Area Reports Part 7: 2009, 2010, and 2011

Reaction score
I saw Thrawn, Hera, Luke (TLJ), Kylo Ren, Vader, and Rey at the Merle Hay Target store this evening. I already have what I wanted from that group, so I left them for someone else to find and enjoy. :)

Reaction score
Knoxville Walmart had 3.75" BS figures. Rang up with no problems. They also had a good assortment of basic figures and a few new 6" figures too.

Reaction score
TRU in Marion IL had the new 6" Commander Gree fig in stock as of Sunday 9/24. They had roughly 6-8 on the pegs. I found the newest wave of 3.75" BS figs at the Marion IL Walmart last weekend. I also found the much-awaited 3.75 Scarif Stormtrooper FINALLY at the Harrisburg IL Walmart. They also had 3-4 of them on the pegs as well.

Reaction score
New Figure Mojo at Jordan Creek....

So I'm on a toy run with my kids today in the area around Des Moines, Iowa. I'm hunting for the Obi-Wan Walgreens exclusive and have had no luck at my hometown Walgreens (I've checked there several times over the last two weeks) so I was hoping the Des Moines area might have some. I tried a couple with no luck. I find myself at the Jordan Creek Target on a food run and out of habit I swing by the toy aisle. Where SIX Obi-Wans are hanging on the pegs. No idea how the got there and as you can guess they didn't ring up in their system. I did get my checker to punch the price in manually with no fuss.

Corman

Reaction score
New Titanium Mojo In Marshalltown....

Stopped by my local GameStop and found they had their exclusive Black Series Titanium Helmet #10 - Luke Skywalker Red 5 and TIE Fighter Pilot helmet two pack out. I picked up one. Helmets look great.

Corman

Reaction score
Target in Marion IL had the remains of the Snowtrooper TBS 6 wave. I was able to snag an AT-AT Driver and a Snowtrooper. The only had 1 remaining Snowtrooper.

Reaction score
New Figure Mojo in Des Moines....

I picked up two (one for me, one for my buddy Jeff) of the TRU exclusive Last Jedi Poe's Boosted X-Wing Fighter and one of the TRU exclusive Black Series Ackbar and First Order Officer two pack at the Southridge TRU yesterday.

Corman

Reaction score
The GameStop in Cedar Rapids on the SW side by Wal-Mart had two pegs of R2-D2 and Han Solo 40th Anniversary 6 inch as of 30 minutes ago. I left all of the Hans and I bought two R2's. There were still 3-4 R2's left on the peg. The card condition for the remaining figures was sketchy so if you are an opener they are perfect.

Happy Hunting.

Reaction score
No updates? Slow holiday season?

Coralville Target had Black Series Jaina Solo, Praetorian Guard and Snoke. I picked up the only Solo and Guard. Left the Snoke. Happy Hunting.

Reaction score
Still some Black Series goodness at GameStop on the SW side of Cedar Rapids for anyone looking for 6 inch R2, Han or Praetorian Guard. I will continue to post here occasionally and entertain myself.

Happy Hunting...no one.

Reaction score
Sadly, there just isn't anything to report with no new articulated figures coming out.

Though I did pick up a nice set of Death Troopers on clearance recently...

Reaction score
New Figure Mojo in Des Moines....

I picked up Black Series 6 inch Rey and DJ at the Southside Gamestop. Whatever Hasbro is doing to the face deco is really sweet.

I also picked up four Black Series 3 3/4 inch Emperor's Royal Guards at the Marshalltown Walmart because the were $4 each.

Corman

Reaction score
New Figure Mojo in Urbandale....

The Urbandale Target (which is undergoing a remodel) has the Battle of Crait four pack out on the shelf. 5% was a nice surprise. Nice set of figures.

Ankeny Target also has them out in the Star Wars toy section.

Corman

Reaction score
I found Rex, Island Journey Rey, DJ, Lando Billy Dee Williams version), and Captain Phasma at the Urbandale Target. I got Rex and Rey and left the others for someone else to enjoy. :)

Reaction score
TRU in Cedar Rapids was taking 10% Star Wars items and 5% off Legos. Not much of either product has moved yet.

Reaction score
New Figure Mojo in Ames and Ankeny....

