Area Reports Part 7: 2009, 2010, and 2011

Reaction score
Re: Area Reports Part 7: 2009

New Turbo Figure Mojo in Des Moines....

Found some more of the new Clone Wars figures today. The Urbandale Target had a Spacesuit Obi-Wan, 4A-7, and a Commando Droid so I picked those up. That left a Yoda and Heavy Assault Super Battle Droid there. The Jordan Creek also had Yoda and Heavy Assault Super Battle Droid on the pegs as well.

At the University TRU I picked up an AT-TE for only $50 thanks to the sale they have going on. They also had a lone TURBO TANK which I also picked up. The box on this puppy is pretty good sized and I am looking forward to opening this up.

Corman

EDITED TO ADD: I totally forgot that I picked up the latest Galactic Heroes wave at the Urbandle Target. The Ackbar is really cute.

Reaction score

Oooo, take some pics of the Tank will ya!

And Happy Birthday!

Reaction score

Thanks for the birthday wishes, but the pictures may take awhile. I have no room to display it right now.

New Figure Mojo in Cedar Fall and Waterloo....

So after our little trip to Des Moines, my wife wants to run up to the CF/Loo area real quick.

First off, the new Target in Cedar Falls is really, really nice. No new figures, but they did have the Turbo Tank as well as the Imperial Deco ARC-170 Fighter. I did pick up one of the two they had. They also have the small vechile with figure packs in stock as well.

The Waterloo TRU has the Turbo Tank in stock as well.

And the Target in Waterloo had new Clone Wars figures as well. I picked up Admiral Yularen, ARF Trooper, another Commando Droid, and Clone Trooper Echo.

Corman

Reaction score

Picked up a turbo tank today and have to say it was pricy, but is probably one of my favorites now.. very cool, pieces don't fall off like the AT-TE.

AT-TE at TRU are $49 on clearance.

Reaction score

Stopped by the Super Target in Urbandale and they didn't have any Legacy figures. I don't mean they didn't have anything new, I mean the pegs for the figures were completely empty. They had the new/repackaged Clone Wars figures on the right side and the Saga Legends in the new cards on the left but the center section was completely empty. No Yarna's, No Breha's nothing. I looked around to see if they had clearanced them out or something but couldn't find anything.

Anybody else hear a rumor that there is supposed to be a big relaunch on August 2nd?

Reaction score

I am thinking of shifting gears and collecting more LEGO Star Wars. Is there anyone here that would like to trade some of my MIB regular star wars items for their LEGO Star Wars? Send me a PM if interested.

Reaction score

I've been thinking about getting back into SW Lego's myself. I saw the new Echo Base set at Ankeny Wal-Mart today and it's pretty sweet. I'd really love it if it came with a Wampa though.

On a side note, last summer I went to a garage sale in Ankeny that had like ten SW Lego sets complete but with no boxes. The prices were pretty good though. I picked up one but I'm still kicking myself for not picking up more. The clone turbo tank was only like twenty bucks.

Reaction score

New Figure Mojo in Ames, Webster City, and Fort Dodge....

Had to travel up to my mom's house this weekend for a little yard work for her, so I made a few stops on the way there. Here is what I found.

At the Ames Target I picked Clone Trooper Denal from the Clone Wars line. He was the only new figure there, but they did have the regular Obi, Annie, and the Kit fisto wave on the new cards still there.

The Webster City K-Mart had a case of the Deluxe wave on the shelf that included the 212th Battalion Clone Troopers and Jet Backpacks so I picked that up. They also have the K-Mart exclusive Clone Trooper Squad (with a Red ARC trooper, Obi Wan in Clone armor, Clone Scuba Trooper, and the Clone Trooper with the Quad Gun) but I passed on that repack-a-rama. The Ames K-Mart also has this exclusive in stock.

At the Fort Dodge Target I picked up the Saga Legends Mynock Hunt Han Solo and Mynock Hunt Chewbacca. The Chewie is the VOTC figure and not the "Sandstorm" version.

I also got the latest issue of the Insider this weekend.

Corman

Reaction score

I would have emptied out my bank account to get them. If they did not have the boxes you can always get them on eBay pretty cheap. The LEGO's seem to appreciate much better than the regular Star Wars items and they are more fun to play with.

