Area Reports Part 7: 2009, 2010, and 2011

Reaction score
I've been keeping an eye out for Solo Wave Four and haven't seen any sign of them showing up in Iowa yet. I'm close to just ordering a case from EE and calling it a day.

Corman

Reaction score
New Figure Mojo in Grimes and Des Moines....

So I've been using Brickseek to keep tabs on Walmart numbers of Solo figures for the last two weeks or so and the Grimes Walmart increased by 12 yesterday. I headed there today and was greeted with Wave Four of the 5 POA Solo line. I picked up one each of Beckett, Val, L3, Rio, Han Mudtrooper, the Pike, and Emperor's Royal Guard. This wave is outstanding.

I also stopped at the Walmart off of 72nd street and found Wave One of the Galaxy of Adventure line there. I picked up one each of R2, Vader, Cherie, and Luke.

Corman

Reaction score
In the past week, I've seen the new 6" Archive figures at Target stores in Ames and the Des Moines area. The Ames Target also had the new 3.75" figures from the new animated Disney Star Wars show. I must be out of touch with collecting news, as I did not realize the latter were even coming out.

Reaction score
Was at Five Below Store (Palatine, IL/Chicago Area) and picked up modern Black Series figures for $5 each. Jyn, Cassian and Krennic.

Reaction score
Wal-mart in Coralville had one, lone Luke pilot for the new Black series re-release. I am looking for a Bossk. If anyone finds one, let me know.

*Mutter to myself*

How many times have I been helped out on this message board with finding stuff? One time.

How many times have I helped out others on this board? One time.

Thanks!

Reaction score
The Southside Cedar Rapids Walmart had two Bossks yesterday.

Corman

Reaction score
I hit up the Quad City Comic Con today in Cedar Rapids with minimum expectations today. Turns out it was a very worthwhile time! I picked up my Bossk and a Dengar that I wanted for the Black Series, got a nice complete vintage Princess Leia complete and I reacquainted myself with qcjedimatt after a long hiatus. Good day! Lots of scores!

Reaction score
Anyone see any of the TVC TIEs discounted at Wal-Mart? Yakface posted a guy finding them for $10. I would like one, but not at the $80 price point.

Reaction score
Hey D_C, I picked up one tonight - it's yours if you want it. It was $20.14 with tax. We're in Ankeny a couple of times a week and I'm in Urbandale at least five times a week...

BB
I am over by Iowa City. Could you ship it? I will send you payment via Paypal. Otherwise I won't be over to that side of the state until late June.

Reaction score
I am over by Iowa City. Could you ship it? I will send you payment via Paypal. Otherwise I won't be over to that side of the state until late June.
I can certainly ship it to you if you'd like. I am concerned that it may be a bit pricey due to the size of the box even though it does not weigh that much. If you're not in a hurry to get it, it's welcome to hang out at my house until you're over this way.
My husband is used to my toys, so one more won't hurt anything, lol!
Whatever you'd prefer works for me.

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I was just in West Des Monies for work last week and went to one of the Jay's Cd and Hobby shops (off 22nd St.) and bought some loose vintage Tie fighter pilots with their weapons and a few Mini rigs for displaying.

I have shopped at the three stores many times and never had an issues except twice with this location. Their so called toy expert does not know how to do the sink/float test for vintage weapons. The first repro weapon was last October and I asked them to bring a cup of water to test them.
The imperial blaster off a stormtrooper sunk to the bottom. They took $8 dollars off back then and I walked out with a $12 semi mint stormie!

This past trip they have construction in the parking lot and they seemed short staffed and the manager helped me. He didn't have time to get a glass of water to test the weapon, but guaranteed me they were not reproduction weapons.
I traveled to the quad cities that night and I tested both of the weapons and to my dismay one sunk to the bottom!!!!
I use the TIG sight to help me identify the weapon version and make sure their legit.
So when I called this location the next day they were kind of jerks about my issue and said all sales are final.
I explained the situation and got a different manager than the guy that helped me the day before.
This manager agreed too exchange for equal value as long as I bring figure, weapon and receipt back (Very fair, however I could see some wanting their money back out of frustration).
So I head out that way every 4 weeks and on my next road trip I'll exchange the figure and repro weapon (They better throw the gun away).
I don't plan on shopping at this location again unless thy get a better "Action Figure Expert".
The other two locations are great and I have never had an issue at them.

Reaction score
I can certainly ship it to you if you'd like. I am concerned that it may be a bit pricey due to the size of the box even though it does not weigh that much. If you're not in a hurry to get it, it's welcome to hang out at my house until you're over this way.
My husband is used to my toys, so one more won't hurt anything, lol!
Whatever you'd prefer works for me.
Thanks! I will let you know when I am going to be in DM and the area. I really appreciate it!

I ordered the Stormie Han and Stormie Luke on Target.com today and picked them up in Coralville. Interestingly they were not on the pegs in the toy section, but they had them for purchase online. Whatever. Glad to have picked them up.

Reaction score
Thanks! I will let you know when I am going to be in DM and the area. I really appreciate it!