Super late posting this but on Friday I picked up the Black Series 6 inch Captain Rex at the Ames Gamestop and the Walmart exclusive Kylo Ren at the Ankeny Walmart.

Corman

Reaction score
I found new 6" figures at the Urbandale Target. I picked up the Imperial Range Trooper. They also had the Jawa, Death Star Commander, young Han, and young Lando, but I left those for someone else to find and enjoy.

Reaction score
New Figure Mojo yesterday in the Des Moines Area....

Started out at 7am this morning at the Marshalltown Walmart. Nothing new out on the shelves but they had a case or two of Solo items on the pallet and I wasn't in the mood to snoop.

Got to Altoona at 8 and their Target and Walmart had zero new things out. The Altoona Walmart had 12 feet of empty space from the deck to the top shelf. Crazy.

Got to the Merle Hay Mall Target at 8:30 and they also had nothing new out.

Finally had some luck at the Urbandale Target at 9. I picked up the Lando two pack, the Maul two pack, the Force Reader 2.0, a Black Series Tarkin, a Black Series Kylo Ren Masterpiece display, the Kessel Run Millennium Falcon, the Luke / Wampa and Nest with vehicle sets there. This is the only Target that had the Black Series Porgs that I saw today as well.

Grimes Walmart had nothing new.

The Valley West Target had the Solo 5 POA figures as well as the Vintage Collection figures. I picked up a set of the Solo 5 POA figures there as well as the Black Series Sandtrooper with Dewback there. They also had the Speeder from Solo but the boxes were in rough shape.

The Walmart off of 73rd street had Solo 5 POA figures as well as the Vader Black Series helmet.

The Jordan Creek Target had Vintage Collection and Solo 5 POA figures as well as the Solo Speeder in a much better box so I got one there.

The Southridge Target didn't have anything new but it looked like they were getting ready to reset it.

The south side Walmart had nothing new.

Indianola Walmart didn't have anything new.

The Ankeny Walmart didn't have anything new.

The Ankeny Target had two cases worth of Solo 5 POA figures but only a Vintage Snoke and TFA stormtrooper. Their Solo stuff was on an endcap.

Got back to Marshalltown and stopped by GameStop and picked up a set of the Vintage Collection figures and used one of their 25% off bags to take the sting off that. Made it cheaper than Target's pricing on them at least.

Reaction score
The Game Stop on the SW Side by Walmart in Cedar Rapids had a bunch of the vintage collection except for Hoth troopers. The Westdale Walmart had the Black Series Vader helmet which is really cool. Sort of kicking myself for not grabbing one. Started to see Solo stuff various places, too.

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, Wal Mart Jordan Creek had the Black Series 6 inch on extreme clearance. The sticker said $5 but they scanned at 3 cents. As of 10:30 this morning, they had eight Cassians. They are in the clearance aisle

Reaction score
New Figure Mojo in Ankeny and Altoona....

My kids and I took my wife out for Mother's Day and I had some great luck at two Targets. I found the Snoke, Kylo, and Moloch (which someone had hidden) at the Ankeny Target. We then swung down to the Altoona Target that had the Hoth Leia as well as a full set of the four that I picked up for a friend. While I was doing that my wife asked if they had gotten in their exclusive Black Series Chewie. A very helpful employee went back and brought the case out and let me have my pick.

Corman

Reaction score
Target toy resets are going on this week. I was able to pick up the Gamorrean Guard at the Ankeny store this afternoon. Also got the new plush Porg with Porglets. :)

Reaction score
New figure Mojo in Marshalltown....

Stopped by our local Walmart after my morning shift at work and they had stocked a case of Solo Wave Three. I picked up a Luke, Vader, Rey, and two of the First Order Stormtrooper Officer (The Last Jedi). The other Rey was gone but the extra Luke and Vader are still there.

I also picked up the latest issue of the Star Wars Insider there.

Corman

Last edited:
Reaction score
New Figure Mojo in Grimes and Ankeny....

Better late than never but yesterday I took a trip to the Des Moines area and found some stuff.

The Altoona Walmart had the Solo Wave Three figures minus the First Order Stormtrooper Officer.

