Area Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Looks like we got a new thread.

I found remnants of the HOF wave (Chewie, R2, Han, Leia, Luke, Obi) at the Target at the Forum yesterday.

Reaction score
Not much I am afraid. I did see the Carkoon Skirmish 4-pack at a couple of TRUs yesterday and the Unleashed Luke and Sidious re-packs are everywhere. Other than that, a whole lot of HOF stuff.

Reaction score
AOTC Preview figures and more deluxe CW

found 'em at TRU, SW Military. Lots of the AOTC preview figures (Jango, Zam, Clone, R3) and also more Clone Wars deluxe sets as well.

Reaction score
Ultra figures on clearance!

Spotted some at Target Westlakes today, marked down to $6.98!

Reaction score
New Unleashed Repacks!

Finally found an Unleashed Leia! Wal-Mart on 1604/Culebra had both the Unleashed Leia and Obi-Wan.

Reaction score
OTC Vader TIE and lightsabers

OTC stuff has finally shown up here! Several TRUs have received the exclusive Vader TIE fighter and the OTC sabers (both electronic and basic) have shown up all over the place!

Reaction score
OTC figures have hit big!!!

At least three Wal-Marts here in town got in the OTC figures tonight!

Reaction score
Re: OTC figures have hit big!!!

Man, what happened to all the old posters in the SA area, Billy Ray? Did you guys migrate to your own fan site or what?

Just curious, i was just looking around to see what others have been finding lately...

Reaction score
Which ones?

Hello all, I had a hard time finding this thread as I have not been here for awhile. Anyway, I swore off buying any more figs but I just have to a Spirit of Obi Wan. Any Wal-Mart in particular Billy Ray? If I happen across any OTC stuff I will surely post it. GS Out

Reaction score

stormshadow said:
Man, what happened to all the old posters in the SA area, Billy Ray? Did you guys migrate to your own fan site or what?

Just curious, i was just looking around to see what others have been finding lately...
Yeah SS, we started up our own Yahoo group to post up to the minute finds in. There were just too many times where someone would post a find and then when someone followed up on it the new stuff was all gone! This held true even for stuff someone stashed. That is why most of the posts here are a couple days late or a little vague on details. There is a link on our website to join if you are interested. I am sure the gang wouldn't have any problem with Austinites joining

Reaction score
Re: Which ones?

Guy_Snootles said:
Hello all, I had a hard time finding this thread as I have not been here for awhile. Anyway, I swore off buying any more figs but I just have to a Spirit of Obi Wan. Any Wal-Mart in particular Billy Ray? If I happen across any OTC stuff I will surely post it. GS Out
GS, long time no see! I spotted a few Ghost Obis at the Super Wal-Mart on Bandera Rd and also one today at the Wal-Mart at 151 and 410, but it was beat to crap! The card was so crushed that his head was almost off!

Reaction score

That's cool, i kinda figured that's what happened. Thanks for the info!

Reaction score
Hey GS...more Spirit Ben finds

Spotted two at the Wal-Mart at 1604 and Culebra..good condition this time.

Reaction score

stormshadow said:
That's cool, i kinda figured that's what happened. Thanks for the info!
Yeah, there is one guy here in town who is a major hot wheels and Star Wars scalper, has a little shop in a local flea market. I am sure there are probably others as well, but we ALL know this guy and see him all of the time.

Reaction score
OTC X-Wing and TIE...

...finally hit here at TRU SW Military. They had several of each on Friday. Hopefully the Falcon will show soon.

Reaction score
New Jedi Council scene found...

picked up the new Jedi Council scene (Yoda, Qui-Gon, Ki-Adi Mundi) at the Ingram TRU yesterday.

Reaction score
Re: New Jedi Council scene found...

The Bandera Target had a few VOTC figures yesterday (Han and Obi). They also had 12" VOTC figures, OTC X-Wings & TIE Fighters, OTC Ask Me Yoda, Galactic Heroes, and Unleashed figs (Leia and Obi).

Reaction score

Check those area Targets, kids! Wave 1.5 of Vintage OTC 4" are hitting in Austin with Luke, Vader and Yoda.

Reaction score

Yeah, that wave hit Targets and TRU here yesterday! Also, Jedi Council scene 2.

Reaction score
VOTC Vader and Yoda

VOTC Vader and Yoda were spotted yesterday at the TRU at Ingram. These have been showing up at various Targets, also.

Reaction score
Jedi Council Scene 2

Spotted them at TRU on SW Military today. They had a few VOTC Hans and a couple of VOTC 12" Lukes as well.