Reaction score

Sgt13Echo said:
AT-TE at TRU are $49 on clearance.
May have to see if the one in CR still has any... that'd be a nice pickup.

Coralville Target has the new Clone wars wave. NO legacy except Breha Organa. some of the new saga legends still on the pegs. Also the AAT

Reaction score

New Figure Mojo all around Des Moines....

Another big Geek Day haul.

Started off this morning at the Altoona Target. I picked up Spacesuit Anakin, Spacesuit Ahsoka, and Cad Bane from the animated Clone Wars line.

The Urbandale Target had a Clone Wars animated style Mace Windu that I picked up.

The West Des Moines TRU was quite a surprise. They had the Clone Wars animated style Jawa two pack that I picked up. They also had the TRU Exclusive Clone Wars Tin set (Dooku, Ventress, Kenobi, and Rex in a tin with new art) as well as the TRU Exclusive Commander Ponds figure. And they had new Deluxe figures. I picked up a 212th Battalion Clone Troopers with Jet Packs as well as a Turbo Tank Support Squad. So I ended up with all of those, too.

The Jordan Creek Target had one set of the newest Galactic Heroes wave with Yoda w/ ARF Trooper, Ahsoka w/ Goldie, IG-86 w/ Commander Thire, and Kit Fisto w/ Grevious (Kit is CW style and the Grevious has four arms all armed with lightsabers) so I picked those up.

The Southside TRU had another Turbo Tank Support Squad that I picked up.

I also picked up the latest issues of Star Wars: Legacy and Star Wars Adventures at Mayhem.

Corman

There were still plenty of TRU Exclusive Tin Sets as well as Commander Ponds figures at both the west and south side locations. The west side TRU has the Imperial ACR-170 but for the very lame price of $79.99 and they do have the Turbo Tank back in stock. Marvel Universe collectors might also want to head to the west side TRU as they have the TRU exclusive three packs in stock.

Reaction score

Ankeny Target had a couple of Clone Wars leftovers this morning. Picked up Gree and left Denal. They also had the new Legos including some pirate ship and Anakin's Y-Wing.

Reaction score

TrooperJake said:
Ankeny Target had a couple of Clone Wars leftovers this morning. Picked up Gree and left Denal. They also had the new Legos including some pirate ship and Anakin's Y-Wing.
That pirate ship sounds interesting, we already have the Y-Wing.

Thanks for the update Trooper!

Reaction score

New Figure Mojo in Marshalltown....

The Marshalltown Walmart finally got some new figures in. New carded Clone Wars Animated. I picked up a couple of ARF Troopers and a Whorm Loathsom. Just down to needing a Gree to finish up the animated side of things.

No sign of the Wally exclusive Droid Factory yet.

Corman

Reaction score

New Figure Mojo in Marshalltown....

The hits (to my wallet) just keep coming. Marshalltown's Walmart got in the Wally exclusive Droid Factory two packs and I picked up two set (one for me, one for my buddy Jeff). I really like the figures. Horn and Whistler have to be my favorites but I'm a sucker for a green R2 unit.

Corman

Reaction score

Ankeny Wal-Mart had a couple new CW figures in. I picked up the Jawas and left 2 Echo's and an Arf. They also had a couple of the deluxes.

Ankeny Target had no new figures besides the deluxe but they did have two of the new comic packs but not the Lumiya one. They also had the Turbo Tank and ARC-170.

Reaction score

New (and Old) Figure Mojo in Des Moines....

Another good quality Geek Day haul in Big D. Here is the rundown.

I picked up Clone Wars Animated Gree at the Merle Hay Target. That was the last figure I needed to finish out the latest batch.

In the Old Figure Mojo department, the ESB wave has finally hit big time in the Des Moines area. Ankeny, Jordan Creek, SE 14th Street and Urbandale all had at least one set in stock. The Jordan Creek Wally had the Hoth Rebel Soldier with the cloth skirt. The Ankeny, SE 14th Street, and Urbandale Wallys all had Hoth Rebel Soldiers WITHOUT the cloth skirt. I did pick up a Hoth Rebel Soldiers without the cloth skirt at the Ankeny Wally.

