Area Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
TRU finds

Appears like TRUs all over town are getting in stocks of new SW stuff. The ROTJ wave of VOTC hit big at TRUs today, as well as Silver Vaders, the Y-Wing, Naboo 4-pack, newer OTC figures, and the Vader Voice Changer helmets.

Reaction score
Post OTC found!

Looks like TRU is the place to find the post OTC waves. They have been spotted at at least two local TRUs within the past couple of days.

Reaction score
Re: Post OTC found!

I came up empty at the Forum TRU yesterday morning.

Reaction score
Re: TRU finds

I stopped by there thursday and they didn't really have anything "new". They had a lot of older OTC figures, some VOTC, lots of Jedi Council scenes, Y-Wing, OTC TIE and X-Wing.

Reaction score
POTC finds

Found all of the POTC prequel figures at Wal-Mart on SE Military. They also had the remnants of this wave at TRU SW Military. TRUs all seem to have the new Jedi Council Scenes.

Reaction score
New Clone Wars Animated found!

Spotted new CW Animated wave 3 today at Wal-Mart. Picked up Anakin, Grevious, and ARC Trooper.

Reaction score
Cantina Wave found

The Cantina wave of POTC figures have finally hit town. I grabbed all three this morning and another collector found them this weekend. Both sightings were at Wal-Mart.

Reaction score
Sneak Preview Figures found!

The four Episode III Sneak Preview figures have finally hit Wal-Marts in the local area. I found them at the Wal-Mart at 1604/Nacodoches and the one at I10/DeZevala though there reports of them popping up at WMs all over town. No signs of Anakin's starfighter so far though.

Reaction score
Feb. 1st in the SA area

Feb 1st is finally here and not much new to report. The Wal-Mart started releasing the sneak preview figures last week. Some Targets and TRUs (not all) had them out today. No sign of the Jedi Starfighter or the new Unleashed in the SA area.

Reaction score
Sneak Preview Starfighter

The Sneak Preview Starfighter has been found at a few targets in the San Antonio area.

Reaction score
ROTS Vehicles found

The ROTS vehicles have been found at Targets around SA. None of the ROTS toys have leaked out at the Wal-Marts in this area.

Reaction score
Re: ROTS Vehicles found

FTM that ROTS Galactic Heroes have also been spotted at local Targets.

Reaction score
TRU Midnight Madness

While San Antonio TRUs have shown NO love to San Antonio collectors, the Austin Fan Force would like to invite you to South Austin for our 12:01am April 2nd Midnight Madness including a costume contest with loads of fans & collectors.

4025 S. Capitol of Texas Hwy
Austin, TX 78704
(512) 441-7216

Come check out our new 2005 T-Shirt Design too:

Place a guaranteed pre-order by 10:00am tomorrow morning at our website: http://www.wachhaus.com/aff/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2362 or pick up what's available at Midnight Madness on April 2nd!

Reaction score
Re: TRU Midnight Madness

While not "technically" in San Antonio, the TRU at the Forum, in Selma, is participating in MM. To be honest, I had a better MM experience at Wal-Mart for AOTC then I did at TRU for TPM, but I won't be at either store this time since I am in Korea

I keep hoping the base exchange here will put out some ROTS stuff, but the only thing SW they have is 12" VOTC Luke and Stormtooper. Not giving up hope though. I already sent a checklist to my wife, so hopefully she will be able to pick up a lot of the stuff for me. She did get me a sneak peek Anakin Starfighter. After reviewing the checklist, I got the typical response from her..."You already have a clonetrooper, you already have a Yoda, you already have an Obi-Wan, you already have..."

Anyway, Kimbote, very cool of you to invite us all to Austin, hope some of the guys can make it. Sure wish I could.

Reaction score

Just wanted to Thank Tiller for hooking up a friend of mine for C3. He's a great guy and a huge SW fan and I really appreciate his efforts.

letovx

Reaction score

Stopped at the Target on 471 and 1604, or just behind that intersection and found several 41-44. I bought 4X SA clone.

Mark

Reaction score

Most stores now have the wave of Wookie Warriors, droidekas, and Nemoidan warrior.

Still have not seen the Tarkin or Musatafar Anakins waves yet.

FYI - TRU at Ingram is closing. Everything is discounted at different %.

Reaction score

Just found the Tarkin wave at the Wal-Mart at Military & 410 West/

no Baracca wave yet...

Reaction score

Are you talking about the new one? I went there during their grand opening weekend and found a small collection of stuff no one wanted. Now I gotta go back and check!!!

Reaction score

Wassup, Kim. Glad someone else still uses this San Antonio board.

Yeah, the new Wallyworld at 410 & 151. They closed the old one, and now everyone and their mom is ALWAYS at the new Super WalMart. Where is everyone coming from now???

Saturday night they had the Tarkin wave.

Reaction score

Thanks for the tip! I just came from there and got my Tarkin to add to my army!!! Yay!!! That one definitely is crowded! There are more people at this one than at the old one on 151. Thank goodness they aren't into SW. I also finally bought an Early Bird Cert. They are on sale for $15!!!! If you want one, there's no need to rush there are plenty to go around
But I did notice that the one on 1604 and Culebra didn't have them on sale.