Reaction score
TRU 50% off sale

Hey guys, TRU SW Military is running a 50% off "green tag sale" right now. A lot of Saga stuff is marked down, including the two 12" Tauntaun Lukes that have been collecting dust since before las Christmas! I picked one up for 50% off. They also had Saga 12", AOTC Speeders, and 12" Leia Boushh marked down.

Not sure if other stores in town are running this deal.

Reaction score
Wal-Mart OTC display

The De Zavala Wal-Mart had the new OTC display filled with plenty of figures, Galactic Heroes, and Carry Cases. The new Unleashed wave (Bossk, Tusken, Aayla) has shown up at a few Targets, as well.

Reaction score
Re: Wal-Mart OTC display

Wal-Mart Culebra/1604 has the new OTC florr display as well. Plenty of IG-88, Bossk, TIE Pilots, Bespin Lukes, and more. Also the new carry cases and Galactic Heroes (3P0 and Chewie too).

Reaction score
Endor Ambush 4-pack at TRU

The TRU at Ingram had several Endor Ambush 4-packs (Endor Han, Endor Soldier, Wicket, Biker Scout w/ speeder bike) this afternoon along with a few VOTC 12".

Reaction score
ACSWC 1 Year Anniversary!

On September 15th, the Alamo City Star Wars Collectors will be celebrating their one year anniversary! Our 13th monthly meeting will be held at our normal venue, Alien Worlds (3333, Wurzbach Rd. across from Ingram Park Mall, in the shopping center with American Craft Mall).
It has been a fun filled year for our steadily growing group. We have grown in number from a handful of Rebelscum forumites to a group of twenty one local area collectors. ACSWC is a club for Star Wars collectors in San Antonio and the surrounding area, but some of our members are from as far away as Cuba and Germany. New members are always welcome!
We formed ACSWC to be able to help collectors in the area in the never ending pursuit of Star Wars collectibles from vintage to modern, toys to toilet paper. Our members range from vintage toy collectors to modern, carded, loose, customizers...whatever your area of interest, one or more of our members is probably a self proclaimed expert. We hold monthly meetings at Alien Worlds and we also have our own, private, Yahoo group for sharing our recent finds, news, reviews, local events, etc.
To learn more about ACSWC, please follow the link in my signature.

Reaction score
New VOTC found!

I managed to find the new VOTC Lando and C-3P0 today at the Target on SW Military. They only had one of each.

Reaction score

So, this is where we got moved to, goes to show the last time I posted here....

-John

Reaction score
ROTJ VOTC is here!!!

The ROTJ wave of VOTC finally showed up here today at at least one Target.

Reaction score
Hoth Vader Wave?

Have ya'll seen the OTC Hoth Vader wave yet with the new vader, Gamorrean Guard, Bib Fortuna, and Imperial Scanning Technician?

Only one store in Austin - a Super Target - received it about a week ago. Everywhere else is bloated with Saga or OTC Snowtrooper wave.

Reaction score
Re: Hoth Vader Wave?

I ahven't seen any of them here yet, the Jawa wave is the newest OTC wave I have seen and not many of them at that.

Reaction score
Re: Hoth Vader Wave?

Well, I take that back Kimbote! JediJimmie found them today at Wal-Mart.

Reaction score
New Galactic Heroes

Not a whole lot new out there in SA lately. The ROTJ wave of VOTC are still tuening up sporadically at Targets around town. I did spot them at TRU at Ingram the other day. Also found the latest wave of Galactic Heroes (bounty hunters) there as well...minus the Boba/Dengar set
These were also reported to be found at Target as well. OTC Boba Fett Slave I has popped up at Targets here and there as well.

Reaction score
TRU Exclusive Y-Wing and more

The TRU on SW Military had the exclusive Y-Wing on Friday, as well as the ROTJ wave of VOTC. They also had the Darth Vader Voice Changer helmet as well...which is very cool.

Reaction score
imperial trooper

Hi guys new to the site. I finally found an imperial scanning tech guy at Ingram TRU. Just wondering if anyone has seen slave leia in town? Thanks

Reaction score
Re: imperial trooper

Oh man, I have been looking all over for that scaning trooper!

Actually saw some slave Leias, Gammoreans, Bib Fortuna, Hoth and Death Star Vader today at the Target on SW Military.

Hey, you should check out our collecters club, there is a link in my sig. We have our own yahoo group and post most of our finds on there.

Reaction score
Re: imperial trooper

Forum TRU had 12 votc stortroopers, couple chewies and R2's.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.