The Grimes Walmart had the new Solo two packs (ReBolt with critter and muddy buddies Han and Chewie). I picked up two of each (one for me and one for my friend Jeff) and left two of each there. They also had the Solo Wave Three figures minus the First Order Stormtrooper Officer.

The Jordan Creek Walmart also had the new Solo two packs (ReBolt with critter and muddy buddies Han and Chewie).

The Ankeny Target had the Black Series Rey Centerpiece figure/display as well as the Black Series Enfyst Nest 6 inch figure with speeder set. I picked up one of each. There was one Enfyst left and three of the Reys. There was also a lone Black Series Gammorean Guard there as well.

Corman

Reaction score
Fond my Gammorean Guard finally. Target in Cedar Rapids on the SW side had several. Also had Kylo Ren's fighter from TLJ marked down to $25.

Reaction score
New Figure Mojo in Pella, Knoxville, and Jordan Creek....

So I've been using Brickseek to keep tabs on Walmart numbers of Vintage Collection figures for the last two weeks or so and headed out to see if I could Find anything new. Every store I had success with had Vintage Wave One on the pegs and I received help form employees that got a fresh case out of the back for me.

The Pella Walmart had one full set of Wave Two (Deathtrooper, Imperial Tank Driver, Young Han and Enfys Nest) that I bought as well as the Walmart Exclusive TIE Fighter tucked away on the top shelf. I snagged one of those as well. Non Star Wars related but I also got lucky with the Harry Potter Minifig series and got my wife a Percival Graves / Grindelwald (one per case of 60 blind bagged).

The Knoxville Walmart had one case of Wave Three (Imperial Tank Driver, TLJ Luke, Dr. Aphra, Range Trooper, Rogue One Cassian, Young Han, and Enfys Nest) that I bought. The extra Han and Enfys are headed to my friend Jeff.

The Jordan Creek had a case of Wave Two. I snagged the Tank Driver and Deathtrooper and left the Young Han and Enfys Nest.

Corman

Reaction score
New Figure Mojo in Cedar Falls and Cedar Rapids....

Had another good run today. I found the Walgreens exclusive General Veers at the Cedar Falls Walgreens off of University Ave.

I picked up the Solo Troopers Six Pack at the north side Cedar Rapids Target.

I used the DPCI number to get the Leia from the south side Cedar Rapids Target.

I found a lone Solo AT-DT at the south side Cedar Rapids Walmart.

I'm pretty much caught up except for the Solo TIE Fighter and the Vintage Collection Imperial Tank.

Corman

Reaction score
Coralville proved fruitful today. Walmart had remnants of the most TVC wave. Picked up the Tank driver but left Han Solo and Cassian Andor. Walmart also had their exclusive TIE as well as several AT-DT's. $80 strikes me as steep for the TIE, so I will wait. Walgreens in Coralville had the Veers exclusive. Only one though and I snagged him.

Corman, are you and I the only guys posting here anymore?

Reaction score
Nope, D_C, you're not the only two still posting. I crawl out from under my rock once in awhile and post if I see something I think others in the area may be looking for. :)

The Valley West Target store had the 6" Bespin Leia yesterday evening. The Walgreens on University in West Des Moines had the 6" General Veers on Wednesday afternoon.

Reaction score
New Figure Mojo in Marshalltown....

I just picked up the Walmart exclusive Black Series Minban Stormtrooper at my local Walmart.

Corman

Reaction score
Westdale Target in CR had loads of Gammy Guards out and a few Molochs. I might have messed up the spelling of that dude from Solo.

If anyone sees the TIE marked down at their Walmart, let me know. I would like one but not at the $80 price point.

Reaction score
Glad to see there are still some active collectors in Iowa. I have generally not bothered hunting for Hasbro stuff since the Vintage line went on Hiatus.

Then I noticed the Royal Guard and Palpatine molds for the Forcelink 2.0 line and was like "OMG, they FINALLY nailed the royal guard figure!" I hit Walmart and Target at Jordon Creek Yesterday. Nothing exciting.

Anyone seen wave 4 of the forcelink 2.0 set? They have a single figure for the Royal Guard and would like to pick up more but it looks like Wave 4 is either getting totally snapped up oras was always the case,we are going to wait longer to see newer waves in Iowa.