Sev

Reaction score

I live in S.A. and think it's a great idea to report like this. I found the ARC-170 Starfighter at Wal-Mart today. Couldn't buy it. Didn't have $30. Just blew $20 on a VOTC Vader...

Reaction score

KIM: Congrats on landing Tarkin. I already did another story with him on the other thread I gave you....

Will the figures be any good from the Early Bird certificate??

KillingTime: Where'd you get the VOTC Vader?? I would like to get one too...

I got a report that Clone Baraca and crispy Anakin were spotted at the Wallyworld next to the original Garden Ridge up I-35. I want those next, but too far away

Reaction score

Hey all, good to see some new blood in the room! I haven't been posting in here for the last several months as I am stationed overseas currently. This used to be our hang out for posting new finds, etc., but a bunch of us got together and formed a club of sorts called the Alamo City Star Wars Collectors. We have our own Yahoo group so we can post somewhat securely (or at least away from the eyes of scalpers). Anyway, we are still going strong, just not really that much in the RS Forums anymore. If you are interested, the link to our site is in my signature below. Would love to hear from new people.

Reaction score

Thanx for the info Billy_Ray.

I got your email and looked at the website. Needs updating

Please post if any finds on the crispy Anakin or Bacarra wave....

Reaction score
Crispy Anakin

See now you are going to make me take a trip out there! I've already been to that one three times and I live no where near there! I picked up my DV collector's case, C3PO, Dooku, and some other ones that I couldn't find other places. It's too hot to be outside!!! So conflicted!

Reaction score
ACSWC

Nice website. I know you're overseas, but do you guys still meet? I wouldn't mind coming around to see what goes on at a meeting.

Reaction score
Early Bird Package

I forgot to address this question. You'll get Luke, Leia, Chewbacca and R2-D2 sometime between now and Dec 31. They're supposed to be updated versions of the original figures. It also has a display stand (a cardboard diorama), stickers, a Hyperspace trial membership, and other little stuff. I figure the four action figures make it worth it for $15!

Reaction score

S_A_Longhorn said:
I got a report that Clone Baraca and crispy Anakin were spotted at the Wallyworld next to the original Garden Ridge up I-35. I want those next, but too far away
Your report is probably right as I managed to find ONE #48 R2-D2 there. He's in the same wave. They also had many deluxe figures: Yoda, Stass Allie, Clone w/Jet pack and Spider Droid. Guess I'll be putting more miles on my car this week.

Reaction score

I also may be pigheaded to head out that way. Hopefully tomorrow I will try to run by the Wallyworld by 151 again as well as the Target over on Marbach. Wish the new one would open already.....

Reaction score

Yes, the website definitely needs updating. Funny, I thought I would have all of this free time over here to work on stuff like that

Reaction score
Re: ACSWC

KimCharise said:
Nice website. I know you're overseas, but do you guys still meet? I wouldn't mind coming around to see what goes on at a meeting.
Yes, we still meet..well, I don't meet but everyone else does. I won't be back for another 8 months, but we still have meetings and our Yahoo group is as busy as ever right now. If you are interested, Kim, I can send you an invite to it...just let me know.

Reaction score
Re: ACSWC

Ooohh, ooohh!!! Can I join, too??
Just kidding (already a member).

How's it going, Bill? Haven't seen a post from Patti in awhile... has she got you caught up through #50?

If anyone comes across the Meena Tills tan face variant, can you hide it somewhere and let me know. I'm a die-hard variation hunter and this is the only ROTS variant I don't have.

Reaction score

S_A_Longhorn said:
Hopefully tomorrow I will try to run by the Wallyworld by 151 again as well as the Target over on Marbach. Wish the new one would open already.....
Is there going to be a new (Super)Target on that side of town? I know about the new WM across from the old Sony compound, but didn't realize the Westlakes Target was going away.

Reaction score

Yep, a Super Target is going up in the same area as the Lowe's.

HEB bought out Westlakes mall finally, and have plans of tearing it down as well as their store on Marbach, and rebuilding their store along with a nice shopping center.

Few shops remain in Westlakes, but Target is the anchor.

Reaction score

Wow, that area sure is/has changed a lot. So have they started building anything or is it all still being planned?

Reaction score

Yeah, Lowe's was the first. been there for over a year now. johnny Carino's, Chili's, and Cracker barrel are now open at 410 & 151. There are a lot of buildings/shopping stores going up. Super Target and Ross should open within a couple months.

Reaction score

That's good news, so much to look forward to when I get back! Westlakes Mall used to be kind of nice, got a lot of good stuff at the KB they had there...a new Super Target will be sweet though.

Jimmie, Patti has gottne me up to 44 I think.

Reaction score
Report from New Braunfels... the Target up there at I-35 & Walnut has/had this morning, 2 cases of 48-50 and the Deluxe Clone 3pk with the green Clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.