I picked up the latest issues of SW: Invasion and SW: Dark Times at Mayhem Comics.

Corman

Reaction score

The northside Target in CR reset the Star Wars stuff since the last time I was there (late last week or earlier this week) and there is a lot of new stuff.

Almost all the carded figures are the new 2009 red variety.

Big Honking Remote Control R2- not the little action figure size that's been around for a month or two, this one is big

New Comic Packs

Couple of different Clone Trooper Role-Play mask & body suit sets

and

The Big Build Your Own Clone Blaster set

and yet no new Fett on the horizon... sigh

Reaction score

Target Valley West got the new comic packs in today. They got a case which was one of each. All were on the new cards. They also got the Clone Wars deluxe figure and vehicle sets.

Reaction score

Coralville Wal-mart had the Darktrooper two-packs as of yesterday on a bottom shelf. Kind of hard to notice if you do a quick run through.

Reaction score

Ankeny Target had the ESB wave this morning including the bearded Hoth Trooper. They're also having a bit of a sale on SW Legos though it's only a couple of bucks off most.

Reaction score

Thanks for the update on the LEGO's, hopefully they will do the same here in Urbandale.

Reaction score

Saw the new Droid Factory sets at Jordan Creek Wal Mart this morning. They are on an endcap, not in with the other Star Wars items. The endcap can be seen from the main aisle as you head back to the toy dept. They had two flats of figures; 3 each of the five sets. They must have just put them out because they were all there. Oh yeah, they are 17 dollars each. No thank you

Reaction score

K Mart on Hickman had the Geonosis Assault and Ambush on Vulture's Claw battlepacks. I passed on them because not interested in them and they were $24.99

Reaction score

Wal Mart Jordan Creek has the exclusive Evolution sets. I saw them ther this morning (less than an hour ago). There was no shelf tag and when I tried to to scan it, it said see an associate. Never found an associate that could help. They had about a dozen or so. They also had Wave 2 (Clone Wars) of the Legacy figs. I checked the droid part and they were all original and not carry forward.

Reaction score

New Figure Mojo in Des Moines / Ankeny....

Had a great Geek day run today. Big thanks to T. Huey for joining me on today's trip! Here is the rundown.

Started out with the Ankeny Walmart. They had three new Titaniums (Mist Hunter, Rebel Transport, and Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring) as well as the Wally exclusive Clone Wars two packs (Lieutenant Thire & Clone Trooper Rys / Yoda & Clone Trooper Jek). I picked up one set for myself and one set for my buddy Jeff.

Next find: TRU on University had the Imperial deco V-Wing exclusive in stock so I picked up one of those there. The southside TRU has it as well.

Big thanks to GreenThree for posting the Wally exclusive Evolutions find yesterday. Jordan Creek had them out still with no shelf tag and the Trooper pack didn't ring up when I got up front with them.... but the Rebel Pilots did and it was only $14.97! So they rang them all up for that. If you are even on the fence on these... get yourself over to that Jordan Creek Wally now!

The Jordan Creek Target has the Exclusive Wedge's X-Wing set out on an endcap so I did pick one up there. All of the other Targets in Des Moines that I can "ping" did show them as being in the back in stock, but no location on the shelf.

And I got the latest issue of Invasion at Mayhem Comics.

Corman

Reaction score

After GreeThree's tip, I had went to Jordan Creek Walmart last night trying to buy the evolutions packs. When they still didn't give a price on the scanner I asked someone what the price was. After she looked on the computer and looked in the back she said she'd have to call a number to get the price tomorrow. She said they'd hold a set of them for me and took down my number to call me with the price. When I hadn't heard from anyone today I called and they said the price was $14.97 and they had a set for me at customer service. It was a good thing too because I checked the shelf first tonight and they only had one set and an extra Imperial set left.
I also picked up the last Wedge X-Wing at the Jordan Creek Target.

Reaction score

the problem is that these were sent in as a promo item and for reasons undecipherable, they are sent as qty 1 price whatever the ENTIRE box cost. I've seen it happen with Pallets of movie releases. lets say like Watchment came ina a big cardboard sidplayer, 150 copies at 10 each BUT for some reason, instead of entering it in the system as 150QTY for $10 it gets packed and shipped to the store as 1 for $1500. Thats what's happened to these figures. There'll be 3 UPC that didn't get entered so someone has to take how many per box, devide them by how many were actually in it and then put each UPC in the system.

