy that works at SW Military TRU... I'll ask him tonight if he knows anything about it.

Reaction score
500th Darth Vader

I will be heading to TRU this Saturday for my normal weekend ritual. I just haven't decided if I should go to the one on 35 or on 410 @ 10. I'll be on the lookout for 48-50 and the DV.

Reaction score
Re: ACSWC

I am definitely interested. University Bowl is having a Star Wars league starting July 26th @ 6:15pm. It'll be a long league, but it'll be worth it. Check it out, if you want to.

Sev

Reaction score

I got the VOTC Vader on eBay.
I found Ask Aak, Meena Tills, and Tarkin at Wal-Mart. Also, I've been in Galveston this week. Found the sneak preview Wookie Warrior there. Nothing's really been picked off over there. Going to Target tomorrow I think. Gonna report back in!

Reaction score

I may head out to the WalMart by Garden Ridge this weekend. I can't wait for the Bacarra & crispy Anakin. Will be looking for 500 Vader also...

I called TRU on Ingram and they said they were not getting any trucks anymore. Makes sense, since everything is 20%-40% off, why sell it there if you can sell it at full price at the other two stores.

But my collecting may come to a halt this weekend as I go crazy celebrating THE WORLD CHAMPIONS, SAN ANOTNIO SPURS!!!!!!!

GO SPURS GO!!!!!!!!

Reaction score

S_A_Longhorn said:
Will be looking for 500 Vader also...
Here's some info I got from that buddy of mine that works at SW Military TRU. The SKN for 500th Vader is 123778. He did a lookup on it yesterday and said that the system shows they not only have none in-store, but none show up in the district warehouse either.

Anyway, there's a TRU in Brownsville so I'll be checking there during the weekend.

Hey Longhorn... was that game last night bad [censored] or what!!???

Reaction score

That game 7 had me worried, JediJimmie, but the 4th quarter was all Duncan and friends!!! I will remember this series the rest of my life!!! GO SPURS GO!!!!

Went to WalMart at 151 during lunch. Funny collection of figs, b/c they one #48 R2-D2, but no others from that wave of #48-50. But they also had #2 Anakin (wrong saber), #6 Clone trooper, and #13 Dooku. Wide range of figs, but not the ones I am looking for.

Still have plenty of $15 Early Bird set. Will pickup one eventually...

Sev

Reaction score

What Clone Troopers have been spotted in S.A.? (SA Clone Trooper, At-Te Gunner, Commander Bacara, Turbo Tank Driver, etc.)

Reaction score

SA Clones, #6 Clones, AT-TE Gunner, Clone Commanders are available if you keep looking at TRu, Target, or Wallyworld.

Bacara has been spotted on the I-35 corridor towards Austin at Wallyworld's. Turbo Tank Drivers have not been released anywhere...

Sev

Reaction score

What's Wallyworld? I'm in north S.A. Never heard of that store.... Probably because I haven't been toy hunting for a while. Went to Target. Nothing out of the ordinary. 1 Yoda with cannon and 1 Tarfful.

Reaction score

Wallyworld is just another name for Wal-Mart. I'm going to the one on 35 later tonight, or should I say early tmw morning. I gotta get multiple Baccaras for my army, crispy Anakin, and another R2-D2. I'll report my findings and hide some if I find any. My favorite Target is the one on 1604 and Bandera. I got my Target clone, Boba Fett Cup, Darth Vader, Darth Vader gift card, and #41 SA clones there.

Sev

Reaction score

Anywhere I could go to find the SA Clone or the AT-TE Gunners? I may go to TRU but is there anywhere else?

Reaction score

S_A_Longhorn said:
That game 7 had me worried, JediJimmie, but the 4th quarter was all Duncan and friends!!! I will remember this series the rest of my life!!! GO SPURS GO!!!!
Yeah, the whole series was the best Finals I've ever seen. :)

Nothing new in or on the way to Brownsville today. Saw some $30 Early Bird kits at a WM in Corpus. Suckers!!! (Seeing as how they're are about 50 of them at the New Braunfels WM and they're $12 each!)

I'll be out and about in the morning... I'll let you all know if I see anything exciting.

Reaction score

I found two AT-TE Gunners last Saturday at the TRU on 410 and Blanco. Both of them were sitting on top and this was at 2:30 in the afternoon. I found a SA clone this week at Walmart on 35 and I found some at the one on Bandera and Mainland about two weeks ago.

Reaction score

Local report as of Friday night:

Target at Bandera & 1604 - Lot of figs, but nothing above the Wookie Warrior wave. Had several different deluxe figs

WalMart at Bandera & Mainland - Limited figs, did not have anything higher than the Tarkin wave. They did have the AT-AR? walker with scout trooper. $15 though

TRU at Ingram - Nothing much left. Don't bother...

Still hoping for 500 Vader and Bacara wave.

Sev

Reaction score

Went to various Wal-Marts and Targets. No Super Wal-Marts or Super Targets. Only good things I found were the Stass Allie with BARC Speeder and the Spider Droid. I didn't buy them in hopes of going to another store and finding something better. (I have no money so my mom said she'd buy me ONE thing). So the last place I went (Target on Bitters) had NOTHING. I may go to the Wal-Mart by my house later today or tomorrow in hopes of finding something new....

Reaction score

Report as of Saturday/10:30 am. I saw Baccara at the Target on 1604 and Bandera. Yup, I saw him in someone else's hands walking out the aisle. This was around 8:30 this morning. I did see that they restocked on the deluxe figures, Darth Taters, The electronic lightsabers, and legos. Same for the one on 410 and Fredericksburg.