I ordered the Stormie Han and Stormie Luke on Target.com today and picked them up in Coralville. Interestingly they were not on the pegs in the toy section, but they had them for purchase online. Whatever. Glad to have picked them up.
Sounds good. As far as I know, we aren't going anywhere in June (son has driver's ed...).

As for the VC figures, they may have had them in the men's apparel section as part of the Father's Day gifting merchandise. I saw some of them on one of the gifting fixtures the other day. Glad you were able to get the ones you wanted.

Reaction score
Busy Bantha came through for me with the TIE today! I met her at Target, picked it up and got to put a name with a face. It was a great experience I am very appreciative. Thanks! I forgot to ask you about the retro collection and if you were able to get them at Target! I meant to ask that!

Thanks again!

Reaction score
Busy Bantha came through for me with the TIE today! I met her at Target, picked it up and got to put a name with a face. It was a great experience I am very appreciative. Thanks! I forgot to ask you about the retro collection and if you were able to get them at Target! I meant to ask that!

Thanks again!
I was glad I could help! I agree it was nice to put a name with a face.

As for the retro collection, I opted not to get them. With the 3.75" and 6" figures I've accumulated plus the Galactic Heroes, various plushes, and odds and ends,
I don't dare start another line to collect, lol!

Reaction score
If anyone still needs the Walmart exclusive Jabba set....

Sioux Falls SD
Sioux Center IA
LeMars IA
Newton IA

all went from out of stock to limited availability. My friend Jeff just picked one up from the LeMars store. They're still hitting.

Corman

Reaction score
Oddly enough, I was at two of those stores last weekend. I wasn't looking for the playset and didn't notice whether they had it, but I did find the 3.75" Skiff Lando for $5 at the LeMars store. On a whim, I checked the remaining three 3.75" figures in the Triple Force Friday cardboard shipper, and they also scanned at $5, so I picked up a Lando, an X-Wing Pilot Luke, and a Sith Jet Trooper. I passed on the Poe. The 6" figures were all regular price, and all the figures were regular price in Sioux Center.

Reaction score
I picked up the Clone Wars Obi Wan Kenobi at the Walgreens near the interstate in Ankeny tonight. I really like this figure!

Reaction score
Thank you for the heads up. My wife swung by there today and picked one up for me. This figure is fantastic.

Corman

Reaction score
New Figure Mojo in Des Moines....

I picked up from the Five Below Merle Hay Mall two Solo carded Emperor’s Royal Guards and a Quay Tolsite.

The Merle Hay Mall Target had one TVC Jawa.
The Urbandale Target had TVC Shadow Trooper, two TVC Sith Troopers, and a Knight of Ren.
The Valley West Mall Target had a TVC Jawa, two TVC Sith Troopers, and a TVC Yavin Leia. The cards and bubbles are all trashed so openers only there.
The Ankeny Target had three TVC Jawas and a Knight of Ren.

My wife picked me up a TVC Yavin Leia at the Ames Target on a very nice card.

Corman

Reaction score
Stumbled on to Black Series Wave 23 in Dubuque over the weekend at Target. Picked up Wedge (YES!) and Cara Dune. Also found IG-11 at Best Buy.

Reaction score
New Figure Mojo in Ames....

I picked up the Target exclusive Cave of Evil figure pack and the Target exclusive C-3PO Black Series figure at the Ames Target. I used the DPCI numbers from the Target app and had a very helpful employee get them from the back for me. I used the coupon code from Target to get 25% off the Cave of Evil and a coupon from Target's toy catalog to get a $5 gift card on C-3PO.

Corman

Reaction score
New Figure Mojo in Des Moines....

Had a very successful Geek Day on Friday. Sorry this post is late but here is what I found.

The Altoona Walmart has the new Star Wars pallet shippers out. I picked up the Black Series Jedi Knight Luke, Spirit Yoda and Episode One and Three Skywalker Saga commemorative sets. They didn’t have any Episode Two sets there. They also did have the Vintage Collection Yavin Luke there in good numbers.

I picked up the Black Series First Order Jet Trooper at the Altoona Target.

I picked up the Black Series Wedge and Jannah figures at the Jordan Creek GameStop.

I picked up the Episode Two Skywalker Saga commemorative set at the Ankeny Walmart. They didn’t have the pallet displays out but the figures were in the normal Star Wars set. It was the lone Episode Two set there.

Corman

Reaction score
Coralville Walmart had lots of Spirit Yodas and Yavin Lukes. I picked up the one Black Series Luke Jedi. They also had a couple of Jabba Palaces.

Reaction score
I've had an expensive couple of weeks as well, lol! I ordered Rey with the new little droid from Kohl's (and received one with good paint apps!), ordered Wedge Antilles and Commander Fox from Gamestop while the sale was on, picked up Cara Dune from the Jordan Creek Gamestop during the sale, and picked up Spirit Yoda and Jedi Knight Luke at the Grimes Walmart last night while I waited for our Pizza Hut order to be ready. I haven't found this much that interested me in ages!