Reaction score

Went back to Jordan Creek WM this morning. Still no shelf tags for Evolutions but when I used the scanner, they came up $14.96. Had to get the Rebel pilots set of course.

Also don't know if anyone has seen or is interested but both the Windsor Heights and Jordan Creek WM had the Saga Legends with the Eopie mail away stickers on them.

Reaction score

GreenThree said:
Also don't know if anyone has seen or is interested but both the Windsor Heights and Jordan Creek WM had the Saga Legends with the Eopie mail away stickers on them.
Same at Ankeny Wally. They also had the Cad Bane wave in full affect so I finally snagged me Bane and left at least three. Still had plenty of the CW two-packs Corman reported on yesterday as well.

Reaction score

Darth_Cain said:
Coralville Wal-mart had the Darktrooper two-packs as of yesterday on a bottom shelf. Kind of hard to notice if you do a quick run through.
Thanks for that tip.
Haven't seen a single new legacy figure out here in weeks CR or IC.

Reaction score

Stopped at Cedar Rapids SW side Wal-Mart last Sunday afternoon & there was a car parked next to me with Polk County plates. i glanced in his car as I was getting into my car & he had a box of Star Wars figures - Ugnaughts & other new figures & DC Heroes figures in his front seat. Might explain why there hasn't been much found around here lately. I quit buying them around the Jodo Kast wave last year.

Reaction score

Picked up the Walmart Evolutions at the CV Walmart for 13.96 ea.

Reaction score

Sorry for the double post, but has anyone seen the Red 2 Target exclusive? I've been searching for it without the DPCI, and havent been able to find one. I'm thinking I may take the DPCI up to the SW side target in CR tomorrow, unless someone has another lead.

Reaction score

New Figure Mojo in Ankeny....

On the way back from Harlan tonight with my wife and we stopped to stretch our legs at the Ankeny Wally.

And The Phantom Menace Wave was in the house. I picked up one each of the new figures (Clegg Holdfast, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Gungan Warrior, Queen Amidala, Darth Sidious Hologram, and Rum Sleg) plus the Darth Maul (couldn't tell if he was new or not). Felt GOOD to find new Legacy figures on the pegs and not have to order them off the internet. Don't get me wrong, the Clone Wars line is good and I love the Comic Book Two Packs but the single carded figures are the driving force in the line. The last time I'd found new Legacy figures at retail was February 4th. The ESB and AotC waves were available (and I purchased them) online well before I'd seen them at retail (and I have yet to see all of the AotC wave at retail). It was a thrill to see new movie based figures on the pegs again. HASBRO: More, please!

The also have the Octuptarra Droid on the stock pallet but none on the shelves. And they also have the Wally exclusive Evolutions one isle over away for the Star Wars figures. No deals there though, they scanned in at $24.97.

Corman

Reaction score

Ankeny Walmart had a couple sets of TPM wave on the left pegs. They also had some Octuptarra Droids on the shelf with the rest of the vehicles.

Reaction score

More New Figure Mojo in Ankeny and Vechile Mojo in Marshalltown....

Had to run down to Bass Pro Shop tonight to pick up a couple of things. Swung back by the Ankeny Wally and picked up the last set of The Phantom Menace wave ((Clegg Holdfast, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Gungan Warrior, Queen Amidala, Darth Sidious Hologram, and Rum Sleg) for my buddy Jeff in Sioux City. The Ankeny Wally also had the next wave of Walmart exclusive Under the Helmet (Clone Commander Cody / Clone Trooper Echo and Captain Rex / Clone Trooper Fives) two packs. So I pick up two sets of those (one for me, one for my buddy Jeff).

Got back to Marshalltown and swung into our Wally and they have the Walmart exclusive Octuptarra Droid out on pallets. They let me buy two (one for me, one for my buddy Jeff) and there are still quite a few left.

Corman

Reaction score

I am going to sell everything we have been collecting for the past five years. If anyone is interested let me know, I need to make room. PM me if you are interested.

Reaction score

Ankeny Target had Wedge's X-Wing on a back endcap today. No new figures though.