The TRU on 35 had nothing new. I did pick up a Mace Windu and a #6 clone. I had such a look of disgust that the lady went to the back and brought those out.

The Walmart on 35 I found the #48 R2-D2 . If someone wants him, he is hidden behind the ARC-170s in the large display area. I also hid a Plo Koon . I haven't seen him much. I don't want his fighter so I don't need an extra one of him.

Overall I was extremely disgusted with what was available and with my haul today!

Sev

Reaction score

I can't find anything around where I live!!!!! I live near Lee High School. Any good stores close to there?

Reaction score

I'm not sure where that school is. You'll have to give me the names of main intersections in your area.

Sev

Reaction score

Right off West Avenue and Jackson-Keller. BTW, I went to the Wal-Mart right by here and got the Spider Droid finally.
Nothing out of the ordinary though....

Reaction score

Damn, I was at Target on Bandera @ 1604 Friday night, and they did not have anything past the Wookie Warrior wave.

Missed Bacarra!! Should ask the employees to look in the back for me. One Note though: The display at this Target is probably the biggest I have seen lately. It takes up at elast half of the aisle.

Reaction score

KT: The best store in your area would probably be the TRU on 410 and Blanco. They have shipments during the week, but I can only get there early on Saturday mornings. Unless they are behind, they usually stock Friday night, so you have to be there @ 10 when they open. There were at least 10 people waiting to get in when I've been there.

SA: I found it odd that they did have Bacara and I have not seen the Tarkin wave there. That Target is my favorite because I have found a couple exclusives, but other characters there. One Saturday morning they had at least 8 DVs sitting on the pegs! I already had my two, but it was just exciting seeing them out! Also, I forgot to mention that I did see the new playsets there: Invisible Hand and Tantive IV.

Reaction score

Thanks for the info, Kim. They also had a alot of Darth Taters there on Friday. I have one already and they are funny!!

I will try to stop by my best resource, Wallyworld at 151. They seem to be getting the new shipments.

I agree with you that the Target on 1604 & Bandera is great. Big selection still there. What exclusives did you get?? I am still looking for a Target Clone.

KT: Look for Darth vader 500 at the TRU. They seem to be getting them first. JediJimme's friend said, though, TRU did not have them in the area just yet.

Reaction score

I have two Darth Taters, and I have yet to open one. And I bought the second one to open!
It's that collector in me.

I managed to get the Target Clone, I also got the Boba Fett cup, and the light up gift card. I could have purchased the other cups with characters to include GG and the clone, but I just didn't want them.

I was so shocked when I got the clone, cause a couple were just sitting there. I thought that my opportunity had passed to get one. I do have a Lava Vader, but I got him with a C3 Vader off of eBay.

Sev

Reaction score

KimCharise said:
KT: The best store in your area would probably be the TRU on 410 and Blanco. They have shipments during the week, but I can only get there early on Saturday mornings. Unless they are behind, they usually stock Friday night, so you have to be there @ 10 when they open. There were at least 10 people waiting to get in when I've been there.

SA: I found it odd that they did have Bacara and I have not seen the Tarkin wave there. That Target is my favorite because I have found a couple exclusives, but other characters there. One Saturday morning they had at least 8 DVs sitting on the pegs! I already had my two, but it was just exciting seeing them out! Also, I forgot to mention that I did see the new playsets there: Invisible Hand and Tantive IV.
Thanks for the info! Glad I came to this board when I did. Everyone's so nice here. Well then I'll try and go today.

Reaction score

I was looking at another star wars toy site (
) and they reported a different SKU number for the 500 Vader, compatred to the number Jedi Jimmie gave.

So if you go to a TRU, ask the employee about this Vader with SKU #: 653569013648

Let me know if it works

Reaction score

Longhorn, that # you listed is the UPC code. The SKN is what I gave - it is the internal TRU product ID, kinda like the DPCI at Target.

Reaction score

Thanx for the info, Jimmie. Just passing along the info...

I went to Wallyworld at 151 Monday during lunch, and saw NOTHING!!! And get this, each peg held only one type of fig!! For example, one peg had ten #35 Palpatines, another peg had ten Mas Ameddas? and so forth! Think someone got there already??

Latest wave was the Wookie Warrior wave

Sev

Reaction score

Anyone tried checking H-E-B? I went there and got my BARC Speeder. Nothing out of the ordinary but if you need to find Yoda or Palpatine or something, that's the place to go.

Reaction score

HEB sometimes has good figs tucked away. If you are willing to pay $6.99 for them KB also has them for that price.

I bought a Red Guard there once, and have never seen him any other place. Except maybe for that first day on April 2nd

Reaction score

At most of the HEB's I've been to, I see remnants of the 37-40 wave, minus AT-TE Tank Gunner, of course.

Reaction score

I would have never even thought to search HEB! I usually shop at Walmart, unless I'm in the mood for some really fresh fruit. Now that it's cherry season, I'll have to hit HEB. BTW, someone picked me up another #48 R2-D2, so if anyone wants to trade.....

Reaction score
Re: ROTS C-3PO

Hey, does anyone have an extra #18 C-3PO that they'd sell for retail? I'm working on a trade with another forum member for the tan Meena Tills variation I've been looking for and he wants two 3PO's. I have one, I just need another. TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.